What's new

RPG [Architect] Monstergirls Unlimited RPG RPGMaker

Pakars

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Monstergirls Unlimited RPG

First impression: Surprisingly good writing compared to many English RPGMaker games.

I do like how fleshed out the beginning is for as far as I've gotten since I started(not very far).

Edit2: I love you.

Last edited:
OP
Architect

Architect

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

That bug has been fixed in 0.4

For the people requesting a non-exe format, I personally am not sure how I would go about doing that, so if anyone here knows how to convert exe to rar or something, please do so for the sake of the others'. o_o

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

ALSO:

Did you mean to make it easy to spam the Centaur in the back right of the stable for gold?

OP
Architect

Architect

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Yep. You can spam any of the farm monstergirls really.

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

Yeah, but the other ones I actually have to go off-screen for. With her, all I have to do is take one step away, and then step right back.

Also, sometimes the text seems to cut off right at the very edge of the screen, like I'll only see half an "o" or something.

ALSO also, while it should be obvious to people, saying weapons are "one-handed" or "two-handed" would be a nice touch.

Nice game, can't wait to see more :p

EDIT: Something about the Boss fight.
Salyri never once tried to 'suck' HP from me. Is it just me, or has everyone else had that happen?

Last edited:

Pyreheart

Reputation score

You both need to get the RPG game maker RTP look in the RPG game maker thread for a link to the RTPs. I would suggest downloading and installing all of them since if you get any other RPG game maker games you will need the RTP for the version it was made in.
Didn't work. Still getting the same error. VX isn't working.

Edit in:
I love this game! It's amazing! I only encountered a slime, but i noticed a bug with it... i won the fight with the first slime, but it gave the ending pic for the slime (Boobjob) instead of the map. But I could still move. just couldn't see myself.
Presuming this means you got yours to work, somehow. What'd you do? :|

EDIT AGAIN:
Never mind. Didn't read far enough. D:

Last edited:
OP
Architect

Architect

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

I'll try to convert to .rar once I do the VER 0.5 release. :S

BigJohnny

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Great stuff, definitely better than most (if not all ) English WIP rpgmaker games. Especially thanks to writing, keep it up so it doesn't become next game with "lol i rape u now xd".

sahz

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

if no one minds it being .zip rather than .rar : , its easy to use after installing just right click the file you want to zip and select create zip :)

ace5903

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

BLASPHEMY! erhmmm I mean DAMNATION! I deleted the game along with saves after playing it... Does anyone have a save before the demo end?
PWEEASSEEEE
here is a save that i have hope i did it rite it would not let me do it as a rar so had to do as a zip

Attachments

OP
Architect

Architect

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

I'd like some feedback gaiz, if you have the time, answer a few questions for me.

1. Rating the game from 1 - 10 in difficulty, what score would you give?
2. What level were you when you fought Salyri?
3. Was Salyri too hard or too easy?

Reputation score

1. I'd give it about a 3, not too difficult but I didn't mind
2. I believe I was level 6 or 7.
3. It was about fair considering my level I believe. I also had upgraded equipment so no it was fair.

slpowerhouse

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

1. based on how I was playing I would give it about a 5
2. I was around level 3 when I fought her
3. based on my level she was too hard, if I had gotten a few more levels than even with the stating equipment I believe I could have won. Though could you make the posion status leave the characters I had both of them posioned at the start of the forest and they stayed that way till I reached the boss.

Luppikun

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I personally have suffered LAGness. prolly just me tho...

Eikim

Reputation score

1. id say 2, very easy fights so far
2. i was level 5
3. too easy, her hp pool is too small for her to really put up a fight, if you rushed for quick finish on her you could have beaten her before she drained life once.

On a different note... it bugged me a little just how often i encounted random npcs, if i actually had to cross a large distance it became a little tedious to constantly have to choose to run >_<

Very well done though! i love where this game is going!

Pakars

Lurker
Reputation score

I've played many an RPG in my time(You know, every day for nearly my entire 20-year life span)...

1. About a 2 or 3. Not very difficult so far.
2. I was level 4 when I met Salyri
3. She wasn't very difficult, because I was smart enough to get a bunch of antidotes early on, and I was pretty frugal with my potions(Level four is also the point where you survive 3 of her attacks in a row, giving you another round to pummel her). I would say the hardest thing is surviving to meet her with full health and a decent supply of recovery items if you want to fight every fight along the way.

A few things you should probably do:
#Give the player some antidotes with the potions you're given early.
#Give the player some gold to start with(100? 200? Something like that).
#Implement a step counter(RPGMaker makes it pretty easy to do that, iirc), and cause the milking/eggs/centaur to be based off that(Event reset every 200 steps or something similar). You could use this to balance early-game income and make it not so trivial to get obscenely rich without much effort.
#Balance - Change the Alarune's pollen attack to not cause AOE poison, it gets extremely expensive very quickly. One fight costs you 40G to cure the poison, and they only give 15 gold. Perhaps make them have a single-target poison attack, and an AOE damage attack with the -attack power debuff?
#Balance - Salyri's damage is currently tuned for a 4-6 level range or so. At level 3, you have too few health and have to put a person on full-time healing(Not a bad thing).
#Balance - Salyri needs more health(Or defense). She goes down far too quickly for a boss, imho. 4-5 turns and she's smoked, which I think is far too easy.
#Balance - Salyri's Life Drain attack should hit for 3XX, rather than 2XX(It is a special attack, after all. It should be more deadly than bitch slapping me). Increase its damage by 60-80 or so?
#Encounters - Encounter rate is too high. You fight an enemy virtually every half dozen steps, which gets rather tedious pretty quickly. Reduce the encounter rate.
#Encounters - Enemy experience is a bit too high for up to Salyri, or the EXP-TO-NEXT is too low. Easiest fix at this point would probably be to reduce the EXP of the slime to 6, and the Alarune to 12. You can grind to level 8 or so on the way to Salyri without much effort, and lay waste to her in 3 turns without healing at all.
#Encounters - Enemies don't hit hard enough. They should hit for 30-40ish so that you have to recover now and then(Slime attacks! You are dealt a pitiful, measly 6 points of damage. The slime is a total pansy. You point and laugh at it until it begins to cry). They're monster(girl)s, not wet noodles. :)

So far, it looks like I could beat everything including Salyri at Level 1, which isn't that bad, since it's about an hour long game at the moment.

The only part of the game that's lacking is that it's not very challenging.

Despite that, everything else is amazing! Excellent work, especially on the writing. I most certainly enjoy the fact that nearly every NPC has something different to say rather than canned phrases that you see over and over.

P.S. I've done beta testing for several games in my day and I have high standards(Mostly about gameplay). ^_^

Edit: I was looking on the MGU forum, and your 0.5 changelog just pwnt me. Many things I was suggesting were already on the list, haha. Many <3s

Last edited:

Sponge

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I think I found a bug, I can't move after sleeping at the inn..

And yes, I downloaded the latest one. (That I could find on this forum, because the megaupload forums are a huge mess)

Last edited:

Pakars

Lurker
Reputation score

I think I found a bug, I can't move after sleeping at the inn..
I haven't had that problem on V0.4. Just slept at the inn, and I can move around just fine.

Sponge

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Well I'm playing it right now, and some kid said

"Hey you, come here!" Then my guy faces the wall and just... stares at it and the game is stuck!

EDIT: I figured it out. I need to go to inn and check out the rooms before trying to sleep there, otherwise it freezes.

And yes, this game is WAY too damn easy. Seriously, I mean it's got the making of a good rpg, but if this is how all the battles are going to be? It's pretty much playing Final Fantasy 13. It's too easy and you can pretty much sit there pressing one button the whole game.

Last edited:
OP
Architect

Architect

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

The inn glitch has been fixed, and enemies are being made harder. Check out the MGU forums for progress!