What's new

ACT [barreytor] Omega Defender Karen

barreytor

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
The game is now released and

Omega Defender Karen is a hold-the-line defense game where you play as Karen and there's sprite sex when you fail at defensing.
There's also a series of unlockable 3d-rendered CGs.

The game automatically saves your progress every 5 waves per-difficulty so you can take a break and come back later.

I've been a while making a game, and since it's the kind of game that might get people around here to look at it, I thought I'd go and make a thread.
It's a defense style game, where waves and waves of enemies come at you and you have to try and last as long as you can.
And when you can't, sprite sex happens. Not going to have gameover CGs, just sprites. Also it'll be intended to be played only with a mouse.

I wish I had a demo ready to see, but I'm still tweaking some bits here and there of the gameplay, which is esentially simple but rather complex at the same time.
Unlike other h-games I've seen that have you defend a thing (I can't recall any right now), the upgrading wouldn't be done after losing, and only to see the effects in a new game, but every game would have you start from scratch and you'd have to try to get as far as you can.

If you have any tips/suggestions/anything you want to say, I'll be listening.
And yes, I do know I¡ll have to put in a way to unlock the gallery animations either by cheat code, something that's not losing to the enemies, or any other way to not make completing the gallery annoying as hell. (First I'll have to lock it though)

EDIT: Links rechecked! Now they should work!
EDIT: Now has most of the content to be featured in
EDIT: Another, newer demo I had around! With CGs!

I'm currently working on a different game, but I'll eventually get back here and finish this one.

Last edited by a moderator:

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Omega Defender Karen

Surprised no one commented on this yet :3
edit...oh its only an hour old....damn fb inconsistencies

Last edited:

Maryel

Lurker
Reputation score

interested in how many time will be full and ready =3

OP
barreytor

barreytor

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

That depends on how hard I manage to push myself into working and making it fun. It's going to be a short game, so it technically should take a short time, most of it thinking/spriting enemies and sex anims for those enemies.

If anybody has a suggestion about an enemy kind they'd like to see, I kinda need the ideas.

saviliana

Sex Demon
Reputation score

What enemy will we see in game?
Is there any beast or insect or alien or zombie or other things other then human?

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

What enemy will we see in game?
Is there any beast or insect or alien or zombie or other things other then human?
dildo tank :3 also he will probably add anything as long as it fits his miniplot

OP
barreytor

barreytor

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Insects I doubt it very much. Alien... Probably not too.
Zombie is too broad of a term form me to say yes or no (heck you could say those enemies in that pic are already zombies), and as for beast, I can't really picture what you had in mind.

And "fits the miniplot" could be anything, thank you.
For now all I have is male armored human, female armored human and something that that could be said looks like a small tank with a dildo instead of a cannon.

OP
barreytor

barreytor

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Just got the gallery locking and unlocking done, now I have to tweak a thing or two about the gameplay and I'll be set to release a demo.
Still not sure about the total amount of content I'll fit in though.

OP
barreytor

barreytor

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Took a slight bit longer than I expected it to, but I think I got a demo working.
Controls should be easy and they're explained right there in the title screen.

Last edited:

Lenneth

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

It's a very fun and addicting little game, and the animations look really nice! Go for it and finish this! Looking real good so far.

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Seems neat, and plays pretty well.

daemonhany

Lurker
Reputation score

Nice game the sprite-h is really good!

The gallery unlock mechanic is smart, good job

But I found something that is wierd probably in the game mechanics
I got to level 17 only upgrading the gun then decided to try upgrading the wall

so I played level 18 and upgraded once the regeneration and a lot the wall damage

the next buy shows

regeneration:781.25$
Wall damage: 596.05 $

And I couldn't lose after that I left the game playing in the back ground and haven't fired a single bullet after or upgraded the wall, it's wave 24 and the wall is holding just fine.

And even that was fun to findout, but I doubt that was by design.

Oh, and Return to menu button, would be really nice.

OP
barreytor

barreytor

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Yess... I was supposed to cut the wall damage a ton...

Updated.

I'll see to make a "return to menu" button in the shop options soon too, but I want to make sure of making it in a way that it's not accidentally clickable and/or requires a confirmation.

moonblack

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Here's another screenshot for you. This one is on Hard difficulty (the one I posted on Hongfire was on Normal). On Hard the first few waves are difficult and too many mistakes can cost you the game, especially since upgrades are costly. But after you make the first few damage upgrades the game becomes as easy as on Normal. I had to stop on wave 20 due to real life issues (since I see no Save option), but I could have made it much further than that.

Attachments

OP
barreytor

barreytor

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

So the problem is that your killing power scales faster than the enemies' durability, is what I get from that. Is that right?

moonblack

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Either that or the later enemies give a little too much money while the first few waves give too little.

In any case the way things are now I see no need for any of the unavailable upgrades. Maybe once there are more types of enemies that will change, but for now damage and fire rate are more than enough.

OP
barreytor

barreytor

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Yeah, I'm planning to add enemies with gimmicks or special effects, but I see what you mean with some of the unimplemented upgrades being pointless.
Explosive bullets? Why, when I could just shoot MORE bullets!
Poison effect bullets? Or get the same effect by shooting ANOTHER bullet!
Probably remove the "nothing" and the "randomness" and replace A.P. shots with faster moving bullets. And make the damage upgrade button more in-your-face because off all the possible upgrades is THE upgrade. (I might downgrade the damage upgrade a bit though)

Though as of now I'm still making up the list of enemies, I created 32 save-slots for gallery unlocks and I'll probably end up using all of them. Maybe even some extra "boss" enemies or something too, at the end of predefined waves?
Still not sure.

Btw, the money enemies give is proportional to their health, which goes up every wave. I might add a damage reduction value to some enemies to make them feel like they have more health but not giving out that much money... Or something. I'm still not sure about this either.

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Yeah, I'm planning to add enemies with gimmicks or special effects, but I see what you mean with some of the unimplemented upgrades being pointless.
Explosive bullets? Why, when I could just shoot MORE bullets!
Poison effect bullets? Or get the same effect by shooting ANOTHER bullet!
Probably remove the "nothing" and the "randomness" and replace A.P. shots with faster moving bullets. And make the damage upgrade button more in-your-face because off all the possible upgrades is THE upgrade. (I might downgrade the damage upgrade a bit though)

Though as of now I'm still making up the list of enemies, I created 32 save-slots for gallery unlocks and I'll probably end up using all of them. Maybe even some extra "boss" enemies or something too, at the end of predefined waves?
Still not sure.

Btw, the money enemies give is proportional to their health, which goes up every wave. I might add a damage reduction value to some enemies to make them feel like they have more health but not giving out that much money... Or something. I'm still not sure about this either.
adding ceil(maxhp*0.8) would be good enough i recon

OP
barreytor

barreytor

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Probably, maybe, I'd have to try out either cutting it directly or setting up a different way to set up the money. Maybe every enemy gives a set amount, and that goes up per wave? I don't really know either.

On something completely different, I just got confirmation of my DLSite account being created. I could send it right now (well, not really, I'd need some pics) but the main thing holding me back is the fact that I need to set up the price tag. And that the demo is bland and lacking in content. I'm working on that second part (maybe getting 25~30 enemies?), but I'm going to ask for help on the price thing.

I set up a poll in with what I can earn per sale and how much would it cost in DLSite, roughly.
There's all the options ranging from $0.5 ($3) to $4.3 ($10), because fees are whoa. Whatever ends up being the price for DLSite, I'll use as a basis for the non-dlsite price.

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I reckon somewhere between £2.20 and £4 would be a fair price for your game, your sprites are good, and though the gameplay is limited it's still probably good for an hour or two :)

good luck with sales