The Unofficial LineMarvel Forums  

Go Back   The Unofficial LineMarvel Forums > Hentai > Under Construction

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 27th June 2011
crouler crouler is offline
Demon Girl Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 181
crouler is new around here
Default Alone (RPG Maker VX)

I have dedicated a lot of my sparetime into making a game! Of epic proportions!
Or something like that.
Anyway, a lot of time, yes...
So, I wish to hear if anyone would be willing to beta test it for me?
I am indeed in need of someone who doesn't know how it is "supposed" to be, so they can find any would be bugs. The game is far from finished, but I spend almost 1 and a half hour going through it, knowing what to do, so I'm guessing it won't be completely boring for the testers. Anyway, I hope for some good souls who wish to help me.

The game takes place in a medieval style environment. And... Wait for it!... You are the only male on the planet. on top of that you are what they call "a divine".
So grab your cape, and take off your pants (it sucks to fuck with them on), and get ready to do something... Something...

So anyway, if you are interested, write in this here thread
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 27th June 2011
Kron Kron is offline
Jungle Girl
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 35
Kron has just started to contribute
Default Re: Alone (RPG Maker VX)

Always on the look out for interesting RPg maker games, so sure, why not.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 27th June 2011
crouler crouler is offline
Demon Girl Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 181
crouler is new around here
Default Re: Alone (RPG Maker VX)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kron View Post
Always on the look out for interesting RPg maker games, so sure, why not.
I'm uploading the game as we speak. I promise it'll be great... There'll be swords... And staffs... :P

Since I want it to be a closed testing, I'll send you the link in a private message instead of just posting the link.

Last edited by crouler; 27th June 2011 at 18:41.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 27th June 2011
Roadkill007's Avatar
Roadkill007 Roadkill007 is offline
Mystic Girl
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Under your bed
Posts: 237
Roadkill007 no longer a lurker
Default Re: Alone (RPG Maker VX)

I'd like to help but what is required? you want us to betch at you when the game bugs out? or let you know of imbalances, bad progression, etc?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 27th June 2011
Inquisitor Inquisitor is offline
Jungle Girl
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 22
Inquisitor has just started to contribute
Default Re: Alone (RPG Maker VX)

Would you be so kind and send me a link to? Currently, im bored and I'm using rpg-maker vx aswell. Maybe I can help you finding some bugs.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 27th June 2011
crouler crouler is offline
Demon Girl Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 181
crouler is new around here
Default Re: Alone (RPG Maker VX)

Roadkill: Yes, I want you to tell me everything that is nagging you, be it bugs or imballancing or even storyline fuck ups. Names of people that is fucked, spelling errors... Anything at all... Maybe I've called the same npc something different on different occasions Anything you notice

inquisitor: Sure I'll send you a pm.

Last edited by crouler; 27th June 2011 at 19:03.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 27th June 2011
Quari Quari is offline
Jungle Girl
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 31
Quari is new around here
Default Re: Alone (RPG Maker VX)

I'd always be willing to beta test for rpg maker gamers , love them. So if you need any more testers, i volunteer!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 27th June 2011
ker ker is offline
Demon Girl
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 76
ker is a valued memberker is a valued member
Default Re: Alone (RPG Maker VX)

I'm good with VX, feel free to send me a link or ddl. Just a quick fyi for you, having beta testers is far easier with a SVN setup. I use Assembla myself. The people who help me test can commit their corrections without me having to redo all their work.

Check out my game if you want http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showth...0.3.1-released
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 27th June 2011
FinalDrake FinalDrake is offline
Demon Girl
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 84
FinalDrake has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default Re: Alone (RPG Maker VX)

Hey i got the spare time and i'm always up for testing out new games.
Hell it what i do with my spare time pretty much
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 27th June 2011
crouler crouler is offline
Demon Girl Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 181
crouler is new around here
Default Re: Alone (RPG Maker VX)

Sorry to the ones who couldn't unpack the game <.< I'll try reuploading a new version. I'll also send the game to the ones of you who'd like to test it out
And ker, I'll check out your game once some free time opens up in my schedule

Last edited by crouler; 27th June 2011 at 22:47.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 27th June 2011
Six Six is offline
Jungle Girl
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 45
Six is new around here
Default Re: Alone (RPG Maker VX)

Sure could use a new rpg and looking for problems also happen to be something that I like doing.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 27th June 2011
ker ker is offline
Demon Girl
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 76
ker is a valued memberker is a valued member
Default Re: Alone (RPG Maker VX)

If you want to involve a few testers you really should use a SVN setup. Go to assembla.com and create a space for yourself. Download tortisesvn, create a new folder, create a repository pointing toward your space in Assembla. Copy your game files there them commit the base version.

The advantage to that is your testers can do fixes on their own and commit them to the svn at will, rather than having you trying to co-ordinate 3-4 different people sending in bug reports. It makes life dramatically easier.

A couple of things early
-A handful of typos.
-You can cast fire before you get the staff which goes against the text. You can add skills through events (Actor - change skills). Drop the hp on the initial skeles if you do though
-In Alice's caves the passage to cave 3 is very hard to find (I had to look at the game in the builder to find it). You need to do something to visually indicate it, or put the outside walls of the cave up.

Saving as I'm going into the forest. I'll send more as I have it.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 27th June 2011
crouler crouler is offline
Demon Girl Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 181
crouler is new around here
Default Re: Alone (RPG Maker VX)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ker View Post
If you want to involve a few testers you really should use a SVN setup. Go to assembla.com and create a space for yourself. Download tortisesvn, create a new folder, create a repository pointing toward your space in Assembla. Copy your game files there them commit the base version.

The advantage to that is your testers can do fixes on their own and commit them to the svn at will, rather than having you trying to co-ordinate 3-4 different people sending in bug reports. It makes life dramatically easier.

A couple of things early
-A handful of typos.
-You can cast fire before you get the staff which goes against the text. You can add skills through events (Actor - change skills). Drop the hp on the initial skeles if you do though
-In Alice's caves the passage to cave 3 is very hard to find (I had to look at the game in the builder to find it). You need to do something to visually indicate it, or put the outside walls of the cave up.

Saving as I'm going into the forest. I'll send more as I have it.
Which type of space did you use?

Also, I've changed the entrance to the last part of the cave, so It should be much more visible now. And casting the fireball before getting the staff will be solved xD
After some considderation, I'm not sure about the fire thing actually. Seing as it's not necesarry to even take the staff it's more of a small introduction, saying you are a mage.

Last edited by crouler; 27th June 2011 at 23:48.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 27th June 2011
Quari Quari is offline
Jungle Girl
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 31
Quari is new around here
Default Re: Alone (RPG Maker VX)

Yep as i said in the pm, i also found the passage quite hard to find, after that , in the forest you may want to lower the chance of being poisoned because it seems to happen somewhat too often and i have to rush back to heal myself again, or reload my save :P

*edit

Found another thing in the town, he says:

*I'm always willing to help yound naked women...*

yound --> young ofcourse

*When the main characters asks for the climbing rope, he actually says he needs robe instead of a rope

Last edited by Quari; 28th June 2011 at 00:08.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 28th June 2011
crouler crouler is offline
Demon Girl Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 181
crouler is new around here
Default Re: Alone (RPG Maker VX)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quari View Post
Yep as i said in the pm, i also found the passage quite hard to find, after that , in the forest you may want to lower the chance of being poisoned because it seems to happen somewhat too often and i have to rush back to heal myself again, or reload my save :P

*edit

Found another thing in the town, he says:

*I'm always willing to help yound naked women...*

yound --> young ofcourse
Thanks Corrected the typo. Now another thing, I already lowered the chance of getting poisoned a quite a bit. I'll see if it can be lowered a bit, again, without being totally easy to go through the area
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 19:11.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.