What's new

RPG Unknown/Hiatus Malise and the Machine - Public Demo Available Now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrazyPerson

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Re: Malise and the Machine (New RPG!)

Is this game got the system where If your not a patron you get the game for free a version earlier? Or is it just "BUY MY GAME THOUGH PATRON AND LOSE MONEY" type of game? Seriously Last month 40 peoples accounts got hacked because of Patron not letting the option for PayPal. I rest my case.
I speak internet. Attempted translation:

- Is this a project where there is a public download that lags behind the patreon download by one version?
- Or is it a project where people can only obtain the game through periodic patreon payments, spending way more money on a game in total than a regular game release costs?
- Frustration about patreon not allowing paypal for these projects, causing more problems. [Ed: Unable to find a source for the "40 peoples accounts got hacked" story, so unclear if this is a reference to a credit card leak, or just creative frustration about people locked to paypal being unable to participate at all]
- Smug conclusion

GDerp

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Decided to pledge today, not sure if I made it in time for the new release though.

CrazyPerson

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Decided to pledge today, not sure if I made it in time for the new release though.
Check these two pages:

if one of them lists "for Malise and the Machine V0.02 Release", you did, otherwise you didn't.

Considering that post is dated June 30th, it's unlikely you caught it with a pledge made today.
But bear in mind that this project charges by update, not by month, so you will not be charged until the next release.

nonameforme

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Another clarification question that seem to bother people (and also for myself to be 100% sure, due to the way that each 'new update download' will be bonded with the pledge).

So if people just pledge 10$ for [2 times pledge], or 20$ [1 time pledge]
>> If said person decide to stop further pledge for further update. That person will still automatically got access to ALL later demo or update or not.
(Or we got the right to download only the version that we happen to be pledged to)

>>And will that person still got access to the "final un-censor product" or not, if he decide to only pledge for total of 20$ and stop further pledge (regarding of 0.x version that may be boned to each independent pledges).

I hope my question is not so confusing.

Clorox

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

@nonameforme

By my understanding I believe if you pledge $10 twice or just at least $20 you get the full game uncensored when it releases.

However if you decide to stop your patronage you forfeit up coming releases and notes.
eg. you don't get to play the following demos that are released and you don't get information from the news feed anymore.

Last edited:

krisslanza

Lurker
Reputation score

So I must be like... completely retarded but I swear in the demo after I get the keycard and the note I... can never figure out where to go from there. I'm losing my miiiiiiind.

Allucard88

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Hey guys anyone can help me here or give me a hint im so stuck atm im at the beginning where i have to do something with the switches i read the note but it doesnt help me at all and im running out of sp and medikits plz help.

nanaya1234

Lurker
Reputation score

So aside from system changes and such is there any new content?

PM21

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

So aside from system changes and such is there any new content?
Yes. They're listed on the previous page.

As for the note. 1 is on, 0 is off. If you're not sure which position is on, process of elimination.

If you're lost, go to the first area and look for a switch.

Allucard88

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Yes. They're listed on the previous page.

As for the note. 1 is on, 0 is off. If you're not sure which position is on, process of elimination.

If you're lost, go to the first area and look for a switch.
Thx i found the combo was doing it backwards i went all the way to the right instead starting from the left.

PM21

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Thx i found the combo was doing it backwards i went all the way to the right instead starting from the left.
You're welcome. If anyone is still confused about anything, I don't want to say the solutions in the thread because I'm of the mind that some people would still like to figure it out for their self rather than be told the solution directly,.So if my hints above aren't enough and you want to be told directly, feel free to pm.

Timmy!

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

You're welcome. If anyone is still confused about anything, I don't want to say the solutions in the thread because I'm of the mind that some people would still like to figure it out for their self rather than be told the solution directly,.So if my hints above aren't enough and you want to be told directly, feel free to pm.
You can use the spoiler tag for that.
Like this :D

I wonder if Eromancer is considering specific gameover cg for different circumstances. This would be the perfect game if for example, it shows you the aftermath for when you lose to those vorepups :p

Last edited:

PM21

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Finally at a point where I can type out impressions for this release.

All the system changes and shading made the game run and appear much smoother this time. The new graphics added are great and the new H path for Vorepups is wonderful. Was a little surprised it ended in a KO but at least I can enjoy the better parts of the sequence before KO with time to break free, so that's a plus.

Real glad armor breaks are in now, now I just have to wait patiently for Neon to get some more attention since she's on track to be my Hentaifu. One note on that which at this point I feel like I can assume is on your to do list is that armor damage is not reflected on the border portraits in the overworld. I was hoping we would see the Valkyrie and Light Frame outfits by now since you've been teasing them for so long, but I feel good that we will see them soon.

I still want to go back and test it myself, but are named attacks like 'shred' and 'grenade' aimed at destroying armor? I don't recall seeing a durability stat and I'm away from my computer so I can't look so can anyone confirm if there is one? I realize it's only .02 so a lot of systems still haven't been implemented yet, so I'm curious if repair kits will be a thing or a repair skill.

Best of all, I didn't encounter any bugs this time.

Either way, really looking forward to .03 now because if I recall correctly, that will be the basis for the public demo. In the meantime, I'm anxious for the sort of things the Inner Circle will be shown. This game feels like it's going to be huge and I don't plan on getting off of this ride anytime soon.

SoulBreaka

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Oh man i was hoping for penetration this time during battle unlike the boss fights one although i saw the changelog. Was just hoping abit more but its great so far.

Jondude1

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Man the wait is killing me! My pledge went through but no link for me yet. Pretty excited though!

OP
Eromancer

Eromancer

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Was actually looking for that page. Thanks for the links.

Looks like I missed it.

Damn my hesitation :p
There's actually an alternate way to get your pledge to me! If you give me your Patreon name I can send you a message with details. This goes for anyone that has missed the deadline by the way.

Another clarification question that seem to bother people (and also for myself to be 100% sure, due to the way that each 'new update download' will be bonded with the pledge).

So if people just pledge 10$ for [2 times pledge], or 20$ [1 time pledge]
>> If said person decide to stop further pledge for further update. That person will still automatically got access to ALL later demo or update or not.
(Or we got the right to download only the version that we happen to be pledged to)

>>And will that person still got access to the "final un-censor product" or not, if he decide to only pledge for total of 20$ and stop further pledge (regarding of 0.x version that may be boned to each independent pledges).

I hope my question is not so confusing.
Hello and sorry for the late response! Zackery3737 (the post below yours) actually answers your questions perfectly.

So I must be like... completely retarded but I swear in the demo after I get the keycard and the note I... can never figure out where to go from there. I'm losing my miiiiiiind.
If you go south of where the battle occurs in which you receive the Access Card, you'll see a panel on the wall beneath where you're standing. You have to get to that panel and use the Access Card to proceed beyond the laser gates you'll run into later. Hopefully that helps some!

Finally at a point where I can type out impressions for this release.

All the system changes and shading made the game run and appear much smoother this time. The new graphics added are great and the new H path for Vorepups is wonderful. Was a little surprised it ended in a KO but at least I can enjoy the better parts of the sequence before KO with time to break free, so that's a plus.

Real glad armor breaks are in now, now I just have to wait patiently for Neon to get some more attention since she's on track to be my Hentaifu. One note on that which at this point I feel like I can assume is on your to do list is that armor damage is not reflected on the border portraits in the overworld. I was hoping we would see the Valkyrie and Light Frame outfits by now since you've been teasing them for so long, but I feel good that we will see them soon.

I still want to go back and test it myself, but are named attacks like 'shred' and 'grenade' aimed at destroying armor? I don't recall seeing a durability stat and I'm away from my computer so I can't look so can anyone confirm if there is one? I realize it's only .02 so a lot of systems still haven't been implemented yet, so I'm curious if repair kits will be a thing or a repair skill.

Best of all, I didn't encounter any bugs this time.

Either way, really looking forward to .03 now because if I recall correctly, that will be the basis for the public demo. In the meantime, I'm anxious for the sort of things the Inner Circle will be shown. This game feels like it's going to be huge and I don't plan on getting off of this ride anytime soon.
Thanks for the feedback!

Dialog portraits actually aren't dynamic at all right now when it comes to status effects, but it is something that will be added down the road.

Regarding the skill names, you're right in that they are meant to sound like they break armor. Only certain skills can break armor, and furthermore some skills can only break a specific armor zone. There will be more interface feedback related to the armor damage system in future versions (something sort of like the icons Diablo uses for low durability and damaged armor is my current idea for representing it).

You'll see a lot of focus on Neon in the next version since you begin the game with her as the only playable character (and that version will focus on the actual intro area).

Sasha

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Speaking of Neon, is it possible to get her top off in the new version? I tried for a good while without it happening.

Also regarding the random encounters, do you plan on keeping those in future versions, or will you make it like other rpg maker games where you have enemies rendered in the map, like you do for the vorepups after you go through the laser fence?

Many of the cut scenes have you avoiding combat and scouting out enemies, so it seems like it would be a better fit if that was how it worked in game too.

druidguy99

Reputation score

does anyone know how you beat the boss? none of my attacks do any damage to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.