What's new

ADV Patreon Active RPG Maker [Dystopian Project] Claire's Quest

Architect

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
INTRODUCTION:

Hello, I'm Architect, and on behalf of my team, the Dystopian Project, I'd like to present to you our "flagship" game...

CLAIRE'S QUEST is a dark fantasy game made set in a world reminiscent of the early Renaissance. The game was built using RPG Maker MV, but unlike the majority of RPG Maker games out there, the game is totally devoid of combat. Gameplay instead revolves around dialogue, decision-making, and occasional puzzle-solving, with a heavy emphasis on the story and replay value.

You play as the titular Claire, a desperate refugee fleeing an invasion of her homeland that has stripped her of everything. Thrust into a world without innocence, where the very worst of humanity and all of society's evils are on full display, Claire seems doomed to meet with a grim fate. As the player, will you help Claire to defy the odds, or make her succumb to her basest desires?

With your choices, you can decide the outcome of Claire's Quest.

---

ABOUT:

Claire's Quest is an adult roleplaying game made using RPGMaker MV. However, unlike the majority of RPGMaker games, Claire's Quest is devoid of any form of combat. In fact, the game plays more like a Visual Novel being run on an RPG-based engine.

Primary gameplay revolves around interaction. You will spend much of your time exploring, talking, gathering items, and solving the occasional puzzle. The world of Claire's Quest is written around a deep story and rich lore that you can learn more about if you wish, or simply ignore as you go about your journey. There are a huge number of quests in the game, most of which have sex scenes, and many of which have interconnected storylines and branching paths.

Additionally, the driving force behind Claire's Quest are choice and consequence. Unlike many games out there which explicitly state 'your actions have a consequence on the world' but do little to relay it, Claire's Quest is defined by the player's choice having a direct and major impact in Claire's life and in the world she lives in.

We really wanted it to be worth the player's while to play through the game multiple times - but having each time feel like it was a totally new story. As such, the game is extremely non-linear, and depending on what choices you make starting from the very beginning of the game, each playthrough can turn out very differently.

---

GAMEPLAY:

Adult Content
Let's start with the good stuff first! This being an adult game, there are of course, gratuitous amounts of adult content! Much of that content comes in the form of high-quality 2D CG stills with accompanying text. Since the scenes are written faster than the artwork can be created, some scenes are text-only, but we plan to have as many as 100 unique CG + text scenes upon the game's completion!

Hunger & Energy
In the beginning of the game, Claire has Hunger Points (HP) and Energy Points (EP). Having sex or doing strenuous things drains EP, and when you run out of EP you can't have consensual sex or do tiring things anymore (lack of EP doesn't mean you can avoid rape scenes however!) Sleeping restores EP, but will drain HP; eating food restores HP, but buying food costs money; you can perform activities which cost EP that get you money. Hence, HP & EP work basically work together in a continuous loop.

Stats/Attributes
Rather than using combat to resolve quests, Claire must rely on her four primary stats/attributes: Defiance, Depravity, Seduction, and Intrigue. This system is what sets Claire's Quest apart from the majority of adult games out there. The options available to Claire as the game progresses depends on which stats she's chosen to prioritize over the others. An example of how they work can be found below:

1. Defiance is basically an indication of Claire's physical strength and mental fortitude. If Claire is attacked by a group of men intending to gangrape her, a high enough Defiance means that she can fight them off.

2. Depravity basically determines Claire's sexual willingness. At low Depravity, even simple sexual acts like blowjobs will be met with revulsion and rejection by Claire. At higher levels of Depravity, she becomes willing to try increasingly twisted and kinky sexual activities, such as bestiality.

3. Seduction determines how sexually skilled Claire actually is. Being willing to have sex is one thing - actually being good at sex is another. An attractive woman who just lies in bed and doesn't move isn't much of a lay. At low Seduction, Claire will frequently disappoint in bed. Improving her Seduction will not only allow Claire to sexually rock her partner's world, it will also change the text and CG in the scenes. Seduction also determines how attractive other characters find Claire - something that can be exploited to gain additional dialogue choices and options.

4. Intrigue judges Claire's ability and willingness to commit shadowy acts of espionage. Intrigue allows her to do any number of things, from simple acts of lying and stealing to clandestine spy operations and even meticulously planned assassinations.

Exploration and Quests
Claire's Quest is designed to be open-world. After the prologue ends, there are four large islands - Rathpike, Valos, Sorraine, and Trisse - that can be explored at the player's own prerogative. Each island contains a major city-state of the same name, as well as smaller outlying settlements and monster-infested 'wilderness'-type regions. Each island comes with their own set of recurring kinks or fetishes. For example, Rathpike has a focus on bestiality, while Valos has a focus on futanari and bondage. There are numerous quests in each island, and each city-state also comes with their own major storylines that span many missions and directly affect the fate of that particular city-state.

---

PATREON:

Visit our Patreon at

There you'll find all the latest public version downloads, all changelog details, as well as weekly progress blogposts!

Last edited by a moderator:

Distortedjoe

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: Claire's Quest

I'd try it, but it is already telling me the link is down :(

Wattis

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Mediafire deleted the file apparently. Man they are FAST

OP
Architect

Architect

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

EDIT: Yep, that's the problem. Copy and paste the URL. Do not click on it.

Last edited:

Wattis

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

As he suggested. Maybe try copypasting. I've also modified the link a little, and I just logged out of Mediafire and accessed it as anonymous and was able to reach the link. Give it another whirl!
Ah I see, that worked. Thanks!

Shingle

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I got a gamebreaker when I walked into the bar. I had just got the blowjob scene in the barracks and had equiped only the gloves. As soon as I walked through the door it said "I can't leave yet. I'm still working". I then couldn't leave the room.

LikeADragon

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

I had the same problem as pie and quick question, how long is the game suppose to be?

OP
Architect

Architect

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

I have no idea. Its the first version. o.o - You guys are the estimates. I'm guessing an hour, or less? Anyway, thanks for the find guys. Will put it in OP.

neocon1

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I found a few scenes, the blow job in the barracks, and the initial gang rape, i also found a bunch of not implemented stuff, moving the stool in washroom ,horses cum dump, seducing guard in the barracks with weapons and getting groped by old man(add a pic or two to this) spices it up, i love ecchi scenes, not just rraw penetration and gang rape. I also know you can give the aphrodisic to the guy in baracks, but again isnt implemented. I'm not sure how far into this you are, but it may benefit from a scale garden type of approach or witch act, start off with light ecchi scenes(maybe not even penetration) gropping, oggling etc and than move up, i find this adds more depth, and corruption is a turn on for a lot of guys. as for other comments, a lot of your buildings arent solid i.e. you can walk threw them, and the only game breaking thing I found was the pub. I also wouldn't mind a virgin route if possible(adds a challenge to the game for replayability) Other than that its pretty good, and maybe try and find one character and just use her picks, having the gang rape scene display several different girls ruinind it for me, doesn't even have to be the same girl, just same hair color. other than that its good and maybe you could add some escape from the orcs scenes where if they touch you, you get gropped and than raped. Also i liked the addition of other girls, green haired chick in the barracks and the horse girl. adds some variety and allows you to play on the heroines morality. I.E add the option to save them and than fight/take their place. Also good luck on your project, I really look forward to it, It seems well done, I can;t wait to buy a copy on dlsite if you go that route.

OP
Architect

Architect

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Well done! You found quite alot of the scenes! You're actually only missing one more. Go buy beer, drink it, and then use the bar toilet. Save beforehand tho, its a gamebreaker.

The ecchi suggestions and the virgin routes are all nice ideas. I had two people PM me suggesting that already. I'll see if I can't implement it.

neocon1

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Thats how you find it, grrr, i tried looking in all the washrooms, i ripped the files and saw two pics I didnt recongnize, I'm going to go look at that now, and you should, it adds something to the game, a little depth, scenes are better if you dont look at the girl as a simple cum dump but as a person, if that makes any sense.

no?id

Sex Demon
Reputation score

nice :)
keep up the good work man :D

LikeADragon

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

I have no idea. Its the first version. o.o - You guys are the estimates. I'm guessing an hour, or less? Anyway, thanks for the find guys. Will put it in OP.
I feel like this game can actually be longer to like 2-4 hours because I actually like games like this but this is just my opinion

iamnuff

Tentacle God
Reputation score

sounds good, ill take a look.

sexyjesscarr

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

From what I can tell the download is still version 0.1, but the changelog is upto 0.2. Is this right?

...or am I just completely missing how to get past the guards at the beginning?

OP
Architect

Architect

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Yes, version available for download is 0.1; I am working on a release for 0.2 by the end of this week.

Well done Yossarian. I was waiting for somebody to catch the similarity. :D

trees

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

So do we have a date on the next release of this? I must say that this is one game I hope to see completed.