What's new

Aegis Thousand Year War - DMM Online Game

Petite Soeur

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Aegis Thousand Year War - DMM Online Game

@exkale:
Nowadays, you don't need a god team to trivialise this game. The revamped shop buffs eliminated the difficulty to the point that if you spent 50 crystals a month for 16 months rolling summoning to have an inkling of such a 'god' team, that would be 800 crystals wasted for 50%~ silver units. Now, for 5 days, you can decrease the enemies' attack by 30%, and if you purchased this every day with 800 crystals, you would have it for around 1333 days. Of course, you don't need the buff on all of the time, so you can stretch it out far longer, and purchase the other buffs for the maps that -30% to enemy attack doesn't help with (i.e. +5 Cost and +30% ranged attack for 4 crystals to deal with Great Magical War, or any event map with strong flying units you can't block).

Someone on Himeuta was having difficulty trying to get 3-stars on Ricola's star trial event, and foolishly felt compelled to roll premium, thinking it would give some killer unit to ace the event or make up for Ricola not being mincost or skill max. As the game's way of pouring salt on an open wound, it gave a silver unit. I told this person they probably should've spent 3 crystals on the -30% enemy attack buff instead, and this person and another person who could hardly 1-star the extreme-tier map immediately 3-star aced the entire event after purchasing said buff.

Even the frightening mithril golem becomes a joke; it hits far less than an iron golem, but only a little more than a stone golem. Stone golems still hit hard, but any easily available awakened high HP unit like Berenice, Abel, Lucille, Imelia and so on can handle such things. The Evil Goddess Aegis is thrice as terrifying as any yandere or titty monster Curse User.

The only thing I'm curious about is if it's necessary to spend points to purchase the crystals to achieve this if you play like Tieskey, who doesn't spend any money at all and has to consider his crystal usage more conservatively, which is why I wish he would share his progress and results more often.

EDIT:

Upcoming Spoilers:
-Emergency Mission "Death Dragon and the Vengeful Magic Priest" (死竜と復讐の魔導司祭) Begins.

Anna: "While it's uncertain, there's also those who testify that they 'saw a shadow-like human thing fighting with the monsters'. This is not the time to take it easy! Let's prepare for departure to take back the 'townspeople's souls'!"

Sounds like an item trial with a zombie dragon, unless the black dragon, or some new dragon, is making an appearance.

Last edited:

exkale

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Since it doesn't seem like it's frowned upon to suggest those buffs to a new player, then they can probably just spend up to 6 SC per month if they feel it is necessary for them to have that buff. The buff factor is one of the most overlooked part of the game for me since I never found it necessary. I've never even considered suggesting it as well.

For a star trial event, if they are pretty close to getting the necessary stars for a certain milestone, then it should be worth it. Assuming they are missing the last cost reduction, then going -2 on SC after getting the 3-star is not bad considering that it can possibly take more SC to get the final CR in the future.

On a different subject: Have you made any progress on the translation of the dialogues for the second phase Magic City story missions? I've been curious about them for a few days now and I was wondering when you'll update your post with them.

TieSKey

Tentacle God
Reputation score

The only thing I'm curious about is if it's necessary to spend points to purchase the crystals to achieve this if you play like Tieskey, who doesn't spend any money at all and has to consider his crystal usage more conservatively, which is why I wish he would share his progress and results more often.
Hehe, I can discuss some topic for a week but hardly come to post any achievement. Probably result of an over-negative feedback and social isolation during my early years. Or that's what a Freudian psychologist would say at least, everything comes from a childhood trauma entwined with sexual desire....

Jokes aside.
Currently at 120 crystals. Star events are hardly a challenge if I use videos for the last map and I don't use crystals on farm ones (natural regen usually equals -4/5 or better). Subjugations can be tricky, the only one I couldn't complete was the youkai one (refused to lvl Nagi).
Story missions are a challenge but I don't really care about them, no reason to rush anything. Currently missing last of the east saga and all the new ones (haven't even tried). Fairy god-tier is hard but manageable. My next challenge will be to finally clear great magic war although there's no reward, just for the sake of doing it.

If u maintain a perfect schedule for at least 9 months, there would be little u won't be able to clear. BUT, as a free player u can't raise all units, my best guess should be around 60-70% which is quite a lot (understanding "raising" as aw lvl 50).

Altrius

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Btw how was the new map unit exp / chr ?
Judging from the wiki it should be the best map to farm for lving unit.
I wonder if its worth it to spend 3 SC for -30% dmg reduction just to be able to clear that map (so can tank golem).

It sound cheaty, but if it allowed you to be able to instant clear it again and again in future it sound worth it to me

BlueSteel

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

On the contrary, if it's gold rarity, than their AW skill is considered useful regardless of situation. It's like a free cost down, allows them to be just +1 compared to silver.
They make great afk units cost wise and performance wise. And farming is all about afk earlier than the next person. (Aisha is evil farmer)

Fedora especially is #1 afk healer due to high base attack power and min-cost at 17 cost versus 18 cost Iris (+21) and 16 cost Arisa (+141).
Thanks for that insight. Will keep it in mind. Right now I need to prioritize building a team where I can hope to clear some of the hardest levels because now I can't at all... will probably post later asking for tips on what I should focus on, when I get my act together. :)

Dragonpaladin

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Sounds like an item trial with a zombie dragon, unless the black dragon, or some new dragon, is making an appearance.
Black Dragon Rider!? WHERE WHEN WHAT!?
^ meme - every single time I hear black dragon ~~

Unless, of course, you have a near God-like team like Draa's, whose team can challenge every new difficult mission without issues.
The only reason I am tolerated strategy wise is because I can manage the same god-tier difficulty event map with gold or below.

So no, you don't need a team like mine unless you are putting some theories into practice. (Last one was Eshusya + Nanaly/Leone + Waltz/Uzume combo) I have always been interested in the mechanics part of Aegis, it's why I break it so often.

Currently at 120 crystals.
TieSKey officially have more crystals than me. Actually, more than 12 times more. *raise hand for being guilty of tossing all my SCs into Monday/Tuesday Dailies*

post later asking for tips on what I should focus on, when I get my act together.
Will do, it's always interesting and possibly fun to take a look on what other people have and how to go from there.

It sound cheaty, but if it allowed you to be able to instant clear it again and again in future it sound worth it to me
As far as I know, due to charisma cost, the 40 charisma map (late) is still the best during 1.5x events. None of us have tested the 'actual' result of it though. In other words, don't bother. Besides, story map are for silver drops, save it for an trial event or something instead.

For the records, I have used the 'buff' (heal buff and damage reduce I recall, back then it only applies to event maps) back in the days for the Maribelle event original. It screwed me over since I was too late and the devs nerfed the drop rate. I couldn't get any drops outside of the guaranteed drop despite being able to beat it. *So I sealed Maribelle away until her revival a year later ...*

The argument - Sherry and Riria gotten from Gacha really helped there :X the buff otoh only served to waste a lot of goddess crystal instead of allowing me to beat the last map. (but did allow me to beat the penultimate map for the guaranteed drop)
*gimme a break, I had fricken 3+1 days on the event with a totally fresh party and no knowledge of the game. Beating the penultimate map was impossible enough considering I grinded to 66 within 2.5 days - and still didn't stand a chance on the last map *black history*

Basically Maribelle scarred me for life.

Last edited:

BlueSteel

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

OK... so I think I could use some (or a lot of!) guidance on which units I should focus on raising. :)

Here's what I got, ordered by rarity. I have some other units in storage but I'll leave those out of it...

My goal would be to be able to do god mode tiers (the "Kyoku-kyu" and "Kami-kyu" maps) on events... with say 1 star, for starters. Just curious, what are some going translations for "Kyoku-kyu" and "Kami-kyu" anyways? Both considered "god mode"?

The past few events I've been able to 3 star the "senior" tier maps, but higher than that I struggle hard.

Thoughts/questions:
- I think I need to have at least two strong healers, so I've been raising Juno and Iris.
- Shamefully I haven't been focusing on my black units. Some I've gotten in the past few weeks. This is probably something I should focus on.
- I should probably focus on a strong duelist... is Sybilla the best choice from what I have?

I'm guessing I'm probably doing a lot of things wrong. :) So please feel free to point it out!

Attachments

leo11234

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Buffs are totally op when you have decent units. They pretty much turn your platinums into blacks... On the other hand if they are really useful for star maps or farming runs when you're lower leveled.

Dragonpaladin

Tentacle God
Reputation score

@BlueSteel

Black
Sybella (Ace Duelist - yes)
Leone CC (Nanaly on a melee spot, but does require CC to be good)
Desperia CC (Take your time with Desperia)
(Put Sophie off until way later)

Platinum
Uzume (+5% atk -> First AW priority after your already AWed Katie)
Juno CC

Gold
Clarie CC
Merrice CC
Chloris CC (Probably before Desperia despite Merrice/Clarie first) as gold fairy easier to acqurie

Silver
Ether CC
+Silver CC Healer (Cost issue for first deployed healer)

Comment
You have a clean assortment of silver CCed units, this mean you can move onto focus AWing/raising of higher rarity unit. Sybella, pre and post AW should be a priority, as a good Ace trivialize a lot of stuff.
Not having a single silver CC healer is a bad idea, since a lot of map you can brute force with HA and enough healers, and first deployable healer cost matters..

Petite Soeur

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Upcoming Maintenance on Oct 29th between 10:00~15:00:
Contents:
-Emergency Mission "Death Dragon and the Vengeful Magic Priest" (死竜と復讐の魔導司祭) Begins.
+Item Trial for Black Bishop between Oct 29 to November 12th.
++First Phase (29th): 5 Missions; (Nov 5th): 4 Missions; Total: 9 Missions
Trading Post:
-Platinum Samurai Akane Removed from Trading Post.
Other:
-Brynhildr Skill AW Implemented
-Premium Summoning Chance-up Units Changed.

Anna: "While it's uncertain, there's also those who testify that they 'saw a shadow-like human thing fighting with the monsters'. This is not the time to take it easy! Let's prepare for departure to take back the 'townspeople's souls'!"

(Event) Black Bishop Eterna (魔導司祭エターナー):

EDIT:
Just as a friendly reminder. Today's Wednesday (8.5 hours until Thursday), so now's your best chance to farm 6 bishop orbs to awaken and skill awaken Eterna.

Last edited:

Anelai

Tentacle God
Reputation score

(Event) Black Bishop Eterna (魔導司祭エターナー):
so they are giving her after all... I am so torn now :/:/:/:/:/
I already have 2 bishops - AW Noel and CC Paula so I dont really need 3rd one. On the other hand:
- She is cute
- she is black
- I told myself to not turn down any item trial event anymore... 1500 fragments is a must
- point: I dont need her but I want her :(

@Draa: you mentioned eating a lot of crystals during this week. I wonder if you are worse than me. Thursday morning I had 76 SC, I beated all 4stars maps, farmed 4 copies of Imeria (-5/10), completed story maps from previous events (untill new 2), farmed dailies like crazy and bought 3rd barracks.
I am od 25 SC now and I need to burn 9 more for gold stamp.

I am doomed.

EDIT:
Adding my mages/bishops as exkale did
AW50+ Noel
CC49 Paula with 50% affection (started raising her then Noel popped up )
AW76 Mehlis (Merrice) <= 32 cost, all her copies I obtain are eaten without fairies at this point
NoCC30 Odette
CC42 Valerie
AW40 Raichi
AW40 Lucille

EDIT2:mad:Kroset I am even worse. I am planning on eating 9remaining crystals in a few hours: I need fencer orbs for Louise and I have only 300 magic crystals. I am doomed because I will have nothing after this bishop event :)

Last edited:

exkale

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I'll be definitely getting the max number of souls needed for Eterna because I still lack a second AW mage-type unit. I didn't raise Paula enough and my only AW mage-type unit is Marius, so Eterna can fill in the gap.

*Double-checks*

CC42 Paula
40 Odette
CC60 Mehlis
CC25 Cyrus

Yep. Definitely going to max Eterna and raise her.

Kroset

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

A third event bishop, with a design I don't particularly fancy. Yet she's black and it's an item trial. When was the last time I felt like this? Oh yes, Nagi. I ended up maxing her, so I suppose I'll do the same (reluctantly) for Eterna.

@Anelai Unless you plan on cashing, I'd suggest you just hold off on upgrading the stamp. I only have the basic stamp for October, and don't feel gimped or anything. Item trials, once you can do the best map, which I'm sure you can, only take around 30-35 SC to reach 1500. With 25 on hand, 9 from the event itself, some from 2 weeks of maintenance, you'll have enough. =)

Edit: Scratch that, you get 5 SC back from upgrading to gold. It'll be fine. :p

Last edited:

BlueSteel

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Thanks Draa for all the tips! I took notes, will try to do all those things. :)

WiliamZero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Will the subgation hit 600K or it will over ! Let's see XD

Dragonpaladin

Tentacle God
Reputation score

@Draa: you mentioned eating a lot of crystals during this week. I wonder if you are worse than me. Thursday morning I had 76 SC, I beated all 4stars maps, farmed 4 copies of Imeria (-5/10), completed story maps from previous events (untill new 2), farmed dailies like crazy and bought 3rd barracks.
I am od 25 SC now and I need to burn 9 more for gold stamp.

I am doomed.
Actually, I didn't eat much at all. I started at 28, got +5~10ish from gifts, and ended up around 4~7 at the end of Tuesday. Otoh, I am quite full of cans, but still not enough plat fairies ~~

Paula wise, I should bring to CC40, not going to awaken her since I am not heal heavy. (She's CC1) Eterna wise, if anything like Liana ...

MUST FARM UNTIL MAX OR ELSE.
Here's a reminder of the above. Because it's an item trial event for a black rarity unit.
MUST FARM UNTIL MAX OR ELSE!!

@exkale, Anelai
Bishop wise, I have AW Noelle, prepared to be tossed Paula, and hopefully, new black Eterna.
Mage wise I have CC Pales, CC Merrice, AW Odette
My aoe's pretty weak compared the rest of my party until Sorano, Echidna, and Rubinas (and Anya) comes into play.

Last edited:

BlueSteel

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

@exkale:
Now, for 5 days, you can decrease the enemies' attack by 30%, and if you purchased this every day with 800 crystals, you would have it for around 1333 days. Of course, you don't need the buff on all of the time, so you can stretch it out far longer, and purchase the other buffs for the maps that -30% to enemy attack doesn't help with (i.e. +5 Cost and +30% ranged attack for 4 crystals to deal with Great Magical War, or any event map with strong flying units you can't block).
Is there a limit to how frequently you can apply the shop buffs? I thought I read somewhere that you can only apply each once a month? I don't remember where I've read that, so I'm probably entirely wrong.

If they can be applied all the time, wow, that's really powerful!

WiliamZero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Upcoming Maintenance on Oct 29th between 10:00~15:00:
Contents:
+Item Trial for Black Bishop between Oct 29 to November 12th.
++First Phase (29th): 5 Missions; (Nov 5th): 4 Missions; Total: 9 Missions
Trading Post:
-Platinum Samurai Akane Removed from Trading Post.
Other:
-Brynhildr Skill AW Implemented
Black ... Gonna GO MAX!!!! (Me not use Paula too much)
Akane removed = I don't feel anything about it ... is she good ?
And finally! Brynhildr Skill AW Implemented, I hope Carry get good one (Mine 5/5) :3

exkale

Tentacle God
Reputation score

@BlueSteel
I recall that you can continuously purchase a buff until it reaches 30 days time.

If Elves have an attack stat one grade higher than their counterparts, then it is safe to assume that Eterna's base attack stat should be around 620 +/- 20 at AW99. This does exclude affection/trust since we don't know the full details of Eterna. If she gets a +144 attack bonus, then she is going to be as good as Ester until Ester uses her skill. Considering that I can use Spirit Joy on her allows her to join my team full-time and replace Marius instead of being a secondary. A maxed out Bishop will ease my worries about reaching certain stat thresholds with her like I did with Marius months ago. Even if her AW ability isn't amazing, I won't have to worry about farming a lot of Black Fairies for her.

Last edited:

Anelai

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Considering that I can use Spirit Joy on her allows her to join my team full-time and replace Marius instead of being a secondary.
Joy! I must consider using her. I am in process of raising Suil and I was thinking about giving her Joy.
More decisions to make now....