What's new

ACT Beginning of the End

Bastille

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Another interesting demo that popped up last month. You're a chainsaw-weilding gothic lolita and beyond that, I'm not too sure.

Still not sure what exactly triggers starting the game beyond button mashing at the start screen but the controls are as follows (Credit for the translation of the readme goes to NNin from Ryoani)
Controls from readme
Z: Attack
X: Jump
C: Grab enemy.
Down: Crouch.
Ctrl: Mode Change between Walk and Dash. You can climb wall and ceiling while in Dash mode.
S: Panel. Hiding, Use 1 Chainsaw Energy.
R: Restart stage or boss fight.

Hold Z: Chainsaw Spin. Can make you hover some in air.
Hold down + Z: Charge Chainsaw Energy.
X, then X: Double jump (Walk) or Spin jump (Dash). Spin jump to wall or ceiling to climb it.

Dash Mode only
Down + Z: Fast Dash, can be used for escape.
Up or Down + C: Grab high or low.

Grabing Enemy
Hold Z: Slice
C: Pile Banker. Use 1 Chainsaw Energy.
Down + C: Release enemy.

Debug
Q, W, E, T: Call enemy.
7: Check spots.
8: Increase health.
5: Reduce health.
9: Toggle bigger screen.
6: Chainsaw on/off
., 1, 2, 3: Status. Stone, poison, slimy, half stone
*: reduce FPS
/: Toggle Final Attack on/off (Don't know what it is. Off by default.)
+, -: ???
1 (not on numpad): Chainsaw Throw. Doesn't deal damge, yet.

Last edited by a moderator:

FruitSmoothie

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Beginning of the End

I already love this game so much, in that short demo, so much original content. The weapon/movement in this is awesome. Nothing like riding a chainsaw across a ceiling. Love the afflictions, if you get slimed, you'll slip off your chainsaw dash and faceplant, it's hilarious. Looking forward to this game hard.

Is there more past the first boss? The eye guy? I beat him but it just made me chill on that screen till I died :(

Last edited:

slimbeatty

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

um... i cant read japanese wheres the download link

OP
Bastille

Bastille

Demon Girl
Reputation score

um... i cant read japanese wheres the download link
Enter the password into the box and press the button beside it.

I already love this game so much, in that short demo, so much original content. The weapon/movement in this is awesome. Nothing like riding a chainsaw across a ceiling. Love the afflictions, if you get slimed, you'll slip off your chainsaw dash and faceplant, it's hilarious. Looking forward to this game hard.

Is there more past the first boss? The eye guy? I beat him but it just made me chill on that screen till I died :(
Yeah, that's all there is for now. It looks like it will shape up into a promising game.

War1926

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Enter the password into the box and press the button beside it.

Yeah, that's all there is for now. It looks like it will shape up into a promising game.
What Box? I dont See any box, Explain pls we dont know jap.

Vinceras

Formerly Havokor
Reputation score

What Box? I dont See any box, Explain pls we dont know jap.
Click on the very first link on this thread. Scroll down about 2 inches and enter "ryona" in to the box that's just below the blue area. Click the button next to where you typed. New page pops up...scroll down under the blue area again and click the box right under it. New page. Download should start automatically.

Now, for the actual game. Graphics aren't great but it's definitely a good fighting system and there aren't any control problems! The 'dash mode' is a lot of fun and relatively easy to pick up and get the hang of. The only thing that's difficult is getting used to switching between it and walk mode on the fly. The tree is relatively difficult to fight...lots of timing situations and switching to dash and back but it's manageable. Can't wait for more updates.

Only suggestion is some sort of zoom mode when captured and on the finish moves. And definitely more levels and more enemies!

FruitSmoothie

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Tree fight difficult? P.S: You can stay in the air almost indefinitely.

Vinceras

Formerly Havokor
Reputation score

Tree fight difficult? P.S: You can stay in the air almost indefinitely.
In comparison to the rest of the enemies, yeah...it's a lot more difficult lol. But that's a given since it is a boss fight, after all.

RandomGuy

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

So is this mostly just ryona or is there sex in it, too?

FruitSmoothie

Tentacle God
Reputation score

So is this mostly just ryona or is there sex in it, too?
I don't know what your definition of ryona is, so I'll just say that it has brutal deaths, and hasn't really mixed h content with deaths yet to my knowledge, closest is the tentacles in the boss room but the sprite is so small it's difficult to tell.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

The download now link gives me a 503 error when I click it. And when I go throught the IE downlod popup bullshit it DLs and then I get an invalid or corrupt error on the zip file. Any other hosts for this file?

OP
Bastille

Bastille

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Is the site still 503-ing on you? That just means they're temporarly unable to handle your request to view the site and to try again later. As for being corrupt... Download it again? It can be uploaded elsewhere but offloading it to another site means less download counts there and the more downloads there, the more effort the creator is likely to put in for finishing the game.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Ended up having to use a download manager because that site wants to give me a shitty connection every time, often dropping down to bytes per second, finally got it done though.

OP
Bastille

Bastille

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I wouldn't be blaming the site for that. Doing a tracert from your comp to the download server would likely place the crappy hop closer to your end than theirs.