What's new

[Complete - Partial] [RJ189682] Mischief Wars

Etory

Demon Girl
Reputation score
This game is now fully translated! You can find it here! Congrats ewn!

Old OP

Played the trial version of this on a day sick from work, hope you all can find some enjoyment in it too. Let my loss be your gain, and all.
It's from the same developer that made "To H...".

The plot is about a naive young teacher who's moved to a small island with her family, the prank war that starts with one of her students and the fallout she receives from it.

This is not a complete patch but it should be enough for a machine-assisted playthrough. A variety of content is translated: all character and npc names, the UI, items, choices, flavor text, the outro, and a smattering of the intro (think: the easy, low-effort parts). I always appreciate any feedback you have re: translation, word choice, writing tips etc. Should be fun!~

*Update 4/30*
I recently handed off my current progress to someone (whom I may be working with intermittently), but for now I want to say thank you to everyone who has dl'ed and enjoyed the patch so far.

*Update 8/1*
The truth has been revealed! A shadowy figure, translating from shadowy corners! In plain English, this patch has been superceded by ewn's excellent work in providing a full translation. I hope my humble assistance was of some use to you. Enjoy the game, folks!

Game Thread

Attachments

Last edited:

Saan0

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Re: [RJ189682]Mischief War (Trial)

Do you guys know when is the game expected to be release? Tried to find it on DLsite but could't, I know the Actor blog was updated this month talking about a new update for the demo, because it had a bug somewhere could't understand really well it google translation xD.

OP
Etory

Etory

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Do you guys know when is the game expected to be release? Tried to find it on DLsite but could't, I know the Actor blog was updated this month talking about a new update for the demo, because it had a bug somewhere could't understand really well it google translation xD.
I know less than most since I haven't been following development, but... looks like the release date has slipped a couple times since early December. With his computer setback + bug reports he's been getting, he's likely doing some thorough reviewing of his game. The longer it is, the longer it takes.

From very little evidence I'd guess it comes out within a month from now.

Serio C

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Thanks a lot! This is a lot of work for a trial version.

Bamioum

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I know less than most since I haven't been following development, but... looks like the release date has slipped a couple times since early December. With his computer setback + bug reports he's been getting, he's likely doing some thorough reviewing of his game. The longer it is, the longer it takes.

From very little evidence I'd guess it comes out within a month from now.
I think he was aiming for this month, hopefully he still is. Probably late January or early February i'd Guess.

Anticide

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Full translation please? I'll donate, whatever it takes! This game is too good to pass up without reading the story & understanding the choices. I can put a 100 towards the cause if that helps?

*EDIT*

I started to read the patch files and notes attached to the game. Afterward, I downloaded translation program and started to dabble around with a bit of trial and error. I managed to figure out how to use it on the most basic level. It seems very impressive however I don't know how it will hold as a final product after everything is said and done. I don't know what errors I'll run into but I will start to learn a little bit and see if I can manage something on my own. I have zero experience when it comes to anything of this nature and I don't know any Japanese either aside from a few words here and there I've picked up over the years. Nevertheless, I'll try it out and see if I can put something decent together or fail miserably in the process either way I have to try because I don't think anyone will do it otherwise and I really, really, really like this game so it's worth the effort I suppose. Maybe hard work and perseverance is all I need to get through this..? Anyway, that's all for now I'll update this if I make a breakthrough.

Last edited:

rizo

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Would be awesome if it got a full translation. It looks like such a good game.
I'd put some money towards it depending on the length of time it would take to complete...

Last edited:

ChanceXD`

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

As Rizo and Anticide said I would also put money($100) into a full translation as long as it is completed at a reasonable time.

Last edited:
OP
Etory

Etory

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I won't keep anyone in suspense, I am in the process of updating this patch for the full game.

Full translation please? I'll donate, whatever it takes! This game is too good to pass up without reading the story & understanding the choices.
rizo said:
Would be awesome if it got a full translation. It looks like such a good game.
ChanceXD` said:
As Rizo and Anticide said I would also put money($100) into a full translation as long as it is completed at a reasonable time.
Well you're (partly) in luck, all the choices will be in English soon. Along with the UI, items, instructions, color commentary, name tags, recollection room, etc. As for the rest... the dev certainly did not skimp on story, but that makes it challenging from our POV. I'm slow as molasses for one, so I wouldn't be anywhere near a 'reasonable schedule'. I hope you'll enjoy what I can provide, including the method to pick it up after me. I'd probably be willing to help edit, at least, if someone good picks it up...

OP
Etory

Etory

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I started to read the patch files and notes attached to the game. Afterward, I downloaded translation program and started to dabble around with a bit of trial and error. I managed to figure out how to use it on the most basic level. It seems very impressive however I don't know how it will hold as a final product after everything is said and done. I don't know what errors I'll run into but I will start to learn a little bit and see if I can manage something on my own. I have zero experience when it comes to anything of this nature and I don't know any Japanese either aside from a few words here and there I've picked up over the years. Nevertheless, I'll try it out and see if I can put something decent together or fail miserably in the process either way I have to try because I don't think anyone will do it otherwise and I really, really, really like this game so it's worth the effort I suppose. Maybe hard work and perseverance is all I need to get through this..? Anyway, that's all for now I'll update this if I make a breakthrough.
That's great, it never hurts to learn. I think it's that willingness to tinker that gets most of us started. Since I am working on it a bit more you may want to wait, but I'll be happy to share tips for working your own changes in for afterwards. You'll also have more samples to look at this way too.

Some things to note:
  • If the JP text is in apostrophes or double quotes, keep them when you translate it.
  • Character limits are always lurking in the background. A given line of text can only be so long before it gets cut off. Sometimes you can fit more text in (since English letters are half as wide), but sometimes less. You'll pick it up as you go.
  • I like to play games I mod with a text hooker (or VNR). Use Libellule's clipboard tool, and all the text you encounter will be saved. If you want to translate specific text from the game, now you have a copy of the text you can easily search for amongst all the RPGMakerTrans or WolfTrans files.
  • Playtesting is key, and context can be hard to pick up since said files don't have to list conversations linearly. Sometimes the best thing to do is put off what you're struggling with and just play the game some more.
  • Find you're doing something mundane over and over? There's probably a solution that involves programming. There's lots of folks around here that are surprisingly savvy. Don't be afraid to ask, or try learning something new.
Have fun!

ChanceXD`

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I won't keep anyone in suspense, I am in the process of updating this patch for the full game.

Well you're (partly) in luck, all the choices will be in English soon. Along with the UI, items, instructions, color commentary, name tags, recollection room, etc. As for the rest... the dev certainly did not skimp on story, but that makes it challenging from our POV. I'm slow as molasses for one, so I wouldn't be anywhere near a 'reasonable schedule'. I hope you'll enjoy what I can provide, including the method to pick it up after me. I'd probably be willing to help edit, at least, if someone good picks it up...
I'm really grateful that you're doing all that.
I probably still wait on playing the game until a full translation because I want to be able to understand how the wife gets corrupted (why I love "To H" so much)
But in the mean time I might try to translate マグメルの娼婦

Anticide

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Wow, that's fantastic news! I like the little pun you did there, partly in luck.. because it's a partial translation haha. I definitely checked out the advice tab you mentioned and I was surprised. After reviewing it, character limits was something I didn't notice initially. Also, I thought all the text was posted in a consecutive fashion but that isn't the case at all here. It would indeed make the translation a lot more difficult do outright process. Honestly, I'm pretty grateful you're doing this. I don't play too many of these games anymore because I hate the back-and-forth trial and error with zero understanding of the game to eventually find events. When I start adding third party programs into the mix to level the playing field it became more of a hassles rather then a blessing at the end of the day. I think having an atmospheric presence is important when playing a game of substance... I don't know if that means anything to anyone now a days given the rate at which people consume information be it knowledge or entertainment. So it's a bit refreshing to see a few people hold back from playing a game until they can really learn the story as they get into it; as well as those who pave the way for us who initially may lack the ability to do so otherwise with patch updates. I use to blast through games just to get to the content then move on to the next game without ever really understanding how I got there in the first place. Granted some games even without reading the text can be understood with a general gist based on imagery alone. But I guess it comes with the territory, language barriers is the great wall that divides us I suppose.

All in all, I sincerely appreciate the effort you'll be making towards the progress of completing this. Be it a partial or full translation though I do hope for the latter. Bless your soul and the little pocket of good you provide in an otherwise bleak looking world we live in.

elfloren

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Well, no matter how much your progress might be, an extended partial might inspire someone else to keep it going, and some day we'd have a full translation in our hands! Good luck Etory~!

Animefan_09

Sex Demon
Reputation score

First of all thank you very much, and don't worry full or partial any help for us poor souls without understanding of moon rounes is always great :D

Now i have a question, can i use the trial patch version with the full game to play without trouble?

Libellule

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Now i have a question, can i use the trial patch version with the full game to play without trouble?
it's a RPGMakerTrans patch, so normaly, no problem to use it on the full game ^^

and thanks again Etory for all your work :D much apreciated

OP
Etory

Etory

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I've uploaded a new version of the partial meant for the full version, should cover choices, UI, items, instructions, color commentary, name tags, recollection room, etc. as promised. Not finished with the intro, that may come later. Rather than leave it in editing 'till I was happier, you all can have a go at it first!

Since (as usual) I've been spending more time modding than actually playing, there's some parts I had to sift through with low context. If you have suggestions for the parts in the spoiler, or notice any choices that seem out of place, please tell.

NPC Names (There's gotta be something better)
  • 射的屋のおじいさん - Carny Pitchman/Games Pitchman
  • 散歩じじい - Strolling Old Man
  • 近寄ってきたオジサン - Arriving Man

Iffy Choices
  • また裸の付き合いをする - Chill in the Nude
  • ……体調が悪そう? - ...Does He Seem Sick?
  • ふゆかにも勧める - Recommend to Fuyuka

Animefan_09

Sex Demon
Reputation score

I've uploaded a new version of the partial meant for the full version, should cover choices, UI, items, instructions, color commentary, name tags, recollection room, etc. as promised. Not finished with the intro, that may come later. Rather than leave it in editing 'till I was happier, you all can have a go at it first!

Since (as usual) I've been spending more time modding than actually playing, there's some parts I had to sift through with low context. If you have suggestions for the parts in the spoiler, or notice any choices that seem out of place, please tell.

NPC Names (There's gotta be something better)
  • 射的屋のおじいさん - Carny Pitchman/Games Pitchman
  • 散歩じじい - Strolling Old Man
  • 近寄ってきたオジサン - Arriving Man

Iffy Choices
  • また裸の付き合いをする - Chill in the Nude
  • ……体調が悪そう? - ...Does He Seem Sick?
  • ふゆかにも勧める - Recommend to Fuyuka
Wow just in time since i am going to start playing it today xD, THANKS A LOT!

PD:Abou the npc names maybe you should ask in the main thread, what they do and talk about may give clues for a good name.

OP
Etory

Etory

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Re: [RJ189682]Mischief War

I'm really grateful that you're doing all that.
I probably still wait on playing the game until a full translation because I want to be able to understand how the wife gets corrupted (why I love "To H" so much) But in the mean time I might try to translate マグメルの娼婦
I can understand; you might be waiting a while. But if you change your mind, the patch'll be there :). Good luck with マグメルの娼婦, the art looked pretty alluring.
Anticide said:
Wow, that's fantastic news! I like the little pun you did there, partly in luck.. because it's a partial translation haha[...] I don't play too many of these games anymore because I hate the back-and-forth trial and error with zero understanding of the game to eventually find events. When I start adding third party programs into the mix to level the playing field it became more of a hassles rather then a blessing at the end of the day. I think having an atmospheric presence is important when playing a game of substance...
[...]
All in all, I sincerely appreciate the effort you'll be making towards the progress of completing this. Be it a partial or full translation though I do hope for the latter. Bless your soul and the little pocket of good you provide in an otherwise bleak looking world we live in.
Hehe, just a little joke, yes. And as for introducing third party programs, I'd say a necessary evil. I'll agree with you on atmosphere, but sometimes you have to make allowances. If something's totally on your nerves just say; bet there's something that could improve it. I've come to use lots when playing these games: fullscreen backdrop + window resizing programs, Translation Aggregator for easy parsing/dictionaries, notepad to take notes...

I like to appreciate the enjoyable things in life less superficially too but if you do that, as said elsewhere, "your backlog will outlive you". There's definitely a balance.

Regardless, thanks. I hope I could add to your enjoyment. And yours too elfloren, Animefan_09, Libellule, & torkenstiem.

Last edited: