What's new

RPG RPG Maker Seeds of Monsters Premium 1.3

sythmanG

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

About:
Seeds of Monsters is a Full Version 2D Monster Collector, Trainer, Dungeon Crawler, Grinder game,
created with the new and powerful RPG Maker MV
more then 100+ different Monsters
10+H Gameplay

Monsters Armor can break<3

Download:

Last edited by a moderator:

qinlongfei

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Re: Seeds of Monsters

First of all, most of the dialogue is pretty fun in that campy cheese not taking itself too serious way, which is a good tone to have for a game like this (Which is essentially about enslaving sentient being). The intro where PC meets three monster girls fighting each other and have to choose one is a pretty cute nod to Pokemon where you have to pick one of the pokemon to start your game with.

That being said... the intro sequence from the start feel unnecessary, or at very least too long and it's honestly not a good tone to start your game with when players just want to get right into the good stuff. Same can be said for the dialogue when reading it again so some kind of skip or fast forward button would be nice if you can program it.

Also got an error immediately in my first battle says:

Error
Failed to load: img/pictures/Thomas.png

I'd try to pick one of the other five starting characters to see if they also have the same problem... but frankly with how long the intro was I just can't be bothered with.

redx

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

those three download sites suck so much. if one of them ever finishes i'd be surprised >.>

OP
sythmanG

sythmanG

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Yeah stupid me!
I wonder why it was so fast to create an compressed folder.

will upload a fix quick..

and add an Skip Intro button

@redx please tell me a good upload site. ( I upload now to mediaFire) ( ihave testet File-Upload.net and it was down within 5 minutes.)

Version 0.9.1
+Fixes Missing Pictures
+Add Skip Intro button

Last edited:
OP
sythmanG

sythmanG

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

add download link for Dropbox. Looks like it is one of the faster services.
please tell me where you like me to upload it.
some services are better in different countries.

So most of them are located in the US.

Zodiark69

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Mega of course. it's one of the best.

Stuffie

TouchFluffyEars
Reputation score

I was going to download the archive of your demo and re-upload it to MEGA, but I can see that you're using adfly, so I'll leave that to you:

keith3

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Was going to test this but the download links seem to dead end at popups/ads.

Edit: might be cause of content blockers I'll try again later.

raska42

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Well, I gave it an hour or two, and here's my thoughts. Spoiler text due to length

Balance: Fights are easy, even in the non-regen areas. Bosses aren't much harder. Might be what you want, might not.

6 main characters: If you changed it to one male one female it would be fairly doable to make scenes with the main character involved that accurately show the main character. Haven't encountered any scenes yet (not sure if there are any or not). The mc differences are a nice idea, but not noticeable enough to really make it worth it.

Cheer up skill: I never had enough tp to have it going for more than 1 round (exception being a glitchy monster), and the effect is so minor that a basic attack is generally a better call.

Armor break: Currently, this appears to be the main H-content in the game. It's also nearly impossible to get after level 3 (even spamming 'shred'). The enemies just die too quickly and their skill use is too glitchy for it to be an issue.

Town rebuilding: Fairly well done. Might be worth considering a shop or two where you can choose what it sells, a brothel, or a market where you can sell monsters you don't care about.

Feeding system: The idea is nice, in practice... it's not so nice. There's no way to tell if the monster doesn't like a food or if it's just choosing to attack again regardless. Some of the 'correct' and 'incorrect' choices of food are a bit strange as well (e.g. not sure why the turtle doesn't like fish, or why the elf doesn't like wine, those seemed fairly stereotypical).

Non-regen rooms: Being able to change party members in the dungeon kinda defeats the purpose of the non-regen rooms.

Spikes: Having the spikes damage monsters that aren't in your party is an odd choice, and something that will probably annoy people who move a monster out to keep it safe, especially since potions are glitched.

Glitches:

Blacksmith: appears in the dungeon area before the second prisoner room in the upper left. Impossible to interact with.

Monster: (pink girl with visor). Seems to have a very small spawn zone (possibly intended), and food seems to have mixed effect on her (same item will sometimes give her a food icon, sometimes won't. Doesn't appear to to status related).

Potion: Says that it restores all HP and cures KO. Only restores HP.

Skill glitch: Not sure of the exact cause, but when I was catching an elf it used poison arrow several times with no effect. After that I noticed that most enemy skills weren't doing anything.

One final note, RPG Maker MV is known to have issues regarding windows 10. If you're developing in windows 10, people using other OS's may have issues. If you're developing in something else, people running it on 10 may have issues. Doesn't happen with every game, but it happens enough to be noticeable.

Last edited:
OP
sythmanG

sythmanG

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Thanks for the feedback so far.

thank you for uploading it to mega! I will upload it there. please be so kind and remove the link when it is ok for you.
I dont want that people download an old game version. when it gets updates. :)

Adfly. so I addet the option that you still get linked to the file. (even when you have addblocker on)

Potion Bug: It should not heal KO. its an tooltip error.
Maybe I add a Hardmode to the game.

Here is my (Version 0.9.1)

thank you all again! <3

Last edited:

TheGraySpy

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I also had an issue where the game hung after giving blue liquid to the man in the first non-regen room; if you speak to him from the left, he isn't able to path back to his position and so continue his dialog.

Second, you may want to consider having someone go through and fix the grammar and spelling. Right now, it's quite rough- but the artwork seems pretty good, and the spelling is easy to improve by comparison ;)

Moonchaos

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Well even with add block disabled, its not linking to the download page, just opens more advertisments...

OP
sythmanG

sythmanG

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

yep thats what I planning to do!
the grammar problem will be solved. sorry for that, I just have no talent for
writing. Thank you for the Bug report! will fix them asap.

@Moonchaos I have send you a link. sorry for the problem..

OP
sythmanG

sythmanG

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Blog Update.

Hey guys! Since there are to many problems with Adfly. I added non-Adfly links!

please don't forget to give feedback on the game and follow my blog!
sry for double post. I shut up now...

TheGraySpy

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Few other things: The light puzzle in the first jungle level is awfully confusing. The blue light is a toggle- so how does it light twice before disappearing? I figured it out eventually, but that's something you have to be careful of when you update it.

The teleportation for the first ice level doesn't work the way you want; only when you step onto one of the purple squares, not when slide onto one, does it move the character. Also the iceflame attack, from the same area, seems to be incredibly overpowered... it one-shots my characters with armor on, though in the description for when I use it, it claims it does very little damage while armor is present. Plus, the AI casts it every turn?!?

Skill "Flow" seems to do nothing.

On catacombs level, secret at northern end has a gray backing; doesn't match the rest of the walls.

But on the whole, this is a pretty fun game; thanks for sharing what you've made!

OP
sythmanG

sythmanG

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Also the iceflame attack, from the same area, seems to be incredibly overpowered... it one-shots my characters with armor on, though in the description for when I use it, it claims it does very little damage while armor is present. Plus, the AI casts it every turn?!?

Skill "Flow" seems to do nothing.
Thank YOU!
yes iceflame is one of the strongest attacks. And I wanted to increase the DMG when enemy use it. But on the same zone you can tame a monster with a skill with very big chance to turn rage mode on enemy on. While in Rage they cannot use skills. alternative you can use the Skill FLOW it deals no HP dmg but it does deal MP DMG. so after 2-3 Casts the enemy is no longer able to do any skills. (for the current version Flow is not as good, but I buff it with an update . To bad that I cannot show the MP of an enemy. )

TTOG

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Some bugs:

Maze A-2: person is standing in the top left corner. No interaction.
Between Maze A-3 and A-4: Soe of us are very weak! -> some
Mage: creat Scrolls-> Create Scrolls
Maze A-4: talked to guy that wants blue liquid from the left side. Gave him liquid, walked against me. Game freezes. Quit playing

OP
sythmanG

sythmanG

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Some bugs:

Maze A-2: person is standing in the top left corner. No interaction.
Between Maze A-3 and A-4: Soe of us are very weak! -> some
Mage: creat Scrolls-> Create Scrolls
Maze A-4: talked to guy that wants blue liquid from the left side. Gave him liquid, walked against me. Game freezes. Quit playing
thank you! this will be fixed by next version.

OP
sythmanG

sythmanG

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

version 0.9.2 it out.
1 week now. (added Hall of Monsters)
You can catch em all! without leaving your house ;)))

OP
sythmanG

sythmanG

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Version 1.0.0 (1.0.1) will release soon!
(just check if anyone still cares.. :)