What's new

RPG [Ahriman] 風紀剣士アサギ/ Defender of Public Morals: Swordswoman Asagi (RJ149951)

bigtotoro

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Re: Defender of Public Morals: Swordswoman Asagi (Ahriman) 風紀剣士アサギ

Don't be modest, your approach worked great so far, much better than "well, it's better than nothing". :) Nothing in the translated chapters struck me as weird dialogue so far.

Sporadicus

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I'll come out of the dark to explain a little about my processes with the previous translations I did for this. I think TNT and I work with similar methods.

I use Google translate combined with combing many websites when I'm translating. To me it's a combination of artistic and logical work because you are trying to translate as well as take into context what the author is writing. This deals with choosing the right words or word combination since some are Japanese-only phrases.

Meat Toilet, a direct Japanese-to-English translation, is a good example, where we have to figure what the closest English (for some British, Australian, OR American depending on which dialect you are translating) equivalent. I think that we've all agreed that "Meat Toilet" is closest translated into American English as "cum bucket."

This is most definitely the same thing that manga and anime translators have to do too. But unlike us, the big companies probably have a consultant who tries to explain the dialects and the way a character acts in the japanese language.

Another good example (to me) of character dialect would be Whip. She is a refined person who is obviously Blade's guardian, but also has an unhealthy infatuation with Blade as well. < I > chose to use "Milady" over "Princess" because I haven't heard anything about Blade having a royal background. Granted, I also haven't read the dialogue that TNT has translated so far.

I. . . should do that.

Harleyquin13

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Anything I've contributed to date for the homebrew version is what I read on screen, translate in my head and present to the main team as my own interpretation. To date I've had one person proof-read what I give out, even then not on a regular basis.

What the rest of the team do with my contributions is not something I interfere with directly.

Hinotori

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Oh my goodness is this annoying to see in translated doujins.
TO be fair. It's the correct translation literally and contextually sometimes.
You know the whole fetish of having the girl tied to a certain location, typically a washroom, being used as a literal flesh toilet/onahole.

Not to mention, in act 3, there are those flesh toilet slave girls near the castle.

iamnuff

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Cum bucket sounds even worse.

I'm pretty sure it was agreed that the english equivalent would be "Cum dumpster"

plmnko

Tentacle Smut Lord
Reputation score

Looks like there is a few news in his page, mostly a twitter and a pair of images. Im not sure what he said about the new events.

john2410

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I recently used the guide and installed the latest translation. But right at the beginning fight, where you first control your character. I always get some kind of long worded error and the game crashes. Does anyone else have this problem?

TNT90

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Did you install the graphics folder? There are pictures that had the japanese symbols for resistance in the name. When I changed that to Rst for the MP bar it errors since it couldn't find pictures with Rst instead of the japanese so I had to change the names of those pictures. Probably butchered that explanation.

TLDR: Install the graphics folder, problem should go away.

john2410

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Thank you, I'll try that in just a bit and let you know. Thank you again for all your work on the translations!

"edit" I tried dropping the folder in, that cleared it right up. Thank you!

Last edited:

lazycat

Lurker
Reputation score

Looks like there is a few news in his page, mostly a twitter and a pair of images. Im not sure what he said about the new events.

I think the 2 images is talking about his next game.

Which will feature Miya and Shirabe from the Kunoichi game ' 'a

nanaya1234

Lurker
Reputation score

Awww yisssssss

Welkin

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

I hope Ahriman will build on the success of this game. His previous works all have different style... but considering he is using RPG maker again, things are looking good.

john2410

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I'm wondering if I did something wrong or it's a bug. I cleared the first room of enemies. Met the merchant all that good stuff. Then tried to go on to rescue the first party member. Whip stops me and says there are still guys back behind and we should clear them out first. Well there are no enemies left. And she keeps stopping me from going forward. Is it a bug or have I missed something?

TNT90

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

I'm wondering if I did something wrong or it's a bug. I cleared the first room of enemies. Met the merchant all that good stuff. Then tried to go on to rescue the first party member. Whip stops me and says there are still guys back behind and we should clear them out first. Well there are no enemies left. And she keeps stopping me from going forward. Is it a bug or have I missed something?
Did you talk to the blue haired girl in the jail cell to the right of the merchant?

john2410

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I went back and checked. No I hadn't talked to her yet. Thank you for the tip! I'm sure I'll get lost again in the future, stay tuned for my next "I'm stuck" lol

Welkin

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Did you die and warped to the merchant, or did you run the gauntlet successfully?

john2410

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Did you die and warped to the merchant, or did you run the gauntlet successfully?
I ran it successfully. I just didn't talk to the blue haired girl. Didn't know I had to.

krisslanza

Lurker
Reputation score

I ran it successfully. I just didn't talk to the blue haired girl. Didn't know I had to.
RPG 101: Talk to all the NPCs!

OP
Donny

Donny

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Hey Donny, you still working on the Sadist boss end scenes? Which one you working on? I can work towards the other. Just went through the victory scene, that is a lot of text left to go. Though it is down a few line spacing issues at least. I'm hesitant to continue onto act 3 without getting these two scenes completed.
Been really busy lately, my apologies. I've been working on Ahriman's birthday present comic thing which is basically a continuation of events after Blade is sold in the Sadist bad ending. I completely got carried away with that, Phantom Pain, school and work. I've gotten a much better work schedule that allows for more free time during the week. I'd be happy to help with any bad ending segments you already haven't done.