The Unofficial LineMarvel Forums  

Go Back   The Unofficial LineMarvel Forums > Hentai > Hentai Games

Old 9th September 2013
Demon Girl Pro

Lozagal has just started to contribute
Default Re: Damsel quest - ON SALE NOW (check OP)

It's a good game when it comes to mechanics, exactness of platforming and the shooter parts. I am really surprise by the advancement you made, Azure.

Some tips

Space out different enemies. Don't re-use enemies for the whole game, especially considering that you die to the same ones a lot due to the puzzle / sneak type of the game. Look at unholy sanctuary for example, you often don't see the same enemies in more than 3 or 4 rooms. Even slight variations can help, making it a different tentacle colour / thickness, ect.

Possibly add a higher walking / running speed to the next game. I know it's a stealth game, but most platformers make you run awfully slow which kind of drags down the game.

Apart from that like I said it's very well designed, the hitbox is spot on, no part of the game feels unfair and is still challenging. A lot of devs make the mistake to make their hentai game super hard, which just kills your boner leaving you with no fun at all.

One problem i had was that if I switch between options in the main menu, it won't let me use any with the enter key anymore. It just makes a "tic" sound when I press enter. Consequently, I can't exit the game normally or enter the gallery. Any tips?

Edit: And CHEATS. Finally someone that brings cheats back to gaming, thanks a lot
Old 9th September 2013
Tentacle God

azurezero is a favourite of the forumazurezero is a favourite of the forumazurezero is a favourite of the forumazurezero is a favourite of the forumazurezero is a favourite of the forumazurezero is a favourite of the forumazurezero is a favourite of the forumazurezero is a favourite of the forumazurezero is a favourite of the forumazurezero is a favourite of the forumazurezero is a favourite of the forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lozagal View Post
It's a good game when it comes to mechanics, exactness of platforming and the shooter parts. I am really surprise by the advancement you made, Azure.

Some tips

Space out different enemies. Don't re-use enemies for the whole game, especially considering that you die to the same ones a lot due to the puzzle / sneak type of the game. Look at unholy sanctuary for example, you often don't see the same enemies in more than 3 or 4 rooms. Even slight variations can help, making it a different tentacle colour / thickness, ect.

Possibly add a higher walking / running speed to the next game. I know it's a stealth game, but most platformers make you run awfully slow which kind of drags down the game.

Apart from that like I said it's very well designed, the hitbox is spot on, no part of the game feels unfair and is still challenging. A lot of devs make the mistake to make their hentai game super hard, which just kills your boner leaving you with no fun at all.

One problem i had was that if I switch between options in the main menu, it won't let me use any with the enter key anymore. It just makes a "tic" sound when I press enter. Consequently, I can't exit the game normally or enter the gallery. Any tips?

Edit: And CHEATS. Finally someone that brings cheats back to gaming, thanks a lot
you use left and right on the menu screen, lol i shouldve put up and down as well, the gallery is click the pictures when you're in there, incidentally the sound tick is in the any key segment...

edit; right i've added up and down aswell but until i need to upload another patch i'll skip that for now

here's hoping i reach that 500 sales soon i'll start writing the text when i get to 400 sales and i'll also add a toggle switch on the main menu/gallery for text on or off
the object that actually shows the text has allready been created and it's what i used for the ending, though that one was on a timer instead of pushing left/right

Last edited by azurezero; 9th September 2013 at 09:25.
Old 9th September 2013
Demon Girl Pro

I know to use left and right. However, once I use left or right enter doesn't do anything anymore in the main menu. I can put the focus on gallery, exit or even new game and enter just makes a tic sound. I can only start the game if I start the .exe and press enter without pressing any arrow key before that.
Old 9th September 2013
Tentacle God

azurezero is a favourite of the forumazurezero is a favourite of the forumazurezero is a favourite of the forumazurezero is a favourite of the forumazurezero is a favourite of the forumazurezero is a favourite of the forumazurezero is a favourite of the forumazurezero is a favourite of the forumazurezero is a favourite of the forumazurezero is a favourite of the forumazurezero is a favourite of the forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lozagal View Post
I know to use left and right. However, once I use left or right enter doesn't do anything anymore in the main menu. I can put the focus on gallery, exit or even new game and enter just makes a tic sound. I can only start the game if I start the .exe and press enter without pressing any arrow key before that.
that is very strange... i dont seem to have the issue at all,
if the unlock file is present there shouldnt be an x over the gallery and there shouldnt be any problem getting in

Last edited by azurezero; 9th September 2013 at 12:46.
Old 9th September 2013
Tentacle God

well that's retarded...

"Hi,

My name is Jake and I work on payments, risk, and compliance at Gumroad.

Unfortunately, our policy of selling adult content on Gumroad has recently come under scrutiny. We're a small, early company and we have to stay on the safe side in terms of the things that we allow on our platform. As we work with banks and other partners, we have to be pretty conservative, as they are. Because of this we are going to have to suspend your account later this week.

Hopefully our short terms losses lead to long term gains and we become a really good fit for you again.

Best,
the Gumroad team."

so it seems erojanken is coming off the market, not that it was making money
Old 10th September 2013
Sex Demon

thswherizat is a name known to allthswherizat is a name known to allthswherizat is a name known to allthswherizat is a name known to all

That's a shame, but you still can use paypal, right?

EDIT: Fell through the damn plants on that damn level again

Last edited by thswherizat; 10th September 2013 at 06:20.
Old 10th September 2013
Tentacle God

Quote:
Originally Posted by thswherizat View Post
That's a shame, but you still can use paypal, right?

EDIT: Fell through the damn plants on that damn level again
did you redownload the demo? i fixed that problem about 24 hours ago

here, i recorded proof for ya

http://www.livestream.com/azurezero/...6-840c694ccae8

it took me 3 attempts

Last edited by azurezero; 10th September 2013 at 09:42.
Old 10th September 2013
Tentacle God

Ha bitch be giving me neg-rep for my sale price despite the fact it was voted on and remains the top answer

http://poll.pollcode.com/ef4jr_result?v#
Old 10th September 2013
Tentacle God

GAHHHHHH waiting for dlsite is painful with these wonderful early sales (i've never had 60 in 4 days before) ... i have to know if this is the one that i can call a success allready... D; hurry uuuuuuuuuup
Old 11th September 2013
Sex Demon

Solarpants is a valued memberSolarpants is a valued member

Well, it's out on the Japanese DLSite.

You made the icon yourself, right? I'm pretty sure the abbreviation for platformers and similar games is ACT. ADV is for visual novel games.
Old 11th September 2013
Tentacle God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solarpants View Post
Well, it's out on the Japanese DLSite.

You made the icon yourself, right? I'm pretty sure the abbreviation for platformers and similar games is ACT. ADV is for visual novel games.
ADV is adventure, VN is visual novel and they just emailed me
though act is action, either fits...considering the genre hopping adventure fit best
Old 11th September 2013
Tentacle God

I should feel lucky right now, only just looked at the dissappointing sales of
Pendulum on dlsite...which i just overtook...

SO, if you haven't supported him yet, i recommend you go buy his game, because it's cheap and fun to play...

update, i'll need to wait a day or so to know but atm sales are simply good, not great on dlsite, paypal sales are still going up though

blog sales total 67 (of which i get roughly 3 per sale) making a healthy profit of 201
Old 11th September 2013
Jungle Girl

cheshireCat no longer a lurker

Oh, don't worry about dlsite--even though my sales there are non-existent, my sales through paypal basically tripled when Pendulum went up there, and my paypal buyer-log for the past few days is pretty much in moonspeak. People simply learned that if the product page links to some kind of blog, there's a good chance you can buy it a lot cheaper over there.

I hope damsel quest sells well too. People, buy his stuff--it's awesome!
Old 12th September 2013
Demon Girl Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurezero View Post
that is very strange... i dont seem to have the issue at all,
if the unlock file is present there shouldnt be an x over the gallery and there shouldnt be any problem getting in
I downloaded the demo.exe, put the files from the purchase in there and played the game just fine. There is no cross over the gallery. Is there any other way to see the cgs?
Old 12th September 2013
Demon Girl Pro

parjoala no longer a lurker

Ah fuck, I have no idea what I was trying to do with this post. Mods, please delete it.

Anyhu, until then, have a laugh:

Kid: Daddy, daddy, how long 'til we get to grandma?
Dad: Shut up and dig!

Alternatively...

Kid: Mommy, I don't like grandpa!
Mom: Shut up and eat!

Last edited by parjoala; 12th September 2013 at 08:21. Reason: I'm dumb this early in the morning.