What's new

RPG Unknown/Hiatus RPG Maker [Takimaru] Despair Labyrinth

Despair Labyrinth (RPG Maker VX GOR game) - Version 0.09 - Updated 4/18/2012!

• Emilia (Warrior)

Votes: 27 10.3%
  • Rhiannon (Berserker)

Votes: 24 9.2%
  • Irine (Priest)

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Lanie (Magician)

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Thyme (Sage)

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Cesca (Thief)

Votes: 63 24.0%
  • Sairyn (Martial Artist)

Votes: 22 8.4%
  • Asella (Paladin)

Votes: 20 7.6%

• Total voters

Wealthyhob0

Reputation score
Re: Despair Labyrinth (RPG Maker VX GOR game) - Version 0.09 - Updated 4/18/2012!

Is this still being worked on?

IronAnt

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Re: Despair Labyrinth (RPG Maker VX GOR game) - Version 0.09 - Updated 4/18/2012!

Last I saw, the development had come to a halt due to the developer having real world issues or something, and I saw some drama on the forum that the game was originally being posted on.

It could be, but chances are it is in the same state of purgatory hentai games like this normally are in after things start to slow down.

xgkf

Tentacle God
Reputation score

It's still being worked on, to my knowledge. Taki's just busy with other stuffs.

Kat

Sex Demon
RP Moderator
Reputation score

It's still being worked on... really really slowly. A good number of scenes are written already, but the CG stuff isn't done yet... I think.

Anyway... there's a whole RP section for the Dlaby "world" now if you're bored and wanted to read up on some context.
http://www.ulmf.org/bbs/forumdisplay.php?f=223

(The Royal Magic Academy is totally the best one there >_>)

Alpha

Demon Girl
Reputation score
At the risk of activating my latent necromancy abilities, any information on whether or not this project is completely KIA yet?

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Same answer as the posts directly above yours. A bunch of stuff has been done, it just hasn't been compiled into a new build and released yet, as far as ye creator has told me.

MrMe

Lurker
Reputation score

Where's Takimaru posting this information?

They haven't posted in this thread since May and the LoK thread is locked

xgkf

Tentacle God
Reputation score

We know him and talk to him regularly. :p

AllenAndArth

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

nice to know

Netty

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Good to hear, hopefully we will see an update this year :)

killzone184

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

is this game dead? seems so to me since the patch your show is from 2012

Reactions: Kat

AllenAndArth

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Takimaru is still posting on the despair Labyrinth, so...it's a possibility!

Hoboy

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

The content and the story are being expanded greatly, and currently. However, as to if this will ever make it into game form is the question...plot is there, but the actual game coding? And the CGs? Could take awhile after looking through all the story that has been written.

BlockHead

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Firstly, deep apologies for necro-ing this thread.

I didn't know if the email address I had for Taki is current so I could think of no better place to post this.

-----------------------------

Hey,

I don't suppose you remember me, but while you were in active development of Dlaby I was one of the main people who was editing the wiki. I know that you've put Despair Labyrinth on the back burner over the last few years or more and I'm not here to complain or whine about that. I was just thinking, recently I've seen an influx of developers that have been releasing and working on quality games that otherwise wouldn't have had a chance a few years back. They are using patreon. If you haven't heard of patreon by now here is a brief summary: Developers can create pages where people can back their development either by a monthly charge or by update to the project.

So that got me thinking, I was always lurking around, working on the wiki and saw how much effort went into Dlaby, so many characters, so many cgs and branching text paths! Creating so much in such a short time burned you out big time, especially with the toxic way people were reacting to no new content (from the places I was browsing at the time). So perhaps you can turn it around, Despair Labyrinth is very popular and if you ever wanted to pick up work on it again why not get paid for it? What you already have game wise makes a perfect demo with tons of content. Also you don't have to be pressured into working faster, as I said you can set up your page to charge per update, so no more deadlines. I've seen people show up with no established games that have been making thousands and once they got publicity, even more. You already have a fairly sizeable fan base so I think people will definitely jump on board as you can set different tiers, $1, $5, $10, $20 ect. so even people who don't have much can support.

Seeing as patreon wasn't around when you started Dlaby, now might be the time to pick it up again and make it work for you.

Anyway, just a thought.

Here are a few links to some h-devs that are doing well in case you're curious. One gets almost $27,500 a month... that's just crazy!

LINKS REMOVED AS I DON'T HAVE THE REQUIRED 15 POSTS OR MORE
Links included Breading Season, Akabur, YummyTiger, Malice and The Machine and so on.

I know I'd love to see Despair Labyrinth come back and I'm sure so would many others.

-----------------------

So those are my thoughts. Once again, sorry for the necro. Just had to put it out there.

Devilbringer

Demon Girl
Reputation score

anyone know what this games cg's were made with like what program?

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

And a buttload of mods