What's new

ACT [cheshireCat] Pendulum (AWESOME DISCOUNT! ALSO, PLEASE READ FIRST POST EDIT)

cheshireCat

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Pendulum is a casual retro tower platformer--you get the idea if you ever played something like Icy Tower. The game's hentai content consists of just sprite sex (monster girls, human, other), because I don't like still images. It also involves subtle comedy, and an obnoxious narrator that is constantly trying to distract you. The game is not what you typically see in the eroge industry, so make sure you first try out the demo before you consider purchasing the full game. So anyway--I hope you like it!

NOTE: You can ignore the bug reports and glitchy screenshots on the first page of this thread--those issues were fixed long ago.

Also, if you're a nice pirate and you'll keep your pirating out of my face, I won't consider any DRM measures in my future releases.

Criticism, praise, pointless babbling--let me hear it.

EDIT: I don't have anyone to turn to, so with nothing to lose I'm posting here.

For the past year I was having some personal issues, and by the end of it all, I actually went homeless.

In an effort to change my situation, I'm dropping the price for Pendulum down to a single dollar. I've been also working on a new game whenever I could get my hands on a pc, but it's nowhere near ready for me to be able to sell it just yet. You can read all about it on my blog (link below). If you've already read it and know of my situation, please at least mention it somewhere you frequent--getting the word out will help out a ton, I think.

Last edited by a moderator:

Syntempest

Reputation score
Re: Pendulum

I can't really play it: My graphics get all messed up, and it gets worse after every death.

Attachments

Techromancer

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Same here with the graphical glitches. It gets pretty terrifying after a bit, especially with the disembodied nonsense voice jabbering at you every time you die. Very cool idea and execution so far though, hope to see it bug free in the future.

Cptwolfgang

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

I'm no clipping through walls and platforms. It has potential though, keep at it!

Hironaru

Reputation score

Graphical errors for me as well. I don't know very much about video, but there are other developers on the forum that might be able to assist you in debugging the ghosts we are experiencing. :)

Damoriva

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Love the game so far. Is the player character supposed to look like Stuart Ashen or is that a coincidence?

OP
cheshireCat

cheshireCat

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Aww, that's not a good start.

The graphical errors you're experiencing are not an error on my part, per se, since my drawing engine takes heavy advantage of gm's surface system and works perfectly fine on systems which support it. I always thought that systems that don't were a rare, alienated case--that's what you get for getting back to developing in gm after some years. Just out of curiosity--what version of windows were you on when the glitched out graphics occured?

Point is, a few things in this game just won't work without some kind of surface system. I'll have to think of a workaround for using surfaces without using surfaces, and post an updated demo asap. Aaaand I'm already on it.

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Aww, that's not a good start.

The graphical errors you're experiencing are not an error on my part, per se, since my drawing engine takes heavy advantage of gm's surface system and works perfectly fine on systems which support it. I always thought that systems that don't were a rare, alienated case--that's what you get for getting back to developing in gm after some years. Just out of curiosity--what version of windows were you on when the glitched out graphics occured?

Point is, a few things in this game just won't work without some kind of surface system. I'll have to think of a workaround for using surfaces without using surfaces, and post an updated demo asap. Aaaand I'm already on it.
from what it seems everyones version is fucked up...im on windows7

Damoriva

Cthulhu
Reputation score

I had no graphical fuckups, even after dying a dozen times. I'm on Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit, if that helps at all.

bplord

Reputation score

The graphics just keep layering until it's unplayable from each death. I'm running windows 7 32 bit. Help?

OP
cheshireCat

cheshireCat

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Do the graphics get distorted only after dying, or also while you ascend the tower when you first turn on the game? If the former--do they still appear glitched when you enter debug mode (F1), then restart (Backspace)?

edit: NEVERMIND--I could replicate the glitch on my old laptop. It seems it's caused by 32/64bit os differences, and the game looks as expected only on 64bit systems (which makes zero sense). I'm currently working on a fix.

Last edited:

kiko

aka the Asian rapper Kikkoman Flowsauce
Reputation score

Do the graphics get distorted only after dying, or also while you ascend the tower when you first turn on the game? If the former--do they still appear glitched when you enter debug mode (F1), then restart (Backspace)?

edit: NEVERMIND--I could replicate the glitch on my old laptop. It seems it's caused by 32/64bit os differences, and the game looks as expected only on 64bit systems (which makes zero sense). I'm currently working on a fix.
Good luck with that.But can I ask you a favor?I currently cannot access mega for undefined reasons.So could you please upload the game to 4shared or Rapidshare?Thanks in advance.

OP
cheshireCat

cheshireCat

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Fixed.

I've uploaded the fixed demo (see first post for links) and added some download mirrors.

Now--I want opinions.

frosthelium

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

ok, downloaded the fixed version and I'm having little graphical problems :D
I cannot see the platforms.. but they are there as I can still jump on them..
I have Win XP..

UrineOnU

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Fixed.

I've uploaded the fixed demo (see first post for links) and added some download mirrors.

Now--I want opinions.
I like it, runs smooth and controls are decent, got allittle pissed when i got pretty high then a spiderlady got me when i was so careful not to jump into them before. That's acceptable anyways the tower is infinite right now so i guess it doesn't matter.

Graphics have a nice unique style but doesn't really do much in terms of hentai animation, I'm guessing hes being forced to munch carpet right?

Is it the god of the tower that smites you with lightning or something else that breaks you free for the grabs?

Increasing the speed/difficulty to max in debug is pretty brutal, one square and the enemy takes up the whole platform, not to mention the sand/lava going super fast also. Would be cool if the top of the tower or end of level gets like this for extra challenge.

textbook703

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

The sound effects during the sprite rape are excellent. I wish there was a creampie animation instead of lightning, though; I always feel that animations lacking orgasm are disappointing. Instinctually, sex without climax is frustrating.

FruitSmoothie

Tentacle God
Reputation score

The couple screenshots in this thread so far look kind of terrifying (Reminds me of giant head mode enabled from Blitz) Are those just weird screens or is that the style...?

OP
cheshireCat

cheshireCat

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Love the game so far. Is the player character supposed to look like Stuart Ashen or is that a coincidence?
I aimed for a generic appearance, even though he does kinda look like that stuart guy.

ok, downloaded the fixed version and I'm having little graphical problems :D
I cannot see the platforms.. but they are there as I can still jump on them..
I have Win XP..
As in only the platforms? Care to take a screenshot and pm it to me? The drawing engine handles everything exactly the same, so this shouldn't happen.

Graphics have a nice unique style but doesn't really do much in terms of hentai animation, I'm guessing hes being forced to munch carpet right?
He's getting a bj. It's kinda hard to detail a penis in this style on a 3x2 pixel space while the pixels under it are the same colour--and with having that knowledge, I still don't want to half-ass by doing only cowgirl variations.

Is it the god of the tower that smites you with lightning or something else that breaks you free for the grabs?
I'll leave that up for interpretation, for now.

Increasing the speed/difficulty to max in debug is pretty brutal, one square and the enemy takes up the whole platform, not to mention the sand/lava going super fast also. Would be cool if the top of the tower or end of level gets like this for extra challenge.
The main game will consist of five intervals, each with set difficulty (lava speed, platform width), but it will get harder by spawning enemies more often as you progress through a stage (this is already implemented, but you won't really be able to see it without playing with variables under the f1 key, or ascending without deaths for two minutes). The harder stages will be balanced out with eg. only flying enemies, or the ability to double jump.

The sound effects during the sprite rape are excellent. I wish there was a creampie animation instead of lightning, though; I always feel that animations lacking orgasm are disappointing. Instinctually, sex without climax is frustrating.
All sex animations will have a finish, once unlocked in the gallery.

Zynax

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

For some reason I like this game's idea, it's kind of weird how it presents as a stylized retro platformer with an actual design (even if simple), very different from most hentai content, and does hold promise. However, I'd definitely say that the x4 magnification is too large without a doubt and no longer aesthetically appealing (in other words, the sprites are too small). Of course x4 is actually x16 magnification in terms of area size, which is just gigantic pixels. This translates into the H animation being very hard to decipher.

kiko

aka the Asian rapper Kikkoman Flowsauce
Reputation score

It kind of reminds me of Icy Tower.You know,the one with "Harold the homeboy" and you jump up and up into infinity.