What's new

[Complete - Partial] [RJ168585] Sister Serine's Struggles シスターセリンの奮闘記 (English Partial)

candyfloss

Sex Demon
Reputation score
Ok.. I am going to start on working a partial for this game.

Made by the circle "Hourglass and Pencil"

Game contains Loli. Pardon me for not putting images.

Original game thread here

Partial Details
Character/Class/Items/Weapons/Armors/States/Terms/Map/Enemies/Skills 100% translated.
Added a text skipping script that skips text using "SHIFT"
Added a text hiding button that hides the text window using "CTRL"
Two quests were bugged as the maps cannot be accessed. Thanks to Mistix and farcefield I have attempted to put in a fix in the scripts. Hopefully it works!
Fixed a bug where you repay 500000g instead of 50000g to the debt collector.

See attached for link to partial.

Known Issue: If you load using your save file your main character's name would show as "セリン" instead of "Serine" because it uses data from your save file.

Solution: I have created a item that allows you to change your name once. This item can be found in a red chest just outside your church. The item is called "Name Book" and it will be in located in the "Key" section of your bag after you pick it up

Partial Change log:

4/1/2016 Partial 1.0
Partial released.

6/1/2016 Partial 1.01
Just a additional file that will change game title to english.

6/1/2016 Partial 1.02
Fix a bug where you repay 500000g of your debt when you actually only paid 50000g to the debt collector.
Changed chest opening messages to english.

Attachments

Last edited:

Reaper875

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Re: [RJ168585] Sister Serine's Struggles シスターセリンの奮闘記 (English Partial)

Ok.. I am going to start on working a partial for this game.

Made by the circle "Hourglass and Pencil"

Game contains Loli. Pardon me for not putting images.

Progress on the partial:
Character/Class/Items/Weapons/Armors/States/Terms/UI 100% translated.
Added a text skipping script that skips text using "CTRL"

Things left to do:
Translate Skills/Enemies/Maps/Variables
Hide text window button (Requested)
Bug fixs (Apparently some quests are bugged.. I see what I can do about it. I might give up on this one cause I'm no good at this part..)
I am grateful for whatever you can do, I like the game but hate that I can't skip through text. Really thank you for the great news, and that you're willing to do your best :). I wish I could help, but I have no skills for that kinda thing. :( :eek:

Cooldesak

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Where can I download the partial, I don't see any link to download it? Is it not done yet?

OP
candyfloss

candyfloss

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Where can I download the partial, I don't see any link to download it? Is it not done yet?
It's not done yet sorry..

Searching the scripts, database for the "Quest" section to translate. Once that is done I would release the partial.

Should be done soon.. it's just the matter of how long I take to find it.

Edited: Partial is up.

Last edited:

justgoaway11

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

How to use this?

remicks

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

candyfloss, you're the best!!! Thank you so much for fulfilling my request. :)

Xecty

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I dont know if its intended or not but when you obtain items from the chest the name still appears to be in Japanese although the hover on with the item description shows it perfectly fine

OP
candyfloss

candyfloss

Sex Demon
Reputation score

candyfloss, you're the best!!! Thank you so much for fulfilling my request. :)
It's alright. Had a bit of interest in both translating and this game.

I dont know if its intended or not but when you obtain items from the chest the name still appears to be in Japanese although the hover on with the item description shows it perfectly fine
Did you use the item?

Edited: Do feel free to list any errors you may have found. I am intending to update the partial once when I have time to work on the quest scripts. Holiday's over.. and I have a project to rush.. and I'm kinda helping out a little bit with another partial translation.. my working progress would be much slower than before.

Sorry if I'm slow!!

Last edited:

Xecty

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Haven't used the item but here is the picture of what i mean
i66.tinypic.com/w6uzbs.jpg
from what i could gather it says "strong recovery medicine was obtained"

OP
candyfloss

candyfloss

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Haven't used the item but here is the picture of what i mean
i66.tinypic.com/w6uzbs.jpg
from what i could gather it says "strong recovery medicine was obtained"
Mmm.. it looks like you did not apply the partial correctly. When you opened a chest and obtain the item inside, it should already be in english.
The message would have been "Strong recovery medicine was found."
The name book is in a chest outside your church, not inside a building.

Refer to this thread. Did you apply the partial correctly?

Last edited:

Xecty

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I applied it correctly since everything else appears to be working fine

OP
candyfloss

candyfloss

Sex Demon
Reputation score

I applied it correctly since everything else appears to be working fine
Eh.. doesn't looks fine to me. Even the title at top in your screenshot isn't translated.

Looks to me the partial hasn't been applied at all..

Xecty

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

As you can see it is applied
i68.tinypic.com/mhd8it.jpg
i67.tinypic.com/qyv486.jpg

and just to be on the safe side i re downloaded the game from another source re applied it and still no change

Last edited:
OP
candyfloss

candyfloss

Sex Demon
Reputation score

As you can see it is applied
i68.tinypic.com/mhd8it.jpg
i67.tinypic.com/qyv486.jpg
Argh.. I got it. Sorry.

Seems like there are discrepancies between my own data files and the partial I uploaded. I remember copying the right files but somehow they are now different.

Sorry Xecty, I was sure the data files I uploaded was right. Was my fault!!

..thanks for the heads up. Going to retest my own data files and reupload the partial.

Edited: Oh nevermind.. the data files were the same. It was how the programming is done different that is making the event show japanese text instead of the translated UI.

Instead of using the scripts the programmer chose to make separate events for every chest that's to be opened. Meaning I have to look at every map and search for every chest and translate the events 1 by 1.

Last edited:
OP
candyfloss

candyfloss

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Alright.. I updated the partial link in the first post.

No big changes really, I merely change the game title that appears at the top of the program to show the english name correctly. If you were using the previous partial, it's fine to just stick to it.

As for getting a japanese message when you open a chest.. the problem is the programmer chose not to use the default scripts, but decided to make a separate event for each chest and made them show fixed wall of texts. Therefore, I would have to look for every chest in the game and translate the events for them, to make them show "Whatever-Item was found!" etc. When I have the time, I will do this.

The items will still have the english names and descriptions once inside your bag.

Last edited:

farcefield

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

As for getting a japanese message when you open a chest.. the problem is the programmer chose not to use the default scripts, but decided to make a separate event for each chest and made them show fixed wall of texts.
what, seriously? That seems like a lot of extra work not just for you but for the game's creator. Maybe he had a good reason for it that I'm just not seeing ... or maybe this was his first experiment with rpg maker. Unfortunately that experiment's results have not been totally satisfactory. His art's real nice, though.

Anyway, given that there's still no official update on dlsite it looks like you've done a better job on quality assurance than he has. :p

OP
candyfloss

candyfloss

Sex Demon
Reputation score

what, seriously? That seems like a lot of extra work not just for you but for the game's creator. Maybe he had a good reason for it that I'm just not seeing ... or maybe this was his first experiment with rpg maker. Unfortunately that experiment's results have not been totally satisfactory. His art's real nice, though.

Anyway, given that there's still no official update on dlsite it looks like you've done a better job on quality assurance than he has. :p
Yeah.. I dunno why the programmer made it so tedious. Sigh.. whatever works for him I guess..

The quest descriptions are a way bigger problem.. they are scripts scattered across maps and character's event tabs. I translated some only to find myself having problems finding the npcs/whatever object interactions that actually ends the quest. Some are obvious, some are just plain frustrating to find. In the end I gave up and reloaded the scripts in japanese for the quests to prevent the game from breaking.

Looks like from the maker's blog.. he has started to fix some bugs. A updated game version should be coming soon.

So.. anyway, I just updated the partial again.

Includes a fix to a bug where debt collector thinks you returned 500000g when you returned 50000g, and changed item chest opening messages to english.

Last edited:

Xecty

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

The quest descriptions are a way bigger problem.. they are scripts scattered across maps and character's event tabs. I translated some only to find myself having problems finding the npcs/whatever object interactions that actually ends the quest. Some are obvious, some are just plain frustrating to find. In the end I gave up and reloaded the scripts in Japanese for the quests to prevent the game from breaking.
I finished the game yesterday from what i could gather most of the quests are completed automatically except for 2 as far as i recall i gathered 8 of them in total. there are few npcs which i recall clearly that are giving you quests
1. the girl in front of the general shop in town (molester quest)
2. a maid in the church (girl rescue)
3. Alfred, a red haired guy in town
4. old lady in the store gives out 2 quests (thief extermination and the herb quest)
5. maid/ old women in the upper left side (sick kid quest)
the rest of the quests you get from that gray guy.
Also i dont know if its a bug or not but after you finish the main campain and enter free roam mode, you cant pay your debt anymore and the h-scene with the feudal lord disappears.

Last edited:

pedomudkip

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Is it normal for the 2nd area to be blacked out? I'm using 1.02, currently made it to the capital and talked to everyone in home town and there but no progress (infiltrated the castle and the Arthur guy got caught but his npc is still in the resistance headquarters)

edit: nvm, somehow the 3rd area disappeared and I can access the 2nd area now

Last edited: