What's new

The Works of Toonpimp

gameguru777

Lurker
Reputation score
Furry RoR games that I am sure most of you are at least aware of. I found the links on their forums (so credit goes to them for uploading) but I thought I would at least share them.

My main complaint is... well... most are already familiar with that... but still. I hate the artist, but the games are not terrible. They just have that buggy unfinished feel to them. (He even admits in Run Minerva Run X that nobody felt like animating an ending... WTF? Why tell people?)

Here is the rundown of the three and my official reviews... because I am bored and I feel like reviewing stuffs...

Run Minerva Run X: Toonpimp's first RoR game... or at least the first one that has been widely accepted. He had one a while ago which was his first actual attempt at it. In fact, Run Minerva Run X is a remake of the origanal... but enough of that. Game play is simple, move forward, avoid monsters, attack monsters, jump over platforms. This is a simple formula for many games, however few are actual sex games. The first thing I notice is the character sprites, they look fairly good. However it was soon that I found my first complaint COULD THEY GET ANY BIGGER! The screen is so zoomed in and everything moves so fast. No sooner does a monster get on screen that you are grabbed. Yeah, the point of the game is for fap material... but damn! A little warning would be nice! The only way to win to to memorize the positions of the monsters through the levels or get very lucky. Another problem is the plat forming aspect of it. Jumping is great and all... but only when it is executed correctly. I find myself falling through platforms or somehow floating up through them... The game just feels unfinished and could have used a bit more polish.

Showtime Rhonda: In the second RoR game made by this author he took a slightly different approach. Gone is the horrendous platforming and instead you get an arena type game where you simply have to destroy the monsters before they force you into submission. This game is not executed badly at all. However the game is a bit short and redundant at times. When you realize that all you are doing is killing the same monsters to avoid the same scenes over and over again, you question why you are still playing. As far as fapping goes... its alright... animation is a huge step up from the last game. And the weapon system is fairly well done and the different clothes is a neat feature. This game actually feels finished! Think of it as a dirty arcade game minus the quarters and its a fairly well built game.

The Curse of Cracklevania: The last game is a Metroid/New school Castlevania like game only it is much more linear and the only "Exploring" you get to do is backtracking through where you have just been. A point system has returned and once more is pointless (see what I did there). With Showtime Rhonda I think the score determines what ending you get. However it seems useless here as there is only one ending. Platforming is back and it seems to only be a bit better than Run Minerva Run X. Only its still annoying and pointless. It seems to want to be both an action game and a platformer game which is fine. However it was terribly executed. Plus this seems to suffer another small problem... IT DOES NOT SEEM FINISHED! In fact this was admitted by the author that there was supposed to be more things... why release an incomplete game, take another week or two and add in the stuff you wanted!

Over all they are not too bad. Each one has some glaring flaws but I guess is comes down to this question: "Are they fun?" and... yes... I suppose they are. You are not losing any money by playing these (unless you donate in hopes that you will fall into this authors good graces and he might release something that is actually finished.)

These games are fun if you forgive the huge flaws and bugs that are riddled throughout the games. However I tend not to forgive lazyness and bad programming.

Run Minerva Run X: 5/10
Showtime Rhonda: 7.5/10
Curse of Cracklevania: 6/10

Links:
Run Minerva Run X

Showtime: Rhonda

The Curse of Cracklevania

D.A.

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: The Works of Toonpimp

[badjoke]See, at least LM doesnt release games while they're unfinished[/badjoke]

anyways, they also have cheats for immortality (i'd call it infinite life, but the life does go down, you just don't die at zero) and better weapons, as well as always male or female for cracklevania.

all of these are input at the title screen

run, minerva, run:
input up up down down left right left right b a (immortality and better weapons, IIRC)

showtime rhonda:
input up up down down left right left right b a (better weapons)
type "fasucks" (immortality)

curse of cracklevania:
input up up down down left right left right b a (always female)
type "lolfurfags" (always male)
input down right up left y b (immortality)

Last edited:

aika

El Presidente
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

Meh, even if there's a couple of glitchy moments they're still very fun games, and in Cracklevania I love all the different items you can pick up - if only they id other things than just give you points ;_;

SilentSilth

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

Meh, even if there's a couple of glitchy moments they're still very fun games, and in Cracklevania I love all the different items you can pick up - if only they id other things than just give you points ;_;
Or make you lose points.

I loved mah X Box.

aika

El Presidente
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

The weird female reptile on the cloud - every time you hit her you get 50 000 points. And she respawns if you leave the area and then return.

Yeah...

Zanara

Lurker
Reputation score

I personally like them. the points are for nothing more than to add a personal goal, so who cares if they'r a bit buggy. Every enemy in Cracklevania has more than one pose when they get you, and its a fun game. He does get paid though, albeit indirectly, through donations. See, this is why being rich, and being horny is a bad mix. you make mistakes like that. Though, to anyone that honestly complains, consider this: would you rather a game maker that releases slightly-unfinished games...or one that dissapears for almost a year after promising a new game, then comes back to say "Sorry, I didnt feel like it". Dont critizize the actions of one person, and ignore the actions of another.

Last edited:

Hentai Finder

Lurker
Reputation score

I'd rather wait for a good game, then have a "gets the job done" game.

aika

El Presidente
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

Sorry to nitpick, but we haven't ignored LM's absense. We simply understand that when creating a free game, IRL life comes first.

And the reason these games are posted here is because they're enjoyable.

Gameplay-wise they have their flaws, such as platforms that are almost impossible to jump across, and hentai-wise they are great if you're really into furry, but if not then you may enjoy the JG/DG/MG series more.

I agree that it's silly to complain about a free game, but GG777's review was not a complaint, but simply a review.

OP
gameguru777

gameguru777

Lurker
Reputation score

I personally like them.
Good, then keep playing them. I was giving my opinion. If you like a game, play it.

the points are for nothing more than to add a personal goal, so who cares if they'r a bit buggy.
A person who reviews games...

Every enemy in Cracklevania has more than one pose when they get you,
Which is a good feature and everyone loves multiple poses.

He does get paid though, albeit indirectly, through donations
And ads... do not forget ads...
Though, to anyone that honestly complains, consider this: would you rather a game maker that releases slightly-unfinished games...
To quote the magificant Shigeru Miyamoto "A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever."
or one that dissapears for almost a year after promising a new game, then comes back to say "Sorry, I didnt feel like it".
What about one that says. "Here is half a game... sorry I don't feel like finishing it."?

I agree that it's silly to complain about a free game, but GG777's review was not a complaint, but simply a review.
Yeah, I have another thread where I complain. :D

Lucas

Lurker
Reputation score

Unlisted Curse of Cracklevania code:

Marijuana - Unlocks the gallery

aika

El Presidente
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

I didn't know that one!

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I thought that was posted back on haven
Either that or it's a code for another one of his games.

aika

El Presidente
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

The very very very beginnings of his latest game were leaked onto fchan, he was upset for a bit but now that he has linked to it on his own forum, I don't feel bad about posting it here.

There's nothing much to see except her boobs (lol) and her special attack if you hold down and press A.

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score

Hmm, Aika visits Fchan?

*Makes note for later blackmailing.*

On the game, doesn't look like a lot yet, seems to have platforming again.

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Well, the battle systems seems to be somewhat improved.

aika

El Presidente
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

Hmm, Aika visits Fchan?
No, I actually have no idea what it is, I assume it's a chan for flashes?

TP posted it on his forum.

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score

No, I actually have no idea what it is, I assume it's a chan for flashes?

TP posted it on his forum.

Fchan
F-chan
Fur-chan