What's new

ACT [Grimhelm] Dark Star RE144743 RJ144743

Games Dude

Lurker
Reputation score
Since nobody seems to be posting about it, just popped up.

It's another action platformer, animated sprites, animated scenes, a surprising variety of scenes per enemy type and good art.

The gameplay actually isn't half bad, too - though the player moves painfully slow and there are no checkpoints, so you have to restart the level everytime you die to the platforming or get stunlocked by enemies.

Still, it's doable and the scenes are pretty good. I'd say it's worth keeping an eye on.

EDIT: Download link here. Credit to Tildryn.

Last edited by a moderator:

sam_159

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Re: Dark Star

Definitly looks interesting, gonna anxiously wait for a link.

DeeFrost

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Wow, the art looks pretty good. It's nice to see that they've come up with original enemies.

taikai

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

anyway to unlock the gallery for the enemies there are in the trial?

omegau

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Gotta wonder how they managed to have the only RJ number I've ever searched that only gets two pages of links in google.

FoxhoundOH

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Had some high expectations for this one. The art looks good, the creature designs are varied and interesting. Aside from that this falls flat on it's face as a game. Bravo for remembering controllers but the support is so horrible that I opted to switch to the keyboard. Jumping is a nightmare, and should not be featured as prominently as it is. Enemies respawn at a ridiculous rate, my screen was full of the little flying ones in a matter of minutes while I was trying to concentrate on making the next jump. The weapon variety didn't seem to do much, as you can only shoot left and right. Perhaps the swarm is merely a trial tactic, artificially blocking content. Because while the H scenes are decent I got sick of the little flying creatures very quickly. I'm also disappointed in the animation quality, it seemed to be all over the place with a fluid walk cycle for the main character, and stiff jumping and shooting animations.

omegau

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

The game also seems to be 64bit only. Ssssoooooooooo. If the animations are like that, and the game is that bad, it seems like a LOT of people are going to be wasting money here.

moogles

Lurker
Reputation score

Had some high expectations for this one. The art looks good, the creature designs are varied and interesting. Aside from that this falls flat on it's face as a game. Bravo for remembering controllers but the support is so horrible that I opted to switch to the keyboard. Jumping is a nightmare, and should not be featured as prominently as it is. Enemies respawn at a ridiculous rate, my screen was full of the little flying ones in a matter of minutes while I was trying to concentrate on making the next jump. The weapon variety didn't seem to do much, as you can only shoot left and right. Perhaps the swarm is merely a trial tactic, artificially blocking content. Because while the H scenes are decent I got sick of the little flying creatures very quickly. I'm also disappointed in the animation quality, it seemed to be all over the place with a fluid walk cycle for the main character, and stiff jumping and shooting animations.
Didn't seem that bad, as you got the weapon power ups the weapons lasers.. were larger, so you could essentially cover 1/4th the screen with your lasers all over the place.

Gotta agree though, the jumping soorta sucks ;/

dartred

Tentacle God
Reputation score

please tell me a save exist with the current animations available unlocked >.<?

this jumping is way to tedious.

OP
Games Dude

Games Dude

Lurker
Reputation score

please tell me a save exist with the current animations available unlocked >.<?

this jumping is way to tedious.
You can't unlock the gallery in the demo. Beat the first level and it takes you back to the title screen without changing anything.

We'll need the full version for a save file to be of any use.

saga55555

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Wow, This game graphic is really nice but the jump is horrible. She should jump +100% further. And the flying alien with long arms shot too many projectiles. The H-animation in level 1 is more than 50% of all if compare to gallery. So further level will not have much more things may be +1 alien per level.
But still surprise how low of the sales for this nice graphic game. The gameplay is better than witch girl atleast for me. May be because Japanese people not impressive with this art style :confused:

dartred

Tentacle God
Reputation score

well yeah of course sales are low. it just came out a few hours ago o.0

thswherizat

Reputation score

Looks pretty good, the art and animations are good. I find the amount of enemies is okay for how powerful the weapons get, but the slow movement speed and jumping + no checkpoints makes it frustrating to get back to see those two enemies right at the end of the level.

I'm looking forward to a link for this one.

HentaiWriter

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Ugh, this could have been up there with the greats of hentai games if only the gameplay wasn't so user-unfriendly.

PROS:

-Amazing art, animation, seemingly at least 4-5 animations PER ENEMY, with multiple enemies just in the first stage
-Nice sound effects
-Easy to heal so you can see multiple animations per playthrough
-Well polished interface/UI

CONS:

-Horrible platforming, moving slow as molasses horizontally yet you fall like a ton of bricks vertically when you walk off platforms
-Quite a few bugs, hold down the fire button while walking for an example (and while crouching and moving forward and firing)
-Enemies will cover up the view of the sex animations, should freeze enemy movement during sex animations (would prevent stunlock too)
-If you get out of an enemy's sex animation, you have invincibility, but if you get brought to orgasm, you have no invincibility afterwards and get trapped instantly
-Weapons are basically useless until you get them to a higher level, and at maximum level, they're so OP that you can't really lose unless you fall off a platform, which is incredibly easy to do considering the gravity in the game
-No checkpoints, no saves
-No way to intentionally manipulate sex animations (for example, in some H games if you want a certain H animation to play, you can face away from the enemy, or crouch, or jump on top of it, etc.)

jur07dbe

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Just bought it so will test to see how it compares to the demo

And will, unless someone else does, share it later (in ~12hrs time)

TNXC

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Somehow this looks like Hellabunna art style which is awesome!

saga55555

Reputation score

Huh! It just come out today and already on mega :eek:

Demo 70+MB / Full 90MB ???