What's new

Ark City Setting Information

ShadowWolfSBI

Chief Spam Hunter Why Are You Making Me Do This
Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score
So, I've kind of been throwing together a bit of a location/setting related to my latest story attempt... Decided to throw it up here, if for no other reason than to have it in a second location in case of technical issues on my end. Might end up doing more with it later. And yes, there are references to the Champions Role-playing stuff. It's what started the ball rolling with the story idea.

Ark City.

A city of rebirth, it rose from the ashes of its predecessor. Born out of the cataclysmic death-throes of a powerful villain, it has since flourished into a shining beacon of progress. Yet beneath the shiny veneer, old troubles re-emerge, and new foes rise to challenge those in power. And over all, a memorial to the villainy that brought ruin, and the bravery of those who opposed it, rises to prominence.

I am known as the Castellan. I stand in memory of the survivors, and the lost, of the devastation. With what gifts I have, I shall hold the line against what foes come, although I know I need not stand alone. Let those who can answer the call, and stand as a bulwark against those who would bring destruction.

Central District

Places of Note:

The Old Town Performing Arts Campus
-Known locally as "The Fort", due to the high wall resembling a castle's walls around the entire complex.
Main Theater and Concert Hall
-Notable features include a fully enclosed tech and lighting "command center", complete with sound-proofed and tinted windows that can be opened during rehearsals and closed for performances. In addition, the spotlights are controlled from 'turret stations" in the booth.
Outdoors Amphitheater
-Often the site of reported meetings of Castellan and his Grey Watchers. Also frequently the site of meetings between Castellan and PRIMUS representatives.
The Broken Shillelagh Pub
-Owned and operated by The Publican.
Set, Prop, and Costume Workshops
Performer's Apartments
-Nathaniel Stanton maintains his primary residence here.
Emergency Care Clinic
-Dr. Stanton is on staff here, site primarily deals with injuries from the theater.

Ark City Medical Complex

Avalon Corporation, District Offices

PRIMUS Ark City Offices

City Administration Buildings
City Hall
Courthouse
Central District Police Headquarters

Memorial Park
-Has statuary representing (supposedly) the heroes of the Battle of the River.

Old Cathedral
-Building survived the Battle of the River intact.

Persons of Note:

Dr. Nathaniel Stanton
-"Narrator" of the first post in the Battle of the River story. Considered the local expert in several fields, including biology, medicine, and genetics. A member of the theatrical group.
The Castellan
-Local super, appeared after the Battle of the River. Thought by some to perhaps be a ghost of some sort.
Mayor Leonard Wilson
Police Chief Melanie Cress
PRIMUS Director Wayne Garrett
"The Publican"
-Owner of the Broken Shillelagh. A member of the theatrical group. Name adopted both as a nod to the theater, and as a nod to the "supers" community.

West Industrial District

Places of Note:

Ark City International Airport

Ark City Distribution Transportation Center

Ark City Transit Authority Center

East Lockdown District

Places of Note:

The Chimney
-Any form of travel over the Chimney is mystically blocked. Sheltered, amphitheater-like valley at top. Statues exist in form of those who fell during the Battle of the River, each facing inwards towards a mausoleum-like structure at the center of the valley. A winding pathway exists leading from the base of the Chimney to the top, as the only access point. The Chimney and surrounding area are highly patrolled by the Grey Watchers.

South District

Places of Note:

Ark City Historical Museum

PRIMUS Regional Training Academy

Persons of Note:

PRIMUS Training Sergeant Bradley Markus

North Educational District

Places of Note:

Ark City University
-Dr. Stanton periodically lectures here.
-Sports Team Name: Blazers
-School Colors: Blue and Gold. Grey often used for main color on clothing, with blue logo and lettering edged by yellow/gold.

Ark City Junior-Senior High School
-Sports Team Name: Patriots
-School Colors: Green and Gold.

Ark City Elementary
-Sports Team Name: Bulldogs
-School Colors: Green and Orange.

Riverside Memorial Sporting Complex
-Basketball Team Name: Steamers, Colors: Grey and Red
-Baseball Team Name: Ferrymen, Colors: Purple and Black
-Hockey Team Name: Rivermen, Colors: Blue and Red

Notable Historical Figures:

"Headwind"
One of the members of the team responsible for discovering DEMON's plot during the Battle of the River. Current Status: KIA, Battle of the River.

"Fatewatcher"
One of the members of the team responsible for discovering DEMON's plot during the Battle of the River. Responsible for co-ordinating the efforts of Avalon Corporation's Rapid Strike Team, PRIMUS, and the local "supers". Current status: MIA, official PRIMUS file lists as "Inactive - Likely Dead".

"Paladin"
Avalon Corporation, Rapid Strike Team, Assault Leader. Current Status: Unknown.

"Angel"
Avalon Corporation, Rapid Strike Team, Recon and Overwatch. Current Status: Retired from RST. Currently heading Avalon Corporation's Applied Medical Technologies Division.

"Tech"
Avalon Corporation, Rapid Strike Team, Field Operations Commander. Current Status: Retired from RST. Currently heading Avalon Corporation's Applied Sciences Division.

"Vigilant"
One of the members of the team responsible for discovering DEMON's plot during the Battle of the River. Current Status: Unknown, likely retired.

***WORK-IN-PROGRESS***

Last edited: