What's new

An Innocent Quest - OOC Chat

Nullify

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Re: An Innocent Quest

I was thinking the same for vengeance, but at the same time, she is essentiallu spiting the god she serves, since it normally seems that luck gods let both good and bad go free, Erril doesn't like that too much, which kinda throws away Devotion, so I figured Vengeance may have been more apt, but it seems I may have been wrong.

Also, yeah, the fluffy thing is not a part of the description. Should've clarified

OP
Pervy

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I was thinking the same for vengeance, but at the same time, she is essentiallu spiting the god she serves, since it normally seems that luck gods let both good and bad go free, Erril doesn't like that too much, which kinda throws away Devotion, so I figured Vengeance may have been more apt, but it seems I may have been wrong.

Also, yeah, the fluffy thing is not a part of the description. Should've clarified
Her character motivation is not vengeance and by your description I'm not sure you follow the idea of a good aligned paladin, they would without a shadow of a doubt believe that luck favours those that do good in the end. If she has such strong feelings of negativity towards her own faith her vow would fail and she'd either convert her levels to fighter, or even fall from grace, depending on rp circumstances, not to say that that couldn't be interesting, I just want you to be clear, a paladin so weak in their faith is like a druid that doesn't like it outdoors.

Zilrax

Master of Kinky Fetishes. Or just Bitch if you pre
Reputation score

There's the Oathbreaker Paladin in the DMG?

Also in 5e you can't lose paladin powers. She just can't keep advancing as a paladin. Or Oathbreaker.

OP
Pervy

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

There's the Oathbreaker Paladin in the DMG?

Also in 5e you can't lose paladin powers. She just can't keep advancing as a paladin. Or Oathbreaker.
Yes Zilrax, I know.

Zilrax

Reputation score

Well I don't know what you do or don't know :p.

Anyways, you saw the racial relations thing I did?

Nullify

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Her character motivation is not vengeance and by your description I'm not sure you follow the idea of a good aligned paladin, they would without a shadow of a doubt believe that luck favours those that do good in the end. If she has such strong feelings of negativity towards her own faith her vow would fail and she'd either convert her levels to fighter, or even fall from grace, depending on rp circumstances, not to say that that couldn't be interesting, I just want you to be clear, a paladin so weak in their faith is like a druid that doesn't like it outdoors.
Alright then, if so, then I'll make necessary changes, be it through the backstory, character plans, or both, it'll be done, more than likely by the end of today.

OP
Pervy

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Well I don't know what you do or don't know :p.

Anyways, you saw the racial relations thing I did?
Which lore source says elves have fey blood?

Zilrax

Reputation score

It's part of their Race features. Fey Ancestry.

Last edited:

DaBomb

Cthulhu
Reputation score

I was under the assumption that Elves are to Fey, as humans are to apes.

Ranger9000

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

How bout the currently attached images to Alice's character sheet now Pervy? Either of those work?

OP
Pervy

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

It's part of their Race features. Fey Ancestry.
Oh yes, one of the lore aspects from 5.0 that still carries the stain of the fourth, I must have repressed that one as it goes contrarian to great wheel creator deity cosmology. I'll have to ponder this.

I was under the assumption that Elves are to Fey, as humans are to apes.
Aand this is why I don't like the whole idea. First of all it creates misunderstandings. More importantly, it normalizes the conception that fairy blood makes you frail and pretty and that in itself does the chaotic bunch injustice.

Corruptivespirit

Sex Demon
Reputation score

It's a wonderful thing to come back to an approved character on your first try. Love the image. I'm not super attached to her so I'm eager to see how much I can change and break my new toy with the challenges you put in front of us!

OP
Pervy

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

How bout the currently attached images to Alice's character sheet now Pervy? Either of those work?
Ok, so, next thing, while CG monks are now a thing, how do you combine laid back and lazy with the discipline needed to train your body as a monk does, at least a certain amount of that needs to be in the character concept for me, as training yourself hard is kind of part of what the class gives you.

What else.. oh yes, I'm hesitant about the lucky feat because of the online forum post format.

Ranger9000

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Well, I probably should have woreded that a bit differently. She still does train, usually in the mornings or at night, but generally between that she's generally more in favour of laying back. Afterall, she still moves between cities and the like afterall and is usually travelling. Not all monks are super serious bastards afterall. Half amazed there wasn't a drunken fist monk in the corebook honestly. She's much more a 'take life as it comes' idea monk then a like 'I MUST PURGE THE WORLD OF SIN' kind.

If you really want me to make her super serious and whatever I guess I could. Would kinda need to redo the character a fair bit though. As for lucky, I can change to another feat. I just like Lucky. Edit: Switched to Mobile

Last edited:
OP
Pervy

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Lucky is neat, but the problem is just you can't use it proper with this post based campaign system.

She doesn't have to be serious, monks aren't paladins, but let me tell you about the Drunken Master style..
It takes a lot of work, if you want to be more than a simple bar brawler.

Ranger9000

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Okay well, changed it to mobile. As for her backstory, is it fine now? She's super duper serious when she doing her training for the day. Mostly serious when she's on a mission, and her more carefree self when she's done both those for the day.

OP
Pervy

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Okay well, changed it to mobile. As for her backstory, is it fine now? She's super duper serious when she doing her training for the day. Mostly serious when she's on a mission, and her more carefree self when she's done both those for the day.
Alright, all good, approved.

Incidentially, we should have enough people ready, or almost ready.. reminds me:

Zilrax: Approved but lets keep hushed about the fey blood in elves thing for now.. you can have it for your folks, I'm just trying to sort out my pantheon in my head.. unlikely to come up but eh.

Everyone:

Ic thread is up, feel free to get your character introduced, as either part of the defence force or someone that just arrived, hearing of the village struggling with goblins but coming late, or simply ending up joining on the raid on accident.

Zilrax

Reputation score

Okay.

And yeah, knowing details woulda helped me fit it better but I can rewrite elves or something later. Or you can. S'all good to me.

OP
Pervy

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Okay.

And yeah, knowing details woulda helped me fit it better but I can rewrite elves or something later. Or you can. S'all good to me.
I plan to slowly let the story unfold, including ingame lore. Its not something any elf is going around chatting about anyway.

Zilrax

Reputation score
Re: An Innocent Quest - OOC Chat

That's fine. Though I'd hope the characters know somethings about their world. Well, either way. Gotta go punch some deep ones.