What's new

SIM [pinkpetal] PyTFall (Ren'Py)

Xela

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Hello everyone! Introducing an Alpha of our new game!

PyTFall is a new iteration in SimBrothel family coded in Python/Ren'Py script. This release being an Alpha version means that it lacks content, has some placeholders for texts, very limited amount of events, parts of it's functionality disabled and many of the planned features have not been implemented at all but the game should be playable none the less.

It will work with all unique WhoreMaster and WhoreMaster Crazy Mod packs (.girlsx files) @ limited functionality. The download consists of the game that should run on Windows, Linux and Mac (however playability on the last two OSs has not been tested for some time), 15 native random girls, 24 native unique girls (from Naruto, One Piece and Touhou) and 8 unique girls from Bleach (WhoreMaster Crazy Mod).

Password to archive: pytfall

Torrent: (Someone has set this up for us, maybe it will work out...)

Download Links (Mega):

Enjoy :)

Latest patch:

Find a folder game/library, delete or replace with content of library from the patch download!

Stuff fixed from the Alpha download (Updated 29.03.2014):

- Fixed Taxes Bug (Income taxes calculated from day 1 instead of last week)
- Fixed Crash bug (Going to MC profile screen after working in SlaveMarket or Arena)
- Service girls not cleaning the brothel without stripclub or bar is fixed
- Advertisers doing a better job while not getting paid is fixed
- Function of X button on the top screen is now also bound to Right Mouse Button (you can clikc rmb to return to previous screns if allowed)
- MS (Return to Main screen button added)
- Small buttons in town/main screen are now a bit larger
- Putting up sign even with insufficient money to do so is no longer possible
- Buffing up MC in his setup screen exploit is gone
- Bug preventing girls to work as prostitutes under very specific conditions with more than one brothel in the game is gone

(Our dev forum: for extra packs and info)

Last edited by a moderator:

KHTA

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: PyTFall (Ren'Py)

So basically we have yet another unfinished and maybe never will be finished sim game again?

Oh well, I'll give it a shot....if only just because you used a pic of Yuyuko in one of the sample pictures. However more info like multi-girls vs. single girl, original girls vs. copied right in fridge mints girls, your artwork vs. "burrowed" artwork, game setting, list of implemented fetishes....stuff like that to get people interested and in the door, you should have added into this opening post.

All we know now is that: a) it's a sim game. b) it's in alpha. c)the creators of Sim Brothel are behind it.

Ericridge

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Well at least you uploaded this onto mega so I'm willing to give this a shot.

OP
X

Xela

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

So basically we have yet another unfinished and maybe never will be finished sim game again?
I;ve had a lot of fun playing even the unfinished once :D

Oh well, I'll give it a shot....if only just because you used a pic of Yuyuko in one of the sample pictures. However more info like multi-girls vs. single girl, original girls vs. copied right in fridge mints girls, your artwork vs. "burrowed" artwork, game setting, list of implemented fetishes....stuff like that to get people interested and in the door, you should have added into this opening post.
She is an NPC that can change an alignment. There is only borrowed artwork, multiple girls vs single girl I did not understand.

Fetishes go only as far as different positions during the job. There is a town, Arena, Mobs, girlsmeets like in SimBro 1x, gifts, 250 items, traits similar to WM, leveling system, MC etc, some events.

a) it's a sim game. -> Yes
b) it's in alpha. -> Yes
c)the creators of Sim Brothel are behind it. - No

OP
X

Xela

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Well at least you uploaded this onto mega so I'm willing to give this a shot.
Actually some people have been having some trouble with that... I just know that all files can be downloaded and nothing seems to be corrupted.

There is also a gallery, jigsaw puzzle that can cut any picture and slideshow if anyone is into that sort of thing...

I'll post more pics, some might be a but outdated:

ZhouTai

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Like most of these games they use existing images....

OP
X

Xela

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Like most of these games they use existing images....
Yeap. Game allows to create new characters and customize almost everything they say during girlsmeets, events and interactions. There is no way anyone on our team could draw pics of similar quality and in required amounts.

I think the only thing that was made specifically for the game is a rendered Arena background for chainfights and a couple of gui elements.

KHTA

Tentacle God
Reputation score

multiple girls vs single girl I did not understand.
Sorry I meant multiple girls at once (like sim brothel) vs. one girl at a time (like slave maker).

FruitSmoothie

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I always have a problem with these sim type games that steal and use artwork without permission from the artist. Rarely do they even bother to credit them. Not even is there not individual artists credited in your "Special thanks" image, but you don't even thank the artists in general. That's pretty sad.

You wouldn't even have a game that anybody is interested in without that stolen art, no awareness at all about any of that eh?

Last edited:
OP
X

Xela

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Sorry I meant multiple girls at once (like sim brothel) vs. one girl at a time (like slave maker).
Ah, that. There are multiple girls :)

I always have a problem with these sim type games that steal and use artwork without permission from the artist. Rarely do they even bother to credit them. Not even is there not individual artists credited in your "Special thanks" image, but you don't even thank the artists in general. That's pretty sad.

You wouldn't even have a game that anybody is interested in without that stolen art, no awareness at all about any of that eh?
I am not gonna get drawn into another bs internet flamesh!t about "borrowing" stuff online. Don't like it, don't play it. Don't expect another reply regardless of what you write next.

I do agree about credits thought, I'll add that on the next release.

FruitSmoothie

Tentacle God
Reputation score

These sim games like this really need to stop. There's a new one every week stealing other peoples art. The only reason anybody would even want to play it would be for the art. That just seems terrible to me, I mean even beyond the the lack of human decency/empathy and all. Why would you want to make a game that people are only interested in based on stolen work/things you didn't create yourself? Aren't a couple dozen of these "games" enough yet?

I like the responses you get for trying to talk to the developers of these "games" about the stolen artwork.

A: I'm trying to help the artists by featuring their art!

B: It doesn't matter what I do with it as long as I'm not selling it.

C: I think everything in the world is mine to use however I see fit (Without the self aware bit).

I like to see which excuses all the sim maker "game developers" use, lol. It's funny to check. The day somebody is just like "Oh man, it is rude to use an artists work without their permission. I didn't even consider that.", I'll lose it. Is it really that hard to understand how difficult it is to become a good artists and make decent art? Like, these people understand that they can't make the art themselves so they have to take it from sources online. You'd think there would be some moment where they're like "Wow, my game wouldn't be possible without this art made by all these artists".

Last edited:

stuntcock42

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Design-wise, this is kind of a mess. The gameplay involves a lot of repetitive actions but the UI is poorly suited to such interaction. I'd suggest focusing on one of two approaches:
  • simulated-life gameplay; the player character is expected to perform repetitive actions (e.g. each day you will go to town, check whether any new slaves have arrived, then go to arena, etc). The player is expected to run through these actions in order to establish sympathy with the player character (and/or immersion in the world).
    • add value to the repetition. Give the player a reason to pay attention. Perhaps a random event occurs as they're entering the market area, giving them the option to pursue a pickpocket or discover a murder or etc...
    • build affordances into the UI so that the repetitive actions can be accomplished with minimal frustration - keyboard shortcuts, option to reduce/skip scene transitions, larger mouse target to support imprecise aiming, etc...
  • management gameplay; the player is running an enterprise and making decisions. Information should be centralized and sorted; it should be possible to make decisions in the same context.
    • daily reports should have priority/severity information. If a girl gets attacked because of my inadequate security, that's an important piece of data. Don't force me to click through twenty unimportant messages in order to find out.
    • build links into the reports. "The workshop has been stocked with new items (click here to go to workshop)" or "The auctioneer has a new girl (hover for stats) (click here to buy)"
The progression system is also a bit complicated. Some character stats seem to improve mostly due to Equipment, others with Training, a few will grow on their own, and some will barely grow at all. I had difficulty getting a character to grow consistently across the various statistics. Perhaps there are simply too many stats for effective gameplay. Ideally, the player should be consciously making tradeoff decisions. For example: "I'm working my staff hard at the moment (depleting Fatigue) and slacking off on upkeep (increasing Dirt) so that I can build up my brothel's Fame rating. Once Fame reaches 25 I'll be able to hire more people and give everyone a break." If the system includes dozens of superfluous statistics then it becomes difficult for players to make meaningful choices.

The most obvious mechanism for decision-making is AP, but the game doesn't clearly indicate AP costs. The player will quickly learn the costs of common activities (which is fine because most of the actions in the game are repetitive), but some on-screen indication would be nice.

Separate inventories for each character is, in my opinion, a misfeature. It forces the player to "do everything twice" (transfer item X to girl, equip item X on girl). Why not just allow any employee (or at least any party member) to equip items from the player character's inventory? Items that they remove could simply be dropped back into the player's inventory. Auto-equip would also be a nice time-saving feature.

The character-creation menu has a minor bug - you can deduct points from the various statistics (creating a pool of spendable points) and then click on one of the character class icons. Doing so resets the stat-point allocation, but the spendable-points pool does not get zeroed. If you do this repeatedly, you can acquire a lot of points and then begin the game with maximum stats in every category.

Is AP capped? I was able to adjust most of the player character stats by cheating, yet AP remained at 4. Some of the girls began with fewer AP and gained AP with level-ups, but I don't remember seeing any of them exceed 4, either. It felt a bit odd to be running around as an ultra-superman character who could fell giants with a single pimpslap, yet I'd need to take a nap after complimenting a girl four times.

OP
X

Xela

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Thanks for the on-topic input :)

I'd suggest focusing on one of two approaches:
  • simulated-life gameplay; the player character is expected to perform repetitive actions (e.g. each day you will go to town, check whether any new slaves have arrived, then go to arena, etc).

• This is the focus right now.

The player is expected to run through these actions in order to establish sympathy with the player character (and/or immersion in the world).
    • add value to the repetition. Give the player a reason to pay attention. Perhaps a random event occurs as they're entering the market area, giving them the option to pursue a pickpocket or discover a murder or etc...
    • build affordances into the UI so that the repetitive actions can be accomplished with minimal frustration - keyboard shortcuts, option to reduce/skip scene transitions, larger mouse target to support imprecise aiming, etc...
    That's to ideas for new events!

Something like that is already there if you enter the SM Club after day 6, but like I've said, event and NPCs are not very numerous. Added values to repetition is definitely a high priority.

UI will also be improved, but I don't recall missing anything with a mouse so far :D

[*]management gameplay; the player is running an enterprise and making decisions. Information should be centralized and sorted; it should be possible to make decisions in the same context.
    • daily reports should have priority/severity information. If a girl gets attacked because of my inadequate security, that's an important piece of data. Don't force me to click through twenty unimportant messages in order to find out.
    • build links into the reports. "The workshop has been stocked with new items (click here to go to workshop)" or "The auctioneer has a new girl (hover for stats) (click here to buy)"
Daily reports should, when I've started with this my coding skills were non existent and that report screen was one of the first things in the game. Reporting will get a lot better with time.

For some reason I or anyone on the dev team have never considered links... it's a very good and simple to implement idea :)

The progression system is also a bit complicated. Some character stats seem to improve mostly due to Equipment, others with Training, a few will grow on their own, and some will barely grow at all. I had difficulty getting a character to grow consistently across the various statistics. Perhaps there are simply too many stats for effective gameplay. Ideally, the player should be consciously making tradeoff decisions. For example: "I'm working my staff hard at the moment (depleting Fatigue) and slacking off on upkeep (increasing Dirt) so that I can build up my brothel's Fame rating. Once Fame reaches 25 I'll be able to hire more people and give everyone a break." If the system includes dozens of superfluous statistics then it becomes difficult for players to make meaningful choices.
The other side of the coin, is that all characters will be clones otherwise. We've tried to make all characters a bit different in how they develop, looks like that goal is at least partly achieved however it doesn't seem like the system is too intuitive... It'll take a while to figure out what to do about that.

The stat thing comes from WM, most people on the dev team are fans.

The most obvious mechanism for decision-making is AP, but the game doesn't clearly indicate AP costs. The player will quickly learn the costs of common activities (which is fine because most of the actions in the game are repetitive), but some on-screen indication would be nice.
That's definitely not Alpha release material but assuming we'll actually make it to the official release, there will be a lot more info about the game play available.

Separate inventories for each character is, in my opinion, a misfeature. It forces the player to "do everything twice" (transfer item X to girl, equip item X on girl). Why not just allow any employee (or at least any party member) to equip items from the player character's inventory? Items that they remove could simply be dropped back into the player's inventory. Auto-equip would also be a nice time-saving feature.
That's exactly because of Auto-Equip and Auto-Shopping for free girls planned for the future. Also inventories of free girls after that's implements will not be accessible until disposition is high enough. But it'd be super simple to add switching between girls/MCs inventories when equipping items directly, it's another easy to implement useful feature that noone on the dev team has thought of...

The character-creation menu has a minor bug - you can deduct points from the various statistics (creating a pool of spendable points) and then click on one of the character class icons. Doing so resets the stat-point allocation, but the spendable-points pool does not get zeroed. If you do this repeatedly, you can acquire a lot of points and then begin the game with maximum stats in every category.
Added to bugz list.

Is AP capped? I was able to adjust most of the player character stats by cheating, yet AP remained at 4. Some of the girls began with fewer AP and gained AP with level-ups, but I don't remember seeing any of them exceed 4, either. It felt a bit odd to be running around as an ultra-superman character who could fell giants with a single pimpslap, yet I'd need to take a nap after complimenting a girl four times.
They are not capped, just require an insane amount of constitution for increases.

I know it's weird... but not yet sure on how to improve that. Maybe interactions like that should be capped by times/day instead of AP points.

===
The game will get better as interface improves, more events are created and more unlockable NPCs are added and their relevance to the game increases (right now that is limited to beggar, two leprechauns and the mage girl). Some NPCs like witch/arena girl don't require unlocking at all and will train stats/teach spells. Basically to show what's possible and level of required modding skill to add new stuff.

alias34

Cthulhu
Reputation score

So uuuh... I've always considered most hentai RPGs to be pointless ways to get more money out of your artwork by packing them into a lazy game a 14 year old could make in RPG maker (not all of them, there are very high quality RPGs out there aswell!)
And as it seems this game doesn't even have original artwork, so... Whats the point? Who needs this? I hope OP will not charge any money for this.

OP
X

Xela

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Whats the point?
What's the point in simgames?
What's the point in computer games?
What's the point in games in general?
What's the point in recreation?
What's the point in living?

To be, or not to be?

and the biggest question of them all...

what the hell was the point of that post :confused:

prima99

Sex Demon
Reputation score

^ this.

if in the end the goal in this game is to view existed CG, then why dont i just view them in some HCG gallery sites? sim games are good, but only when it includes original CGs. really there's no point in viewing CG that existed in my hard drive for decades, let alone the game itself being big burden for my disk space

alias34

Cthulhu
Reputation score

What's the point in simgames?
What's the point in computer games?
What's the point in games in general?
What's the point in recreation?
What's the point in living?

To be, or not to be?

and the biggest question of them all...

what the hell was the point of that post :confused:
So many strawmen in just one post you're not even trying to hide it.
But I guess I can't blame you, after all I didn't get my point across as well as Prima99 did above me

Also if you are trying to get your product advertised here you should start by being less of a dick and more professional about it, sure I'm being a dick here myself but I have legitimate complaints about this, just as everyone else here

OP
X

Xela

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I believe that I've been perfectly polite and grateful to those who had something useful to contribute.

Games like SlaveMaker and SimBrothel have plenty of people who enjoy playing them (SM along gets 1.5k torrent downloads/month just on pornlab along) (I'll understand that it doesn't necessarily conform to your logic or believes). You guys come into my thread talking from some imaginative high horse looking down upon developers and fans alike, then ask for professionalism... well, common sense and professionalism would both dictate to ignore internet trolls trying to hijack your thread and focus on normal posters... I am going to do just that.

===
Basically if this gametype is in violation of any of the forum rules, lock/delete the thread. If it's not, stop trolling the thread and allow people who may enjoy playing this, willing to contribute or just want to improve the game by feedback to do their thing. Trying to convince someone about something he/she doesn't believe in or has own opinion about on internet is about as useful as watching the grass grow.

As for "legitimate complaints":

In my mind only people like Masashi Kishimoto, Hideaki Anno (and etc.) and fans of Manga/Anime that are not into Hentai get to have legitimate complains about any of this. This is not the best place for them to hang around.

stuntcock42

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

stop trolling the thread and allow people who may enjoy playing this, willing to contribute or just want to improve the game by feedback to do their thing.
This is an important point: when you have people openly expressing disdain for a project, it's going to discourage others from contributing. Whether or not you believe that their objections have merit, you may need to mollify them a bit to avoid alienating the forum community.

I've contributed to a few H-game projects (most recently ) if it presents an opportunity to learn a new language or new coding techniques. Since the python script is included with the game files, there's very little "barrier to entry" for an aspiring modder or contributor. On paper, this seems like an ideal project for me. Unfortunately, I'd be reluctant to contribute to this project for a few reasons:
  • excessive scope. The game covers a huge amount of potential content: business management, personal relationships, civic politics and race relations, combat, grinding and questing, loot, pandering to various sexual fetishes. It could host a large number of potential playstyles, such as:
    • the default/typical player would presumably focus on gradually building up a successful brothel business (SimCity route), at least until they've discovered some of the other features of the game. In order to keep this player engaged, you need to deliver a polished gameplay experience with few headaches (e.g. a good tutorial). Or maybe just tease them with sexy content to keep them hooked.
    • a player might choose to recruit and maintain a small group of girls (harem route), devoting lots of attention to micromanaging the girls' attire and daily routines. They wouldn't seek to expand their brothel business because they're looking for a more focused experience (e.g. SlaveMaker). This player would want to see a lot of detail in character interactions and responsiveness to minor variations (e.g. girls' dialogue should use the player's name, mention their current location or recent activities, etc).
    • another player might roleplay as a sadistic pimp who seduces girls with kind words and then sets them to work for his profit. This player would be willing to overlook UI problems, so long as there was a wealth of text content to be discovered (describing emotions, betrayal, power and dominance, etc)
    • there's probably someone out there who will notice the large number of girls and immediately decide "gotta catch 'em all!"
    • someone might even opt to play as an arena fighter and ignore the brothel stuff entirely. You'll need a decent battle UI and a reasonable "difficulty curve" in order to keep them engaged.
    It's great that a single game concept can accommodate so many playstyles. However, it's intimidating for me (as a potential contributor) because I have no idea whether my ideas are compatible with those of the senior developers.
    • For example: I might spend a few hours writing up scripts and events so that players can wager on arena fights, but then find my work is moot because the game engine can't properly simulate a battle in which the AI controls both teams. Or the idea might be rejected because it doesn't fit into the game lore.
    • It might be worthwhile to tighten the game scope and set up some clear milestones (e.g. "v1 release = brothel + arena; v2 = dating module + magic system; v3 = tactical combat (movement options, weapon ranges, formations), v4 = quests and factions; v5 = endgame conditions" etc).
    • Narrowing the scope could also help to reassure the audience. People are going to look at this thing, see a huge pile of half-finished features, and think "it would take too much effort to finish all of this stuff; the dev team is probably going to get bored and abandon it." I'd be happier seeing incremental progress towards modest goals rather than vague progress towards an awesome goal.
  • technical factors.
    • Some of the definition files (such as items_body.xml) have a broad scope, which makes them vulnerable to bloat and impedes collaboration among team members (each time that you commit files to the repository, you'll need to review conflicts and ensure that everything merges properly).
    • The use of XML is great, but it would be even better if you included a schema file (does Python use XSD?) and allowed modders to add content by simply dropping new files into the game folders.
    • The JSON/XML split is confusing - is this a legacy issue, or perhaps just a question of differing preferences within the development team?
  • legacy content. The game is built on an existing framework, and that framework seems to bring along some baggage.
    • For instance, the saved game files are enormous (which suggests that the project will suffer from poor forward-compatibility and will exhibit some difficulty in reproducing bugs, even within the dev team).
    • The ability to import a large library of pre-existing "mod" content is a nice feature, but it might constrain the game's development - developers will be reluctant to make compatibility-breaking changes, even if those changes would improve the game or allow it to grow.
    • A new developer may also have difficulty "getting up to speed" on the project - they may need to learn some of the idiosyncracies of the legacy codebase in order to avoid conflicts.
    • The game promises to be in alpha/beta for a long time, which means that players will frequently get stuck due to bugs (e.g. "the NPC disappeared and I can't finish the blacksmith quest!"). A plaintext saved-game format might allow players to workaround bugs (by cheating - alter the values of a few variables and then continue playing) but the binary format means that they're forced to start a new game.
  • creative contribution. The dialogue system is pretty rudimentary at the moment (so this may be a premature criticism) but it doesn't seem very "welcoming" to non-programmers. H-games can often attract content authors - people who will happily write character interaction scenes, quests, random events, world lore, sex scenes, etc.
    • The Python language isn't ideal for these people (it's much less readable than something like ) and so they'd probably have to submit their work in pseudocode format and then ask one of the developers to encode it.
    • The game world is a bit sparse at the moment. Some authors might find that liberating, but others may be discouraged by it: "I'd like to write a story about an escaped slave, but I don't know how the nobles of this society would react. Are there communities of escaped slaves in hiding (or a rival anti-slavery city)? For proper immersion/integration, I should use a randomly-selected slave from the game files (so that the player can recruit the girl after rescuing and befriending her)... but that means that I need to write a story about her escape which makes sense regardless of whether the slave herself is a loli elf or a shackled mage or an armored warrior-woman. This is too hard; I give up!"
    • if you already have a code repository somewhere, then toss up a link so that we can check it out (there isn't enough material in the Python comments for me to get a sense of how the dev team collaborates, but I expect that the commit comments will be more enlightening). If you're worried about vandalism, then you could ask people to PM you for the URL.
  • intellectual property. This is a sticking point. Let's assume that the design concerns get sorted out, UI is streamlined, the gameplay gets balanced into a reasonable mix of fun-vs-challenge, etc...
    • If the game becomes popular, then it's going to be a target of harassment (by artists, aspiring artists, artist-supporting gamers, etc) and filehost takedown requests.
    • The dev team could deflect this criticism or workaround it (e.g. by releasing the game itself as a content-free skeleton, and then strongly advising players not to download any "unauthorized" content packs from bittorrent sites nudge-nudge-wink-wink).
    • I'd still feel uncomfortable working on a project which openly abused intellectual property in this way. At a minimum, the image-tagging system ought to allow for identification of artists (and/or source links) and the game should include a prominent message of gratitude.

finale00

Tentacle God
Reputation score

^ this.

if in the end the goal in this game is to view existed CG, then why dont i just view them in some HCG gallery sites? sim games are good, but only when it includes original CGs. really there's no point in viewing CG that existed in my hard drive for decades, let alone the game itself being big burden for my disk space
Presumably the point of a dating sim (or whatever type of sim this game is), in a language that you can read, is more than just viewing some CG.

For people that play games for the purpose of CG, and probably skipping all the text and finding the fastest ways to unlock the CG, then yes you might as well just look for a CG dump.