The Unofficial LineMarvel Forums  

Go Back   The Unofficial LineMarvel Forums > Hentai > Hentai Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #286  
Old 23rd December 2011
duck666's Avatar
duck666 duck666 is offline
Grim Reaper
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 400
duck666 has just started to contribute
Default Re: The Legend of Queen Opala 2

is there a way to get a better lockpick? (i am trying to get to the red chest under Greyruin.)
And Can the castle at Castle Conquest be entered?

there's also a glitch after you give anyone a gift (e.g. Iliona - rare leaves) the relationship words do not disappear.

(For those who do not know: Whenever you ever a tavern where it "says 'name' is not here ..." it's a hint to go and buy some gifts.)

Last edited by duck666; 23rd December 2011 at 15:21.
Reply With Quote
  #287  
Old 23rd December 2011
duck666's Avatar
duck666 duck666 is offline
Grim Reaper
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 400
duck666 has just started to contribute
Default Re: The Legend of Queen Opala 2

Where can you get Quartz?
(if no one knows, then just say so)

I am thinking that Quartz is probably dropped by a 'rare' monster since Megabones (special Bone Walkers) drops Mithril

Last edited by duck666; 23rd December 2011 at 18:28.
Reply With Quote
  #288  
Old 23rd December 2011
HegemonKhan HegemonKhan is offline
Demon Girl Master
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 151
HegemonKhan is new around here
Default Re: The Legend of Queen Opala 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by duck666 View Post
is there a way to get a better lockpick? (i am trying to get to the red chest under Greyruin.)
And Can the castle at Castle Conquest be entered?

there's also a glitch after you give anyone a gift (e.g. Iliona - rare leaves) the relationship words do not disappear.

(For those who do not know: Whenever you ever a tavern where it "says 'name' is not here ..." it's a hint to go and buy some gifts.)
1. better lockpick

probably not in this episode 1 part of the game we're given, as those locked places likely involve the episode 2 part of the game, which isn't out yet.

2. Castle conquest

I think at a certain point in the game you can enter it, though I'm not that far yet myself, so someone correct me if you can't enter it.

3. Gift glitch

Gabe knows about it, a fix for now, is to open up your art gallery.

4. Quartz

it seems that quartz isn't in episode 1, but you'll have to ask someone else, who's that far into the game, if all the monsters' drops are known by them.
Reply With Quote
  #289  
Old 23rd December 2011
duck666's Avatar
duck666 duck666 is offline
Grim Reaper
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 400
duck666 has just started to contribute
Default Re: The Legend of Queen Opala 2

Thank you.

I am done the game (expected I am trying to get all the gallery and Quartz)

List of 'Rare' Monsters' Drops (subjected to editing updates):
Megabone - Mithril
Snakemaster - Gold
Sodwolf - Wolf Pelt
Giganto Brutus - Titanium (or loose for an Illustration)
Amageddon - ???
Reply With Quote
  #290  
Old 23rd December 2011
Lambach33 Lambach33 is offline
Jungle Girl
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 11
Lambach33 is new around here
Post Re: The Legend of Queen Opala 2

So...
Anyone feels this game would have been better without the "Queen Opala" angle?
This just feels as if it would be more fitting as an entirely self contained fantasy setting, perhaps with an Egypt inspired location. As it is, the whole thing seems forced and rather nonsensical.
Plus, the characters of Opala and Farah... I've found them just so... Detestable!
Not once did i feel an ounce of sympathy for, nor a desire to help/save, them and i even kind of resented having them tagging along; The sole motivation i had to not telling them to go f#*K themselves and die was seeing the h-artwork... Hell, even Osira was more likable.
On top of that, i was pissed that the actual characters in my party were being completely ignored. With some two lines, i was far more invested and interested in anything involving Illiona or Layla than those airheads. I was also wishing for a "Baldur's Gate" party dynamic style in which members would/could develop relations(and h-scenes, of course...)
Not too keen with the purple-prose-laced stuff that involved them either(God knows, i've read the word "mature" more than anyone should in a lifetime).

I don't mean to be an asshole, just voicing an opinion.
The game is generally well crafted and i think a future game by the same maker(s) would much benefit from ditching those themes and characters.

PS> "Gabe" would have worked far better as a potential party member(horseman fighter or some-such...), or at least someone your player could hire to live in his estate(as blacksmith maybe(?)) and be a recurring NPC.
Reply With Quote
  #291  
Old 23rd December 2011
hididilly hididilly is offline
Jungle Girl
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 42
hididilly is new around here
Default Re: The Legend of Queen Opala 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambach33 View Post
So...
Anyone feels this game would have been better without the "Queen Opala" angle?
This just feels as if it would be more fitting as an entirely self contained fantasy setting, perhaps with an Egypt inspired location. As it is, the whole thing seems forced and rather nonsensical.
Plus, the characters of Opala and Farah... I've found them just so... Detestable!
Not once did i feel an ounce of sympathy for, nor a desire to help/save, them and i even kind of resented having them tagging along; The sole motivation i had to not telling them to go f#*K themselves and die was seeing the h-artwork... Hell, even Osira was more likable.
On top of that, i was pissed that the actual characters in my party were being completely ignored. With some two lines, i was far more invested and interested in anything involving Illiona or Layla than those airheads. I was also wishing for a "Baldur's Gate" party dynamic style in which members would/could develop relations(and h-scenes, of course...)
Not too keen with the purple-prose-laced stuff that involved them either(God knows, i've read the word "mature" more than anyone should in a lifetime).

I don't mean to be an asshole, just voicing an opinion.
The game is generally well crafted and i think a future game by the same maker(s) would much benefit from ditching those themes and characters.

PS> "Gabe" would have worked far better as a potential party member(horseman fighter or some-such...), or at least someone your player could hire to live in his estate(as blacksmith maybe(?)) and be a recurring NPC.
So...
You want Legend of Queen Opala, without Queen Opala? Or just a less needy character?
Reply With Quote
  #292  
Old 23rd December 2011
duck666's Avatar
duck666 duck666 is offline
Grim Reaper
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 400
duck666 has just started to contribute
Default Re: The Legend of Queen Opala 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by hididilly View Post
So...
You want Legend of Queen Opala, without Queen Opala? Or just a less needy character?
haters are gonna hate, just ignore the ones that are purely there to put the creator down and think over the ones that are actually giving legit criticism.
Reply With Quote
  #293  
Old 23rd December 2011
duck666's Avatar
duck666 duck666 is offline
Grim Reaper
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 400
duck666 has just started to contribute
Default Re: The Legend of Queen Opala 2

Does anyone know what and where the last south Legendary Monster is? Plus how to find him?

Does Pure Mineral (for diamond armor) exists in Episode 1?

Last edited by duck666; 23rd December 2011 at 21:38.
Reply With Quote
  #294  
Old 23rd December 2011
Lambach33 Lambach33 is offline
Jungle Girl
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 11
Lambach33 is new around here
Default Re: The Legend of Queen Opala 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by hididilly View Post
So...
You want Legend of Queen Opala, without Queen Opala? Or just a less needy character?
Yes and yes.
My point was that it would've been a better story if it wasn't a "Queen Opala" story. But yeah, the character being needy didn't help.
Like i said, the game is well crafted and there are interesting elements in it, but the "Egyptian royal family" thing is a weak point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duck666 View Post
haters are gonna hate, just ignore the ones that are purely there to put the creator down and think over the ones that are actually giving legit criticism.
Wow! Name calling as an argument.
Did you think of that all by yourself?
Reply With Quote
  #295  
Old 23rd December 2011
You Win The Prize's Avatar
You Win The Prize You Win The Prize is offline
Demon Girl Pro
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: the medium
Posts: 121
You Win The Prize is a valued memberYou Win The Prize is a valued member
Default Re: The Legend of Queen Opala 2

I will admit, the dialogue for Farah is pretty weak; i've heard Mature more times than I care to (just call yourself a MILF once and be done with it, because we get the point). and with this change of locale, she's basically only there for TnA. the Purple Prose doesn't really help all that much either, but what can you do? it's a creative decision.

Lambach, there is an Egypt-inspired setting - it's called Legend of Queen Opala 1. the point of this game is that Osira escaped from her capture in the original game and fled from Egypt to Namaria via Shadow Spikes. in that game, Opala is much less needy (as she still has her throne, and doesn't have the whole 'Fish-Out-Of-Temporal-Water' thing messing with her) and functions less as a tag-along and Damsel in Distress and more as a (much stronger-spined) quest-giver.

the attention to the other party members, though, is much much greater in 2, as in 1 they simply are mercenaries that are just to give you firepower; none of them (except for Murdock, and that's only because he shows up again in 2) get any storyline development whatsoever, and beyond talking in taverns and hiring them, don't get any speaking lines at all. as for H-scenes with them... I'm fairly certain the relationship meters mean that when episode 2 comes around, you'll be banging elves and namarian generals in short order.
__________________


Tell You What. You stop being a Dumbass, and I'll stop being a Jackass. You go first.

I'm a senior member of the Sim Brothel 2 Revival Project. We just released Version 0.03, and we're currently recruiting for the project. If you know how to code, map or animate for RPGXP, or are willing to learn, come on over. Quest-writers are also welcomed, but you may be evaluated on skill-level before your work begins.
Reply With Quote
  #296  
Old 24th December 2011
abandon3D abandon3D is offline
Jungle Girl
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 31
abandon3D is new around here
Default Re: The Legend of Queen Opala 2

Queen Opala without Opala... Haha... Makes me think of the Legend of Zelda games... A fair number of them are perfectly fine without Zelda (she isn't even in a good number of them and yet the series is perfectly fine.) But yeah, I see your point, Opala and Farah aren't really all that great... Lemme give my view though:

Opala's relevance: Well, she is important since the whole journey really started after meeting her. Without her popping up, Kai woulda just gone on with his life (probably woulda gotten killed too by that Dark Knight dude in Sanctus since it was Opala who urged him to retreat.) The fact that she's supposedly a key of some sort for the enemy's plot also shows how important she is... Her being "needy" is somewhat a given since she's in unfamiliar land... Sure, she can call herself a queen there, but if people don't know her (in fact most don't even know Egypt) then any power/authority from her would be non-existent. I suppose it's forgivable, but the whole "Get banged by a minotaur once = lose self-control right away" thing coulda gone better... I mean, she was willing within the first 10 seconds of seeing the minotaur dick... Sure, she's kind of a slut early on, but no real resistance on her part makes it hard to want to save her...

Farah = no relevance at all... Seriously... She's just a milf and proud of it. Not a bad thing, but you could at least give her some character...

Anyway, the opening message thing mentions the whole "Donations could help bring about a sequel" so we can hope for improvements in character in the next game. Maybe we can expect better relations with the other party members (maybe even multiple endings, but that's unlikely) if we ask Gabe enough.
__________________
THE WORLD RUNS ON MONEY!!!
...Which is why, sad to say, I'll never run it.
Reply With Quote
  #297  
Old 24th December 2011
HegemonKhan HegemonKhan is offline
Demon Girl Master
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 151
HegemonKhan is new around here
Default Re: The Legend of Queen Opala 2

the master hentai illustration in the moon palace (next to the vial of life chest), doesn't show up in the art gallery-illustration pages

the General Gnome LM still isn't displaying as completed in the Beastiary for me (and I did kill it, lol).

the beds in the Grand Aideen Palace's Dungeon and the Duchess' Dungeon are blocking some of the glowing desks in these two dungeons

If anyone could let Gabe know, that would be great!

Last edited by HegemonKhan; 24th December 2011 at 05:04.
Reply With Quote
  #298  
Old 26th December 2011
Dronez's Avatar
Dronez Dronez is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3
Dronez is new around here
Default Re: The Legend of Queen Opala 2

At the beginning of the game i have let the old coot stay at his hime rather than
him coming with me to investigate the bright flash, so he doesnt doe. but throughout the game i cannot use the crystals to travel to the sky temple? is this connected with me not killling the old coot and isthere a way to use teh crystals to transport again?
Reply With Quote
  #299  
Old 26th December 2011
busa-guy's Avatar
busa-guy busa-guy is offline
Demon Girl
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: united kingdom, yep a bloody limey
Posts: 51
busa-guy has just started to contribute
Default Re: The Legend of Queen Opala 2

If memory serves, to be able to transport between crystals
you need the "crystal fragment" located in greystone ruins.
Reply With Quote
  #300  
Old 26th December 2011
CyCaDeLiC's Avatar
CyCaDeLiC CyCaDeLiC is offline
Demon Girl
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: In between dreams
Posts: 77
CyCaDeLiC has just started to contribute
Default Re: The Legend of Queen Opala 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by duck666 View Post
Where can you get Quartz?
(if no one knows, then just say so)

I am thinking that Quartz is probably dropped by a 'rare' monster since Megabones (special Bone Walkers) drops Mithril
Pretty sure you can't get Quartz. Same as with the Pure Mineral.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HegemonKhan View Post
2. Castle conquest

I think at a certain point in the game you can enter it, though I'm not that far yet myself, so someone correct me if you can't enter it.
As far as I know this area is reserved for ep2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duck666 View Post
Does Pure Mineral (for diamond armor) exists in Episode 1?
Same as with Quartz, think it's reserved for ep2. Tbh the titanium/broncallo set is more than enough for ep1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abandon3D View Post
Anyway, the opening message thing mentions the whole "Donations could help bring about a sequel" so we can hope for improvements in character in the next game. Maybe we can expect better relations with the other party members (maybe even multiple endings, but that's unlikely) if we ask Gabe enough.
Better relations? If you played the first game you'll notice how much Gabe improved in that area. And multiple endings have already been there / are there, depending on your choices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HegemonKhan View Post
the General Gnome LM still isn't displaying as completed in the Beastiary for me (and I did kill it, lol).
That's odd, I'm fairly sure he's displayed for me. Maybe a rare bug that you experienced?

Oh and I love how some people bash the game/story without even having played through the whole thing. Farah unnecessary? Well I'd say just play another hgame then, cause as I see it, the royal family shouldn't pop up in pieces. I bet people would complain much more if Farah or even Opala wouldn't appear. Really, the only thing I agree on is that Opala broke a bit too quick - but couldn't that possibly be just a trick, fooling with us players? I just doubt that everything is so one-dimensional as some want to see it. Whatever it may be like, I'd withhold any judgement until ep2 is released and the complete game/story seen & played.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
male_protagonist

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT. The time now is 04:17.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.