What's new

Unknown/Hiatus [RPG Maker MV] Sexonomicon [Futa, Animation]

MajinLuffy

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Hey, as some of you may have noticed, I have been posting frequently this past week on the Under Construction section on a thread about this game. Tonight I just finished an animation I was making that I'm going to use to make a stress test demo on RPG Maker MV. Originally I wasn't planning to post anything about it until I had a proper demo but it has been brought to my attention that the engine suffers from serious memory leaks. Not only that, but as I made this animation I realized it got quite heavy and though this is probably one of the longest one I have planned for this game, there are still 12 animations planned in total. So yeah, before moving on to other animations and the game itself I'd like to know if I will have to make changes on the amount of frames, cut the linking animations between the stages of the scene or simply change engine.

I will have the stress test done tomorrow most likely, I just have to make the event with the scene (though it's a 670 frames animation, so yeah, hopefully I'll get it done). Meanwhile I wanted to leave the info about the game here to give you guys something to look for.

As you can see in the title, the name of the game is Sexonomicon and it's a game I've been working on since around October in my spare time (though December was pretty much a wasted month for various usual and personal reasons). I really started working on it around mid-January.

Story/Background
You play as the wizard Lucia. You and your friend Lena stumble upon the Sexonomicon while searching the mansion of a dead renowned wizard and decide to try summoning an incubus to have some kinky fun. Sadly the ritual goes bad and you end up summoning a powerful succubus. She gets pissed off at the girls' dissapointment (who were overconfident that the succubus being trapped inside the circle couldn't do anything to them) and tries to turn them into sex-crazed futanari minions but fortunately Lucia, being a powerful wizard too, has magic imbued in her clothes that deflects the succubus spell. Unfortunately, Lena does turn, she can rip her clothes and also her touch now turns anyone into an obedient sex slave. After getting her clothes ripped and briefly molested by Lena, Lucia manages to get back to her senses long enough to pick up the book, teleport to the attic and place a ward on the stairs.

After reading the Sexonomicon she learns that around the house there are 4 powerful seals that if activated should provide enough juice to send the succubus back to her realm. Of course, the succubus knows about it and isn't planning to let her do it, so she sends Lena after her to stop her from activating the seals and to retrieve the book so she can dispel the summoning circle and leave the basement.

Will Lucia be able to save the day?

Characters
Lucia

Lena

Succubus
(not finished)

About the Gameplay
The point of the game is to activate the 4 seals scattered around the mansion to have enough power to send back the succubus in the basement and bring Lena back to normal. To activate each seal you will need different items for the rituals. Of course, it's not that easy. Futanari Lena is searching for you around the house and the only safe place is the attic.

-She can randomly appear on most rooms and on any door of the room. (Implemented and working)

-The vertical left bar represents how likely is Lena to appear in the room or area you are. The bar goes up and turns colors from green (pretty safe) to red (she knows pretty much where you are) if you run around making noise or with some actions like turning lights on. (Implemented and working)

-You have spells at your disposal to prevent Lena from catching you!
You begin only with a stun trap spell...(Implemented and working)

...but around the house there are other spells you can learn with different effects on Lena and on you.(Implemented and working)

-Everytime you use a spell you lose Mana (top left horizontal bar) and it recovers over time. You can place a maximum of 5 traps in the same area you are and if you leave the area the link with the caster is lost so they are gone too. Your amount of mana is always the same but around the house you can find items that will increase the rate of recovery. (Implemented and working)

-When Futanari Lena enters the room, the bar turns red and the music changes. She knows you are there but not exactly where so she'll start looking for you, until she sees you... (Implemented and working)

- Of course, you can always evade her the "magicless" way! Around the house there are hiding spots marked with "!"

After that she'll leave the room believing that she probably made a mistake you were there. Also, while hiding and if Futanari Lena is not around the alert bar will slowly go down. But beware! If you hide while Futanari Lena is in sight she will surely get you (she's dumb but not THAT dumb xD) (Implemented and working)

(she won't say gotcha, a clothes ripping animation will play or a scene if Lucia is already nude)

- If Futanari Lena catches you she will first rip your clothes (first time the top, second time the bottom. Each one a short animation). If you are not wearing clothes when she catches you, she has sex with Lucia. After that Lucia gets back to her senses and teleports to the attic. (Working on it)

- Everytime Futanari Lena cums, her lust and dick grows. The bigger her dick the slower she runs around the house. (Implemented and working but without the scenes)

- Also the scene you get when Futanari Lena catches depends on her dick's current size. There will be a total of 5 scenes, after the last one you get one of the endings, Lucia not being able to get her senses back. (Not yet)

- Everytime you activate a seal the succubus gets pissed and turns Futanari into a Monster Lena for a short period of time. Monster Lena is slow as fuck but she is resistant to traps and you can't hide from her. So yeah... run. Also, if she catches you, you get instantly another ending. (The state is implemented and working but the scene itself is not)

- It is also possible to turn Futanari Lena into Monster Lena if she has max dick size and you use a Lust trap on her (Implemented and working)

- There will be a total of 4 endings: 1 good ending, 3 bad endings. (Not yet)

As you can see if you read all that, the focus here is futanari, big boobs, big dicks and some monster. Also that the game system is pretty much done so finishing the house and game story should be pretty quick (if I don't have to change game making engine). What will take most of my time now is making the H content. Right now I'm pretty much done with the top clothes rip animation (I just have to give it some more life) and just today I finished the boobjob animation, I may go back to it and add some milk squirting but to me it's already completed

Oh, did I mention animations? :rolleyes:

Yes, the game will only have 12 scenes but each one will be animated. Which is why it took me so long to begin this game. I wanted to try my hand with animations but my experience is pretty much with raster type of drawing and I'm not very fan of bone animations for, well, boning animations xD. And because frame by frame animations takes a serious amount of time I decided to go with a mix of vector drawings, frame by frame and bones.
For example, for the clothes ripping I didn't use bones because that kind of animation can be kind of slow and I expect players to see those scenes quite a bit during the game so I went with a typical frame by frame fast animation. Which is still faster to draw with vectors because I just have to modify the same drawing each frame instead of completely redrawing in another pose.
For the sex scenes I plan to use some bones (hehe) because I think they will benefit of the fluid motion it has, though it will mean a shit ton of pictures for each scene on RPG Maker... as it already happened with the first sex scene.

Anyway, I'm still by no means a pro at animation but hopefully these will turn decent enough. After the stress demo results, updates should come pretty regularly because last month I decided to dedicate myself to making H-games and taking the boobjob animation as an example, it took me around a week while also working on other stuff for the game and it'll probably be the most time consuming animation in the game. I will talk about those plans in more detail after the stress test demo too (Yes, it will most likely involve a patreon).

So, without further ado here is a crappy gif of the complete boobjob animation (sadly Moho screws completely my animation if I save it as SWF :()

. The colors are a bit off but it's a lot better quality.

Here is a VERY rough sketch of the animations planned for the game, for those that don't mind spoiling themselves what kind of scenes they'll get in the game

Updated look of the game UI

During scenes it will display scene controls which will be mouse friendly

And that's about all the info of the game I can think at the moment. Hopefully you guys like it and lots of you help me with the stress test :)

UPDATE:
Here is the link for the stress test demo:

Last edited:

Legrandxav

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: [RPG Maker MV] Sexonomicon

Just one question:

Is there a demo available? Because this game in really interesting, love the concept, the art and the story.

I want badly to try it! :D

OP
MajinLuffy

MajinLuffy

Reputation score
Re: [RPG Maker MV] Sexonomicon

Just one question:

Is there a demo available? Because this game in really interesting, love the concept, the art and the story.

I want badly to try it! :D
Right now I'm working on a stress test demo to see if RPG Maker MV can handle well the amount of pictures for the animations on most computers. Gameplay-wise it's gonna be extremely simple, just a couple of rooms, because the main focus is the animation. I'm including the boobjob scene and the not-so-good-yet top clothes ripping animation. It's not perfect but it won't have more frames than it already has so it works for this test. Hopefully I'll be posting that demo tonight. :)

Eyesday

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Re: [RPG Maker MV] Sexonomicon [Futa, Animation]

I like that kind of story and if i may give you a little tip, i'd like to see this final question "She'll be able to save the day?" as a optional question, you understand? It'll be awesome if, in the end of the game, you face two different ways to "finish the game". One of them is to save the day and send the succubus back to her realm or becoming some kind of demon who will help the succubus to become more powerful and blablabla.

Anyway, futa is beautiful in h-games and i'm now waiting for this game. If i may help in something, just call me.

OP
MajinLuffy

MajinLuffy

Reputation score

I like that kind of story and if i may give you a little tip, i'd like to see this final question "She'll be able to save the day?" as a optional question, you understand? It'll be awesome if, in the end of the game, you face two different ways to "finish the game". One of them is to save the day and send the succubus back to her realm or becoming some kind of demon who will help the succubus to become more powerful and blablabla.

Anyway, futa is beautiful in h-games and i'm now waiting for this game. If i may help in something, just call me.
It's funny because that's actually some kind of post game I got planned in case the game has enough support. If dedicating myself to H-Games full time is paying off by the time I finish this game my plan is to make a poll to ask whether to make the post game or move on to another game.

Not sure if making them demons (though it wouldn't be out of the board ;)) but...
...the plan so far is for them to befriend her, find out she has problems in her world (the reason why she wanted to stay in this world so badly) and deciding to go with her and help her. The reason I don't include this from the start it's because I want to set a more realistic goal for the game to finish it and then letting people decide whether to continue with it or not to avoid the neverending same game developing unless people really want it.

Papanomics

Lurker
Reputation score

This looks great.

FargoonU

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Looks interesting !

OP
MajinLuffy

MajinLuffy

Reputation score

Papanomics said:
This looks great.
Danzorbardok said:
Looks interesting !
Thanks!:)

Well, I finished the stress test demo, I'll leave the link at the end of this post and in the first one. I included a little notepad with some instructions on how to play but I'll write it here just in case.
Keys
----

Q and W: switch between skills (only stun trap and stealth in this demo)
A: uses current skill
Z: Investigate/Activate/Use/Hide in hiding spots marked with "!"
Holding Shift while moving: Running.

And that's it.

For the scene use the mouse to click next button when in a loop, the others buttons work but
currently they do nothing.

The maps are barebone, didn't see the point on working too much on it until I'm sure I'll keep using MV. In fact, I forgot to block the big stairs but don't go down to the first floor, the transition back to the second floor is messed up and there's nothing in the first floor. I might have left a futa event that I was using to try out chasing stuff so it won't really do much.:rolleyes:

When you get down from the attic there will be most likely a loading screen. In my pc it's not that long but it's noticeable. I'd like to know how long it gets on average. After you get down the first time it shouldn't happen again and there shouldn't be any lag. (The loading screen should happen at startup, no idea why is it doing it in that place but I didn't find it too bad like that)

Also a heads up, the game will take around 1gb of ram but it shouldn't go beyond that.

There's no sound in the scene yet, I do have sounds but when I began testing them out I noticed most sounds I could use were too long or had some voice in the middle I rather not use so I will have to edit them, but doing that I would most likely not finished the demo today (and the heavy files are the animations anyway).

Btw, when in stealth mode the futa won't run at max speed at you but she will still go in your general direction. I will try to find a way to make her completely lost eventually though. Also, speaking of the futa speed. If she sees you it's pretty much impossible to just outrun her. Don't worry, it's supposed to be like that in that stage. When her dick grows she gets a lot easier to outrun but since I only have the scene for the first stage... super fast it is (and most of the point of the demo is getting caught, so it's okay xD)

Hmmm, and that's all I can think about the demo at the moment. Here is the link, hoping to get lots of feedback :)

Legrandxav

Lurker
Reputation score

So I tried the demo and...

I like it!

The first time the futa found me (She sees me when she was offscreen btw), that make me jump off my chair! It's a stressfull experience when you see the bar changing to blue or/and when the music change so you become careful quickly.

I want to see more, I love the little "puzzle" when you have to take a risk to obtain the first item (maybe the only one in the demo?).

Some of the rooms gave me goosebump while I traveled into (the library!) and the general atmosphere is excellent!

Maybe the buttons could be change to be more easier to use, to be more instinctive. Something like: A and S to change the skills, Z to activate the skills and X as the "use/activate/search" button.
But to be fair, it's just my opinion and with some time, I'm sure I can be used to your configuration

Just one question: What are the glowing circles in the attic? Can activate it but not shutting down.

Well, I really want to see more, I love the art, the gameplay, the atmosphere...

Good work, continue like that!

x421

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

oh boy, this game does look really good, will try it and give my impressions.
are you going to implement some kind of magic traps the player can step into? like a fake wall or tentacles in a closet you are hiding in? so the longer you stay in the more likely you will get caught?
i know you animate the scenes and its unlikely that you add some more "costumes" but, could it be possible to take random clothes around the mansion after your original ones get destroyed? maybe some with magic traits?
in the end your clothes get ripped off and the animated scenes are all naked so it could be a future feature?

kingbloo123

Demon Girl
Reputation score

wasnt able to play it try to get down stairs and it crash caues it mv try to use to much prossesor power

OP
MajinLuffy

MajinLuffy

Reputation score

Legrandxav said:
So I tried the demo and...

I like it!
Thanks! Any performance problems? =O

The first time the futa found me (She sees me when she was offscreen btw), that make me jump off my chair! It's a stressfull experience when you see the bar changing to blue or/and when the music change so you become careful quickly.

I want to see more, I love the little "puzzle" when you have to take a risk to obtain the first item (maybe the only one in the demo?).

Some of the rooms gave me goosebump while I traveled into (the library!) and the general atmosphere is excellent!
Are you sure she was offscreen? It may have looked like that because at that level she's so damn fast but yeah, it wouldn't surprise me that it needs a bit more tweaking :rolleyes:

Maybe the buttons could be change to be more easier to use, to be more instinctive. Something like: A and S to change the skills, Z to activate the skills and X as the "use/activate/search" button.
But to be fair, it's just my opinion and with some time, I'm sure I can be used to your configuration
Well, X is actually the cancel button but so far it's pretty much to get out of the save screen. Z,X,Q and W are kind of the native buttons RPG Maker MV uses so it felt natural to use them, but yeah, I could change them. Even better, most likely I could let the player just change the controls :p

Just one question: What are the glowing circles in the attic? Can activate it but not shutting down.

Well, I really want to see more, I love the art, the gameplay, the atmosphere...

Good work, continue like that!
Oh, don't mind those, I was just testing them out as the sprites for the seals, they currently do nothing important xD
Thanks again, I will try my best to keep it up :D

x421 said:
oh boy, this game does look really good, will try it and give my impressions.
are you going to implement some kind of magic traps the player can step into? like a fake wall or tentacles in a closet you are hiding in? so the longer you stay in the more likely you will get caught?
i know you animate the scenes and its unlikely that you add some more "costumes" but, could it be possible to take random clothes around the mansion after your original ones get destroyed? maybe some with magic traits?
in the end your clothes get ripped off and the animated scenes are all naked so it could be a future feature?
Actually while planning the game it did strike me as odd that there weren't any tentacles in it, which is pretty much one of the first major fetishes that got me into hentai so many years ago (Ah, La Blue Girl...xD) and is still one of the main ones I'm always looking for. I thought of making some tentacles traps around the house and maybe make those sprite animations... but.... honestly, I had to make hard choices to make sure the game actually gets finished in the near future. So, in the end I decided to leave that to a possible post-game if everything goes well and if people do want it after I finish the main game. And in case it gets voted that I make a different game instead, most of my other games ideas are heavy on the tentacle side so it's ok xD

About the clothes, the problem with that is that it wouldn't make sense as her clothes are what protects her from the succubus magic. The system right now is like this: in the attic there will be a floor seal where you can save and restore your clothes (so after each scene she gets fully clothed again) and one of the skills is to create new set of clothes, of course, it will be very expensive to cast and you have to find it. Still, the idea is not far-fetched, as you say, only the ripping scenes would be the ones affected and not that much. I could add a system of finding clothes and after blessing them or something the costume would be added into the list of clothes you can get when restoring/creating them. Right now I wouldn't put it completely out of question but it would be something I would add if things are looking good and I'm doing well in release time :)

OP
MajinLuffy

MajinLuffy

Reputation score

wasnt able to play it try to get down stairs and it crash caues it mv try to use to much prossesor power
Darn it. Most likely a memory problem. Hom much RAM your pc has? :confused:

Morkor

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Thanks for the stress test: game play wise i enjoyed it.

Performance wise the initial load time after leaving the start room is unusually long for an RPG Maker game and considering that i had put the game on an SSD.

I amuse this is because the animations are being loaded in at that point as the game's memory usage jumped to 168.1mb and did not jump up again when getting captured and playing the animation (Unless the game is utilising VRAM for those). I can see this being an issue for you when more animations are in the game causing a long initial load.
I have no idea if RPG Maker MV supports any multi threading but if it does; then it will be worth getting those animations to load in the background when the player starts the game. If that is not possible then you may need to cut down on their memory usage.

OP
MajinLuffy

MajinLuffy

Reputation score

Thanks for the stress test: game play wise i enjoyed it.

Performance wise the initial load time after leaving the start room is unusually long for an RPG Maker game and considering that i had put the game on an SSD.

I amuse this is because the animations are being loaded in at that point as the game's memory usage jumped to 168.1mb and did not jump up again when getting captured and playing the animation (Unless the game is utilising VRAM for those). I can see this being an issue for you when more animations are in the game causing a long initial load.
I have no idea if RPG Maker MV supports any multi threading but if it does; then it will be worth getting those animations to load in the background when the player starts the game. If that is not possible then you may need to cut down on their memory usage.
Thanks for the feedback.:)

Normally RPG Maker MV loads assets as they are needed but that system is too slow for an image sequence animation as the first time it's played it produces heavy flickering. I'm using a Preload plugin that creates a memory cache for the assets and preloads them at specified times. That's why it suddenly jumps to 1gb even though there is not 1gb of content in the game at the time and it doesn't show any loading again. But because this is a stress test I thought 1gb was a good amount to test because if I make the other animations like I did this one it might get to that size eventually (plus sounds). I could use a smaller cache as supposedly the plugin does remove assets not being used at the moment if the amount of assets surpass the cache limit but my guess is that would mean more loading screens during the game (though probably shorter ones)

The plugin lets you decide whether to load all assets in the cache at startup or/and when you enter a new map just the assets needed in that map. The problem with the latter is that it only seems to load assets coded directly in the events on that map, not in common events called in events on that map (if you are not familiar with RPG Maker, Common Events are events that aren't specific to maps and can be called to run anytime, anywhere in the game). Guess what kind of events are the animations. So I decided to load them on startup and during testing at some point it was loading them when you chose New Game, but for some reason now it does it when going down the stairs. I do plan to find a way to get it back to loading at startup but for the stress test purpose I thought it also worked like that as I only need to know right now if most people's pc can handle it.

Darthan

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Looks like I won't be playing this if you stick with MV which is sad because I really liked where this was going.

After waiting about five minutes at the Now Loading screen, no joke, I finally start exploring the mansion. While simply walking around the game started to lag and once the animations got triggered the game pretty much stopped responding. Once I finally got the game to close my computer locked up and I had to restart it to get it to start functioning properly again.

Like I said, really like what I have seen but as is the game is completely unplayable for me. :(

OP
MajinLuffy

MajinLuffy

Reputation score

Looks like I won't be playing this if you stick with MV which is sad because I really liked where this was going.

After waiting about five minutes at the Now Loading screen, no joke, I finally start exploring the mansion. While simply walking around the game started to lag and once the animations got triggered the game pretty much stopped responding. Once I finally got the game to close my computer locked up and I had to restart it to get it to start functioning properly again.

Like I said, really like what I have seen but as is the game is completely unplayable for me. :(
Sorry to hear that. Still, remember this is a stress test, it's meant to be as heavy as I think the final game may get (which is why I assigned 1gb to RAM even if there is not enough content for that yet). If it shows performance problems for most people, as I think it will most likely do as far as I've seen, I'll first try halving the amount of frames for the animation and lowering the preload cache. If it's still too heavy I'll skip the linking animations between stages. And if there are still too many perfomance issues then I'll have to consider switching to another game making engine.

Though I find it weird you had problems after the loading was finished. Could you tell me how much RAM your pc has? Also, your OS, if it's 32 or 64 bit.

mutilador00

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

this looks good I am going to play the demo and try to give some feedback,I love lucias design and the story looks pretty interesting.Do you plan on making lucia a futa at least for one scene? that would be hot.
on a side note its nice to see someone making a game with my same taste in fetishes thank you for this.

kingbloo123

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Darn it. Most likely a memory problem. Hom much RAM your pc has? :confused:
4g ram i mean it like a 4-5 year ( when i core 3 prossesor when the nr=ew thing XD)old labtop but mv just killing it i can run Civilization V at ok setting but mv just lag my pc to no end

Legrandxav

Lurker
Reputation score

On my PC no perfomance issues so far. The first loading screen is long but nothing else.

And yes, she was offscreen and that surprise me a lot!

I can go to the first floor, down the stair. No crash but when I tried to go upstair, triyng to run away from the futa, I landed on the purple area in the wall. That was funny because I could walk but could'nt access to the attic or elsewhere. However, the futa attacked if I was too close to the normal path. After the scene, I restart from the attic and all was normal.

I hope you understand me with my bad english and it an help you!

Thanks for the game!