What's new

ULMF Discord Group for Translators and Fans Alike

Fukukaze

Demon Girl
Reputation score
ULMF Discord Group for Translators and Fans Alike​

This is a message to all members of this forum community, both translators and readers alike. Me and Lonerprime have created a Discord Channel that will simplify, improve and make the way project members share their project info that much more interesting. It will be especially helpful for group projects, since not only will it improve communication with the fans, it will also be easier for those specific members to contact one another.

On this platform, translators will be able to share all of their projects, updates and releases whenever they so desire. Similarly, the fans will be able to address the team members about any improvements, requests, or just about anything else they want. It'll bring the readers a step closer to the translators, editors, etc. working on these highly time-consuming projects.

The general idea is that the forums would be used for more open discussion regarding these projects, while the official Discord Channel will be a way for people to direct advice, things that need improving, questions about progress status, and many other kinds of things people would like to be informed about.
Q: More in detail, how and where do we go about doing that?

A: A very good question indeed. Firstly, those wanting to join this community should click on the following link: , which will allow you to join the channel. You'll of course need to register yourself an account in case you don't already have one. It's also advised you download the actual desktop app instead of the browser version, as it provides you with an extended list of options. Once you've successfully joined the channel, those working on a translation project can message me here on the thread with the name of their project and I shall then proceed by creating a new subchannel for them, in which they can start by announcing and giving a detailed explanation of what exactly their project is about and how things will move from there, followed by the usual regular updates to keep the followers posted.

One of the interesting advantages of having your own discord subchannel is having your own fan following. One of my plans is to give all of the recurring posters on our own channel that are interested in our work the status of something among the lines of "Supporter". I think it will be a fun experience for all of those looking to join us. We're hoping to see you all there! Till then!

Note: This thread may be updated with further information if any more ideas come to mind or I realize I've forgotten something I wanted to touch upon.

imnotapervert

Totally is a Pervert
Reputation score
Re: ULMF Discord Group for Translators and Fans Alike

This should probably in the Translations sub-forum. Anyway, I think it's a good idea, so to test it out over the next month I'll be posting most of my updates on there. You can also nag me as much as you want about progress on there. Let's see if this idea actually kicks off.

rizo

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Question, personally I'd love to join this but I'd rather not let my whole friend circle on discord see I'm in a hentai group for obvious reasons. Is there any way to go about joining without worrying about that?
Still, this is a great idea and I hope it works out.

OP
Fukukaze

Fukukaze

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Currently listed projects in the Discord Channel:

1. "LoadAgain ~The Dog, the Girl and the Golden Treasure~" by Z-Jirushi
    ( )
  2. "Magician of the Olecta Desert" by Barony Sengia ( )

imnotapervert

Totally is a Pervert
Reputation score

Question, personally I'd love to join this but I'd rather not let my whole friend circle on discord see I'm in a hentai group for obvious reasons. Is there any way to go about joining without worrying about that?
Yeah I had to make a new account to get around that. Don't think there's any other way.

OP
Fukukaze

Fukukaze

Demon Girl
Reputation score

This should probably in the Translations sub-forum. Anyway, I think it's a good idea, so to test it out over the next month I'll be posting most of my updates on there. You can also nag me as much as you want about progress on there. Let's see if this idea actually kicks off.
I thought about doing that, but ultimately decided against it since it's a place exclusively used for the sharing of "actual" translation projects and releases, so I found something like this to be better suited for the general hentai thread.

If you think I should have an admin take care of moving this to the Translation subforum instead, I don't mind. If that'd be the case, they might as well sticky it too, while they're ahead.

Thanks for partaking in this little test project, I appreciate yours and other people's participations in this. Let's wait and see how this takes off.

Umm, well, not sure how to avoid those friends of yours from joining too, but the general idea is to have lots of people on here join the community, so as to make sure that those sharing their projects on there can actually create a certain fan following.

I'm pretty sure other people can't see which channels you've joined (just the mutual servers), so as long as you keep it a secret from your friends, I think you'll be just fine.

Yugifan3

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Unless they are on same server as you, they can not, you can also change your nickname on the server you join if the admin of the server allow it.
Example :
This is me on left side on Duel Links and this is Fukukaze on Translator server.
blob:

Since we are not on same server, he can not see what servers I am on.

Last edited:

HentaiWriter

Tentacle God
Reputation score

So is this discord for translation projects mainly/only or is it more meant to be a general ULMF discord?

OP
Fukukaze

Fukukaze

Demon Girl
Reputation score

So is this discord for translation projects mainly/only or is it more meant to be a general ULMF discord?
A mix of both, just like the forums here. However, its main purpose is being a way for people to host their translation projects (or original projects) there; especially group projects. It's a way for communication between team members and possibly even fans to run smoother.

Yugifan3

Tentacle God
Reputation score

*kicks it back to front page*
Get in here you fappers! <3

Bryanis

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Would have more visibility as a sticky.

But yeah, it's really empty compared to the number of WIP in the translation section of the forum :(

Discard

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Invite link doesn't work anymore, is this discord server still active?

Kouko

Lurker
Reputation score
Thanks a lot.
Perhaps a permanent invite would be nice, yeah, for everyone that wanna join later on.

nope.spawn

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Yeah, you'll need a permanent invite or you'll have to post a new invite link here everyday.

f4s1k1n

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Ok then... (Never Expire?)
I don't know until when this link will stay even if i set this to never expire...