What's new

[WIP - Full] [RJ133508] Knight of Flame Lily Akos [WIP] Update 23/09/17 (50% complete!)

squark

Tentacle God
Reputation score
I've been translating this for a while now and the point was made to start a thread for it here.

In short, I have a fair quantity of smaller files to do as well as one big mucker and ~2000 lines of Scripts left. And CommonEvents, if anything in there really matters.

To keep this short, I do plan to finish this out and do it justice so it may take a while longer yet. Again, thanks for your continuing patience.

I think it should work out fine this time.

What's included:
Core
Maps 001-151
The Entire Mission Table

What's not included:
Everything else
Image Cards given at the start of every mission
< Though my photoshopping sucks, I think I could do this. Not while I'm translating the core dialogue, though.
Lärmthal Waterfront Map Marker for whatever reason *Working On This < I think I have this one fixed now and it'll be in the next posted patch version.

Possible Minor Issues:
The HP and MP bars may stretch out in a silly manner. That fixes itself with ANY change in the value of ANY stat.
For example: Bar stretching, saying you have 400+HP when you have <200. Use an item that changes a value or fight something. Fixes itself.

EDIT:
I just noticed a question. To avoid further iterations of "It no worky", be advised you need .

EDIT II:
The title of this thread may change upon the next build patch. This is due to a suggestion made that the title may have been translated backwards.

Quick edits were needed because of derpage. It should be okay now.

Last edited:
OP
squark

squark

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: [RJ133508] Knight of Flame Lily Akos [WIP]

Thanks!
That was one fast reply :D
At some point I'll probably be looking for someone to actually work on the quest target images. Okay, so you can sort of work out what they want from the pictures, but actually knowing would help.
None of the Quest Target information is contained in the dialogue, which irks me.

Hoboy

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Just to let you know that your work and passion is appreciated...

torkenstiem

Tentacle God
Reputation score

lookin forward to this trans :)

OP
squark

squark

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I've finally finished off the Scripts.rvdata file.
Most game terminology, endings, titles and H-Scenes.
There would be blanks if not for lazycat, elfloren, habisain and Cadgy.

Now I can concentrate fully on map data. After that, I'll give the CommonEvents.rvdata file a look over and see if anything needs to happen there.

EDIT: Throwing it out there again if anybody feels like tackling the Quest information images. If anyone wants to do it, I'll pack them up and fire a link at you.

Last edited:

itzaguy

Demon Girl
Reputation score

You gonna post the completed scripts or just wait till its 100% done?

OP
squark

squark

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I'd much rather wait until I'm completely finished. I went flat out earlier and plugged the remaining ~1500 lines that were left. Now I have a couple hundred maps to sort through. Most are smaller than the scripts, but one is significantly bigger.

Reputation score

The game also has a bunch of different endings based on a ton of different things, never did see half of them.

OP
squark

squark

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I kind of need some help again.
This line:
なんか灼炎の鎧ってエッチな感じがするわね
Makes little to no sense with the tools I'm using.

This (灼炎) is something to do with Fire or Burning, I get that much at this point. But in the context of the rest of the sentence... Not so much.

MS Trans says this:
I burned fiery 鎧tte, feels like ecchi na!
Gobbledegook.

Babylon/Google says this:
I'll naughty feel I softening 灼炎 of armor
Less like garbage, but still nearly unintelligible.

The basic context is Akos talking to a Lady Knight while a little underdressed, which the Lady Knight finds frankly a little exciting.

Vaed

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Honyaku : An armor of some 灼炎 seems naughty :confused:

other machine translator didn't even make sense, so i give up:p
灼炎 what does this even mean?

own translate : Don't you think? 灼炎 armor look naughty? (this is the best i can do)

Last edited:

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I kind of need some help again.
This line:
なんか灼炎の鎧ってエッチな感じがするわね
Makes little to no sense with the tools I'm using.

This (灼炎) is something to do with Fire or Burning, I get that much at this point. But in the context of the rest of the sentence... Not so much.
OK, so as with any translation of a game that I played a long, long time ago, make sure to fact check this. If I recall correctly, the 灼炎, which I'll translate as Miracle Flame for now (although you'll want to come up with something that sounds better) is the source of Akos's power. I can't quite recall if it's that the Miracle Flame is something that is a part of Akos or Akos received it's blessing or whatever, but it's definitely the reason why Akos can use her fire magic and wear the Miracle Flame Armor, as well as the overpowered blazing transformation in battle (where the screen turns reddish).

So with that in mind, a translation of that line would be as follows:

"Oh my! The Miracle Flame Armor doesn't leave much to the imagination..."

candyfloss

Sex Demon
Reputation score

"なんか灼炎の鎧ってエッチな感じがするわね"

"Nanka zhuo yan no yorotte ecchina kanji ga suruwane"
"Somehow this Armor of Burning Flames feels indecent.

...I just made up the name "Armor of Burning Flames". It's up to you how you want to name the armor "灼炎の鎧" I guess...

Welkin

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Asian language likes to use two words to describe something to help describe the intensity, such as the intensity of the flame in this case. 灼炎 is something stronger than a regular fire, if you would.

(灼炎の鎧) Armor of Burning Flame/Armor of Blazing Flame pretty much covers it.
If that's too long, Blazing Armor.

OP
squark

squark

Tentacle God
Reputation score

*checks already translated armour file*
I originally had the armour translated as "Flame Knight Armour", but looking at the Kanji it's a little plain to leave it like that... and anyway "Burning Flame Armour" is a little more correct.

So Burning Flame Armour it is.
Even so, I think habisain's line would fit the situation a bit better.

Thanks again ^^

OP
squark

squark

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Translation is moving forward steadily, albeit slowly.

There's another line, but this time it's more confirmation than help I'm looking for.

(う~ん、最近、灼炎殿・・・変な感じがするのぉ)

Google
(Hmmm, recently, per cent of 灼炎 dono ... strange feel)

Microsoft
(Shall be between, recently burned fire Palace... strange feeling!)

Honyaku
(う - ん, I feel strange 灼炎殿 ... recently)

They're all following the same trend. It's a lady who's lived for a long time saying thinking this during a conversation with Akos.

This is what I think it is:
I'm getting a strange feeling through the palace regarding the Burning Flame lately...

I know the う~ん is usually "Yeah..." but it doesn't fit with the rest of the text.

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score

There's another line, but this time it's more confirmation than help I'm looking for.

(う~ん、最近、灼炎殿・・・変な感じがするのぉ)
I think you're about right, but I'd suggest something along the lines of

(You know, recently... There's been something off with the burning flame in the palace...)

Because using 'regarding' in non-formal speech never works for me.

Deleted member 39802

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

is there an estimated date for the full release of the translation yet? if you are finished i would also like to pledge some money to you habisain because you make this game so much more enjoyable with your translation :) keep it up!

OP
squark

squark

Tentacle God
Reputation score

No ETA yet. I'm taking my time on purpose. I do have other obligations to keep as well.

sascha, although I'm using habisain's tool, he's not actually doing the translating himself. I ask for help because there are some things that comprehension and context can't help me wrap my head around. And I'm endlessly thankful for his continued assistance.

I'm not going to push this onto a patreon. Or a kickstarter. Or an Offbeatr. I will not accept any form of monetary reimbursement for a text replacement of someone else's work. However, I think habisain would be grateful for the support, as am I for the continued interest.

The reasons I agreed to do this are:
1) I wanted a better understanding of the events (and Ruby scripting)
2) I was asked
3) I had already partialled the UI elements

So where am I now?
Revising the Scripts.rvdata for errors and clumsy language
Working on the CommonEvents.rvdata
Going back over the first ten maps for errors and clumsy language

Do people want me to make a port of Actors, Classes, Scripts, States, Enemies, Weapons, Armors, Items, System and CommonEvents files once I'm happy with them?

Ideally I'd want to release it all it at once, but I'm happy to meet people halfway.

Fun fact: when I want to set myself up for a TL session, I listen to the opening theme to P4A a few times :)

Last edited: