What's new

Ring of Lust Translation Project (Updated 28/04/2013)

noman

Lurker
Reputation score
Introducing update patches to reduce download time.

Firstly, this is alpha as fuck. No, not alpha as in alpha male, but alpha as in not ready for release. This game might crash horribly, so play at your own risk.

Secondly, you need to set regional language to SIMPLIFIED Chinese.

Thirdly, this game is made using RPG maker XP, so you need the RTP for that. I am not sure if you need the Chinese RPG Maker XP RTP for it to work. So if it doesn't work, give me a heads up and I will modify my post.

Download links:
Newest Patch - Updated 28/04/2013
O6s1Umj0yRNrf79SWfJ7jVsXli5BjCPbbdk-HG5YZyw
Latest Full Game - Updated 06/04/2013
cxy-sFK8MMBfWV-ciSvhVzZGAR133RmOatx_Q5gE35Y
Simplified Chinese RPG Maker XP -
H1iZrRWx95Ix7c2LVlfQk3dj-qECGmJzQ-CdzTdzgk8
Original V 1.00 - (Password 1019597050)
V 1.06 update -

Installation Instruction:
Overwrite files in game folder using patch. For how to play the game, read the link below.

Other Links:

(Not the original Hongfire thread unfortunately. I think that was deleted.)

Progress:
28/04/2013 Translated defence item names, a few of the conversations in the Capital.
06/04/2013 Translated all weapon names, some items, most spells/skills, part of the UI (not sure where to find the rest), apartment (partial), important NPC names.
05/04/2013 Translated part of the intro, most of the spell names and some of the character's name.

A short note regarding this project
Back when this game was first released, the developer gave his consent for any third-party translation project. The Hongfire thread was shut down because some people were not happy about the developer using resources from another game (which in turn stole it from another source) and made a fuss about it, and the mods decided it was more trouble than it was worth. However, at no point did the developer revoke his previous consent.

Screenshots coming soon.

Last edited:

karmapowered

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Ring of Lust Translation Project

I am going to keep an (interested) eye on this project. Thank you for undertaking it.

Just a question : is setting the regional settings to simplified Chinese mandatory ? Will it be for the fully translated version ? I can set up a virtual box for that, but it sounds a bit overkill to me just for a single game.

KHTA

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I am going to keep an (interested) eye on this project. Thank you for undertaking it.

Just a question : is setting the regional settings to simplified Chinese mandatory ? Will it be for the fully translated version ? I can set up a virtual box for that, but it sounds a bit overkill to me just for a single game.
Translating doesn't change the requirements for a game, localizing does.
If you play a game and it gets bought by a English company, they translate the language into English and localize the software for use on English based systems. But when it's a fan-translation, all they do is translate the language into English the software is still localized for it's original system.

In other words, if you needed to change your system pre-translation you'll still need to do so post-translation.

Reactions: PLG

karmapowered

Lurker
Reputation score

Got it.

I didn't mean to sound ungrateful, just asking if there was a hope to see this requirement vanish with time (and completion of the translation).

It appears that it will remain, and I will just have to cope with it. It's still a worthy project to me, relevant to my interests.

Thank you for the clarification.

kR1pt0n1t3

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Is there any RJ number to this? Screenshots or something?

duck666

Tentacle God
Reputation score

WTF? HTTPS websites... I do not trust it...

KHTA

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Got it.

I didn't mean to sound ungrateful, just asking if there was a hope to see this requirement vanish with time (and completion of the translation).

It appears that it will remain, and I will just have to cope with it. It's still a worthy project to me, relevant to my interests.

Thank you for the clarification.
No worries, you didn't sound ungrateful. Just my policy of instead of just telling someone "yes or no" I like to explain why the answer is so.

karmapowered

Lurker
Reputation score

@KHTA

I wish more people had policies like yours. Thanks again.

@kR1pt0n1t3

The only threads I am aware of are on Hongfire, and most of the interesting ones have been deleted, at the request of the original author as far as I could tell.

@duck666

I downloaded all the archives, and after a quick inspection they seem legit to me. Only differences between original and newest version are in the map files (rxdata), which is to be expected. The exe doesn't ring any alarm either with my AV. Just not sure why the RGSS103J.dll file is nearly three times as big in size as the other games that I have and that use it, but that's not a cause on my side to suspect someone with 550+ posts to start uploading virus infected crap on this forum. YMMV, of course.

killzone184

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

hello i have a question is anyone getting a error when you press the heart in your magic menu? whenever i do it the game crashes and a message pops up saying Japanese graphic's/characters Japanese1 im thinking its a picture or a sound file anyway was wondering does anyone have the data folder for it and doesnt have a error messages when they press the heart magic?

p.s. i would take a screenshot but fraps is being stupid and doesnt want to start up which other program i can use to take shots?

oh Chinese? damn thought this was a jgame?

moogles

Lurker
Reputation score

hello i have a question is anyone getting a error when you press the heart in your magic menu? whenever i do it the game crashes and a message pops up saying Japanese graphic's/characters Japanese1 im thinking its a picture or a sound file anyway was wondering does anyone have the data folder for it and doesnt have a error messages when they press the heart magic?

p.s. i would take a screenshot but fraps is being stupid and doesnt want to start up which other program i can use to take shots?

oh Chinese? damn thought this was a jgame?
The original game crashed a ton, also, print screen works, if you can't get fraps working.

OfficerTJHooker

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Ah, I remember this game. Never ended up beating it, but it was pretty decent game if I recall correctly. It was hard as fuck, too. Anyone wishing to seriously clearing it may want to consult a guide or some sort.

I wish you the best of luck in your translation efforts.

OP
noman

noman

Lurker
Reputation score

The original game crashed a ton, also, print screen works, if you can't get fraps working.
Did you decompress the game while in Simplified Chinese Unicode? The name of your game on the upper left corner on your screenshot is messed up. It should look like this.

@KHTA

I wish more people had policies like yours. Thanks again.

@kR1pt0n1t3

The only threads I am aware of are on Hongfire, and most of the interesting ones have been deleted, at the request of the original author as far as I could tell.

@duck666

I downloaded all the archives, and after a quick inspection they seem legit to me. Only differences between original and newest version are in the map files (rxdata), which is to be expected. The exe doesn't ring any alarm either with my AV. Just not sure why the RGSS103J.dll file is nearly three times as big in size as the other games that I have and that use it, but that's not a cause on my side to suspect someone with 550+ posts to start uploading virus infected crap on this forum. YMMV, of course.
The Hongfire thread was closed because of the fuss about stolen resources, and apparently some of the idiots actually went to the original Chinese forum to complain about it. This is why we can't have nice things. The same thing happened to Violated Heroine. Some bastard kept bugging the developers, so they decided to just block all foreign IPs.

I have no idea why the RGS file is so big either. May be it's something to do with RPGmaker XP? I haven't seen any RPGmaker XP games for a while.

WTF? HTTPS websites... I do not trust it...
It's my person server. I am using a link shortener because I want to see the statistics - my server has a bandwidth limit, so I want to know where the download requests are coming from. (outside of ulmf that is). However, if you prefer I can also upload onto mediafire instead.

Is there any RJ number to this? Screenshots or something?
It's a Chinese fan made game. There is no CG, just sprite sex. However, it is one of the BEST RPGmaker H game ever to be made, even when compared to popular games such as Virgin Island, Lady Knight and Dragon and Saki Quest.

Translating doesn't change the requirements for a game, localizing does.
If you play a game and it gets bought by a English company, they translate the language into English and localize the software for use on English based systems. But when it's a fan-translation, all they do is translate the language into English the software is still localized for it's original system.

In other words, if you needed to change your system pre-translation you'll still need to do so post-translation.
I wish I know how to localize too, but I do not have the knowledge to do so.

Last edited:

The Lurkers Shadow

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Thank you noman for translating this game, I've been waiting a long time to see someone pick this up and translate. The game is huge and actually pretty enjoyable as a RPG, but being at the mercy of google translate was painful and killed some of the enjoyment for me. Got a fair distance into the game especially after getting the 7 drag- err X-balls to cheat happily and make the more annoying problems like lust and perversion less bothersome.

Good luck in your translating.

moogles

Lurker
Reputation score

Did you decompress the game while in Simplified Chinese Unicode? The name of your game on the upper left corner on your screenshot is messed up. It should look like this.
Ah no, I was just doing a quick demonstration to repeat the error he was getting :p

Anyway, even when set to chinese the game crashed a ton, basically you had to save every once in awhile or lose a lot of progress. (have to actually set your PC to chinese also, using applocal didn't work right).

OP
noman

noman

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Ring of Lust Translation Project (Updated 06/04/2013)

I thought V 1.06 was supposed to have most of the bugs fixed, but then even I haven't finished playing the game. I lost my old save files, so I will need to start over again.

I couldn't upload the RPG Maker XP to mediafire, so I have to upload it to Mega instead, which means you will have to use chrome to download it unfortunately. It might just be my internet connection though, which is being a little wonky at the moment. I will try again tomorrow.

The Lurkers Shadow

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

I thought V 1.06 was supposed to have most of the bugs fixed, but then even I haven't finished playing the game. I lost my old save files, so I will need to start over again.

I couldn't upload the RPG Maker XP to mediafire, so I have to upload it to Mega instead, which means you will have to use chrome to download it unfortunately. It might just be my internet connection though, which is being a little wonky at the moment. I will try again tomorrow.
Here are all my save files taken before most of the bosses in the game. Should help shorten the work time with these.

Attachments

KeiranD

Cthulhu
Reputation score

I'm not sure, but I think if you put chinese rtp .dll into games directory, you don't need to install chinese rtp package

OP
noman

noman

Lurker
Reputation score

Here are all my save files taken before most of the bosses in the game. Should help shorten the work time with these.
Thanks. This will definitely come handy.

I'm not sure, but I think if you put chinese rtp .dll into games directory, you don't need to install chinese rtp package
The only dll file I can find in program files(x86)/RPG Maker XP is SciLexer.dll, which is just 348 KB in size. That doesn't seem right.

I just received an email from Mediafire saying that my file has been taken down. A lot of the RPG maker games on this forum are shared through Mediafire, and the links stay up for very long time. Am I doing something wrong? I mean this game isn't even copyrighted.

asaness

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Thanks. This will definitely come handy.

The only dll file I can find in program files(x86)/RPG Maker XP is SciLexer.dll, which is just 348 KB in size. That doesn't seem right.

I just received an email from Mediafire saying that my file has been taken down. A lot of the RPG maker games on this forum are shared through Mediafire, and the links stay up for very long time. Am I doing something wrong? I mean this game isn't even copyrighted.
MF ever since Megaupload has been taken down by the FBI they been taking down a lot of stuff lately so their just being careful especially when it comes it Rar files they dont seem to like it anymore , heck even the saves ive uploaded there in Rar gets deleted XD as well as ive seen patches such as English patches from Wairus blog for trans for Majikoi S and other English patches so ive been reuploading them in other sites like 4shared or uploaded

Last edited: