What's new

I'm up for making H-games

NookieNookie

Banned
Reputation score
I've been lurking around for some time in this part of the forum specifically and so far there's some nice ideas for H-games. The thing is that I don't know if someone needs help or they're going to make the game on his/her own.

Even a team is required to make a small game and I'm starting to keep that in mind. I think that I'm more towards the artistic/visualization side of games; I can do some writing and story development as well.

I'm pretty persistent and I do keep people updated; I really do hope to expect the same from potential team members. Well I guess to start off, anyone needs me to draw out or visualize something for a game?....it's free :)

*Update June 7, 2011*
If you need an artist for your game then I would be glad to help, but there's a catch. I've finally found a project that I see myself spending more time in and if I do end up helping you on your project, the updates will be slow. But hey, I don't mind if you nag on me to get some sprites done.

Examples of work:

This one is based on MoT's character. I made a rendition of her. :3

This one is some character designs for Angelkara's idea for Tentacle-tan. Hopefully her team could finalize the character design. :/

This is an update on rape animation when she encountered the tentacle trap. >:>

Last edited:
Reputation score
Re: I'm up for making H-games

Don't take this as an insult, because I don't mean it that way. But right now you're not offering anything that anyone else on the forum couldn't do themselves really.

If that was all it took to make a game, I'd have made half a dozen by now, and others moreso. What most of us don't have, and need the most, are programming skills, or experience with the technical side of gaming, or the production of detailed animated sprites.

Cactuses

The user formerly known as MoT
Reputation score

Don't take this as an insult, because I don't mean it that way. But right now you're not offering anything that anyone else on the forum couldn't do themselves really.
But then again if you look at the amount of topics that mostly look for artists..

Incubus

Horn Dog
Reputation score

Yeah, there may be plenty of people here able to write/story dev and there's a good number of people who can program, but we have a shortage of artists.

OP
NookieNookie

NookieNookie

Banned
Reputation score

If that was all it took to make a game, I'd have made half a dozen by now, and others moreso. What most of us don't have, and need the most, are programming skills, or experience with the technical side of gaming, or the production of detailed animated sprites.
MoT and Incubus got a point, there's usually someone who doesn't mind doing the programming and for some reason artists are usually needed.

There are those who can make something themselves, but if you take a look at commercial game titles and even most indie titles....do you think that Dragon Age I and II was made by one person?

Okay, I'll just keep waiting...it's hard to come by people who are dedicated and persistent and yet there are those who want to start something and won't give anyone else a chance to start something with them. :D

UrineOnU

Cthulhu
Reputation score

MoT and Incubus got a point, there's usually someone who doesn't mind doing the programming and for some reason artists are usually needed.

There are those who can make something themselves, but if you take a look at commercial game titles and even most indie titles....do you think that Dragon Age I and II was made by one person?

Okay, I'll just keep waiting...it's hard to come by people who are dedicated and persistent and yet there are those who want to start something and won't give anyone else a chance to start something with them. :D
If you were sitting right beside me i would gladly accept your help but the only way for two artists to work together online is too make a shared internet folder and a small forum or website, but that hasn't gone very well for some people so I wouldn't recommend it.

OP
NookieNookie

NookieNookie

Banned
Reputation score

If you were sitting right beside me i would gladly accept your help but the only way for two artists to work together online is too make a shared internet folder and a small forum or website, but that hasn't gone very well for some people so I wouldn't recommend it.
I heard some interview about the indie game Aquaria; the artist is in the USA and the programmer is in Canada...somehow the game was made and completed.

I've heard comments like yours before and it's kind of frustrating that someone is calling it quits when there's no attempt. A shared internet folder and a small forum or website is nice, but I don't mind posting updates on this forum.

All I'm asking is a place to start and a team to work with so I'll keep waiting. :)

Incubus

Horn Dog
Reputation score

I heard some interview about the indie game Aquaria; the artist is in the USA and the programmer is in Canada...somehow the game was made and completed.

I've heard comments like yours before and it's kind of frustrating that someone is calling it quits when there's no attempt. A shared internet folder and a small forum or website is nice, but I don't mind posting updates on this forum.

All I'm asking is a place to start and a team to work with so I'll keep waiting. :)
Oh, he's not denying that teams can be in multiple places and make it work; it's just having two artists can be problematic because the art style needs to be consistent throughout, which is harder if you're not next to one another.

What sort of game are you interested in? Perhaps you could get your own project started rather than trying to jump onto an existing one; picking up a programmer couldn't be that hard once you've got some work done.

OP
NookieNookie

NookieNookie

Banned
Reputation score

Oh, he's not denying that teams can be in multiple places and make it work; it's just having two artists can be problematic because the art style needs to be consistent throughout, which is harder if you're not next to one another.

What sort of game are you interested in? Perhaps you could get your own project started rather than trying to jump onto an existing one; picking up a programmer couldn't be that hard once you've got some work done.
I'm interested in any type of game genre; the interesting ones are a mix of genres (ex. action-RPG/beat-em-up platformer). Also I want to be assured that the game will be feasible to make; there's nothing wrong with being a bit too ambitious, but I make sure that the game will be worked on until it's done.

As much as I want to be the game designer, I will give someone a chance and make one's game come to life. I think that having some games under my belt will give me credibility to design my own game and to develop a team....that's how the pros do it anyway. ;)

As for the art styles having to be consistent, the artists should compromise which art asset are they covering (i.e. backgrounds, character design, animation, game GUI, etc.)

Last edited:

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

If there truly are programmers willing and able to do so, and you can sort out a team with them, then the idea that's always been floating in my head is this.

Make a game with stickman/mspaint-noob quality place holder graphics, and demonstrate it as a functional game. Design it with all the graphics data left open/uncompressed (kinda similar to how the voice data in Nanocrisis is done, or the enemy graphics in BlankBlood) so that players (and hopefully artists) can redraw and modify it themselves. Once a potential artist has seen the game, they will already have a good idea of what it is that needs to be done.

I'm not sure exactly how feasible this design concept actually is in practice, but it seems like a reasonable idea to me. If your short on art staff, then start anyway and use a demo to recruit them. An ero stickman game might be bloody hilarious, but it would be proof of the design and concept, as well as dedication and ability to see it through.

Incubus

Horn Dog
Reputation score

I think he is the artist.

My suggestion would be to actually put up some examples of your work in the blank page, so people know what they're getting.

OP
NookieNookie

NookieNookie

Banned
Reputation score

My suggestion would be to actually put up some examples of your work in the blank page, so people know what they're getting.
I currently lack some examples to show... <:3c

OP
NookieNookie

NookieNookie

Banned
Reputation score

Well, the solution there is obvious...
Sigh...well I'm still available then. I'll take requests if no one believes what I'm capable of. :*

Update: If the request is for a game, then I'm more opt to do it.

Last edited:

Incubus

Horn Dog
Reputation score

Sigh...well I'm still available then. I'll take requests if no one believes what I'm capable of. :*
I'm just saying, it won't hurt your credibility; it'll get people more interested in working with you, and give you feedback.

Personally, I think the internet needs more good images of succubi/demon girls :p

OP
NookieNookie

NookieNookie

Banned
Reputation score

Okay then, I'll take requests. Send me a PM if interested. It would help if requests are specific as possible. :eek:

ker

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

I'm working on Harem (mostly on Hongfire but I keep a thread here as well) and have a bit of a team already (I code/image, and have a person assisting with mapping and another for QA).

I'm horrid at sprites, and haven't found anyone with any real flair for them. If you'd be willing, I'd love someone to talk a look at the sprites I have and make them good.

PM for SVN access if you're interested.

Edit : Also if you have a basic fluency in RPGmaker VX you could help with events/story. I have the main plotline events done, but I need to spend a few hours adding in alot of flavor text and non-vital NPCs to help fill the world.

OP
NookieNookie

NookieNookie

Banned
Reputation score

KAPOW! I did this just for fun. I felt like updating the rape animation for Zeta. >:p