Jungle Girl
Reputation score
JP Dlsite:
dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ184110.html
EN Dlsite:
dlsite.com/ecchi-eng/work/=/product_id/RE184110.html
ULMF Thread:
ulmf.org/bbs/showthread.php?p=875647

Happy Thanksgiving! RPGMakerTrans patch link is in attachment.

A few notes before you use it, I translated all the dialogue and the tiles. However, I did cut a lot of descriptors and speech due to limited space in the way they load in character dialogue. When I was looking into a Village of Nightmare 2 reference, I ended up finding someone else translating this same game. But, I was already mostly done with this, so I figured I would finish it and give it out now.

I assume Rand Anything will likely produce a better translation than me, you can visit their blog here:
randanypro blogspot.com/
They're also more likely to translate the extra characters that may be released.

And finally, if there are any questions about the game or translation, feel free to ask.

In the meantime, I'm going to see what VoN2 is all about.

Attachments

molitar

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Inma Ka Sugoroku

I tried to patch this with RPGMaker Trans v4.36 but it throws up an error during patching. Can you either provide the patch as regular data, graphics folder? Or what version of RPGMaker Trans did you use maybe your patch does not work with 4.36.

OP
S

Szzazz

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I tried to patch this with RPGMaker Trans v4.36 but it throws up an error during patching. Can you either provide the patch as regular data, graphics folder? Or what version of RPGMaker Trans did you use maybe your patch does not work with 4.36.
I made it with 4.36, what error is it throwing?

molitar

Lurker
Reputation score

Hi the error it is throwing up is this.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\Habisain\Desktop\rpgmakertrans\librpgmakertrans\controllers\coreprotocol.py", line 290, in update
File "C:\Users\Habisain\Desktop\rpgmakertrans\librpgmakertrans\controllers\headless.py", line 86, in incProgress
File "C:\Users\Habisain\Desktop\rpgmakertrans\librpgmakertrans\controllers\headless.py", line 101, in updateProgress
File "C:\Users\Habisain\Desktop\rpgmakertrans\librpgmakertrans\controllers\coreprotocol.py", line 237, in trigger
File "C:\Users\Habisain\Desktop\rpgmakertrans\librpgmakertrans\controllers\headlessrbarc.py", line 63, in finish
PermissionError: [WinError 5] Access is denied: 'C:/Temp/Inma Ka Sugoroku [Board Game] [RJ184110]\\Game.rgssad'
This is the first game I had any problems or errors with when patching with RPGMaker 4.36 patcher. It is funny the last folder part is named with \\Game.rgssad. So I thank took ownership of the file and it completed but the translated folder crashed with an error on trying to open. Picture of error message attached.

Attachments

Last edited:

molitar

Lurker
Reputation score

Ok found the solution on another game that someone else had same error. The error is the files when unzipped are marked as read only. Have to right click and go to properties and uncheck the read only for all folders and sub-folders. I end up having to do this for both the game folder and the patcher and it finally completed successfully.

I can understand the game folder but not sure why the patch folder also need read only permission unchecked. Anyway thanks for the translation!

On side note the skills are not translated so I have no idea what skills each hero has to choose at the beginning.

Last edited:
OP
S

Szzazz

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Ok found the solution on another game that someone else had same error. The error is the files when unzipped are marked as read only. Have to right click and go to properties and uncheck the read only for all folders and sub-folders. I end up having to do this for both the game folder and the patcher and it finally completed successfully.

I can understand the game folder but not sure why the patch folder also need read only permission unchecked. Anyway thanks for the translation!

On side note the skills are not translated so I have no idea what skills each hero has to choose at the beginning.
Skill translations should be from the Chara##.csv files. I won't have access to my computer for awhile, so I can't check, but you might be able to manually copy them from the patch Genkou folder to the game Genkou folder. If those files are missing translations I can upload a fixed patch.

molitar

Lurker
Reputation score

Yes the translated files did not copy over with the patcher. I copied them over and it is working.

Exsalent

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

For some reason this game won't show any text for me.
I have same problem with untranslated and translated version.
I downloaded game from 2 different places and both times same problem.

Any ideas ? I haven't had this problem with rpg maker games before.

OP
S

Szzazz

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Does the opening text with Ares and the text in the main menu appear?

The game loads most in-game dialogue from csv files in a folder labelled Genkou. If that file is missing or the data is bad there, it may simply fail to load it.

EchSeeker

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Did you change the locale to japanese? if not then try that. in my case, the text doesn't show unless my computer is set in japanese locale. That tends to be the case with RPG Maker XP games.

Last edited:

Exsalent

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Did you change the locale to japanese? if not then try that. in my case, the text doesn't show unless my computer is set in japanese locale. That tends to be the case with RPG Maker XP games.
Locale change helped, thx.
Weird that i haden't had that probem before.

x421

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I would like to thank you very much for this work, i really liked this sort of boardgame and really appreciate the translation. found some lines untranslated but as you mentioned it i will follow the blogspot for the future updates of the game.

Sharcuzi

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
I think the game received new content in 2017 Nov ? Game crashes when translation encounters the new content.

Last edited:

Zero_G

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I fixed some crashes that occurred in the recollection room when a skill was learned or a character turned into a succubus. Also:
-Changed "~" to its Japanese counterpart "〜" that looks better.
-Added my own hide textbox script (hide textbox with 'd', hide textbox but show text with 's')
-Added backlog ('w' key during dialogue)
-Added font border
-Added dash with shift (really this one isn't necessary but well...)

Of course game has to be decrypted to use this patch

Attachments

Last edited: