What's new

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkwhite1602

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Re: [アスガル騎士団|RPG]ROBFS4U

Why's a piracy hating dev on a piracy forum?? Rather, how does he know of Anonymous if not directly being involved in advertising a piracy site. (If you see this stick to making games, rants won't help your cause)

Duvet

Lurker
Reputation score

From a content creator perspective, I suppose when you do a simple title search on your own game, you'd naturally dislike it when your games are easily accessible to the public especially when it's the first hit on Google. Furthermore, it's natural to be interested in what other people think of your game whether it's positive or negative.

I don't mean to reprimand anyone for expressing their opinions, but there are things better kept to yourself. Yes, this forum is rampant with piracy, but there's no need to be so outspoken about it to draw attention. Let sleeping dogs lie and move on.

krisslanza

Lurker
Reputation score

Why's a piracy hating dev on a piracy forum?? Rather, how does he know of Anonymous if not directly being involved in advertising a piracy site. (If you see this stick to making games, rants won't help your cause)
No he's hating on a specific person. Because that particular poster just loves to flaunt how much he pirates things, and generally seems to disrespect the developers in general. Not to mention their Japanese views...

I mean, yeah sure we all pirate to some degrees. I simply do it because I cannot read these games. If a translation is made - like Monmosu Quest - I'll gladly buy it. Just how it is. But if the game isn't something I can enjoy, well...

Bupkis

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

What I would really like is for him to release the game on English DLsite. The problem with US users in this case is that they have little to no choice but to pirate the game, given how it's y'know, not available to us otherwise.

Though if it is aimed solely towards Anonymous then congratulations, you've managed to spread the seemingly rampant hatred towards you above and beyond the borders of the forum and you're potentially making this worse for the rest of us.

Last edited:

an anonymous

Banned
Reputation score

Though if it is aimed solely towards Anonymous then congratulations, you've managed to spread the seemingly rampant hatred towards you above and beyond the borders of the forum and you're potentially making this worse for the rest of us.
im pretty infamous:(
though i stand for what i say and i really really hate pedos and loli:mad:
and can't see h game devs as regular (normal) jobs:(

but i think he's upset because i called him a japanese racist,:(
and provide mega links from his games:eek:
(and criticising his loli art)

anyway there's a new bost:
don't know what it says but i hope it's not about me:(

by the way on his other blog there:
he posted a pic from me:eek:

i also been thinking on posting a apology as a comment there?
(but i'm not sure if he notice it)

maybe i should write it in english?

(man i really don't want the game to be delayed because of me):(

Abandonedacc

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Oh shiet it cant be this getting funnier and funnier :p

Bupkis

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

This makes me wonder how much of what we say he actually reads.

darkwhite1602

Reputation score

I mean, yeah sure we all pirate to some degrees. I simply do it because I cannot read these games. If a translation is made - like Monmosu Quest - I'll gladly buy it. Just how it is. But if the game isn't something I can enjoy, well...
Same for me, I won't buy robf2 because of how it is specifically made to not appeal to the western audience. However, translations made by the developer himself would appeal much more to a pirate.

Prototype909

Reputation score

What I would really like is for him to release the game on English DLsite. The problem with US users in this case is that they have little to no choice but to pirate the game, given how it's y'know, not available to us otherwise.
Agreed, even if releasing it on English DLsite doesn't fundamentally remove the issue of piracy at the very least you provide people the opportunity to support it (Which right now doesn't exist at all). Asking for a translation is 100% unreasonable - we aren't the target audience, I don't feel like simply asking for an English DLsite release is 100% unreasonable though. Even if it only resolves a fraction of piracy cases there will be people who will choose to buy it rather than pirate should the option be available.

That said, anonymous's vitriol and racism is pretty unacceptable regardless of the circumstances

terence0709

Banned
Reputation score

Doesn't he have an illustrator? isn't he conceited by adding pointless mini games into the main game just because of pirating?
The illustrator Plays a massive huge role, He should have a say in this...
( If i recall, his pen name is kageneko )

Liink : pixiv.net/member.php?id=1398221

I am sick and tired of other games such a First player shooting or other crap...

BF-RPGs are what opened my eyes till now.

My Fetish changed because of all the BF-games i have played...

I Just wanna play H-Games!

Demonheart

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Not sure if you realize this, but he is able to see where the traffic is coming from when we directly link his posts. Also, it is somewhat in his interest to see where the traffic is coming from and see if his game is being pirated or not(Thanks to our members).

Doesn't he have an illustrator? isn't he conceited by adding pointless mini games into the main game just because of pirating?
The illustrator Plays a massive huge role, He should have a say in this...
( If i recall, his pen name is kageneko )
It really depends on the relationship with the developer. However, it is premature to assume that the artist is a developer as well. I think the artist is just commissioned to do the artwork for the developer for a predetermined sum of money or percentage of sales revenue.

You do have a choice if it is not specifically on the ENG DLSITE. That is a poor excuse.
1) I was able to purchase the game from JP DLSITE with my US Credit Card. It's as easy as calling the number for Account Services and letting them know they should expect a foreign transaction.
2) Another choice is to not pirate at all. /shrug

Agreed, even if releasing it on English DLsite doesn't fundamentally remove the issue of piracy at the very least you provide people the opportunity to support it (Which right now doesn't exist at all). Asking for a translation is 100% unreasonable - we aren't the target audience, I don't feel like simply asking for an English DLsite release is 100% unreasonable though. Even if it only resolves a fraction of piracy cases there will be people who will choose to buy it rather than pirate should the option be available.

That said, anonymous's vitriol and racism is pretty unacceptable regardless of the circumstances
Thank you! Glad to see some valid points being made. /clap Must feel like crap to see the same person who has no shame in sharing your game and, also, getting bashed at the same time.

edit: ben thinking should i try to contact him and telling him i'm sorry if i upset him and that i'm a huge fan of his games?
(even though i pirate them)

and how can i contact him?
I think you are past the point of reconciliation with the developer.

darkwhite1602

Reputation score

1) I was able to purchase the game from JP DLSITE with my US Credit Card. It's as easy as calling the number for Account Services and letting them know they should expect a foreign transaction.
2) Another choice is to not pirate at all. /shrug
Well I wasn't. What do i do now? Thank the Japanese developer for not making the game available for me?

bigwakka

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Well I wasn't. What do i do now? Thank the Japanese developer for not making the game available for me?

Well i think nothing can be done at this point.....since the dev already piss so just let it be.......

I just wonder how he can put more harder questions(or anti foreigner questions) since Japanese customers have problem with it too......

EDIT and another thing that I wonder why the dev not use that "dliste protection system" (or whatever) on his game?.....(I asked because those game(or arts)that use dlsite protection system seem no one share it on this forum freely....)

Last edited:

darkwhite1602

Reputation score

Well i think nothing can be done at this point.....since the dev already piss so just let it be.......

I just wonder how he can put more harder questions(or anti foreigner questions) since Japanese customers have problem with it too......

EDIT and another thing that I wonder why the dev not use that "dliste protection system" (or whatever) on his game?.....(I asked because those game(or arts)that use dlsite protection system seem no one share it on this forum freely....)
The jap questions were circumvented hours after release. Essentially there's nothing he can do except complain and make it worse for the legitimate consumer. Even Japanese buyers complained about the questions.

an anonymous

Banned
Reputation score

man if he would do that then he would getting much less sales, and dlsite getting a bigger piece of the money:(

but youre right thad drm protection is a good anti piracy tool:(
i already searched everywhere and try everything to get these two:

i ve been trying to buy them with two different cc to, but dlsite just don't want my foreign money (for some reason):(

reddo

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

man if he would do that then he would getting much less sales, and dlsite getting a bigger piece of the money:(
As far as I remember, DLsite does not charge to add their DRM protection.

Sales loss is debatable. Since people are already hooked to his games, he has them by the balls, so to speak. He might even get extra sales from desperate pirates, even if he's losing a few of the old customers because of the DRM. In the end, one might even the other out.

DRM is often good for those with bad products and bad for those with good products and no reputation. I can only see it being neutral for someone with a good reputation and good product.

Also, for your CC issue: if I remember correctly, DLsite rejects certain credit card companies because people would buy the games, download them and then claim fraud. The credit card company would then just cancel everything and not pay DLsite and they couldn't do anything about it. So they just cut business with these companies instead. So you could try getting a different CC for it.

Last edited:

tsuchinoko92

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I'm sure the most recent game isn't about ROBFS4U's story. I really really hope the developer doesn't drop ROBFS4U out of spite.:(

an anonymous

Banned
Reputation score

praise the gods of battle fuck there is a new bost:

he even makes a small video about some new features (i think)
(can't wait for the demo):D

urielmanx7

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Mmm, rats, I wish I hadn't read about this piracy thing, now I feel bad (not because I have the game pirate ver) but because his attitude towards piracy, he's doing the exact opposite to counter piracy, which in turn, it's invincible, if there's still ppl thinking piracy is something that can be eradicated, they are the most gullible ppl on the planet, piracy is a thing that will be while there's humankind, the only way to stop it, would be if every single person on earth changed their mind from "if I can get it free, I'll get it" to "if I can't buy it, I'll endure 'til I can", which is impossible; so now that I learned of his attitude it kinda makes me not want to even play the game (which it shouldn't, I should care only about the game, not the dude making it, still...); back on topic, instead of trying to make the game less appealing to westerns, he should do the opposite, the best way to get ppl to buy your shit is to make it good, and that's coming from me, a Mexican who's all his life has consumed pirated games (there's no turning back for me really, now the sole concept of buying games seems alien to me :p), and yet, after playing DaS (pirated of course), I enjoyed it that much that I ended up buying it anyways, just because of that, so I'm pretty sure that the better the game, the more ppl that will buy it legally (and of course, the more it will be pirated); besides, I gonna take the risk to guess he's pirated a game or 2 in his life, so wanting it to not happen to your game is BS, that's my (unneeded and unwanted) 2 cents on the matter. Now to wait until it's finished to download the torrent :p

Status
Not open for further replies.