What's new

RPG [ gjbindels ] Alone Amongst Demons - Final, English RPGMaker

keith3

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Summary
The protagonist, Juka, sets out for an adventure, hoping to discover more of the world. Little did he know that he'll discover more of the Underworld instead.

Screenshots/Art

Final version was released 4/27 but I don't see a thread for it. This is a pretty extensive game with H of varying quality on the side, and easily averages ~16 hours of gameplay.

Save
If you're not one for challenging gameplay, then it's dangerous to go alone. Take the save in this post, which will give you a bunch of useful items (and an easter egg :)) so you can adjust the difficulty to your liking. You won't get extra stat/gold, so not using items is equivalent to playing the game normally. Still, start a new game for the dialogue so you know what to do. Also included an sgedit.ini to make manual changes.

Links

Hints
If can't get past the flames in the haunted mansion.
Bookshelves are your friend. Like all good friends, visit them more than once.
If your roommate's dorm is locked and you're supposed to meet them there.
Give your roommates some privacy while you explore areas of town that may not have been accessible before.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Keep

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Re: Alone Amongst Demons - Final, English

Can someone post a screenshot or sth of the art ?
would be much appreciated.

OP
K

keith3

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Can someone post a screenshot or sth of the art ?
would be much appreciated.
I added some screenshots and images I found in the game folder.

It seems the art may not be as good in the beginning due to the author's experience. It's not that it was bad either, just very compressed jpg. The rest seem ok.

Keep

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

I believe this is mostly a transformation game. So far it seems pretty fun, but I'm stuck in an area hoping someone could help me with.
Riddle in the haunted mansion: 5 men going to church, it starts raining, 4 run and 1 stands still. The 1 that stood still didn't get wet. Why?
I believe cause one guy's dead and being carried, but it's a text response and I already tried Coffin, coffin, COFFIN, DEAD, and Casket.
try funeral or sth =/

and thanks for the screens ^^

censuur

Tentacle God
Reputation score

What a shit riddle, a corpse IS not a man but WAS a man. Furthermore you can't 'stand' still in a bloody coffin so that makes no sense either, especially if the coffin is being carried and thus moving.

Makes more sense to think the one person that stands still simply never left his house while the four others ran towards the church anyway when it started raining.

Keep

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

What a shit riddle, a corpse IS not a man but WAS a man. Furthermore you can't 'stand' still in a bloody coffin so that makes no sense either, especially if the coffin is being carried and thus moving.

Makes more sense to think the one person that stands still simply never left his house while the four others ran towards the church anyway when it started raining.
he has to be moving as well, since hes going to church.
Unless ... hes at the church already, which doesnt make sense to me either.

censuur

Tentacle God
Reputation score

He isn't moving though, the riddle specifically says so, and 'going to church' does not necessarily imply you are moving toward the church at that time. For example; "Sunday I am going to church" implies I will go at a later point in time. If the sentence was '5 men are going toward church' you would be right, but that isn't what is said here.

The key issue is that there don't seem to be enough hints by which to determine the exact phrasing of the password (do you need capitalization? Do you need spacing?) so I figure the answer is hidden in the building somewhere.

I figured it'd be 'A dead person.' since it fits exactly with the dot included and it's present in the room but that ain't it either. So I kept looking and the room with the treasure box has the answer written down plainly if you inspect the bookcases; "body in coffin"

Last edited:
OP
K

keith3

Demon Girl
Reputation score

try funeral or sth =/

and thanks for the screens ^^
No problem! Funeral has been added as a word that didn't work :/

Luckily, this doesn't stop progress of the main storyline. I'm just OCD.

Maybe I should've offered more?

Yeah I hate these types of riddles. The sentences are mangled so the reader envisions something completely different from what's actually happening. And even if your answer makes sense it must be a to be the right answer. Enjoy 400+ of them right from the comfort of your own internet connection:

Also sorry I paraphrased the riddle - the man actually "stood still", not "stand still", but yeah it's still annoying. I updated the post to quote the game.

Mouse

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Answer is
"body in coffin" without the quotemarks
if I remember it correctly.

OP
K

keith3

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Answer is
"body in coffin" without the quotemarks
if I remember it correctly.
Rep'd (btw tested and works). No idea how players are supposed to guess that.

censuur

Tentacle God
Reputation score

As I said in my post above; you can determine that password must be written down somewhere by the fact that you don't have enough information, and you can find the answer by inspecting the bookcases in the third room.

Old adventure game experience pays off ^^

OP
K

keith3

Demon Girl
Reputation score

As I said in my post above; you can determine that password must be written down somewhere by the fact that you don't have enough information, and you can find the answer by inspecting the bookcases in the third room.

Old adventure game experience pays off ^^
Sorry must've missed your other comment. Something else I dislike: unannounced triggers in a game. After dying I went straight to pick up the locked door's key, but realized that my in-game player was blissfully unaware that a door was locked and refused to even acknowledge it. That just means I need to inspect everything after anything happens. Sigh, I guess it makes sense though.

Edit: now that I think about it for 2 extra minutes, the dev could've hinted this better by forcing the player to search more to trigger the response (i.e. Juka saying "I should look around for clues to the riddle") rather than allowing them to type any combination of letters, numbers, and spaces.

Last edited:

Keep

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

soo ... i played for about 15 mins now, and tbh, at times its so bad its funny.
("leaf it to me." yeah.)
someone help him with all the writing. especially with punctuation marks, commatas and so on.

As predicted by keith, the pixelated jpegs are bothering me, kinda butchers the nice art.

Dunno, if i keep playing it.

censuur

Tentacle God
Reputation score

It makes sense if you've seen this sort of puzzle before a couple of times (though truthfully you could also reasonably assume the puzzle is just bullshit, as it sometimes really is) some things that bother me are the actual spelling errors throughout being particularly silly at times; "I'm going on a atvanture" :p

OP
K

keith3

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Lol I don't want to throw salt but I guess my spelling standards have been drastically lowered by demoing apocalpyse yesterday.

@Keep unfortunately I can't make a recommendation as I'm backtracking to the haunted mansion before going on to Chapter 2 again. Just by looking at the assets in the game's files (Graphics/Pictures) I'm guessing ~5% of the art is like that, and probably at the beginning while the game dev's ramping up his/her art skills. I'll give more in-depth info once I'm further in.

censuur

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Say what you will about the messy writing though, the music is pretty great, one of few rpgmaker games I didn't mute after 1 minute.

censuur

Tentacle God
Reputation score

So... is this game actually finished? I seem to be completely stuck after being summoned by the mage dude with nowhere else to go and nothing left to do once you get back to the underworld. Last thing I did beside getting summoned is talk to Morgana about her 'daughter'...

*edit* Right, scratch that, seems a whole new area to the left side of town opened up with no indication at all.

Last edited:
OP
K

keith3

Demon Girl
Reputation score

So... is this game actually finished? I seem to be completely stuck after being summoned by the mage dude with nowhere else to go and nothing left to do once you get back to the underworld. Last thing I did beside getting summoned is talk to Morgana about her 'daughter'...

*edit* Right, scratch that, seems a whole new area to the left side of town opened up with no indication at all.
Thanks for leaving this note, just got to this point as well. Looks like your old adventure game experience cashed in again :) Going to add a hint in the first post about it.

djweish

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Just by looking at the assets in the game's files (Graphics/Pictures) I'm guessing ~5% of the art is like that, and probably at the beginning while the game dev's ramping up his/her art skills. I'll give more in-depth info once I'm further in.
Pretty sure only one picture in the game is actually by the dev (in their own words:

gjbindels said:
This update I am trying something new so if you encounter really ugly art in game know that it's mine I made it.
I would like some feedback on it.
)

If you get stuck at all, you can wade through the game's 169 page discussion thread here:

Cheddy413

Demon Girl
Reputation score

+ Rep, I'll try this later