What's new

ACT [OOPARTS] THE GLORY OF THE WINNER RE192510 RJ192510

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaalveiten

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Sprite game from an Artist whos done many other games. This is a new circle. Game is short and has few animations but they're well done. Worth a shot if you're a fan of pixels.

Link below.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Krystallize<3

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Re: [OOPARTS] THE GLORY OF THE WINNER

I enjoyed all of their games yet, thanks for sharing the link, I'll edit my impressions here :)

Edit, game crashed around 10 times in those 30 minutes, I don|t understand the battlesystem at all, seems like RNG and I'm not able to even win the first fight.

Last edited:
OP
K

kaalveiten

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

The battle system is quite simple. Counter her by clicking the way she attacks. If she swings top press up arrow, if she swings from left left arrow, if she swings right right arrow.

piepiepie

Cthulhu
Reputation score

The battle system is quite simple. Counter her by clicking the way she attacks. If she swings top press up arrow, if she swings from left left arrow, if she swings right right arrow.
I feel like you are making it sound easier than it is. The timing needs to be perfect.
On top of that the "tell" on what direction she is swing is too short. The window of countering is almost up to luck.

Last edited:

A_J_Wuk

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I feel like you are making it sound easier than it is. The timing need to be perfect.
On top of that the "tell" on what direction she is swing is are too short. The window of countering is almost up to luck.
This! The second girl is way too fast, especially with the left or right counters, the swings trick you easily thinking that a left to right attack is countered by hitting right when in fact it is left. The window of reaction is designed for players who are too young to be playing this game it seems.

Never mind the fact that the Rush ability you get is luck if you even hit enough times and that if you so much as attack without countering the girl first they get a free hit against you.

Last edited:

chiakisan

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Anyone have a full save? I got frustrated after the game crashed a bunch of times and not being able to counter their moves.

OP
K

kaalveiten

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

For the second girl just block all her rushes and then randomly counter her once, activate rush with space and go to town.

Axe girl is easier than the Redhead.

Last edited:

Bobtheme

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Even if there was half a second more time for us to react, it would be better... 4 Girl is extremely easy, just block her rush for almost no damage, did the same with the 3rd girl. 5 girl, might as well block her rushes too unless you wanna be half health (She does a rush almost every other attack, it's insane...)

zarion

Cthulhu
Reputation score

No, it is not that simple. Sadly. Different attackers have different defense patterns.

Either way, I made something for the newbies.

Last edited:

Bobtheme

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Just beat the game. Turns out, if you rush directly after a counter, it's basically winning, they'll be left with like 25% or so health.

Anywho, here's a save for those who don't wish to deal with the same frustration I dealt with.

mega dot nz/#!yQBVBTqZ!xbfHSDSUQFMEK5bhdEI8iwg4H-GI1dxek87MP3tHVIM

(I really need to get 15 posts...)

Edit: Actual final save, game saved again after credits.

Last edited:

zarion

Cthulhu
Reputation score

That's BS. She'll still guard against your attacks. There is no surefire way to win.

Sarav

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

This is a new circle.
What? I swear I've seen these guys a few times before. Did they hire another circle's pixel artist?

AnonTheHuman

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

What? I swear I've seen these guys a few times before. Did they hire another circle's pixel artist?
Yeah, looks like the person who made the monmusu hunter games did this one as well.

Sarav

Reputation score

Yeah, looks like the person who made the monmusu hunter games did this one as well.
Yeah that's him, SCAR I think.

saga55555

Reputation score

This game really make me mad :mad:
I died by 5th girl more than 10 times and lazy to play. The guarding time is too short only 0.3 sec and she's block 90% of my rush attack :eek:
It's OK with upward attack but left/right is really pain. Her sword edge always lure me to block opposite side. And if I focus on sword swing, I usually late to block.
The problem is character's sprite. When girl attack left or right, her prepare attack sprite should switch left or right not stand still like that.
Or make sword swing wave longer to make player notice that she's attacking left or right.

Sorry for my complain but this game is really unfair :mad:

Bobtheme

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

When I said to rush after countering her, I worded that wrong.

When you successfully block an attack, and you have the window to counter, DON'T attack. Instead, use your rush, they'll be unable to defend as long as you hold down left, right, or the up key (doesn't matter which).

MajinLuffy

Reputation score

No wonder this game is doing so badly, it really does suck. I've bought most SCAR games because even if its pixel art style is kind of weird they weren't expensive (specially on sales) and usually decent animations and gameplay. Definitely its shining moment was with the Monmutsu Hunter games. After that it's pretty meh. Though I really like the wolf girl on the kind of "training slave" game and if memory serves that one is even cheaper. Anyway, I had a bad feeling about this game and the score it has so far so I got it here to check the animations and they are fucking short and lazy. Heck! There are reused animations! As if there weren't many animations to begin with. Plus, the game itself sucks too. So yeah... not wasting time or money with it.

AnonTheHuman

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

No wonder this game is doing so badly, it really does suck. I've bought most SCAR games because even if its pixel art style is kind of weird they weren't expensive (specially on sales) and usually decent animations and gameplay. Definitely its shining moment was with the Monmutsu Hunter games. After that it's pretty meh. Though I really like the wolf girl on the kind of "training slave" game and if memory serves that one is even cheaper. Anyway, I had a bad feeling about this game and the score it has so far so I got it here to check the animations and they are fucking short and lazy. Heck! There are reused animations! As if there weren't many animations to begin with. Plus, the game itself sucks too. So yeah... not wasting time or money with it.
Still wondering if they hired SCAR to help make this or just ripped the art style.

MajinLuffy

Reputation score

Or just changed its circle's for some reason, like Saboten did. I don't remember the new name now but it's pretty obvious when you see the art, kind of games, even the price standard.

Krystallize<3

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Just...fuck this game. I deleted it and I wont come back.

I enjoy the artstyle but this shit is just to hard to do in a normal way, I'm not playing a small game for hours of trial and error...

Status
Not open for further replies.