What's new

RPG RPG Maker [Caryo] ANGEL QUEST -Holy St. Azuria- エンジェルクエスト ~聖天使アズリア~ RE117085 RJ117085

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yukikaze

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Yes!!!! looks like Caryo is finally going to release their new game near the end of this month. I've been waiting for this for a while.

It's not up on DLSite yet but heres a link to their blog.

Supposedly this is going to be their actual "first" real RPG but I'm not 100% sure.

Edit: DLSite Link

This is now released.

Uploaded here:
Thanks Tildryn for the link
Strike down evil forces by (H)entai x (H)oly divinity!

Long ago there was a great war between gods and demons that ended
in the defeat of great demon Asmodius... who vowed to rise again.
To destroy Asmodius's new army of evil, archangel Azuria--whose body has the power
to purify demons--plunged herself into the hellhole where Asmodius was sealed!

Obliterate enemies and purify through sexual healing for rewards...
Heroine Azuria is fully voiced. Scenes are fully equipped with replay features.
ANGEL QUEST is a classic old school ero RPG!

* Please play the trial version to confirm compatibility.
* Recommend purchase with DLsite account for updates.

Last edited by a moderator:

Picaboo

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Re: Caryo Angel Quest

I'm not sure the term 'game' is adequate but I always loved Caryo animations. They have always been very entertaining and very erotic.

Larcx

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I hope there is gallery option / whatsoever

I kinda lazy to play a japanese rpg game
Mostly coz of the kanji's......

Dargoth

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

It does say it's a classic fantasy RPG so it looks like we're getting a real game from Caryo, not just animations with buttons.

OP
Y

Yukikaze

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

They have been working on this for a while, I remember them saying something about "taking their old style stuff and adding RPG elements" plus there's a giant HRPG written on it but that can be misleading sometimes.

Ayra

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

They have a link on their blog to the DLSite page, where you can download the demo.

It is a traditional RPG (complete with random battles) where you play as an angel. You have your main character angel, and you pick two "helper equipment" pieces (From sword, shield, hammer and horn), which have their own skills and stats so you have 3 "characters" battles instead of the usual 1 character we usually see.

You don't get h-scenes for losing (which is an instant game over): You get them by using the spell that costs 3 MP on a monster, kill the monster (which then turns into a spirit), kill the spirit, receive a special item from it and give the item to the head angel (which also gives you Gold which I'm unsure how to use). Each monster type has a different scene and pays a different amount of gold. Scenes are text + voice (for the angel) + CG.

I definitively approve about getting scenes for winning the fights instead of losing them, but the sprites are really ugly, the battles are really simple (the 2 helper items help a bit but not much) and the game seems to be very grindy: The experience points you gain each fight is minimal, and even getting level 2 takes a while.

Picaboo

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Tried the demo but the lack of animations was a really big let down. What I love about caryo is not even in their game.

OP
Y

Yukikaze

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

I still enjoy the artwork but it isn't that fun, mayb if it was BF, or atleast something else. Just feels like "beat enemys get cg"

censuur

Tentacle God
Reputation score

This is fairly usual for Caryo actually, it seems they release animated and still images alternatingly, with the last being animated it comes as no surprise that this features still images, though maybe in the full game there might still be some (doubtful though)

censuur

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Note that the shop looking angel lets you change your equipment (allies) which can help a lot, the game really isn't all that grindy and I had trouble actually losing at any time.

Anon_Ymous

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

One thing i really like about this one is it actually works with Applocale and NTLEA, unlike all the other Caryo games.

As for the gameplay...meh, it's painfully average among H-games and just pathetic compared to actual games. I'll just wait for the CG rip.

OP
Y

Yukikaze

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

well in the past Caryo has released a few games with both CG and Animated scenes, so we can stay hopeful XD

BigJohnny

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Any idea how to get past the double iron door on level 5?
Nevermind, found a passage on the bottom of the room where you can rest.

Last edited:

Suranis

Demon Girl
Reputation score

So.... does anyone know how to get out of the floor with.. i dunno the number anymore... well you get warped in, there are animals inside, on each side of the floor like in a mirror. In the middle of the circle shaped room is a.. sort of garden.
And on the edges are the stairs (upper ones). i hope that's enough describing x).

Anyway, anyone knows how to get outta there? Spoke with all animals, checked walls for hidden pathways n stuff, but found nothing.

censuur

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Yea I'm looking into that one as well, without knowing what the goblins are saying it's difficult to determine what to do, I imagine it involves a "spot-the-difference" kind of affair, where one side of the room has a single difference.

Suranis

Demon Girl
Reputation score

The download keeps getting stuck on 59%. Yes, I'm using Chrome.
Try Firefox, worked well for me.

{edit} and to censuur, thought this aswell.
Recently found out the weapons do something in the overmap aswell, like blocking traps for you (i think the mage staff preventing me from falling and shield
prevented dmg from spikes, and so on)
Damn the sword and shield are lvl 11 with me and the mace+staff are lvl 1 -.-

Last edited:

lagoona

Reputation score

There is one movable pillar somewhere...

Status
Not open for further replies.