What's new

RPG [Alicesoft] Beat Blade Haruka ( Official English Release)

prima99

Sex Demon
Reputation score
Re: Beat Blade Haruka (Alicesoft - Official English Release)

Pretty happy to see Alicesoft stuff coming over though I was a little distracted by another title announcement. Makes me wonder how many half translated titles from translators end up approaching companies like MG to go the rest of the way. After that how do they somehow approach a developer and go "well we've already been translating your product for a while now how about we go officially all the way. I've omitted which one I mean intentionally.
Quite a few official translators now started out on fan translators but theirs obviously a few Japanese companies that get bothered by fan translation works in the first place.
Pretty certain and above comment is in regards to MG absorbing Translators which is pretty interesting to see when I hear other similar companies fuss that they don't want more competition in the overall amount.
Mangagaymer didn't have the initiative to make Alicesoft sells Haruka. it was the effort of the guy/guys from Rance Translation, and it's a long, looooong process. hell, i doubt MG even had any plan to translate any Alicesoft games in the first place.

i really don't mind if the guys from Rance Translation/Arunaru joined MG IF they're prioritizing the yearly progress translation of Rance games first than Haruka. these are the progress of the NEARLY translated Rance games :

Rance 5D - 85%
Rance Quest - 35%
Rance VI - 88%

i have been following the progress of the Translation progress since the PC 98 Rance 1. now it's all stopped, all of them. now you see how disappointed i am. you won't see them in the next 3 or 5 years, just how like MG decided to release Cartagra now, when it HAS BEEN TRANSLATED SINCE 2008. god knows when Kara no Shoujo 2 ever going to be released. i hate to think how MG likes to fuck up things.

Last edited:

Raaage

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Really nice to hear. I really enjoyed playing this game and it was kind of a bummer that there were no translations.

Also...

would you guys really be so hyped about this? not knowing that it's because of this that Rance 6 now will never see the light?

look at there. he had to STOP the 88% of Rance 6 progress for this. disappointing, mainly because i'm hoping to play Rance 6 this July.

also why would you need to translate a game that isn't worth anything than the H CGs? i'd pick Rance 6 over Haruka for the sheer lolworthy and ridiculousness of it.
Because I like Haruka and I don't care about Rance. Not to be confrontational but in the first place this is a Haruka thread not a Rance thread. You go in here and tell us not to be happy about a game we like getting a translation and you say "gtfo" to someone who doesn't care about Rance in a Haruka thread. What?

Last edited:

cybeast

Lurker
Reputation score

To be honest, not to shot down any Rance fans, but I don't care for Rance and I really like Haruka (Narika, to be exact), so of course I'm happy and hyped to see this :D

chronoex

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

To be honest, not to shot down any Rance fans, but I don't care for Rance and I really like Haruka (Narika, to be exact), so of course I'm happy and hyped to see this :D
Gotta love Onigirikun's art and all the artist's flat-chested clones (Phil Ehart, Narika, Liliam...)

cybeast

Lurker
Reputation score

Gotta love Onigirikun's art and all the artist's flat-chested clones (Phil Ehart, Narika, Liliam...)
I know right, I love his art and how he drew their expression :D

OP
E

erobotan

too bad that the cutest megane girl drawn by Onigiri-kun is the enemy in this Haruka game ... . T__T

and i also love how she sit on top of that triangle shaped weapon

lazydude

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Even if it's mangagamer quality this is still pretty nice.
that's still better quality then Wordsworth got :p

make it 50 years. as Mangagamer absorbing more translator, you'll expect to get Softhouse-Seal stuff than anything else from Mangagamer. or basically any bad Nukige. they're prioritizing Nukige over anything else. this collab with Alicesoft is just one thing, if not, one time.
still waiting for Shin Koihime†Musou

OP
E

erobotan

according to an interview with mangagamer that i read in the past. Publishing a big game is risky, if you fail to meet your target sales then that means heavy financial damage. Releasing nukige is a safer choice since it gives a steady income probably because of cheaper price and the lack of story (A terrible story can destroy sales, a nukige with no plot will do much better)

dragoon93041

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Sweet! I always like Alicesoft games because they have nice game mechanics. And they are actually challenging!

I... I might actually buy this.

...Wow, I can't believe I just said that.

Spiere

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Was this ever finished? Going back and looking at this thread makes it hard to tell what happened to the finished product.

Thanks!

Kirshz

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Was this ever finished? Going back and looking at this thread makes it hard to tell what happened to the finished product.

Thanks!
According to Mangagamer's project status at their blog, it seems like it's complete.

Beat Blades Haruka
Translation: 100%
Editing: 100%
Interface localization complete.
It's just a matter of waiting for Mangagamer to eventually announce it's release date when it's ready for sale.

I can't wait.

Jikorde

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

The game is up for preorder, release date is February 23, and until then you get 10% off so the game costs $31.45. Afterwards will be $35, and honestly that is less then I expected and is a good deal based on the shear volume of h the game supposedly has.
It will have no drm, and is completely uncensored.

Preoreder post for plot summary and link to purchase page:

bigtotoro

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Hmmm, seriously considering buying this just to support translation of Rance games....

Darkstrain

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Hmmm, seriously considering buying this just to support translation of Rance games....
i think it would take less to learn japanese, than to wait 2 years for the rance quest TL, and then 2 years for rance IX...

tried to put it as a joke, but it made me sad :(

bigtotoro

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

i think it would take less to learn japanese, than to wait 2 years for the rance quest TL, and then 2 years for rance IX...

tried to put it as a joke, but it made me sad :(
*SMACK* "You will learn japanese and also wait for me for a gazillion years while wearing only an apron!"

"RANCE-SAMAAaaa" ╥﹏╥

Fortunately, I just found out about Rance games recently so I didn't wait for anything myself :D

pino

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

So, will the english version be uncensored?

asaness

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Yes it will be uncensored

Tenchi757

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Awesome. Very tempted to preorder so I can support these translations and enjoy the game again in English. Uncensored is a bonus.

Kirshz

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Release date was pushed to the 29th due to an issue with the payment processor, a little disappointing but that's still just next week, not too far away.