What's new

Coold

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
dawhdiawjdiohfipohfh983hr32hfphneuph.jpg
Important see update!:

I ended up spending two weeks on translating some of this game after it was shown on /hgg/. It was originally an effort to make it easier for myself to play, but I ended up putting some extra time in it since others were interested in the partial.

It is not complete as that was never really my intention, but a lot has been done. Don't expect the quality to be good either as it's all machine translations + basic grammar. Please refer to the "Translator README" included in the file for more information.

The game itself is a textbased SLG game with touhous.

Translation based on Version 0.175 (more info in readme).
REMEMBER JAP REGION AND FORMAT!

UPDATE 16/09/03: The translation seem to have been picked up over at

I recommend that everyone still interested in the translation follow the threads made there. They have made quite some breakthroughs. Such as translating some of the csv files resulting in english traits, names etc. I'm not working on the game myself anymore, but I'm glad to see it continued. Consider the links below as outdated.

UPDATE 16/06/21: Added another optional exe called "EmuraHook+Names". This will do the same as "EmuraHook" but also replace japanese names with the english names specified in the "replace.txt" to the clipboard. All credits related to the hook and replacer goes to a kind /hgg/ anon. The exe included has been recompiled to adress some of the anon's security concerns. More information on post #17.

UPDATE 16/06/16: Added optional exe called "EmuraHook" that will automatically copy text to clipboard, all credits related to the hook goes to a kind /hgg/ anon. The exe included has been recompiled to adress some of the anon's security concerns. More information on post #14.

For the supposedly best experience use the top link that includes all three exes and run "EmuraHook+Names.exe".

Link with all three exes (Hook only, hook&replacer, original):

Old link with hook & original:

Old link does not contain "EmuraHook.exe" and "EmuraHook+Names.exe":

Texthook /hgg/ anon's original links, mirrors & more. (Post #14 have some info)
Bonus recompiled standalone "EmuraHook+Names.exe" with "replace.txt":

Bonus recompiled standalone "EmuraHook.exe" to add to any emura game:

/hgg/ anon's first update (Hook) and mirrors (see post #14).
Anon's original Hook link (includes source files (not recompiled)):

Mirror:

Code used to copy text to clipboard:
Original:
/hgg/ anon's second update (replacer) and mirrors (see post #17).
Unsafe exe (not recompiled):

Mirror:

Project source:

Mirror:

Raw Code:

Mirror:

"replace.txt" updates.

Mirror:

Attachments

Last edited:

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Eratohok

Oh wow. I've always been interested in the more ambitious Era games. I had considered writing a translation tool for them but thought a) not enough people would be interested and b) wow, I don't want to write a parser for the scripts they use

Still, it's fun to see this done - at least as far as it can be given the constraints of the game engine / practical effort.

Duvet

Lurker
Reputation score

This is a surprise, I'm sure it took quite a bit of effort. Though, only 'era' games I've had any interested in are the Reverse Rape ones like eraSQR or eratohoReverse.

Might give this one a try.

OP
Coold

Coold

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Oh wow. I've always been interested in the more ambitious Era games. I had considered writing a translation tool for them but thought a) not enough people would be interested and b) wow, I don't want to write a parser for the scripts they use

Still, it's fun to see this done - at least as far as it can be given the constraints of the game engine / practical effort.
Yeah I did most of the easy stuff. The things that got too troublesome ended up being CSVs name calling, frequent updates and not having context for some functions due to progression locks. At least it should be more easy to play now, I'm just glad I can finally play it and somewhat competently too.

This is a surprise, I'm sure it took quite a bit of effort. Though, only 'era' games I've had any interested in are the Reverse Rape ones like eraSQR or eratohoReverse.

Might give this one a try.
I wasn't even aware of the other era games, guess I'll try them out too after I actually get to play this a bit more.

Duvet

Lurker
Reputation score

To nudge you in the right direction, here's some compiled list of 'era' games for Succubus Quest and Touhou. Some worthy mention for another popular 'era' game would be eraMegaten.

Regarding eraSQR, from the links provided, you have the base game and a collection of patches which can be applied to the main folder. However, there's also later patches to the game for additional dialogue for the other enemies and bug fixes which I'd suggest tacking on. Gameplay consists of navigating through dungeons while avoiding enemies, but eventually you'll end up fainting to them where they capture and train you. You can escape and if you're relationship is high, you can invite them to your base and spend the night with each other.

For eratohoЯeverse, the majority of the girls all have custom dialogue and you mainly just select whom you want to be trained by. Out of all the characters, Alice is the most developed character with having an additional story if you play as Sakuya.

Well, that's all I really have to say. I haven't really seen any English boards that discuss about 'era' games so it's been a treat.

Last edited:

krisslanza

Lurker
Reputation score

Oh huh I always remember hearing of this game but I... can't say I actually know you play it. Send help? Hahaha

OP
Coold

Coold

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

To nudge you in the right direction, here's some compiled list of 'era' games for Succubus Quest and Touhou. Some worthy mention for another popular 'era' game would be eraMegaten.

Regarding eraSQR, from the links provided, you have the base game and a collection of patches which can be applied to the main folder. However, there's also later patches to the game for additional dialogue for the other enemies and bug fixes which I'd suggest tacking on. Gameplay consists of navigating through dungeons while avoiding enemies, but eventually you'll end up fainting to them where they capture and train you. You can escape and if you're relationship is high, you can invite them to your base and spend the night with each other.

For eratohoЯeverse, the majority of the girls all have custom dialogue and you mainly just select whom you want to be trained by. Out of all the characters, Alice is the most developed character with having an additional story if you play as Sakuya.

Well, that's all I really have to say. I haven't really seen any English boards that discuss about 'era' games so it's been a treat.
Thanks for the links I'll take a look.

Oh huh I always remember hearing of this game but I... can't say I actually know you play it. Send help? Hahaha
Make sure to manage your cities and put some defensive troops there. Then start thinking about forming some military units to start conquring your neighboors. Most of it should be self-explanatory & with the partial even more so.

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score

If you want even more Era games, there's also the . Username/password are both the first word of that link (think outright posting it might be slightly rude)

Most of them are in a constant state of flux though. I'd pick out EraGVT (Magical girls vs tentacle monsters) and ErAV (more traditional training style Era game about making adult videos) as being the highlights there, although it's been a while since I've had a proper look.

OP
Coold

Coold

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

If you want even more Era games, there's also the . Username/password are both the first word of that link (think outright posting it might be slightly rude)

Most of them are in a constant state of flux though. I'd pick out EraGVT (Magical girls vs tentacle monsters) and ErAV (more traditional training style Era game about making adult videos) as being the highlights there, although it's been a while since I've had a proper look.
I'm familiar with its sister site so I know the process. Thanks for sharing and the recommendations.

Teaz

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Er, sorry if I necroing, but is there any way to hook it to translator aggregator?

OP
Coold

Coold

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Er, sorry if I necroing, but is there any way to hook it to translator aggregator?
Last time I heard about someone being able to do it was:

Anonymous No.143394191 Report
Quoted By: >>143395104
>>143393176
I guess I could upload my texthook patch, you could play it with the translation aggregator then

Just be warned that machine translators definitely can't deal with touhou terms
AFAIK no links have surfaced since then. But all hope is not lost, the game has a built in function to copy everything to a selectable textfile on demand.
How to:
1. Press the top left button (F)
2. Press the 3rd option (C)
3. Scroll down to whatever you want translated and copy it to you clipboard.

Using a translator with a clipboard monitor speeds things up quite nicely.

I can imagine using a hook would not be as desirable as you may think, since everything is diplayed by text..

abstracta

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

1. Press the top left button (F)
2. Press the 3rd option (C)
3. Scroll down to whatever you want translated and copy it to you clipboard.

Using a translator with a clipboard monitor speeds things up quite nicely.

I can imagine using a hook would not be as desirable as you may think, since everything is diplayed by text..
As someone who has tried to play eraSQR and eraTohoR, doing this for every line of text is unimaginably tedious. Granted, still beats nothing, but auto copying new lines to translate would make gameplay in eramaker games significantly more enjoyable. I wonder what would go into such a patch...

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I would also point out that Ctrl-C will also bring up the selectable text window, and pressing End will take you to the end of it. Still not perfect, but better than going through menus.

Emuera is open source though, so it could be hacked in. Anyone know C#? I once had a brief look at trying to get Copy-On-Mouseover working, but my C# skills were not good enough at the time.

OP
Coold

Coold

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I would also point out that Ctrl-C will also bring up the selectable text window, and pressing End will take you to the end of it. Still not perfect, but better than going through menus.

Emuera is open source though, so it could be hacked in. Anyone know C#? I once had a brief look at trying to get Copy-On-Mouseover working, but my C# skills were not good enough at the time.
Seems like it won't be needed as the anon resurfaced with a link.

Anonymous 06/16/16(Thu) No.145657340▶>>145658231 >>145658235 >>145658581 >>145661536
Didn't realize that people actually want my hook-able emuera version

Here you go
There's a pre-compiled executable in the bin folder (just paste that into eratoho, or any era*game), but I'm not exactly careful with my windows partitions when it comes to malware and such since I'm only using them for erogames and nothing else, so you should probably compile the code yourself
Anonymous 06/16/16(Thu) No.145658231▶>>145658581
File: 1.png (139 KB, 1987x1226)
139 KB
>>145657340
Oh yeah, if you want to compile it yourself just get the regular Visual Studio Community Edition, no external libraries needed

You don't need an actual text-hooker, the game itself is copying the text to the clipboard, so just run translation aggregator without agth
Anonymous 06/16/16(Thu) No.145658581▶>>145659456
>>145658231
>>145657340

If you are completely and utterly paranoid about trusting people on the internet, get the original emuera source from their website, then paste the following into Forms/MainWindow.cs

I'll work on updating the first post to include a version with the hook & possibly a recompiled version to relax the anon's concerns. Also mirrors in case it ever gets taken down.

abstracta

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

FYI if you want to build it yourself using the linked code snippet, there is a second step.

As stated, take the entire code snippet from the pastebin, and paste it into MainWindow.cs. To be safe, put it next to the other mainPicBox_* functions (I put mine right underneath the function definition for mainPicBox_MouseDown)

What the post forgot to mention is that you need to go into MainWindow.Designer.cs, and paste the following line (preferably in the mainPicBox section, for clarity)

Code:
this.mainPicBox.Click += new System.EventHandler(this.mainPicBox_Click);
Finally, you can build it in Visual Studio by clicking Build -> Build Emuera (or whatever your project is called) in the top menu. The console at the bottom will show you where the exe got built to, then just copy it and throw it into any eramaker folder.

EDIT: Haven't played eratoho myself, but several of the eramakers have extremely hard to parse character creation (the text spam makes text hookers cry). I found a picture showing what each trait is. Don't really know what difference they make, but attached it in case anyone is interested.

Attachments

Last edited:
OP
Coold

Coold

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

FYI if you want to build it yourself using the linked code snippet, there is a second step.

As stated, take the entire code snippet from the pastebin, and paste it into MainWindow.cs. To be safe, put it next to the other mainPicBox_* functions (I put mine right underneath the function definition for mainPicBox_MouseDown)

What the post forgot to mention is that you need to go into MainWindow.Designer.cs, and paste the following line (preferably in the mainPicBox section, for clarity)

Code:
this.mainPicBox.Click += new System.EventHandler(this.mainPicBox_Click);
Finally, you can build it in Visual Studio by clicking Build -> Build Emuera (or whatever your project is called) in the top menu. The console at the bottom will show you where the exe got built to, then just copy it and throw it into any eramaker folder.
As previously mentioned I have already recompiled the exe. The recompiled exe does include the code you mentioned already as I was lucky enough to notice. Thanks for your concern. It will be helpful for those who wish to replicate the entire process.

OP
Coold

Coold

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

New Updates from the text-hook /hgg/ anon. Now the Text hook will automatically copy the translated name to your clipboard.

Anonymous 06/17/16(Fri)No.145767771 ▶>>145767907 >>145770607 >>145770726 >>145778537
Updated Emueraedit that allows simple text-replacements of text copied to clipboard
Keep in mind that this one was also compiled on a windows installation that may or may not be infested with malware, so you should probably compile it yourself

Binaries for Windows (read the warning above)

Project source, move replace.txt to same folder as your compiled emuera.exe

Raw Code if you want to use the original emuera source, add event handler for mainPicBox_Click
Anonymous 06/17/16(Fri) No.145770607▶>>145770726 >>145770762 >>145778537
>>145767771
I updated some of the names and translated some of the remaining ones.

Location names in K are too much of a fuckery that I wish to not to touch.
Anonymous 06/20/16(Mon) No.146082317▶>>146082420 >>146083279 >>146097082 >>146119490
>>146080132
That reminds me I need to update the replace.txt of eraemu hook

Fixed some 2hu names. It should now include all 2hus except the males that nobody cares.
First post has been updated.

Attachments

Last edited:

tacomarine

Reputation score

So I actually didn't even know about this until I saw the translation for it; good on you man. I hope you reconsider not translating more of the events- this game seems pretty cool

Lazka

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

thx for make a text hooker... :D
so anyone know good era games? (well i need some kinda slavery thing and captive on lose i think.. and female perspective too)

OP
Coold

Coold

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Updated the main post. The translation have been picked up by a group of anons, check the first post for info.