What's new

OP
KleptoLizard

KleptoLizard

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Re: Renfield

When do you think you will have a playable version ready?
Pretty soon actually.
It will still be very unfinished with grayboxy stuff sticking out everywhere.
I just need to balance some encounters so that you can progress from the start to level 30.

I can't stress enough that the first playable pre-alphas will have countless little bugs and missing features.

Brassyandclassy

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I can't stress enough that the first playable pre-alphas will have countless little bugs and missing features.
At this rate I'm just praying that whatever demo you put out can be played on my potato computer :D There's bound to be glitches and bugs in alpha releases anyway, I doubt anyone expects a large game like this to run flawlessly on its first release.

OP
KleptoLizard

KleptoLizard

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

At this rate I'm just praying that whatever demo you put out can be played on my potato computer :D
Unity has built in performance/graphic settings.
If you have trouble running it, we can adjust so that the lower levels use the bare minimum texture resolution etc.
So ultimately most people should be able to play.

OP
KleptoLizard

KleptoLizard

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Making decent progress in placing and organizing encounters.
It takes a lot of repetitive testing to achieve a balanced difficulty/leveling curve.

I've also hired the first scenario writer.
By the time the playable pre-alpha is ready we should have a simple opening dialogue.

OP
KleptoLizard

KleptoLizard

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Hour after hour after hour of data entry....
Filling in potions, loot tables, encounter and event tables.
The combat areas have been tested up to level 10.
I'm going to try and balance it up to level 30 before releasing the playable demo.

OP
KleptoLizard

KleptoLizard

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Okay so I have the raw sound files for the H-scenes.
I just recorded one of those XXX phone chats.
They were very understanding and took direction quite well.

But I understand that for many H-players there's a strong preference for Japanese voice actresses.
So does anyone have a favorite?
I can contact them and hire them unless they cost a fortune.

MrMe

Lurker
Reputation score

I'll help you test, shoot me a PM

Btw, I'm personally sick of japanese voices now, high pitch squeals and trying to sound as young as possible have worn incredibly thin.

Western voices like in Paperheads sound much more distinctive.

textbook703

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Okay so I have the raw sound files for the H-scenes.
I just recorded one of those XXX phone chats.
They were very understanding and took direction quite well.

But I understand that for many H-players there's a strong preference for Japanese voice actresses.
So does anyone have a favorite?
I can contact them and hire them unless they cost a fortune.
I would be shocked to hear that there is a preference for Japanese voice actresses. I and every male I've ever spoken to on the subject absolutely despise the shrieking, squealing, screeching you hear from females in Japanese erotica of any kind.

OP
KleptoLizard

KleptoLizard

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Btw, I'm personally sick of japanese voices now, high pitch squeals and trying to sound as young as possible have worn incredibly thin.
I and every male I've ever spoken to on the subject absolutely despise the shrieking, squealing, screeching you hear from females in Japanese erotica of any kind.
Hmmm....
Well it's a good thing I plan to have both eventually.
I want players to be able to choose language for both voice and text.

By the way, some of the audio quality from a previous H-recording wasn't very good so I've found a new voice actress who's agreed to help.
Does anyone have any advice, suggestions or preferences in this regard?

I've been stressing about the direction/instructions I give to the voice actresses.
I'm stressing a variety of intensity and emotional reactions.
But I'm trying to find a replete "template" that I can give to a voice actress that covers all our bases.

OP
KleptoLizard

KleptoLizard

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

I've been working on locations, events and encounters.
Right now two artists have been hired to make icons for the world map and background CGs for cutscenes.
Many scenes will unfold in the classic visual novel style.
Meanwhile I've hired a scenario writer who has written a prologue and one of the encounters.
Things are coming together. Still a lot to do.

Stranger

Lurker
Reputation score

Correct me if i'm wrong: have you switched to male only main character? or is there a possibility of a female main character?

I, personally, rarely like H games with male MC...

Brassyandclassy

Demon Girl
Reputation score

He's switched to a shota for a protagonist and is keeping it that way, but damn a game like this with with a loli protagonist would be amazing...

OP
KleptoLizard

KleptoLizard

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Correct me if i'm wrong: have you switched to male only main character? or is there a possibility of a female main character?

I, personally, rarely like H games with male MC...
I'm starting out with male only.
Don't get me wrong: I'd love to include a variety of different options when it comes to character choice but the game already is taking too long.
Female MC is a high priority but not as high as an actual release.
It'll definitely be in an update.

Stranger

Lurker
Reputation score

Priorities are good.

I, myself, prefer a female MC but it is your game and it is up to you.
Good to know that it is planned :)

Good luck with the project, it will be interesting to see what you make of it!

colasCageNi

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

I tried to lurk this thread but that didn't help me. My question is if this game will be an rpg with h-elements or a h-game itself? By that i mean if the combat includes h-game mechanics like you fight against female bandits or something like this.

Brassyandclassy

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I tried to lurk this thread but that didn't help me. My question is if this game will be an rpg with h-elements or a h-game itself? By that i mean if the combat includes h-game mechanics like you fight against female bandits or something like this.
From the first few pages of the thread it seems to be "Go beat up some bad girls (Witches and the like) and you can fuck 'em if you want"-type game, with a few more friendly NPCs you can screw with. I don't think there is any combat h-system going on here. Just read the thread, you should be able to figure it out (saying this since I'm not even quite sure what exactly you're trying to ask).

OP
KleptoLizard

KleptoLizard

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

From the first few pages of the thread it seems to be "Go beat up some bad girls (Witches and the like) and you can fuck 'em if you want"-type game, with a few more friendly NPCs you can screw with. I don't think there is any combat h-system going on here. Just read the thread, you should be able to figure it out (saying this since I'm not even quite sure what exactly you're trying to ask).
Yeah for the most part combat and H-scenes are separate.

OP
KleptoLizard

KleptoLizard

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Originally the plan was to have all the girls as boss mobs that you overcame.
Now the relationships will be more complicated since I hired a scenario writer.

colasCageNi

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

From the first few pages of the thread it seems to be "Go beat up some bad girls (Witches and the like) and you can fuck 'em if you want"-type game, with a few more friendly NPCs you can screw with (...) you should be able to figure it out (saying this since I'm not even quite sure what exactly you're trying to ask).
Yep, I should've asked this in more detail but that doesn't matter since you 've answered my question.

Just read the thread
Dunno. It would be more pleasent to have this kind of information in OP's first post than somewhere in page 3 or 4.

OP
KleptoLizard

KleptoLizard

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Dunno. It would be more pleasent to have this kind of information in OP's first post than somewhere in page 3 or 4.
I'll update the first post.
If there's anything else you want to know, I appreciate questions/comments/requests/criticisms of any kind.