What's new

ACT [azurezero] Science girl (NOW ON ITCH.IO FOR 99p) jungle girl 8 bit style game

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score
updated 9/5/2016

full version includes;

9 enemies
3 levels
1 happy end(?)

CONTROLS

A/left - sidestep low
S/down - duck high
D/right - guard mid

hi guard bug fix (thanks onimatsuda)
fixed lust reset bug

FIXED TEARING BUG (had to rip my own game to do it)

Last edited by a moderator:

Papanomics

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Science girl (0.5 demo) jungle girl 8 bit style game

Worth a look, I'll edit after I play it

Daemon McRae

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Has good potential. Look forward to a full version.

aika

El Presidente
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

Woohoo, another game based off of the immortal Jungle Girl! Great work so far, here are my thoughts, feel free to leave them or use them:

* People are always going to love it if the heroine loses clothing as she starts losing! On the same theme, leftover semen is always a winner. Or maybe even just a change of expression on Science Girl's face.

* The ground tentacle could do with a few extra particles flying around at the bottom to show how it is traveling through the ground, maybe.

* At the moment progress appears to be measured by the number of monsters blocked. So you can make progress without ever walking forward. Is this intentional? If not, maybe make the girl walk forward a step or two after a monster has been blocked before the next one arrives? Thinking about it, this might not work once the monsters start coming fast enough.

* Maybe think about other sound effects as well - people especially love ejaculation sound effects and female orgasm sound effects at the end of the sex scenes.

Anyway great job so far, and I look forward to the new monsters you mentioned.

Onimatsuda

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I'm not sure if this was intended or not, but the A button (Sidestep) avoids the high and low enemies. Aside from that, it's a good start. Keep it up. =3

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Woohoo, another game based off of the immortal Jungle Girl! Great work so far, here are my thoughts, feel free to leave them or use them:

* People are always going to love it if the heroine loses clothing as she starts losing! On the same theme, leftover semen is always a winner. Or maybe even just a change of expression on Science Girl's face.

* The ground tentacle could do with a few extra particles flying around at the bottom to show how it is traveling through the ground, maybe.

* At the moment progress appears to be measured by the number of monsters blocked. So you can make progress without ever walking forward. Is this intentional? If not, maybe make the girl walk forward a step or two after a monster has been blocked before the next one arrives? Thinking about it, this might not work once the monsters start coming fast enough.

* Maybe think about other sound effects as well - people especially love ejaculation sound effects and female orgasm sound effects at the end of the sex scenes.

Anyway great job so far, and I look forward to the new monsters you mentioned.

as for the monsters you get bonus points when not guarding, so you're actually making progress, however it's possibly i might need to tweak the balance... atm perfectly guarding them would offer the best result but also the highest risk of capture

oh, and is it cool if i save the actual orgasm sound for the lust gauge filling up? and there's some sweet loopables for the game over screens

i'll consider the tentacle particle thing, might look a bit diglett-y

also unfortunately, clothing damage would be too much work for my artist, i opted for more sex overall sex animations than a few with different cloth variations

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

i also fixed matsuda's bug

Papanomics

Lurker
Reputation score

Instead of editing I'll just post again.

I liked it a lot. It's something I can enjoy.

Jesus

The Father, The Son, The Holy Spirit
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

This is great, can't wait to see more

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

This is great, can't wait to see more
if the body of christ was pizza i would probably accept it *drooools*

Sharcuzi

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Not a big fan of this type of gameplay, but in comparison to the damsel quest this is easier for me to play :)
Will be interesting to see what the other enemies will be like.

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Not a big fan of this type of gameplay, but in comparison to the damsel quest this is easier for me to play :)
Will be interesting to see what the other enemies will be like.
i allready responded on the blog too :3

and im going for fun ideas, though the roster has been filled ^^ one of my enemies is a tophat that possesses her lols, also facehugger, a tiny fairy with magic dildos and slime girls (two varieties of those)

final line up should be

high
tentacle
facehuuger
tophat monster

mid
tentacle
slime girl
slime doppler

low
tentacle
dildobot
fairy

Sharcuzi

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

ok, sounds cool :)

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

sharcuzi suggested i add cgs to science girl to help with my boredom,
this is perfectly possible but i was thinking of adopting vita great escapes gallery unlock system, where they are bought with points scored in game

this probably wouldn't apply to the animation gallery which will be unlocked upon beating the game, but the cgs wouldn't really be a part of the game, more like a bunch of nice extras, as they don't fit the original model of jungle girl, and we have game over animations to go in their place

Sharcuzi

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Yeah, the grinding in vita seemed kinda fun. It gave the game some extra length :)

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Yeah, the grinding in vita seemed kinda fun. It gave the game some extra length :)
i didnt want to clutter the game over thing, that would mean going through 3 screens to retry and while it worked in dq, this is a bit more casual

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

the enemies for the final demo have all been added now, i just need to do the audio before releasing it :) then god knows how many weeks from now my artist will finish the remaining 4 enemies and 2 game over animations and i can get this released

need to continue going through my new sex noises, allready added all the bj related ones

final game will be 3 levels with the enemies in sets of 3 and a 4th level with all 9 in... probably just for an endless mode :), a gallery mode would be simple to make so i'll probably do that too

Sharcuzi

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

good good ! :D

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

This takes me back. I like it a lot! Looking forward to the finished product.