What's new

Through the Mists: Out of Character Discussion

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Through the Mists: Out of Character Discussion

Aaaa so what are the rules for casting spells again.

I'm torn between casting Sacred Flame and just, like, driving the cart.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

You just kinda.. do the spell, ideally do some fanciful roleplay to go along with it. As Radiant flame has somantic components you couldn't steer the wagon or if necessary due to whats going on, calm the horse, so it may be risky to do, then again, considering the wagon is quite filled with people and a heavy werewolf now its doubtful the horse can still move with the speed necessary to simply outrun the other two werewolfs anyway.

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

What Pervy said.

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Oh boy! Hopefully posties coming tonight :D.

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Back at my computer now. Will be posting tonight. :)

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Back at my computer now. Will be posting tonight. :)
Thats a downside of working on everyone elses weekends. Be back in eight hours. :p

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Hruugh, okay, birthright thread updated... took a lot longer than I thought. Wanted to introduce new characters... and I have trouble knowing where to stop. :rolleyes:

Okay... pirate stuff next.

Edit: Pirate stuff is done, but after rolling Initiative for Esvele, the battle order goes:

Esvele --> Vita --> Werewolf --> Sylvie --> Ireena

So I gotta know what Esvele wants to do first.

Last edited:

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Hruugh, okay, birthright thread updated... took a lot longer than I thought. Wanted to introduce new characters... and I have trouble knowing where to stop. :rolleyes:
Not to speak for Diagas, but its fine, you dun have to stop!*wanders to peek at pirate stuffs curiously!*

Btw_

Upstairs, there is... An intruder,
You're describing the upstairs
Damn Lady Wachter can't be fooled. :p

Last edited:

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Ooooh post is lovely. And darn, was hoping for Main Campaign post too.

Hmmm for Malena to share those tendencies her mother exhibited. The bluntness from Jarl Kohneg is good.

@Pervy, Rovana's wicked deeds are seen through easily by the Lady Wachter!

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Not to speak for Diagas, but its fine, you dun have to stop!*wanders to peek at pirate stuffs curiously!*

Btw_

Damn Lady Wachter can't be fooled. :p
Didn't Rovana mention the library and the daughters room without having been there before? That was what I was having Fiona react to.

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Post up. Gah that took awhile. I blame it on RL distractions and other things. Am hoping for a blarg post now in main thread <3.

Also, is it possible for somehow a situation happening during the victory feast where Crassus ends up doing an impromptu judging contest on who is more pretty - Gretta, Malena or Sigrunn >:3?

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Sure. You'll all have to make Charisma rolls. But if you want to do something to influence the results first, you can.

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Sure. You'll all have to make Charisma rolls. But if you want to do something to influence the results first, you can.
Just gotta figure out a way to edge Sigrunn subtly to turn it into a challenge that is thrown back at Malena's face - with some helpings of mead of course. Then once the conversation is on that tangent, Charisma rolls ahoy!

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Didn't Rovana mention the library and the daughters room without having been there before? That was what I was having Fiona react to.
Aah ok. You were expressing that Lady Wachter is still suspicious then. but why!

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Nah, she was confirming that what you said made sense. And she's wary of people that hell offers 'good' deals to.

I should point out as well that I'm having an abbreviated weekend due to RL, but I will be getting more free time soon, so there will be opportunities to push stories forward, particularly one on one threads.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Nah, she was confirming that what you said made sense. And she's wary of people that hell offers 'good' deals to.

I should point out as well that I'm having an abbreviated weekend due to RL, but I will be getting more free time soon, so there will be opportunities to push stories forward, particularly one on one threads.
Damn.. Now that you say it I do feel stupid for not getting it, Wachter should get -more- suspicious with that offer on the table. I dunno what Archfiends do in your campaigns, but in my campaigns they're not something to trifle with.. chances are Glasya can sense one of her servants is being tricked.. not that she cares, but it might get her.. interested and amused.

Also, nues for abbreviated weekend.. same here, got emergency duty soon,.. but yey, 1on1 story pushings!

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Archdevils and Demon Lords are end game bosses... if indeed they are bosses at all. More often I establish them as a source of power and then it's their worshippers that the heroes have to deal with.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Archdevils and Demon Lords are end game bosses... if indeed they are bosses at all. More often I establish them as a source of power and then it's their worshippers that the heroes have to deal with.
Epic level encounters usually, yeah.

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Hmmm how hard would it be for a group of 8 level 20 adventurers in 5E to take down on the statted Archdevils or Demon Lords?

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Hmmm how hard would it be for a group of 8 level 20 adventurers in 5E to take down on the statted Archdevils or Demon Lords?
You gotta specify more of the setup. Like.. do you assume the archfiend has acess to all their resources? Because just getting to an archfiend is problematic, rp wise, as in, you already need to burn a grade 9 spell or two (wish and gate) to get to them without a huge and dangerously efficent army backing them up.

Beyond that.. Entirely possible actually, though the stats would come from 3.5 and need to be adapted, now, each archfiend has different abilities and they are -not- created equal, to be clear, even low ranking Archdevils are scary. To use a low-numbered and thus arguably low rank example, Number two, Dispater turns things into iron with one hand and rusts them to nothing with the other... Glasya, for comparison, is number six.

Also, not all Fiends are even on equal planes of existance, while you can hope to dispose of the first eight archdevils, can hope to kill all NE Ultroloths and have a chance to defeat most Demon princes, Asmodeus, The General of Gehenna and Pale Night are on an entire different level.
Its the same with all big outsiders, really. Take the archangels for example. Killing Raziel, The Crusader, third strongest Archon of all? Entirely possible, theres even an entry telling that, if you manage to slay him, another angel will get promoted taking on his form and you'll be marked as forever out of the good guys club.
On the other hand, if you even look at the most powerful Angel, Zaphkiel the Watcher and aren't an angel or deity, you instantly turn Lawful Good and repent for all sins.