What's new

RPG [ ARUMERO SOFT] [ あるめろソフト] HIKARU SENKI RPG / ヒカル戦記RPG RE086026 RJ086026

tryguy

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Re: ヒカル戦記RPG (Hikaru Senki)

haha, I see. I didn't focus on that part of the screenshot.

Anyway, why are there rubbish characters in the game's title bar, if you're running the game in Japanese mode? That shouldn't be the case at all. Even if you somehow mangled the filenames when you unzipped them, when you run the game (if it runs), you only get those unreadable game titles if the game is still running under western settings. If it's running natively in Japanese, that title would be in Japanese.

Plus, why are your filenames all screwed up?

Edit: I don't believe you're running your windows under Japanese mode at all. Here's what my Explorer tree looks like. See all the Japanese text? Unreadable huh? But look at yours. Perfectly English.

Attachments

Last edited:

demongod

Lurker
Reputation score

can someone reupload but change the name to like the three lil piggy's or something else thats comical plz and thnx

mrblack

Lurker
Reputation score

haha, I see. I didn't focus on that part of the screenshot.

Anyway, why are there rubbish characters in the game's title bar, if you're running the game in Japanese mode? That shouldn't be the case at all. Even if you somehow mangled the filenames when you unzipped them, when you run the game (if it runs), you only get those unreadable game titles if the game is still running under western settings. If it's running natively in Japanese, that title would be in Japanese.

Plus, why are your filenames all screwed up?
Beats me that's the way its always been from day one in 08' when I first played Demon girl then found my way here... on FOUR different computers including vista32 and x86 and windows7. It works though! Sometimes the characters display funky but it is still able to read and play games just fine. When the characters display solid boxes that's when you need to change over the settings.
I do the standard control panel region and language and change to Japanese format (primarily numbers dates and decimals) which seems to work with 99.9% of jap games I've played with this one as the exception. Maybe I do need to try the admin option.

I'm going to try something... If it works then I dont know how the hell all these games have been working cause I must have been doing it wrong for a LONG LONG time lol.

... Holy shit... I would like to know how every other game I have ever played that required jap region settings has worked before... I'm serious I've been active on forums playing jap hentai games since late 08' and they have worked just fine the way I did it before lol. I'll post a screen of my big archived Hgames folder later. I think changing the format allowed windows to correctly extract number formats and coding then it was able to still read the gibberish names. Which I might add are just solid boxes if I didnt use my format change but I guess I have never used real Japanese local somehow. Amazing really.

Well it appears you were right because the game is working just fine and extracted and installed just fine too. I can see the different looking file names too.

Last edited:

CloudXDP

Lurker
Reputation score

@mrblack, send me some screenshots of when the sound error comes up, I'll see if I can find the file again and do the same as before. Also, the slime is supposed to one shot you, but the game should continue after that, obviously, where your sound messes up there, it closes the game.

@demongod

There you are, enjoy.

Last edited:

ecchirenkira

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

@demongod https://rapidshare.com/files/3419673136/Jack_and_the_beanstalk_book_on_tape.zip[/url]

There you are, enjoy.
thnk's for the link, finally can play around with it in editor. if only just i can read japanese.....

+REP

Adler18

Reputation score

how can i make my computer on Japanese mode
i have windwos 7

NaoSoul

Tentacle God
Reputation score

how can i make my computer on Japanese mode
i have windwos 7

OR

an anonymous

Banned
Reputation score

sry for necro but all links i could find (on the web) are death
so can anywohn up (the v2.00) on mega or somewhere else?

thx in advance

Uniso

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Version 2.0 game and save or Version 1.0 with all CG save please?

Wuumaster

Demon Girl
Reputation score

TYVM! Gonna grab it and squirrel away a copy.

FallenAngelMen

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Hey nice, been trying to get some save to work with it, but the damn thing wouldn't work with me -.-, anyway thanks.

ShinVeritas

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Version 2 re-up would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Nvm, Lipucd's link does work. Something must have gone wrong on my end. Sorry 'bout that.

Last edited:

Tsukuyomi

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

The only trouble I have with this game is the "real-time" aspect when battling. I'm not so good a keeping to a strategy when things change (like status ailments) and I can't think on it much.

Fullmetalfist

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Sorry to drag a ghost up from the past guys but there are some pretty cool people translation the other games by this circle.

Wanted to know if they already did this one. Would love to replay in English.

hyperk2

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Hello everyone! I decided to make a post in this thread so that anyone interested in this game in particular can get an update of what I'm doing.

I just got done doing some translation work with the help of perost/sorter over at the "Creature Hunter" thread, which is a newer Arumero game. I felt it was a shame that apparently their older game didn't have any kind of translation work done. So pretty soon I should be able to provide at least a quality of life kind of patch in regards to item/skill/menu translations, and then we'll see about story/dialogue stuff after that. Cheers!

whitepaperx

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Any translation work is greatly appreciated!

hyperk2

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Alright, here it is!

This is still very much so a partial patch, but there's still a lot of significant work done. This should include translations for all the items/weapons/armor/menus/verbage . There are a few other random bits that I've translated but most of the actual npc interaction dialogue isn't done yet, which isn't a big deal for some people but for me that's one of the best parts.

I plan on continuing translating this, but I wanted to put something out there so that people could have at least something to play with until then.
And while I don't get paid for this, I can get some some Rep! (it makes me sleep easier at night :) )
Cheers!

So anyways, here's the translation files:
Mirror (MEGA):
Minor update: V1.1Changed "dissolving liquid" to "acid" to keep in parity with the move parody theme (original text was "溶解液" which is "Acid")
V1.2 Fixed the  ”シールド防御をした" "シールドが崩壊" shield messages. Damn you pesky script lines.

Sorry for having multiple versions if you downloaded it already, but at least I'm fixing things!(Maybe I'm too used to working with SVN :))
P.S This patch was made with version 2.00 of the game.

Last edited:

layoth

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

wow, what a nice thing to do. never seen this game before actually, looks fun. Ill try it with the new patch, +rep

EDIT: actually I cant seem to apply the patch, at least it doesnt seem to be working. Am I supposed to be doing something other then the standard unzip into the game folder?

Last edited: