What's new

RPG [Amatsuchiya] サキクエ / Saki Quest (RJ088540)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RyuuseiDate

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Saki Quest (Out now!!!!)

The book IS, unless my memory fails me, the item you get from the hidden boss. It should be on one of her bookshelves after you beat her.

As for not being able to rescue the blonde, I'm pretty sure that's because of one of this authors continuing themes with his games: No game overs and you can never miss content. If you could rescue her, you wouldn't be able to see her h-scenes anymore (including the ones where you lose to the guards while trying to escape) and there would be nobody to fight in the arena for Saki's defeat scenes there either.

Though I admit it does feel like a dangling plot thread.. you'd think you could at least rescue her after collecting all her scenes. .-.

Last edited:

Dimly Lit Hamster

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Though I admit it does feel like a dangling plot thread.. you'd think you could at least rescue her after collecting all her scenes. .-.
Who knows maybe he'll actually do a sequel for once and it's a plot point :p (though I doubt he will)

Also, Monkeyman, I downloaded your save file that noticed that you have a red book that gives you the lust status. Where did you buy/find it? thx
Sorry , didn't see this! Yeah it's the item from beating the secret boss, it's meant to raise your H-value or something but to be honest, it's soo late game it's useless (though it's a nice touch)

Dyzardine

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

excuse me... i'm coming out from lurking to ask something...
can someone give me font for this saki quest game ?? it seems i'm missing some font.. so my text won't appear..
sorry for my bad english and thx :D

Dimly Lit Hamster

Tentacle God
Reputation score

excuse me... i'm coming out from lurking to ask something...
can someone give me font for this saki quest game ?? it seems i'm missing some font.. so my text won't appear..
sorry for my bad english and thx :D
Welcome to the forums :p Weird, you should have the font already installed if you have the RTP from rpgmaker installed as Saki doesn't come with a font

Dyzardine

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Welcome to the forums :p Weird, you should have the font already installed if you have the RTP from rpgmaker installed as Saki doesn't come with a font
hmm... what do you think i should do... any advice ?? i never have this kind of problem... i tried search google for Rpg maker japanese font.. i tried reinstall my RTP, still no result...

Dimly Lit Hamster

Tentacle God
Reputation score

hmm... what do you think i should do... any advice ?? i never have this kind of problem... i tried search google for Rpg maker japanese font.. i tried reinstall my RTP, still no result...
Ok, well do you have your computer set to Japanese Locale?

Have other RPGMaker games worked before?

Dyzardine

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Ok, well do you have your computer set to Japanese Locale?

Have other RPGMaker games worked before?
Yep, i've played many RPGMaker before... but it never happened like this before.. well right now i'm trying to download japanese font pack who know it might work lol :D

Dimly Lit Hamster

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Yep, i've played many RPGMaker before... but it never happened like this before.. well right now i'm trying to download japanese font pack who know it might work lol :D
It's possible it will, I've never had a font problem with Saki and there dooesn't seem to be one included with it, but it's very possible that I have the Japanese font pack installed and that might be why I've had no trouble. Let me know how it goes just in case anyone else runs into the same issue

Dyzardine

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

It's possible it will, I've never had a font problem with Saki and there dooesn't seem to be one included with it, but it's very possible that I have the Japanese font pack installed and that might be why I've had no trouble. Let me know how it goes just in case anyone else runs into the same issue
i've been downloading several fonts and still no text.. is there any way i can detect what kind of font used by this game ?? sigh.. i'm depressed

Dimly Lit Hamster

Tentacle God
Reputation score

i've been downloading several fonts and still no text.. is there any way i can detect what kind of font used by this game ?? sigh.. i'm depressed
Wait sorry, do you mean that the actual game doesn't show any font or that a translation application doesn't show any font?

And yeah, hang on I'll see what I can do, gotta root out my copy of Saki.

Ok the game files DEFINITELY don't contain a font but Chiitrans mentions 2 fonts when translating. "UmePlus Gothic" "MS ゴシック Courier New" But gothic is fairly common so I'd be surprised if you didn't have it, either way, try those

Last edited:

Dyzardine

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Wait sorry, do you mean that the actual game doesn't show any font or that a translation application doesn't show any font?

And yeah, hang on I'll see what I can do, gotta root out my copy of Saki
my game doesn't display any text.. just a blank text box still trying to figure out the problem here... googling"..... thx for the help by the way... =D
ah.. forgot to tell you that my saki quest version is 2.04, guess i'll try download the older version

Dimly Lit Hamster

Tentacle God
Reputation score

my game doesn't display any text.. just a blank text box still trying to figure out the problem here... googling"..... thx for the help by the way... =D
ah.. forgot to tell you that my saki quest version is 2.04, guess i'll try download the older version
The older version probably won't help, like I said in my last post maybe those 2 fonts will help

Dyzardine

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

The older version probably won't help, like I said in my last post maybe those 2 fonts will help
i make a progress i guess.. from blank box of text to box full of square.. every word in the box become square... :(

Dyzardine

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Ok, that actually IS progress. Do you use AppLocale by any chance?
no.. i set my unicode to japanese..
ahh i found something at google.. someone has same problem as me.. and the other guy told him " You can edit the letters in the Window_NameInput script. " and the problem solved.. umm.. but i don't have any clue how to edit script..

Last edited:

Dyzardine

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Ohh, hmmmmm that IS odd then. It might sound odd, but are you sure you have the Japanese version of the RPGMaker VX Ace
well i download all my RPGmaker from this web... i wonder... are the RPGmaker version related to this ?? because i think.. i already download my RPGmaker for ages and haven't checked for any update version...

Dimly Lit Hamster

Tentacle God
Reputation score

well i download all my RPGmaker from this web... i wonder... are the RPGmaker version related to this ?? because i think.. i already download my RPGmaker for ages and haven't checked for any update version...
Yeah they usually are.

Try downloading VX Ace from here at the bottom of the page

Status
Not open for further replies.