What's new

Omnikuken

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Akabur Games

There's only 1 ending in Princess Trainer, all you can change is the "secret" after credits scene if you completed the 13 quests before the parade.
(nice name btw :p)

KHTA

Tentacle God
Reputation score

There's only 1 ending in Princess Trainer, all you can change is the "secret" after credits scene if you completed the 13 quests before the parade.
Games like this, one of the biggest draws to it are multiple endings. Seeing how training in different ways can produce different results. Oh well, they are still fun Princess and Hermione.

SquallPT

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I was cleaning the stuff on my computer that i use for research, and i stumble upon Magic Shop, and play it again. Awesome game, does Akabur is going to grab this in the future and add more scenes ? that would be so cool :)

OP
T

TTOG

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I was cleaning the stuff on my computer that i use for research, and i stumble upon Magic Shop, and play it again. Awesome game, does Akabur is going to grab this in the future and add more scenes ? that would be so cool :)
Future Projekts:

1. Princess Trainer Gold
2. Magic Shop Addon
3. (Not confirmed) Witch Trainer Gold
4. (Not confirmed) Jakxxx
But he can can change this anytime.

Renzonokuken

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Yes, I got the "secret" since I completed all the 13 quests. But again, can't post the screenshot due to '15' minimal posts.

Anyway, Akabur made a great game, he IS deserved to be fully supported !. It's been quite long time ago I see a gorgeous and nicely designed classic point click adventure games.

loopy

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Princess Trainer is pretty good, yeah. And he made it for the relative peanuts he was getting from Hentai United signups.

The reason most people are rethinking their support is that when he's getting $7,000+ per month, he puts out Witch Trainer. If we're comparing these things to construction, on PT he threw up four mostly finished walls, a roof that will work but won't last more than a few years, and then skimped out on some of the non-structural stuff. All while working on a contingency basis. With WT he set a cornerstone, laid down a few courses of masonry, and then decided to spend the rest of the time polishing the hell out of what he'd already done.

That, and it's sort of mystery what he does with the money. Most of the other game-creator Patreon campaigns that I've looked at have multiple people involved in sort of an imitation of a "studio". So you know it's not just one person getting an obscene amount. Or they're like the woman who does the Legend of Queen Opala stuff, where it's fairly well established that she works alone, but she commissions content, voice actors, and so forth. She's openly stated on her Patreon that $1,200 is what she'll draw as a salary, and the rest is the budget for game content. Akabur refuses to admit he needs help with the things he's not good at (coding), and as far as anyone knows Dahr is the only other artist involved, but only semi-officially. Akabur may or may not be throwing a few bucks his way for the artwork provided.

I love his art, but there wasn't enough of it in WT to justify the support I gave him. If the next release is a similar situation, and continues to include all the, "I would have finished these features if people weren't rushing me, but I don't have to listen if you don't like it because what others say doesn't matter", contradictory justifications, I'll probably just change over to downloading his games for free. Based on WT, he's mostly getting a six-figure salary to write bad code, and I wouldn't hire him for that as an unpaid intern.

Omnikuken

Tentacle God
Reputation score

^ Not the same dude making them ..... Dunno anything on it except the 3-4 sketches floating around the thread.

OP
T

TTOG

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

lol when they will release the korra trainer ?
They wrote something like: December 2015
Well, it really depends how many work on this project and if these guys finish it. Lets wait and hope. I will monitor the thread and post news here or on the front page of this threat.

Last edited:

AExMachina

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

The reason most people are rethinking their support is that when he's getting $7,000+ per month, he puts out Witch Trainer. [..]

That, and it's sort of mystery what he does with the money. Most of the other game-creator Patreon campaigns that I've looked at have multiple people involved in sort of an imitation of a "studio". So you know it's not just one person getting an obscene amount. Or they're like the woman who does the Legend of Queen Opala stuff, where it's fairly well established that she works alone, but she commissions content, voice actors, and so forth. She's openly stated on her Patreon that $1,200 is what she'll draw as a salary, and the rest is the budget for game content. Akabur refuses to admit he needs help with the things he's not good at (coding), and as far as anyone knows Dahr is the only other artist involved, but only semi-officially. Akabur may or may not be throwing a few bucks his way for the artwork provided.
(I'm talking about the general you here, not anybody in particular.)

The thing is, it isn't one guy giving him 7000 USD - it's a few thousand people each giving him some cash per month. If it was just one guy then yeah, he could demand a justification where all the money goes. But as it is, it's kinda illogical that people giving 5 bucks or 10 or whatever all start with "as you are getting this much, we demand better results!" - if you are giving 5 bucks, you don't get to tell Akabur what the other people giving the rest of the 7000 think. You can quit giving your money if you want, sure. Nobody selected you as the president of the Akabur's patrons though. If all few thousand of his fans decide the game was crap, it'll show in the numbers. If it is just freeloaders yelling because they didn't get what they wanted, well, he'll keep on doing whatever he does.

Just for the record I didn't 100% love the new game but I enjoyed it. I'm not trying to be some sort of Akabur's white knight here. It just feels that half the time it is envy ("he gets that much money doing nothing much!") and a sense of entitlement speaking when people criticize him.

Maybe if there were more good English H-game developers it wouldn't be this big a deal.

AceofWind

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Pretty good game, now we just have to wait for that film that Emma Watson's going to appear topless in to come out. :D

YummyTiger

Tentacle God
Reputation score

(I'm talking about the general you here, not anybody in particular.)

The thing is, it isn't one guy giving him 7000 USD - it's a few thousand people each giving him some cash per month. If it was just one guy then yeah, he could demand a justification where all the money goes. But as it is, it's kinda illogical that people giving 5 bucks or 10 or whatever all start with "as you are getting this much, we demand better results!" - if you are giving 5 bucks, you don't get to tell Akabur what the other people giving the rest of the 7000 think. You can quit giving your money if you want, sure. Nobody selected you as the president of the Akabur's patrons though. If all few thousand of his fans decide the game was crap, it'll show in the numbers. If it is just freeloaders yelling because they didn't get what they wanted, well, he'll keep on doing whatever he does.

Just for the record I didn't 100% love the new game but I enjoyed it. I'm not trying to be some sort of Akabur's white knight here. It just feels that half the time it is envy ("he gets that much money doing nothing much!") and a sense of entitlement speaking when people criticize him.

Maybe if there were more good English H-game developers it wouldn't be this big a deal.
Very valid point. I enjoyed the game, and have somewhat defended it in this thread, but I think it was less than it should have been. Making $8k a month, I would assume the person is working on these games full time. Given the time spent on Witch Trainer, I don't know if that was the case, maybe it was. It DOES take a long time to develop a plot, write good dialogue and input a game into any system. I just think it could have been so much more.

"Maybe if there were more good English H-game developers it wouldn't be this big a deal."

This is an extremely good point. Really, people flock to Akabur because he is one of the few developers who are actually producing English products. As people see the money he is creating, the market may get more competitive. That should be a good thing, assuming people still actually pay for these products. The selfish part of me just wants MORE damn English H games! :D

andreibvb

Banned
Reputation score

omfg is good to be back on the old account. Thank you for the answers ^ _ ^

YummyTiger

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Well just go ahead and make 1 ............. OH SNAP :D
Haha, let me rephrase. The selfish part of me wants more English H games that I am not creating :D

Not quite as much fun playing through my own game. It's almost as if I know exactly what is going to happen ;)

loopy

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

See that's what I'm saying. I may withdraw my support because I don't want to continue giving it. I don't think he's subject to performance review, and automatically has to address things people see as deficient, but I'm also not going to continue to support someone who appears to be putting forth less effort than I'd like, and who is producing less with more time and income.

I don't expect a full accounting of where the money goes. It's just that he constantly shares videos and so forth complaining about how hard this stuff is, and how overwhelmed it makes him. If he announced next week that he found someone competent and willing to do the code for him for some undisclosed amount per month, I would see that as hopeful sign. He could focus on the art and writing and designing the game he wants. Hell, he could announce he's taking a Python course at the local community college, and that would be a good sign. If the future is just the status quo, in terms of division of labor and output, I'm going to assume all the money he doesn't use for equipment and living expenses is just being socked away to pay for that Canadian art school he wants to attend. I feel like I've paid enough into that pot for now.

One thing I will do is point all of that out to others, especially people who come across PT and think that's representative of all his output. PT has a bunch of cut stuff, and could be better, like anything, but overall it's pretty damn good. Every game he did before that is either an unfinished beta or a half-realized concept. Factor in Witch Trainer and his response to even constructive criticism on it, and I'm not sure his track record is actually that great. To be honest, I think what got me most was all the "here's something I half-tried to do, but cut because people were rushing me" messages he put in the game. I've just been giving him money, and I kept my mouth shut before two weeks or so ago, after WT released. I would have continued to wait quietly too, but apparently the one type of feedback he takes to heart is complaints about the wait.

For what it's worth, PT Gold will probably be pretty good, if only because the foundation is there. However, that's assuming he doesn't go nuts. The way he codes will allow a person to make a mess pretty quickly, so if he has some plan for sweeping changes, or new features that require heavy integration, he may find himself hampered early on.

chanep3000

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

about bitch trainer. how do i install?...that sound real weird when i say it.

Omnikuken

Tentacle God
Reputation score

^ I think he miss-linked the wrong file, this seems like only an update ...... Otherwise you simply unzip and start the .exe

sou93mondal

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

how do i open the config.py?? editwithidle? also how to open 00console.rpy? (which software should i use?) . I am complete noob in these cases. Would someone please help me out :(

OP
T

TTOG

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

about bitch trainer. how do i install?...that sound real weird when i say it.
Sorry, I updated the front page. You first need to download this:

After the download just overwrite the files with this download: