What's new

[RPG MAKER VX ACE] Dangerous Missions: Origin

OP
Lenneth

Lenneth

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Re: [RPG MAKER VX ACE] Dangerous Missions: Origin

As promised, here's the fixed version of the combat from the intro.

Changes:
-Groping attacks now last from 0 to 2 turns (Before it was from 3 to 5)
-Groping attacks occur less often
-Added a struggle Skill on the Suit's features

Overall, after many testing, now the fight ends quickly, lets you see some of the inbattle CG's, and it's not nearly as annoying as it was. Please try it out. And remember it's a lose-lose battle, so mechanics on regular battles will work differently.

Again, sorry about the inconvenience.

EDIT: "Zap" skill will you make impervous to grabs and gropes for a certain number of turns in 0.3. For now it's just there as a placeholder.

Last edited:

freeko

Banned
Reputation score

For an early version of a game, I know there are going to be things that just do not work the way you want them to.

I think the problem is more my expectation of what I was going to see compared to what I ended up getting. Lenneth said that grabs were going to drain the Guts meter before doing HP damage as her original concept. So I can see where grabbing is the main focus of an enemy attack pattern. Crazed mosnters and all wanting to do all the smuttings instead of actually resorting to physical violence.

In this newer version that had the battle only, I could survive for quite some time just powering up. Though I think azure's idea of simply having the battle end after a few rounds could work. Have them grope about Alicia for a few turns and then after a few rounds or Alicia gets knocked out, they simply overpower her and the story goes on with how the original .2 demo ended.

All in all, I see the potential for something good here. Thus the issue for me is, does this potential get realized?

moonblack

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

The new version of the battle ends much faster and is a lot less frustrating.

About the enemies using different skills if Alicia is getting groped: By default enemies can't use skills based on what states affect the player, so you need to use a script (victor has one).

Another way is to make it so that the battle ends when Alicia has 0 MP left. You'll need to check her MP at the end of each combat round.

Also, related to that, you can make it so the grope skills do extra MP damage when Alicia is under the effect of the related state: For example Grope Ass does extra damage if Alicia is under the effect of the Grope Ass state.

Or simply give them a "certain hit" attack that kills the main character for sure (9999 damage and adds Death state) and can be used only after X rounds have passed. For example, set the skill to be used on rounds 5+1*X with rating 10.

barreytor

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

It indeed goes faster now. Though now it feels like you just wandered into an area of a level too high for you.
Not that it's a bad thing. But as freeko said, it might do good to see some sort of improvement on it, but don't focus on it.

OP
Lenneth

Lenneth

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Important updates about the combat system:

New features added:

-Now, if Alicia gets groped, grabbed or molested and her Guts is zero (or lower than the Guts the grab drains) she'll start losing HP instead.

-Now, the nastier the grab is, the lower Alicia's Guts bas has to be for it to be successful. For example: A regular ass grab will be likely to hit even if Alicia is full Guts, but pinning her down will require Alicia to be 50% Guts or less. The enemy will still try it, but if Alicia isn't tired enough, it'll always miss.

Both of these are already up and working, and will be featured in v0.3, to be released before the week's end. Thanks to Barreytor for the help.

Thoughts?

OP
Lenneth

Lenneth

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Mini update:

Fullscreen issue is fixed now, so the black border of death is now no more, forever.

Also, expect v0.3 to come out later today. Despite it's most about "inside workings", there's also quite a bit of new content as well. Just a little more patience!

OP
Lenneth

Lenneth

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

What's new:

-First town and many of its locations available.
-New H-Event.
-New mini H-Event.
-Heroine map sprite changed.
-Game resolution changed to 640x480 so it shows proprly in fullscreen mode. (Special thanks to Freeko)
-Smaller HUD during battles, so images can be seen better. (Special thanks to Barreytor)
-Grabs will now drain LIFE once GUTS is depleted. (Special thanks to Barreytor)
-Power Up skill no longer replenishes health.
-Zap skill now makes you impervous to any grabs for two turns.
-Debug mode.
-Some fixed, some replaced images for both battle and existing events.
-Small changes to some dialogue, maps, and events.

From here, progress will be easier and quicker. As always, please leave your thoughts and ideas. Your feedback matters!

Last edited:

barreytor

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

It's definitely interesting, but I'm going to say I wouldn't mind waiting a bit more between updates if that would mean more content gets added between versions.

freeko

Banned
Reputation score

I don't think I agree. For now, a minor change could have a huge impact throughout the rest of the game. So having smaller updates that highlight changes along with some manner of update to show progress is perfectly fine in my opinion for now.

When things start to ramp up, and alot of the basic infrastructure is in place, then you can spread out the updates because its all going to be alot more substantial at that point.

barreytor

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

I was thinking more on the side of "It does feel like adding too little new stuff right now", but I didn't mean that I'd rather wait a week and get five updates worth of content.

freeko

Banned
Reputation score

I think you missed the point of this last update then. Alot was changed from the other versions.

barreytor

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

I'm not saying that there aren't a lot more upgrades and new content compared with the previous version, It's just... Nevermind.

OP
Lenneth

Lenneth

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

You both got a point, actually, as I explain on my . Check it out, I also added a poll regarding enemies, so please put your two cents if you can, I'd be very grateful.

moonblack

Reputation score

I had a quick look at version 0.3 and noticed that two of the buildings in the village look weird:
1) The inn looks like a very high and very narrow tower due to having a roof that is just 2 tiles wide
2) The manor where you get missions is also like that: The roof is just 2 tiles wide, so the building looks very narrow

Some of the interior walls also seem wrong, but that might be due to those maps being incomplete.

OP
Lenneth

Lenneth

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Sneak peek at some v0.4 changes/new content, wich I'm trying to release today, tomorrow tops.

Also @Moonblack could you please tell me with interiors look wrong? I'll check them out.

OP
Lenneth

Lenneth

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

What's new:

-Two full missions from the Guild.
-Two new H-Scenes (10 new CG's between the two.)
-Light changes in some skills.
-Some map tinkering.
-Several glitches fixed.
-A little proofreading in some text.
-Other small changes.

What to expect in 0.5:

-All five normal missions from the Guild fully available.
-A whole new area.
-New H-Attacks.
-New H-Scenes.
-New NPC's.
-More Town houses available.
-More map fixing (There is some half baked stuff in 0.4, like the Inn's roof.)
-More proofreading.
-?

As always, enjoy, try, and give me your feedback.

barreytor

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

If you fail the second mission then, after the whole event, the screen fades to black then stays that way.
That looks like you used a "tint" event action so you could fade to black yet still show text, but forgot to use another one to remove the tint. it's an easy fix.
For some reason the first time I tried it (straight away with 1 hp) the fight picture didn't show. Probably some dumb error or something.

OP
Lenneth

Lenneth

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Thanks for pointing that out, I'll fix it right away!

OP
Lenneth

Lenneth

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Version 0.4a released. Just a minor release with some fixes and reballancing.

What's new:
-Black screen glitch after failing second mission fixed.
-Groping attacks effects now last from 1 to 2 turns (From 0 to 2 in v0.4).
-Zap Skill effects now last 3 turns (From 2 in v0.4).
-Minor battle text and event sound fixes.

moonblack

Reputation score

I'll comment more later, but for now I'll just point out that if you successfully capture the inn pervert you get 1000 gold despite the text saying 500.