Old 9th February 2014
Jungle Girl

hididilly is new around here
Default Re: The Legend of Queen Opala 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by berndsenb View Post
I'd be almost willing to bet that it's
Spoiler
I thought it would be that, but nothing showed when that particular event occured? This is exciting and frustrating, I love it.
Old 9th February 2014
Demon Girl

SquareEnix is a valued memberSquareEnix is a valued member

How do I get to the blonde chicks? Just keep going along with the story?
Old 9th February 2014
Jungle Girl

hididilly is new around here

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquareEnix View Post
How do I get to the blonde chicks? Just keep going along with the story?
Yeah, it's a compulsory story one I think. It comes... after the credits?
Old 9th February 2014

thedud is new around here

Anyone have a save starting at the end of episode II? I am on a completely new computer.
Old 9th February 2014

deadlydirk is new around here

Has anyone found the Nervus Tribe tunnel yet or the final piece of the legendary treasure map?
Old 9th February 2014
Demon Girl Master

Gaara29 is a celebrity of the forumGaara29 is a celebrity of the forumGaara29 is a celebrity of the forumGaara29 is a celebrity of the forumGaara29 is a celebrity of the forumGaara29 is a celebrity of the forumGaara29 is a celebrity of the forumGaara29 is a celebrity of the forum

Normally I'd defend the shit out of this game since I'm such a fan, but I finally ran into something that just irked me due to my impatience.

Gold grinding. At least, early on. For starters, just to get access to the Tower of Despaur you need to be a member of the Guild of Heroes. Ten grand. Buying Greenfield, twelve grand. Then there's ten grand for the bestiary which is nice and all but useless to me unless I wanna be lazy since I practically go pencil and paper with notes when playing a game for any real length of tine and it seems only particularly useful for looking back on the legendaries you've killed.

This is to say nothing of the upgrades for Greenfield itself, the NPC merchants/employees, and the upgrades for them. And to be frank while I was all Fable fanboying over buying property...not so much now that I actually SEE it in the game. She explained on her blogspot that there would be bonuses worth it that would keep it from being purely bragging rights, but there are several flaws with that.

First, the reward is the same for every business of the same type. Second, the reward for buying an inn is a moot point anyway because 1. the cost in most places is so cheap anyway that it'd be more costly to buy the whole place than to sleep one time and 2. you can sleep for free in Greenfield anyway. Third, drinks sort of pale in comparison to either potions or the healers and it'd be more cost efficient to just buy potions in the long run.

I tried doing a whole new game and quickly got bored of the gold farming on top of recalling the gold farming I already did in Episode II, and ended up hacking some starting gold through SGEdit for Greenfield and some other stuff.

Also, from what I've read here and on Gabe's HF page, it would seem there are probably some balancing and cliffhanger issues with the finished game. That kind of disappoints me but I'm gonna keep playing.
Sengoku Rance
Terraria
Tyrian 2000

Currently Watching:
Anime List

Currently Reading:
H.P. Lovecraft
Tower of God
Vampire Hunter D
Mysterious Girlfriend X
Soul Cartel
Old 9th February 2014
Demon Girl Pro

Prototype909 has just started to contribute

I think at this point it's better to just wait and hope there's a Golden Edition that resolves some of the cliff-hanger/unfinished ties. There's a big difference between leaving room for a sequel and leaving some plot lines just unfinished entirely, especially when the game makes it seem like the plot lines should for all intents and purposes be resolvable...

I wouldn't say I'm disappointed with the game itself, but the post-game -feels- pretty lacking compared to LoQO1 when you take into account the different scope of the worlds between the two games.

Last edited by Prototype909; 9th February 2014 at 07:10.
Old 9th February 2014
Demon Girl Master

Gaara29 is a celebrity of the forumGaara29 is a celebrity of the forumGaara29 is a celebrity of the forumGaara29 is a celebrity of the forumGaara29 is a celebrity of the forumGaara29 is a celebrity of the forumGaara29 is a celebrity of the forumGaara29 is a celebrity of the forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prototype909 View Post
I think at this point it's better to just wait and hope there's a Golden Edition that resolves some of the cliff-hanger/unfinished ties. There's a big difference between leaving room for a sequel and leaving some plot lines just unfinished entirely, especially when the game makes it seem like the plot lines should for all intents and purposes be resolvable...

I wouldn't say I'm disappointed with the game itself, but the post-game -feels- pretty lacking compared to LoQO1 when you take into account the different scope of the worlds between the two games.
I have yet to reach that point yet, though I guess I could've worded it differently. I'm sonewhat disappointed about the possible balance issues and cliffhangers/giant spacefleas, but it's not a mood killer and the game is still awesome.

I do also agree with another complaint regarding Greenfield, though keep in mind I'm not even postgame on my new run's first playthrough yet. It does feel empty, but not on a massive level. The gold statues in the entrance area are nice. The guest house and merchant's guild make sense. The ONLY and rather small peeve I have is the rather large fenced areas that look good for cattle that are totally barren, though that's just my opinion.

I did enjoy the mansion in the first game though, with all the NPCs and the eventual badass basement bar and all.

And yeah, I'm hoping for a Golden Edition myself as well.

Well, back to it. Probably about a bit over halfway through the story by now.
Sengoku Rance
Terraria
Tyrian 2000

Currently Watching:
Anime List

Currently Reading:
H.P. Lovecraft
Tower of God
Vampire Hunter D
Mysterious Girlfriend X
Soul Cartel
Old 9th February 2014
Demon Girl Pro

Basically a better way to phrase my point would be

The game itself (Quests, Main Story, World, etc.) are all a huge improvement from LoQO1, mainly because the scope of the game is larger. But then there are all these outlying things that either are a downgrade from LoQO1 or don't make sense given the improvements made in other areas.

For example, we gained the affection system but lost the ability to marry/enslave the royals into our harem. I'm not even sure what the affection system influences aside from potentially being what influences the daily fap being sent to you, which doesn't make much sense. All the tavern dialogue with the royals basically hints at some sort of marriage/lover system, or at the very least some sort of unique ending per royal being available (LoQO1 had the evil/good routes with variations in each route for instance), but no.

Most of the post-game content seems to be limited to random boss/dungeon encounters even though you can go around and find multiple areas that are tied to existing plot threads from the conclusion of the main story or post-game plot chains that just simply stop progressing abruptly.

The entire Eclipse fursona thing in particular just comes out of absolutely nowhere and disappears without being resolved in the post game (You can go to the Monastery but there's literally -nothing- there), all those An'Terra caves you find? Nothing you can do about them. The women from Tel'Revida? Also nothing you can do when you find them. Naadia is another character who returns from LoQO1 only to disappear without any meaningful rewards. The pirate woman and her daughter (Names eluding me) show up mid-way through the game and disappear never to be seen again.

I love the game but I just feel like the post-game content was rushed basically, it just feels incomplete for some reason to me but who knows maybe I'm just missing something or NG+ changes a lot in post-game (Though I highly doubt it)

Last edited by Prototype909; 9th February 2014 at 08:29.
Old 9th February 2014
Demon Girl Master

Yeah, I see what you mean.

In that sense I guess I'm only mildly looking forward to postgame but I think I'll manage. Part of me would love something like a hidden ending like the first game had.

Eh. Like I said, I'm sure this won't be a total mood killer for me for postgame, but some of it is kinda annoying.
Sengoku Rance
Terraria
Tyrian 2000

Currently Watching:
Anime List

Currently Reading:
H.P. Lovecraft
Tower of God
Vampire Hunter D
Mysterious Girlfriend X
Soul Cartel
Old 9th February 2014
Jungle Girl

Sangera is new around here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swerto View Post
So who do I buy fertility drugs from in Thebes?

Yes I am at the point where I need to find whomever it is.
You have to buy the Shop with the Big Balls Guy in Thebes, then he sold the fertility drugs.

Thats what i do, maybe other shops sell it too after you buy it.
Old 9th February 2014
Jungle Girl

UzumakiN is new around here

Where's the hermit blacksmith?
Old 9th February 2014
Demon Girl Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by UzumakiN View Post
Where's the hermit blacksmith?
Hermit's Island East of Festival Island
Old 9th February 2014
Jungle Girl

Swerto is a lurker
Lightbulb Re: The Legend of Queen Opala 2

Thanks man.

Also guys, I find the easiest way to gold-grind is in Nabonungas lair, killing dragons. Put a poison on one with venom cut, then beat them down. 2800 per kill, and the exp is fine up to level 30 (a later game level). I reccomend doing this after you meet the neverus tribe and can crystal jump around the world. Anyone have their own strategies?

Do you keep level and experience and equipment for NG+? I feel my next play-throughs will be much more enjoyable.

Tags
male_protagonist