What's new

ACT Patreon Active [Anon42] Crisis Point: Extinction

OP
Anon42

Anon42

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Re: Crisis Point: Extinction - Metroidvania H-game - NEW PUBLIC UPDATE! (Dec. 25th)

Well shit, I haven't posted here in a while, have I? Happy (late) New Years, everybody! Hope your 2015 is going as well as mine is so far.

Just wanted to let you know what's going on with the January update real quick. I didn't get a few things finished as soon as I wanted to, so I'm releasing a mid-month mini update to Patrons in a few days that contains most of the things I had to cut. However, since that extra content will already be done by the time the public release rolls around, I'm just going to release v.075 and skip v.07 entirely. This means you guys should all have a pretty nice amount of new content to look forward to once the 25th rolls around, so I hope you're excited for it! (The dialogue and such will all be the same as v.07, so don't worry about missing anything.)

In other news, there's only gonna be one visual update between now and the release. I didn't have too much to post about last month, since a lot of the work was behind-the-scenes stuff, or just plain uninteresting. January is my catch up month though, so things should sail nice and smooth from this point on.

OP
Anon42

Anon42

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Re: Crisis Point: Extinction - Metroidvania H-game - NEW PUBLIC UPDATE! (Dec. 25th)

I would explain what this is, but I think it's probably pretty obvious if you watch it for two seconds - which you probably did before reading this ;D

I may or may not have one more visual update to give you guys before the update comes, but it's only a week away now! It's a pretty damn good one if I do say so myself. I'm happy with it, and hopefully you all will be too.

Dyhart

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Ahh if I recall, there was no cum shot last time. Been a little while since I played. Great job! The game is coming along nicely. :D

MacDakka

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Her opening one eye afterwards, his dick getting limp, it is little details like this which keep your game put firmly on the 'Excellent!' side for me, not only in the 'Very great!' range. I have been following this thread since its beginning, and I still very much like what I am seeing. :)

Not to mention the cum itself as well as the existing animations and the design and feel of the rest of the game - oh, and the dialogue (in every new demo, I am looking forward to Test Guy at least as much as to the new sexy stuff :D)!
Constant and measurable progress, communication and discussion even with the non-paying plebs, high quality of the game itself - simply keep doing what you are doing, and how you are doing it, and ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner! :)

ShittyWizard

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

How exactly will you be able to purchase the game and what will be the price range? This might be the first one I'd pay for.

OP
Anon42

Anon42

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Her opening one eye afterwards, his dick getting limp, it is little details like this which keep your game put firmly on the 'Excellent!' side for me, not only in the 'Very great!' range. I have been following this thread since its beginning, and I still very much like what I am seeing. :)

Not to mention the cum itself as well as the existing animations and the design and feel of the rest of the game - oh, and the dialogue (in every new demo, I am looking forward to Test Guy at least as much as to the new sexy stuff :D)!
Constant and measurable progress, communication and discussion even with the non-paying plebs, high quality of the game itself - simply keep doing what you are doing, and how you are doing it, and ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner! :)
Hey, thanks a lot man! Getting comments like this always makes my day! It means a lot for people to appreciate all the little details I throw in there :) I'm glad you like it so much, and I'll be sure to keep doing what I'm doing!

@Dyhart - You'd be right, the cumshot was newly added in this coming update. Glad you like it :)

@ShittyWizard - Distribution is something I'm still thinking about. I'm almost certainly going to upload it to dlsite, but that version will have to be censored, so I'd like to upload it somewhere else as well. Either way, the price will be in the $10-15 range, depending on how much content I get in there. If you or anybody else have any suggestions for distribution methods, I'm all ears!

YummyTiger

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Always love a good titjob. I sat and stared at that animation for a good minute :D. Good job. I also commend you for the details, nice work.

Merster666

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Random question anon but does your patreon take the payments per release or is it monthly? Just wondering because I updated my payment info a week or 2 ago and still didnt manage to get in on the v 0.75 update.

Zodiark69

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Random question anon but does your patreon take the payments per release or is it monthly? Just wondering because I updated my payment info a week or 2 ago and still didnt manage to get in on the v 0.75 update.
I believe it's per Update.

OP
Anon42

Anon42

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Re: Crisis Point: Extinction - Metroidvania H-game - NEW PUBLIC UPDATE! (Jan. 25th)

Always love a good titjob. I sat and stared at that animation for a good minute :D. Good job. I also commend you for the details, nice work.
Amen to that! Titfucks are my #1. Thanks for the kind words!

@Merster666 - It's charged per month. I release an update consistently every single month, so essentially it is per update, but if I release another update (like v.075) in the middle of the month then that one is free. However, if you signed up in the middle of the month, you won't be able to get access to it - Patrons are only counted if they're pledging on the 1st of the month.

If you were there at the beginning of the month, there are a few things that might have gone wrong. Was your initial payment declined? Patreon gets a little funky when it comes to recharging cards. Sometimes they do, sometimes they stop charging cards after the first week or so of the month. If that's the case, I don't think there's much you can do - your best bet would be to find a way to temporarily cancel the donation so it doesn't make you pay double in February, and then wait for the public update on the 25th.

However, if your payment went through though, please send me a message on Patreon so I can sort things out ASAP! I'd feel terrible if I made someone wait after donating.

Last edited:

Merster666

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

If you were there at the beginning of the month, there are a few things that might have gone wrong. Was your initial payment declined?
Nah I know what happened with the payment and everything is sorted out just was curious. Thanks :)

OP
Anon42

Anon42

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Nah I know what happened with the payment and everything is sorted out just was curious. Thanks :)
Gotcha, glad to hear I didn't miss you or anything when donations went through! If you have any problems at the start of next month just shoot me a message and we'll get it sorted out asap.

OP
Anon42

Anon42

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

RELEASE TIME, BABY! (Sorry for the semi-late post, I've been otherwise engaged in sleeping all damn day)

UPDATE v.07 GOALS
-Finish rest of kick animation
-Implement first boss
-Actually re-code collision engine for real this time, seriously
-Improve dialogue box graphics
-Add Warped Soldier cumming animation
-Implement various environmental hazards
-Create more content (areas)

I am (mostly) proud to announce that (mostly) every feature (mostly) made it into v.075! I pushed back the Wire Shot upgrade, due to its reliance on environmental interaction, but everything else is fully intact! Yaaaay

UPDATE v.08 GOALS
-Implement Spread Shot upgrade
-Finish Wire Shot upgrade
-Add new enemy (Flies)
-Implement menu to disable objectionable content
-Add new environmental hazards
-Create more content (areas)

Here's the list of things I hope to accomplish for v.08. There will be two(!) new upgrades for Alicia to obtain (one of which will make slimes more fun to deal with), a new enemy type, and some other interesting stuff that I will not spoil for now. Overall, though, my main focus for v.08 is making new areas for Alicia to explore, as there quite simply can never be enough of that in an exploration-based game.

Hope you guys enjoy it!
-A42

Slam Sector

Sex Demon
Reputation score

That sure is a pleasantly weird meta-story you have going on with the protagonist and the test NPC.

Also, nice touch on the lingering effect of the closing text window.

OP
Anon42

Anon42

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

That sure is a pleasantly weird meta-story you have going on with the protagonist and the test NPC.

Also, nice touch on the lingering effect of the closing text window.
Thanks, man. He started off as a joke but I've been having a lot of fun writing him, I'll probably try to find some way and incorporate him into the game, even if the update conversations aren't canon :p

MrMe

Lurker
Reputation score

Maybe you could put him in secret rooms, all games need secret rooms

Slam Sector

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Maybe you could put him in secret rooms, all games need secret rooms
Bonus Objective: Find all of of Test NPC's ill-conceived alien gardens.

OP
Anon42

Anon42

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Bonus Objective: Find all of of Test NPC's ill-conceived alien gardens.
Well, time to hand the reigns of production over to you 'cause that idea is brilliant.

Nah but in all seriousness, there will definitely be secret rooms. I'm focusing on getting the main rooms and powerups implemented for now, though. Secrets will come in later.

Leinfors

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Maybe I missed it last version, but I really liked the glowing crystal hallway! Nice atmosphere. :)

OP
Anon42

Anon42

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Maybe I missed it last version, but I really liked the glowing crystal hallway! Nice atmosphere. :)
Thanks! The glowing crystals are gonna be a fun hazard that shows up more in the near future, too. Who's to say there won't be some enemies lurking around in the dark..?