Dragon248

Sex Demon
Reputation score
Last edited:

LemuresXL

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: [2/19] Comprehensive Patreon List

Glad so many new ones have stopped using RPGmaker. Sadly anything using that just feels so tedious to play anymore...

Obscure

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Re: [2/20] Comprehensive Patreon List

RPGmaker comes prepackaged with the old style turn based RPG mechanics and such has all of the design problems that come with that.

The most serious being that "Everyone uses basic attack on the nearest enemy" is ever a valid strategy and the next being the nebulous problem that is "grinding."

Esgaldin

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

RPGmaker comes prepackaged with the old style turn based RPG mechanics...
Even to considering this, author's can always be a little bit creative and do something unique, nearest example good old scgarden whom always tinkered with new battle mechanic and custom HUD in each his game, or this new one "Malise and the Machine" with nice mechanic and visual too, etc.

devvah

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Even to considering this, author's can always be a little bit creative and do something unique, nearest example good old scgarden whom always tinkered with new battle mechanic and custom HUD in each his game, or this new one "Malise and the Machine" with nice mechanic and visual too, etc.
AltairPL spent good chunk of his time since campaign started developing these features from 0 though, stock RPGMaker is just exactly what do you see, pile of old crap.

Obscure

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Re: [2/21] Comprehensive Patreon List

You could recreate about 50% of the key features of Darkest Dungeon in RPGmaker without using scripts.

You could get up to 80% if you used some Yanfly scripts.

Tactical RPG scripts do exist for RPGmaker, as do Action RPG scripts.

The thing is that we have mostly dabblers in the art of game design.

YummyTiger

Tentacle God
Reputation score

You could recreate about 50% of the key features of Darkest Dungeon in RPGmaker without using scripts.

We have mostly first time devs too. Most Patreons are 1-3 years old. While a year or two seems like a long ass wait, it's really not that terribly long in game design. Especially for indie developers.

If you dig through Steam's Greenlight, you'd find a lot of similar issues. In fact, if you specifically look on Steam for RPG Maker games, you might be surprised at the lack of customization. This is not exclusive to hgames. I'd argue that given time, some of these devs will eventually start to branch out into more customized experiences. I'd also argue that the money flowing into the scene is bringing more and more quality. I'll be interested to see where we are in 3-5 more years. I've been playing and following hgames for a long time now, and there is more activity than I've ever seen.

Dusky Hallows

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I'd say this is excusable if RPGmaker was something new, but it's been around a long time. There's really no excuse for the number of games using mostly RTP assets and no additional scripts.

DerPeter

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Re: [2/22] Comprehensive Patreon List

There is a new patreon that needs to be added (not mine obviously)!
Zone, or ZTV, a website everyone around here should know about, has decided to open up a patreon site at patreon.com/zone as supplement to their HentaiKey subscription. You wont get access to their work, but given that you are reading this, you wont need that access anyways.

OP
D

Dragon248

Sex Demon
Reputation score
Re: [2/22] Comprehensive Patreon List

There is a new patreon that needs to be added (not mine obviously)!
Zone, or ZTV, a website everyone around here should know about, has decided to open up a patreon site at patreon.com/zone as supplement to their HentaiKey subscription. You wont get access to their work, but given that you are reading this, you wont need that access anyways.
ZONE was added to the list.

Obscure

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Re: [2/23] Comprehensive Patreon List

Dangit, I thought those things qualified as animations more then games.

Obscure

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Re: [3/1] The Comprehensive Patreon List

230 Patreons reporting a possible $438,605 monthly and possible $5,263,260 annual volume.

$650 Median and $1906.98 Average monthly income.

While a sizable increase in Patreon volume this adjustment reveals little new information. It does however allow us to more clearly see the $5,000 plateau and the hesitation of patrons to finance further.

The slight reduction of Median and Average values hints at a market nearing it's saturation point.

Kagaran

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: [3/3] The Comprehensive Patreon List

Great that this is getting updated so frequently now :), great work Dragon248.

However, in the future could you either add the date a patreon was added behind the *new* in the list or seperate the changelog by date? It would make checking out the new additions much easier.

OP
D

Dragon248

Sex Demon
Reputation score
Re: [3/3] The Comprehensive Patreon List

Great that this is getting updated so frequently now :), great work Dragon248.

However, in the future could you either add the date a patreon was added behind the *new* in the list or seperate the changelog by date? It would make checking out the new additions much easier.
Sure.

Any new Patreons will have the date inside of the *new*. Code Bunny Studios and Project Helius are *3/4 new* instead of just *new*. The other Patreons that was added in this month was changed as well.

For the changelog, any new Patreon is now sorted by the month it was added to the list.

Last edited:

LemuresXL

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: [3/5] The Comprehensive Patreon List

Ahh the way you're doing the new category with the dates makes it leaps and bounds better. Thank you. Also thank you for keeping this updated so well.

Dustellar

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Add this game, Dual Family:

Really promising if you are an incest fan :p

OP
D

Dragon248

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Add this game, Dual Family:

Really promising if you are an incest fan :p
Gumdrop Games was added to the list along with Erogi and Futanari Quest.

Obscure

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Re: [3/7] The Comprehensive Patreon List

Futanari Quest is voice acted.

Yes, the sex is voice acted. She has a nice voice. Imagining this poor girl reading the lines makes this game fundamentally more hilarious then it has any right to be.

B00marrows

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Futanari Quest is voice acted.

Yes, the sex is voice acted. She has a nice voice. Imagining this poor girl reading the lines makes this game fundamentally more hilarious then it has any right to be.
I was like, huh that sounds cool ill watch the trailer!

Turned out to be shemale/newhalf/dickgirl. Boy was i disapointed!

Obscure

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

I was like, huh that sounds cool ill watch the trailer!

Turned out to be shemale/newhalf/dickgirl. Boy was i disapointed!
I do suggest playing it anyway.

I disapprove of ladies carrying around their own penises in general.

The game still won me over with it's promises of excessively flagrant insemination.

Status
Not open for further replies.