What's new

RPG Patreon Active Unknown/Hiatus RPG Maker [SHOEGAZER] Dungeons and Prisoners (RJ113419)

Bryanis

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Re: RJ113419 - Dungeons and Prisoners

I had a question about RPG games in general.. Dungeons and Prisoners has some amazing game mechanics as well as CG and Heroine! Why don't creators usually make expansions for RPG games that are such a huge success? For instance expanding off of a previous game they make? I'm sure this will be a huge success when it is released.. So far the game itself has some amazing content already!
Well, for many RPG it exist (add on, DLC ...). But for a game made through RPG maker or other program regarding the hentai world, I'm not sure if it's easy.

As said, RPG have a start and a finish in a story (unless the creator made it as an unfinished story from the start). So adding content could be on the line of "side story" or "what happen after". Plus, it require new CG, and many modification to a game (like RPG maker for instance) may result in old save useless.

This is why most product only include bug fix, a few item not included at the time of release but already WIP at that time and do new game.

True, many of the good H game could have do with extension. You can only hope (or ask them, better yet ^^) for a sequel. But bear in mind that by the time you got enough of the game to ask for a sequel / extension, the creator is already working on his next game.

avgnar

Demon Girl
Reputation score

This is why people should look at it different rather than it being unfinished work.. For example!~ You sit there and take a series of books and throw it into one shitty movie rather than expanded upon or built into several different expansions or aka books for example.. It takes out all the detail and room for expansion.. That's why series leave room for advancement! To sit there rush something is honestly sad..

squark

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Kind of pointless talking about DLC and expansions on a thread about a game that's not finished yet, don't you think?

censuur

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Not nearly as pointless as posting your own opinion so matter-of-factly when all it does is admonish other posters.

These are the kinds of thoughts you keep to yourself, as there is absolutely no value in sharing them. Dismissing something based on an inability to understand is quite foolish, you should be concentrating on trying to understand rather than being dismissive.

Bryanis

Reputation score

Well, it's true that it has nothing to do (directly) with Dungeon&prisonner.

It would be best to do a whole thread dedicated to the subject maybe.

Yet, giving one feeling about what could be better for the game (or improving it), like adding content (patch, dlc/ add-on) instead of making a new game can be say to stay in the topic.

I'll admit, it's rather nearing the border of "off topic". Still, I think that discussing if it's a good idea / doable... from our point of view is still worthy, and may be usefull to Ill (it may tell what the community is awaiting in the futur, what peoples like / want....). But it's a lot of hypothetical in the discussion.

Nastynassy

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

I said wait a weak. so I meant during next weak Aug 10 to 16.
and I wish it is not reach 15.
I think most of game scripts are ready. memaning are datas.
Ah good news from Master Ill are always welcome, Im totally gonna dig in that demo.

So far 頑張って!

comradered

Reputation score

Not nearly as pointless as posting your own opinion so matter-of-factly when all it does is admonish other posters.

These are the kinds of thoughts you keep to yourself, as there is absolutely no value in sharing them. Dismissing something based on an inability to understand is quite foolish, you should be concentrating on trying to understand rather than being dismissive.
Seriously? You thought that was offensive? I think you need to be a little less sensitive.

On topic now, I'm really hyped by the next coming demo. Finally being able to get somewhere other than the port town should be fun, and the extra dungeon with Lynn is a good way to test the whole party battle/rape mechanics. I wish we could party up with the mechanic too, but I'll take what I can get.

avgnar

Demon Girl
Reputation score

As a matter of fact it does matter... It's good to think about expansions and DLC content well in advanced before a first Game or Book or any sort of series is completed! But that's completely up to the author/creator if they want to continue the same sort of work.. I don't see why I'm getting so much negative feedback from this? o.0 It was a simple question.. Plus a thought for Ill to think about! I think were most of the negativity is coming from is people wont feel like they will get a complete game but that shouldn't matter if more content is said to come in the future! So stop being so negative!

Kind of pointless talking about DLC and expansions on a thread about a game that's not finished yet, don't you think?

Last edited:

Alpha

Demon Girl
Reputation score

As a matter of fact it does matter... It's good to think about expansions and DLC content well in advanced before a first Game or Book or any sort of series is completed! But that's completely up to the author/creator if they want to continue the same sort of work.. I don't see why I'm getting so much negative feedback from this? o.0 It was a simple question.. Plus a thought for Ill to think about! I think were most of the negativity is coming from is people wont feel like they will get a complete game but that shouldn't matter if more content is said to come in the future! So stop being so negative!
It is typically a bad idea to start thinking too big like that before you have even finished a base game.

Look at the uncounted number of games on the Legend of Krystal boards where the creators had such lofty goals and plans, only to realize once they started that they couldn't hack it, dropped the project like a rock, and left everyone sitting dissapointed in what could have been. It is better to just focus on the task at hand, one step at a time, so that you don't bite off more than you can handle and end up abandoning something out of exhaustion.

The biggest problem H-game development always has is the lack of focus/sense of scale by the developers making them. They always try to shoot for the stars, and end up crashing and burning before they even get off the launchpad.

squark

Tentacle God
Reputation score

@ avgnar:
Your opinion about DLC/expansions is valid, but premature.
@ censuur:

That whole statement is self-defeating.
I didn't mean it an insulting/dismissive/whetever manner so back off, censuur. All I said was "not finished yet". The keyword being "yet". Try reading everything fully the next time, the both of you. And for the love of whatever deity you believe in (if any), don't censor me. You can't do that, only the forum moderators can.

That's my last word on this whole sorry episode.

Back on topic:
I'm curious about this extra demo dungeon. Curious and excited. ^^

Last edited:

censuur

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Good gods the lack of reading comprehension you've displayed is tragic, squark...

squark

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I'm not going to fall for that old trick. Let's try talking about the game, shall we?

Ioriya

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

@ avgnar:
Your opinion about DLC/expansions is valid, but premature.
@ censuur:

That whole statement is self-defeating.
I didn't mean it an insulting/dismissive/whetever manner so back off, censuur. All I said was "not finished yet". The keyword being "yet". Try reading everything fully the next time, the both of you. And for the love of whatever deity you believe in (if any), don't censor me. You can't do that, only the forum moderators can.

That's my last word on this whole sorry episode.

Back on topic:
I'm curious about this extra demo dungeon. Curious and excited. ^^
More like, you better not start shit when you don't want shit being thrown back at you. Your sorry attempt at trying to dodge the embarrassment that you just suffered from is amusing.

Darkstrain

Reputation score

i entered the thread hoping to see the new demo, yet i find a pointless (and senseless/idiotic) argument by a dood i won't shout out to XD, keep it up guys, keeping my hopes up :(

markus0i

Sex Demon
Reputation score

I said wait a weak. so I meant during next weak Aug 10 to 16.
and I wish it is not reach 15.
I think most of game scripts are ready. memaning are datas.
Sounds great ill, keep up the good work!

ments

Reputation score

ILL people wants to fap on your game - can't you see the pressure, people get angry and frustrated, so the star to fight on forum :p

squark

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Awesome. Not much longer to wait for the new demo ^^

Hentie

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

I personally love seeing fap whiners or people on fap rage.

Very few things entertain me that much.

I'm trying to come up with a good name for these sort of people and antics, any ideas?

fap wankers?
fap weiners?

hmmm....

Darkstrain

Reputation score

I personally love seeing fap whiners or people on fap rage.

Very few things entertain me that much.

I'm trying to come up with a good name for these sort of people and antics, any ideas?

fap wankers?
fap weiners?

hmmm....
they are just "flacid" people
"elitist faper" ? is faper a word?
for the philosophic ones maybe Arisfapeles.

and yeah, the reason for the rage is the expectation of the demo, this one and the last translation of ariadne would make my august