What's new

Witch/s vs Slimes

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score
extremely early days, started coding an hour ago because i was bored and heres what i've got

no enemies yet, but what do you reckon of a slightly grindy shmup?
like you get experience each time you beat a level or lose...and ya can level up your character with teh points.

I made the knives by making it so when x is held
can_shoot=false
alarm[0]=cooldown (editable stat...makes you fire faster or slower because the alarm makes can_shoot=true again)
nya=random(spread) this returns a variable between 0 and the spread variable(in this case 36)
then it creates an instance of the knife moving in direction 90+nya
and another at 90-nya

holding z makes the spread larger

if i did it properly it would take a few weeks to do...was also considering multiple player characters but meh.... if its a bit game i should just keep it with one and go for another 4 cgs and maybe sprite sex if youre lucky...

either way...if i do continue to make this...(needed something to take my mind of staring at the inbox waiting for damsel quest sales
and it would be the same price as Nun vs Tentacles

Armacalic

Sex Demon
Reputation score
Re: Witch/s vs Slimes

Sounds like a great idea, wonder if you could slip a second PC at least. How many stages would you reckon you'd put in it?

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Sounds like a great idea, wonder if you could slip a second PC at least. How many stages would you reckon you'd put in it?
between 3-5 but 2 characters would double the amount of cgs...possibly even making it a game that took too long to make to consider charging bit game price £1.50

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

okay here's something for you to play with, though for now it just loops through enemies, at 500 exp you get an upgrade which shows kinda what it will be like later on

it's an adfly link so i can quantify interest because drop box is dumb and doesnt count downloads

Controls
arrow keys to move
hold X to shoot (theres a bug where if youre holding x when room starts it only fires once but i can fix that by altering code slightly)

A Marionette

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

It`s actually pretty fun :) the sprite size and speed is quite good.

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

It`s actually pretty fun :) the sprite size and speed is quite good.
i've allready modified the code to give witch the same bounding box as the enemy slime bullets (with draw_sprite drawing the witch instead)

also fixed that bug...but im not gonna post another demo until ive got something more substantial

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Okayyyy, i'm collaborating with one of my fave artists on this :)

so the cgs arent gonna be done by me this time...also the game is gonna take longer than a week so it's gonna be a touch more expensive than nun vs tentacles...perhaps £2

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

okay, i havent got much done on the level design front, i've been experimenting with bullet patterns and i allready have the concepts for the bosses ready

but for now i dont have a full level to show, but here's a wip of the cg i have my artist working on :D, he'd have finished it allready but he hurt his wrist

hope you enjoy

Reputation score

Dang Azure, It's like these games were made for me.. I want to see this new one sooooo bad... But 2 pounds? that's breaking my bank a bit. #poor

On a semi related note, I got Quest to work :D So Just let me know where to post a review and I'll get back to you on it. :)

*droools for the witch being fucked by a futa*.... waaaaaaaaant...

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Dang Azure, It's like these games were made for me.. I want to see this new one sooooo bad... But 2 pounds? that's breaking my bank a bit. #poor

On a semi related note, I got Quest to work :D So Just let me know where to post a review and I'll get back to you on it. :)

*droools for the witch being fucked by a futa*.... waaaaaaaaant...
the damsel quest thread, which just dropped to page 3 on the forums

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

the demo file has been updated, still no full level, just testing various enemies (they will get varied sprites in future so you can tell them apart)

r is retry a room, enter is next room

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

heehee okay i have my enemy spawner working (had to change it from step to a timer) , so now i just need to add if progress=something{instance_create(x,y,an enemy)} to add spawns to the level, and it will increase progress every time there are no enemies

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Shmup dropbox file updated, though the first screen is now probably gonna be level 2 until i decide how to make a sufficiently easy level...but i am liking how it's developing, i'd say that this is 1/3 or 1/2 of level 1 or 2 not counting the boss

edit- okay i've just managed a runthrough without powerhouse mode (g key) and i gotta say this is definitely needing to be put as level 2 :) though it's pretty easy with powerhouse mode (which is gonna be pretty expensive in the upgrade shop because it makes acquiring exp a lot easier because 6 shots instead of 2)

though in a way it would be a lot easier with a few atk power upgrades

OH and Z as focus mode has been added

Last edited:
OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Oh and R is retry, and the last accessible room (enter) has a preview of spritesex :)

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

it's progressing well though im still nowhere near completing the first or second level, and though it looks messy if you know what your doing it's easy to dodge

also that's livestream lagging not the game

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

since someone was confused this game has spritesex followed by cg

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

this project is probably cancelled because the artist i hired wasnt happy with what i was asking him to draw (though he could draw it well, i saw from the sketches)

a shame, but i still have plenty of other concepts to work on

Twisted1

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

this project is probably cancelled because the artist i hired wasnt happy with what i was asking him to draw (though he could draw it well, i saw from the sketches)

a shame, but i still have plenty of other concepts to work on
Wasn't happy... with the fetishes involved? With the quality of his work?

What a shame...