What's new

ACT ROA

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilentSilth

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score
This was posted on the older forum, and I've really enjoyed it ever since I got it. So... here it is again.

I really don't remember most of the stuff that was up here about the old game, but here are the controls:

Menus: Z, X = Select. In the 'newer' version, X gives your character a different color scheme.
Gameplay:
Z = Block. Decreases special meter.
X = Attack. In the older version, most characters can keep attacking without stopping.
C = Special Attack. Presses the combination of right, left, up or down may do something different for certain characters.
D = EPIC attack. Same with the special, pressing the other buttons with it lead to different combinations.

Up is jump, double tapping left or right is sprint. If you hold down, you actually increase your special meter.

Last edited by a moderator:

snoogins21

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: ROA

Is this the game where you are girls (Rydia, Rise, etc.) and you fight a bunch of randomly appearing monsters?

OP
SilentSilth

SilentSilth

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

The monsters seem pretty well coded to be random. It's mostly Manta Ray looking enemies, with a succubi or two thrown in at the end.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I would really like to know what the hell I'm doing wrong when I try to open this game.

OP
SilentSilth

SilentSilth

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

This is why I'm hoping for people who posted this game to talk more about it. I don't know if you need your computer in JApanese Regional Setting (mine's in it constantly now).

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I had every setting possible on Japanese, restarted the computer as such, rechecked them to make sure, and THEN went to megaupload to ensure that it was all done under Japanese settings.

OP
SilentSilth

SilentSilth

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

...Did you unzip it in Japanese?

I know it sounds stupid, but it does matter for some games. Also, what program are you using to unzip it?

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I did everything I possibly could in Japanese, I'm guessing it's the program I'm using, but if I have to do all that AND use something other than RAR, I don't think I wanna do it.

OP
SilentSilth

SilentSilth

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

I just used winzip... and I didn't have to download any extra programs for it.o.o

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Ah, I'd have to.
I'd try it out but I'm not restarting my computer for the 7th time today.

Reputation score

I have the same problems. I've done just about everything short of a demonic rites to try and get this game to run properly, but it never works. I've personally just decided to give up and hope that it runs at whatever unknown point in the future when I trade this years-old piece of crap computer in for a newer one.

OP
SilentSilth

SilentSilth

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

Actually, I think this is based off a MUGEN engine now that I think about it.o.o Do you guys have Queen of Fighters on your computer?

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

I did until the hard drive phailed

OP
SilentSilth

SilentSilth

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

Damn.

I will find a way to fix this!

Reputation score

If you can, that would be greatly appreciated, but for I honestly don't care if you aren't able to. I've long-since accepted that I'll probably never get to play a number of very interesting-looking games (like the Acolyte/High Priest Adventure games). *Shrugs*

I just keep plugging along and looking for games that I can play.

aika

El Presidente
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

It worked for me but I already have it and didn't use that download link.

I thought it was pretty meh; the losing animations / sound effects were quite well done but the gameplay was very very very linear.

hit hit hit hit strong hit hit hit hit hit hit hit hit hit hit hit ((ooh I have some special bar)) special! hit hit hit hit hit hit hit hit

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

Lol isnt most fighting games like that or some variant of that?

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

It worked for me but I already have it and didn't use that download link.

I thought it was pretty meh; the losing animations / sound effects were quite well done but the gameplay was very very very linear.

hit hit hit hit strong hit hit hit hit hit hit hit hit hit hit hit ((ooh I have some special bar)) special! hit hit hit hit hit hit hit hit
What was that other game? The one that went, dodge up, dodge down, center, down, down, up, center, rape, CTRLCTRLCTRLCTRLCTRLCTRLCTRLCTRLCTRL!... dodge down, dodge center... '_'

The fighting is sub par as you would expect, but that's a side issue. After a while it does become a bit too easy granted, and you've got to deliberately fail from time to time for things to happen. Though you can make things more interesting by limiting things or setting little challenges. Clearing the four stages without any penetration (ally too) is fun at least once, partly because it puts that desperation factor back into it again as you manicly try to keep em off your buddy.

That's what I always like best about these games, when things start going wrong, often on a first play before you can master the game. There was a point on the second level, in the cave, where I was starting to get complacent. I'd so far avoided all rapeage, when the two greys came down at once. I didn't know of the special attack then, and got jumped time and time again, shaking them off but not in time to save my friend. Twas cool.

I want to know how to edit this though. From what I gather, there are more versions of this that people have put together. The manta ray thing is just one setup. I saw pictures of goo monsters and other things on that forum linked last time. I just know that there's somehow a way to add and edit stages. The four provided are nice, but only for so long.

Oh, and I wish I could help you guys who can't get it to run, but since it worked first time for me there's not much I can say. I had jap regional settings from the control panel on as always, unzipped in winzip, ran the game, and bingo. Sorry.

gameguru777

Lurker
Reputation score

Wasn't there an RPGesk sort of game out like this as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.