What's new

OP
YummyTiger

YummyTiger

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Aylia's Story - English H-Game Goodness!

For me, at least hurt image. You only change her eyes closed, mouth opening, red blush. And you can use this face image to other outfits.
Each outfit will use a different body posture, so transferring the face between outfits would not work. The potato sack and peasant dress only use the same battle posture because the potato sack has such a limited role in the game. It was not worth designing an entirely new posture for about 6 battles. One of my pet peeves is the body template approach where every outfit is just pasted to the same body template--that is just so... boring.

Additionally, the current RPG Maker script I am using (and have modified) does not allow for easy transitioning between images. I'm having certain enemy skills run a common event that will change Aylia's battle graphic to her "exposed" state when enemy H attacks occur, but that method would not work for a hurt animation. I'd have to explore how ScaleGarden does it, but his scripts are RPG Maker XP (I think), so their help is limited.

Believe me, nothing in RPG Maker is ever as easy as it seems... especially for an incompetent programmer like me ;)

Ericridge

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Odd, works fine for me. Maybe a codec issue? I'll see if anyone else posts about it. Also, perhaps it is something screwy with the compressing and releasing the game. The video is an ogv file that does not get included in the encrypted file.
That might be why because I remember playing the old demo and it never crashed. I'll be waiting for you to upload the uh file that gets included?

Thedeadly

Demon Girl
Reputation score

That might be why because I remember playing the old demo and it never crashed. I'll be waiting for you to upload the uh file that gets included?
If you're missing the file here I uploaded it. Just drop that folder into your game folder and it should be fine.

Ericridge

Tentacle God
Reputation score
If you're missing the file here I uploaded it. Just drop that folder into your game folder and it should be fine.
That didn't work. But after trying for second time, it worked. Weird.

edit: There must be gremlins hiding in Aylia's program.

Bogwart's home, you can walk on his kitchen table like it doesn't exist XD

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
YummyTiger

YummyTiger

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Bogwart's home, you can walk on his kitchen table like it doesn't exist XD
Fixed. Thanks.

As for the opening video, it was included in the download. Not sure why it wouldn't work, but glad it's working now.

OP
YummyTiger

YummyTiger

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Where is the fix?
On my computer :). Not worth reuploading the file for a single table movement restriction. If you are referring to the intro video, it should be working in the existing file. The ogv file was present, I'm not sure what the issue was for Ericridge.

Hentaisearch

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

You nailed the combat mechanics! Was well worth the wait. I love how you made it your own style instead of using the generic assets from rpgmaker. Only thing I felt was off was the battle music. It's so slow and boring for a battle. Other than that, can't wait to see more!

OP
YummyTiger

YummyTiger

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Thanks Hentaisearch! Good point on the battle music, and that is due to the fact that I have not yet done anything with battle music. The other music in the game is hand selected and a good portion of it custom. In fact, the title track and Zalran theme are commissioned, and I love what the composer did with them--granted I know music is super subjective. Anyways, the battle music will change, I tend to do sounds last, after I've capture the feel I want for the scene or battle.

EggsBenedict

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I was just wondering will there be any benefits at all for picking different scenes/responses. For instance choosing to visit Dirk later skips a revealing titties scene but as far as I can tell there are no rewards for doing so? I thought perhaps that it would lead to Aylia having more mead since she hadn't seen what happens to those who drinks too much of it yet. I'm not really expected much in a prologue but I'd like to know if the main game will be like this too because that approach just leads to mass save files to determine where the h is at.

I inspected the door to an abandoned house left of the mayor's mansion. It has a typo for the word house as "hosue" or some such. Small error but thought I'd point it out all the same.

OP
YummyTiger

YummyTiger

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I was just wondering will there be any benefits at all for picking different scenes/responses. For instance choosing to visit Dirk later skips a revealing titties scene but as far as I can tell there are no rewards for doing so? I thought perhaps that it would lead to Aylia having more mead since she hadn't seen what happens to those who drinks too much of it yet. I'm not really expected much in a prologue but I'd like to know if the main game will be like this too because that approach just leads to mass save files to determine where the h is at.

I inspected the door to an abandoned house left of the mayor's mansion. It has a typo for the word house as "hosue" or some such. Small error but thought I'd point it out all the same.
Yes, your choices throughout the game have an impact going forward. I guess I'll give a little hint to people following along... your choice in regards to the Dirk scene is actually the only choice in the prologue (aside from how the final conversation goes) that has an impact going forward. That's all I'll say on that :D.

I personally think it is really cool to have your choices actually have an impact, even if it is just dialogue changing. These little things really make a game extra fun for me--even though it makes development suck a bit.

Thanks for the bug report. I'll be setting up some kind of Google doc I think for chapter 1 bugs. But, I foolishly thought I had the prologue locked down and bug free... oh, what a fool I was. :p

EggsBenedict

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Awesome. That is nice to know that choices matter a bit.

For what its worth, from my experience as a computer scientist, typos and grammatical errors are some of the most common things to slip through iterations of testing and quality checks. They don't break the game and many testers will skip read stuff they have read before. They are difficult to pick up.

WhiteH

Reputation score

Will the choices also affect what kind of skills you learn? It would make sense, especially with kinky skills. :eek:
Also sorry if that has been asked before but how do you plan on handling game overs? Personally im not a great fan of game ending game over rape. (somehow that just doesen`t sound right XD) Being captured with the means to free oneself would be a cool approach in my humble opinion.
Repeatable scenes that change with your choices and the number of times you experienced them would be quite awesome too.
One example would be (if being captured is a thing) that if you got captured once and they actualy did do "something" to you, Aylia could dish out some sweet revenge upon wining another encounter instead of just wining etc.
If she can`t free herself there is still Bogwort! ...Maybe he can free her by channeling his inner Solid Snake?:D
Anyway really looking forward to chapter 1!

jadex

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Alright i've been wanting to play a good RPG maker game and this one caught my eye.

I played the demo a long time ago. I think it was one of the first ones. And I liked the concept and story but as far as progression went i figured i'd wait until there was more content to try it again.

I'm still only in the first mines, but I can see this game has gone through a lot of improvement in terms of animations, artwork and menus. Bogwart is an interesting companion. He's got a kind of Navi from Legend of Zelda role, where he can be annoying but still helpful at the same time. His jokes and perverted attitude also clash humorously with Aylia's personality (At least at the start of the game, haven't gone too much into the corruption system yet).

Anyways I'm really liking how the game looks so far. I know the answer to this question is probably out there some where but I couldn't find it on the front page or patreon. How is progression going to go for this game? Is it a series? I noticed the demo is titled "Prologue" and there are multiple chapters planned. Are these going to be seperate games?

Regardless, keep up the good work YummyTiger.

OP
YummyTiger

YummyTiger

Tentacle God
Reputation score

@WhiteH: The skills Aylia learns will absolutely be influenced by your in-game choices. There are a core set of skills she learns through leveling up, but your decisions influence her more powerful skills and REALLY influence which sex appeal skills she learns. I'm also toying with the idea of having her sex appeal skills vary based on her current level of corruption. I'm not thinking additional artwork, as that would be a lot of work, but perhaps facial expression changes and dialogue. It will depend on how much I can get done in the next few months, since I don't want this game dragging on forever...

As for game overs, there will not be game overs in the game (even if there are currently in the prologue). Losing battles will have a minor penalty (not permanent). If there is some event sequence from losing, I will have some form of plot device to give you a hint. One thing I want to avoid is the need to try and lose to everything to see if there is a scene. That is annoying to me.

@Jadex: Thanks for the feedback! I'm glad that a lot of the changes are showing through. So much of the work I've done has been behind the scenes, but I have revamped the artwork quite a bit. I'm going through another slight change in that I'm lessening the black outline in my drawings. Seems people like that better, and honestly, I don't mind either way. Super easy change really.

Anyways, to answer your question, there are 5 chapters total in the game. The first chapter (which has been promised by the silly developer for about 5 months now) will focus on establishing Aylia around Zalran. After that, the world is her oyster. I've got a cool system planned for traveling around the world, and I have not seen anyone do something like this. The closest I can think in the h-game world is Vitamin Quest, but it will be far more interactive. For public releases, I plan on releasing the game after chapter 1 for a full public demo. That will contain battle H, true h-scenes and really show off some of the questing/choices you'll experience in the game. Afterwards, I'll definitely release the full game upon completion. I've always intended for this game to be free for the community, and for people to only support if they want to.

Xil

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Will the in-game choices also influence what kind of clothing and/or weapons will Aylia receive during her travels and be able to wear/equip?

kadude

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I would love to walk around in a bikini(or less :D) at some point, having Bogwort resting his eyes on me and getting hit on by other men.
Exhibitionism ftw

Last edited:

Xil

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

I would love to walk around in a bikini(or less :D) at some point, having Bogwort resting his eyes on me and getting hit on by other men.
Exhibitionism ftw
That, or having evil looking clothes if you are on the evil alignment. Assuming you can be evil of course.

bigtotoro

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Just played the demo and loved it all the way through, although I was hoping for at least one proper scene, especially with the munchkin quest tease :D

Concerning feedback: Could you remember the last command used in battle so I don't have to scroll to Skills each time? Also, this might be questionable, but in battles I also always scrolled with the wrong arrow because I wanted to go to the icon in that direction. Then I remembered, but dunno, just maybe something you'd like to know. GJ. GL. ;)

OP
YummyTiger

YummyTiger

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Just played the demo and loved it all the way through, although I was hoping for at least one proper scene, especially with the munchkin quest tease :D

Concerning feedback: Could you remember the last command used in battle so I don't have to scroll to Skills each time? Also, this might be questionable, but in battles I also always scrolled with the wrong arrow because I wanted to go to the icon in that direction. Then I remembered, but dunno, just maybe something you'd like to know. GJ. GL. ;)
Munchkin quest tease? You mean the bones in the mines or the bones in the forest? Don't worry though, there are munchkins in chapter 1 :)

As for the battle suggestion, that is actually I think one of the final "system" components to figure out. I'm not sure if remembering your last selection is doable, but I definitely plan on having Bogwort default to "skip," as that has been requested multiple times. His "advice" must not be very helpful, hehe :D

@Xil: Choices will effect outfits slightly. There are not a ton of outfits in the game because of the amount of work involved. Each outfit has unique artwork, unique battle attack graphics, unique ways to be exploited in battle, etc. Meaning, adding an outfit adds a lot of work. There will be a few non-battle outfits that are quest specific, so those are less work (think tavern wench, dancer, etc.). In those cases, your choices in the quests will absolutely influence whether Aylia wears that outfit. In the end, even with around 4-6 main outfits, I think people will be pleased, as the outfit selection is more meaningful than simply a layer of clothing on a standard portrait.