What's new

Aegis Thousand Year War - DMM Online Game

exkale

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Aegis Thousand Year War - DMM Online Game

It seems like Momiji's cost was reduced by 1

My main exp farming map 戦場の群狼 was changed. Previously it gave 350 exp and level 5 units at 28 charisma. Now it's 24 charisma and 316 exp as well. The unit drops are level 13 now. This is amazing :D

Last edited:

Anelai

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Let me show you my party:

My Hores and Azami (my mistake making Azami 42) are waiting for plat fairies to CC them (I have tons of plat armors from Claudia event waiting for dinner).
I was missing some nice soldiers, fortunately I managed to get Claudia with 6/10 skill. I am also leveling Iris now to have 3 reliable healers if needed (lvl 30 before CC now)
I've decided to AW my Aria first (+1% ATK sound pretty good), another CC Aria is waiting to be eaten (need one more gold fairy).

What do you think? Should I level my party more before even thinking of AW?

Last edited:

crow_mw

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Before I jump to new event - few remarks on rogues.

I think they are entirely optional for a new player. The random factor that you introduce to your attempts makes it harder to spot what is the real problem if you are failing a map.

While I have completed the story mode and few events without using a rogue, from a perspective assassinate could have been useful to dispose black armors in few of the final story maps. And perhaps this is a remark important to new players - assassinate is the key feature of rogue and probably the only reason you would use them over something more reliable. It may be worth noting in the new player introduction to give assassinate a shot, as it lands way more often than one would expect.

However, eventually you want to have an awakened gold rogue Betty in your 'default' team, to farm gold for you. It is unlikely, that you will want more than one rogue, so putting a lot of effort in leveling a rogue (even the platinum one) is not a good long term investment.

---------------

Onto new event:

I confirm that Azami is now -2 cost.

I also don't understand the magical guardians daily removed comment. Do we now loose the ability to farm red gems (other than solo/dual battle)?

FruitSmoothie

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Let me show you my party:

What do you think? Should I level my party more before even thinking of AW?
Yes, I'd say you should level your units more first. Awakening one unit isn't as useful as your entire party being more reliable. I tried to get all my main roster to 50/40 (CC'd at 50, leveled to 40 after CC) before I worried about AW (Witches don't matter as much and can be at like 30). Getting units to 30-40 after CC is a breeze and an easy power up for your team, you shouldn't leave them so low after CC. For your first awakening anyways, I'd say you should aim for a healer, 1% attack isn't going to save you but an AW Iris might.

There are enemy units that can stun and debuff your team that an AW'd healer can cure sooner. AW Iris has a full party heal when she's placed that is EXTREMELY useful, don't underestimate it, especially on poison maps or desert maps that start your units off with half health. You're smart to start working on a 3rd healer. Hell there are some maps that require 4, and 3 is quite common now.

Last edited:

Petite Soeur

Tentacle God
Reputation score

There's too many unit changes, it's hard for me to keep up. The most important thing is that they improved Monica, Kyuteri, and Robert so that you will want to bring these guys with you now, since they get their awakened ability in all of their promotions (albeit in a much weaker state normal and class-changed).

I also don't understand the magical guardians daily removed comment. Do we now loose the ability to farm red gems (other than solo/dual battle)?
They're removing all of the daily maps that drop magic crystals during the next update. This includes both the Tuesday and Thursday maps. They moved the Tuesday maps to Thursday to give us one last chance to farm it. I don't know what they have planned for the future in regards to magic crystals, but hopefully it's a change for the better (the high-tier Tuesday map is such a slog to get through for me).

EDIT:
The new Oasis map seems to be better than Rural Gate according to some Japanese players. Though, I don't have any math to support this yet.

Last edited:

FruitSmoothie

Tentacle God
Reputation score

There's too many unit changes, it's hard for me to keep up. The most important thing is that they improved Monica, Kyuteri, and Robert so that you will want to bring these guys with you now, since they get their awakened ability in all of their promotions (albeit in a much weaker state normal and class-changed).

They're removing all of the daily maps that drop magic crystals during the next update. This includes both the Tuesday and Thursday maps. They moved the Tuesday maps to Thursday to give us one last chance to farm it. I don't know what they have planned for the future in regards to magic crystals, but hopefully it's a change for the better (the high-tier Tuesday map is such a slog to get through for me).
Damn time to start using Monica. Well this is scary, I still haven't had a chance to obtain a copy of Spica or get the AW fairy I need for Betty. I wonder if I can afford to farm magic crystals a bit with these new story mission crystals without hurting my chance of finishing Anya. Bklsdjfsd.

74 magic crystals
180 dragon crystals
11 crystals

Final destination D: I know I'll get more crystals from story missions and events before the Anya event ends, but it's risky, especially because I want to prioritize Spica since she's limited. 126 magic crystals needed for her.

Last edited:

Anelai

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Thank you FruitSmoothie for your feedback.

- Leveling Iris will be much faster with this new maps drops :) I've noticed that I hardly need 3rd healer just a week ago, before that I could easily live with 2 of them... (for some random situations I have second silver healer on lvl 30)
- Dora-Dora (silver healer, I have my own names for some characters cos I dont remember real ones) have to stay on 48 lvl since I should feed her more with her copies (-1 sortie with 3/5 skill, what a failure...)
- Pirate Monica - I though she is better until I CC'd her. She needs to be replaced by maybe witch or 3rd healer. I don't like her as much as I though, that's why she is stuck on 50CC9. Maybe now I should give her second chance.
- The rest of them are between 30-40 except Valerie and Claire, all CC'd on 50.
- Fun fact: I ate quite few Misha's to make her minimal cost and accedentally I've made her 5/5 skill.
- My Carrie (with copy) is also waiting for better times to CC her. Same with Cecily (as I wrote above, I really like rogues).

Crap about these crystals... I still need like 70 to grab my second Spica (and someday I will make party full of Archers :D)

exkale

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I really like the changes to the map drops. Being able to use the Bronze units immediately for feeding without having to level them up is nice. 1000 exp for 2 level 12 bronze and 2 fairies is nice. An added bonus is that I can sell the iron units for 300 gold a piece :D

broken_wings

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

too much changes to units, idk what to do to farm anymore @.@ *hides under the bed*

Anelai

Tentacle God
Reputation score

For second story map completion we've got pirate

Kroset

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

For those of you still using her, Roana the avenger now costs 2 less (16, down from 18).

I actually spent 4 crystals on Tuesday farming red gems - at 153 now. While I'd love to cost down Spica, I also have 2 more units I want to awaken. Guess I'm close enough to 200 to just wait for the change they'll bring to red gem acquisition. I also hope it's a change for the better.

FruitSmoothie

Tentacle God
Reputation score

For those of you still using her, Roana the avenger now costs 2 less (16, down from 18).

I actually spent 4 crystals on Tuesday farming red gems - at 153 now. While I'd love to cost down Spica, I also have 2 more units I want to awaken. Guess I'm close enough to 200 to just wait for the change they'll bring to red gem acquisition. I also hope it's a change for the better.
I'm going to go with it will be buffs to magic crystal acquisition. This update is a HUGE boost to ease of play all around. Everybody got cost reductions and buffs, new story missions and higher level unit drops that make leveling units easier, new maps for more crystals and silvers, etc, etc.

I can't see why they'd make obtaining magic crystals even more difficult than it already is when they're making everything else easier. Magic crystals have always been the most difficult part of the AW process already. The only thing that worried me is that they put the magic crystal dailies on the same day, but that could just be to try to get people to rush to farm them out of fear :p I don't really understand why they're removing them instead of just improving the drop rates though, but I trust Aegis to not crap on us. They've really improved the game with this update after all.

Last time they were going to remove magic crystal units from the shop, they warned us. If they were removing our only way to reliably obtain magic crystals for long enough that we wouldn't be able to obtain anybody from that shop for a long time, you'd think they'd tell us. So I think whatever they're doing with them should be implemented soon. I'll try not to panic rush magic crystals (Red gems).

That was nice of them to do that for Roana as well, she really needed some love. Buff all the cute dark skinned chicks~ At least she's more on the viable list now.

Last edited:

arisato minato

Reputation score

I stuck at the piramid map. Enemies came wave after wave with all the demonic spider like sand worm, demon, Mummy, dragon.

Not to mention the map sap half your unit HP upon deploy.

exkale

Tentacle God
Reputation score

After multiple tries, I finally did it!

演習:魔女の宴
youtu.be/7Kk7Hk8f56Y

All units used are level 1 and are obtainable by level 8

crow_mw

Reputation score

The Battlefield of boiling sand ( 熱砂の戦場 ) is 1950/25 = 78 gold per charisma, which is better than Rural (75). (Note, that at least the next two maps have worse gold/charisma, though still better than Rural).

However running Rural two times (which costs 1 charisma less than the new map) nets you only 150g less - a number that will easily be overtaken by gold you get from Betty kills.

If you don't have Betty, the 150g difference is also easily overtaken by selling one iron you get from Rural. New map drops more bronze units, but one bronze unit is worth less (500g) than two iron units you get from running Rural (600).

While a level 12 solider is worth less than two level 3 soldiers (95 exp vs 100) you save quite a nice sum of gold by eating less units. This, depending on target unit level, can easily exceed 2k gold per unit eaten. Moreover apparently new maps can drop multiple bronze units, while old ones drop at most 1. Without giving exact number, I believe this saving exceeds even the amount of gold you gain from Betty kills.

So, tl;dr; - for pure gold farming Rural is still better. If, however, you eat all your drops new map is better (except maybe for leveling very low level targets).

broken_wings

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

thx for the advice, i wonder how strong the helper units for the awaken orb maps are anyways

Petite Soeur

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Mikoto actually had a much more dramatic change to her class:

While deployed, Mikoto will you let you deploy Shiki that have stats based on Mikoto's level. They can't be healed, but letting them die won't count against a star. Mikoto can have at most 3 of these things deployed.

EDIT:
Stage Data Comparison (/w Noel):
Mission Name (experience per charisma/gold per charisma):
Base Struggle 2nd (14.5/81.67): 40CHA; 580EXP; 3267GOLD; 20FOOD
Base Struggle 1st (14.27/80.19): 36CHA; 514EXP; 2887GOLD; 18FOOD
Lurking Monsters (14.24/81.48): 33CHA; 470EXP; 2689GOLD; 17FOOD
Scorching Oasis (14.2/83.03): 30CHA; 426EXP; 2491GOLD; 15FOOD
Ruined Capital (14.07/83.67): 28CHA; 394EXP; 2343GOLD; 13FOOD
Battleground (14/85.8): 25CHA; 350EXP; 2145GOLD; 12FOOD

Undead Monsters (13.42/117.85): 42CHA; 564EXP; 4950GOLD; 20FOOD
Road to Capital (12.77/81): 22CHA; 281EXP; 1782GOLD; 9FOOD
Rural Gate (10.25/82.5): 12CHA; 123EXP; 990GOLD; 3FOOD
Fire Dragon (13.41/93.64): 34CHA; 456EXP; 3465GOLD; 17FOOD
Dragon Hunting (13.43/101.91): 37CHA; 497EXP; 3960GOLD; 18FOOD
Extermination 3 (13.33/99): 30CHA; 400EXP; 2970GOLD; 16FOOD
Extermination 2 (12.36/83.22): 22CHA; 272EXP; 1831GOLD; 7FOOD
Lookout Tower (13.16/87.12): 25CHA; 329EXP; 2178GOLD; 13FOOD

Last edited:

FruitSmoothie

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Mikoto actually had a much more dramatic change to her class:

While deployed, Mikoto will you let you deploy Shiki that have stats based on Mikoto's level. They can't be healed, but letting them die won't count against a star. Mikoto can have at most 3 of these things deployed.
Lol they took my idea finally, I guessed it'd be on a black unit, daww. Well at least they've paved the way for other units to potentially have that kind of ability. Really neat.

arisato minato

Reputation score

The black guest unit for daily AW orb map is just too awesome. It make the map much much easier to clear.

FruitSmoothie

Tentacle God
Reputation score

The black guest unit for daily AW orb map is just too awesome. It make the map much much easier to clear.
Carebear awaken dailies, interesting. Well I didn't bother trying to 3 star them before so free crystals now. I wonder if they'll all have a black unit like that. Pretty sure my team is strong enough to 3 star most of them now anyways but yeah, today's was a lot easier.