What's new

Ghost House Gunsweeper (Full English Translation)

OP
V

velsomnia

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
Re: Ghost House Gunsweeper (Full English Translation)

Still working on the translation.

Last edited:
OP
V

velsomnia

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Sorry, i'm trying to yank the text out of it so I can translate it but whenever I try to translate any of the menus I get some things displaying properly and all of the text turns into empty boxes. I have no clue how to fix it.

ToaruLL

Sex Demon
Reputation score

I can recommend using rpgmaker trans by habisain to make the rvdata's editable in notepad then patching the game then releasing the data files when done...

OP
V

velsomnia

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

I tried using that and I ended up with 2 folders full of non executable files.

thaplayer

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Full translation in a few hours? Is that even possible o_O.

btw: there is already a partial translation: hxxp://www.ulmf.org/bbs/showthread.php?t=18448&page=8

OP
V

velsomnia

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Its really not that difficult to translate a game, at least for me. I figured out how to rip the text from the game and now its just a matter of copy and paste and then proofreading, it is taking a bit longer than I thought though since there are more skills than I thought there would be.

Mr.Pervy

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

wait....you know how to do that?.....oh teach me great master.

OP
V

velsomnia

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

I use the program from this link:

It has a sort of walkthrough on there as well telling you how to rip text and then repack it into a patch for the game. I found the page when ToaruLL told me it was the best way to do it.

OP
V

velsomnia

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Im going to try to knock out the rest of the translation tonight or tomorrow, the common events text file it ripped out is translating into gibberish in some places and it's almost 1 MB by itself. I'm having to take some liberties with the text to get it to make sense and i'm going to have to play the whole game through at least once after i'm done to make sure that it's not off the wall and all over the place. Problem with this program is that I cant see the sentences before and after to get some context.

OP
V

velsomnia

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Ok....some of the things that are coming out of this text are.....weird to say the least. The line I just ran through the translator came out as, "I am a woman of smell § ~! Smell of pussy to Ru ~! I honestly have no idea what the developer was smoking when this stuff was written but I want some. :D

Zodiark69

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Might've been smellin' some pussy. xD

OP
V

velsomnia

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

I had advance warning the text was going to be weird but its like every other line I translate has something to do with a woman's smell.

Zodiark69

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Sounds wonderful.

Note my sarcasm.

Key'

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Im going to try to knock out the rest of the translation tonight or tomorrow, the common events text file it ripped out is translating into gibberish in some places and it's almost 1 MB by itself. I'm having to take some liberties with the text to get it to make sense and i'm going to have to play the whole game through at least once after i'm done to make sure that it's not off the wall and all over the place. Problem with this program is that I cant see the sentences before and after to get some context.
Do you ever actually translate any games? This is the third one i've seen you talk about doing, but i've never seen one completed?

blobzerz

Tentacle God
Reputation score

"(Full English Translation)" Please don't post crap like that in the title if you don't have it, there should be rule against this :/

rea_jak

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

"(Full English Translation)" Please don't post crap like that in the title if you don't have it, there should be rule against this :/
I think thats a bit harsh, but I agree in essence. This translation board should have some way of easily recognizing complete and WIP translations.

Last edited:
OP
V

velsomnia

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Sorry, I realize it sounds misleading. From now on if I post a thread on translations I will put Full English Translation In Progress so that it's less confusing. I have this game on hold for a day or two since i'm getting some really weird gibberish in the strings and while I was trying to figure it out someone asked me to translate a newer game. I'm using the new game to learn to translate better, I have already learned that i'm getting Japanese writing that is not showing up in my translator so I am relying more on a Japanese dictionary. It's having the side effect of slowing me down since I have to check every translation to see if it has missing symbols so that I can look them up.

blobzerz

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I think thats a bit harsh, but I agree in essence. This translation board should have some way of easily recognizing complete and WIP translations.
Yeah i know, and for what it's worth i'm sorry. It was just one of many posts that did not state it's WIP and i got annoyed a bit.