What's new

RPG RPG Maker Seeds of Monsters Premium 1.3

Williamtheshatner

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: Seeds of Monsters

The fun thing about checking in randomly to this forum is finding those fun little things that might fly under the radar in the face of the giant hundred page threads. I'll check this out!

OP
sythmanG

sythmanG

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Hey Guys!
Version 1.0.2 is ready to Download!

Update Notes:

* Add Sex Scenes for Boss (about 50+ Pics)
* First Monster World Zone (Shining Forest about 19 Maps)
* Added NPC to Monster Village 1
* Added Another Town (Shadow Edge) at end of this Version.
* First Arena Fight is Open preview of 4 Monster Girls and (Reward is ofc a Monster Girl)
* 14 New Monster Girls
* New Items (Quest Items, Monster Eggs)
* Huge System Changes! (new Char Selector 3 Classes total) (Combat Balance)
* Add Picture Book (view sex scenes again)
* Monster Re Balanced them to make them more different.
* 20+ New Skills
* 4 New Trophys to Win
* New Quest System (9 New Rndm Quests)
* Fixed All Movement Bugs! (I hope there is not a single left...)
* Fixed Most Crash Issues.
* Fixed Monster Hall (shows now all Tamed Monsters)
* Fixed use for Candle (heal Actor after reaching 0 HP)
* more fixes.... yay....

-Here are 2 Monster Codes to use InGame!: ALPHADUDE and BETA1

Download:

glacier

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
Re: Seeds of Monsters V1.0.2

You did Evil Seeds and Love Rebellion, right? Those did some pretty cool things with H content and minigames. I think I tried a demo for this, but it was dull and unfun. I'll give the full version a try, and see if it's better. You always seem to be doing cool creative stuff with the RPG maker engine, and I'd like to see what this project ends up playing like. Thanks!

glacier

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Played a bit so far, combat speed feels a little sluggish. Dungeon 1 looks really samey once you've smashed the pots and picked up the gold, it gets easy to get lost. I just got some monster taming items, but I have no idea how to guess which monsters they'll be useful against.

EDIT: And since Saving in the dungeon is a limited resource, I don't really want to try it out and reload. This set-up you've got discourages the player from trying new risky ideas.

EDIT 2: Okay, mostly figured out taming. It is slow, grindy, and tedious. The game would be really improved if you didn't have to go through 2 full turns to MAYBE get a good random recruitment roll. The monstergirls are incredibly bland and similar to each other. I recruited the ninja because the NPCs talked up her amazing shuriken attack, and she didn't have it anymore when she joined the party. Just a mediocre karate chop. I recruited a boss who could use it too, and she's basically identical to the ninja, same special move and one point of stat difference.

Nice models for the monstergirls. I do like how you keep mixing up the dungeon floor gimmick.

Last edited:
OP
sythmanG

sythmanG

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Played a bit so far, combat speed feels a little sluggish. Dungeon 1 looks really samey once you've smashed the pots and picked up the gold, it gets easy to get lost. I just got some monster taming items, but I have no idea how to guess which monsters they'll be useful against.

EDIT: And since Saving in the dungeon is a limited resource, I don't really want to try it out and reload. This set-up you've got discourages the player from trying new risky ideas.

EDIT 2: Okay, mostly figured out taming. It is slow, grindy, and tedious. The game would be really improved if you didn't have to go through 2 full turns to MAYBE get a good random recruitment roll. The monstergirls are incredibly bland and similar to each other. I recruited the ninja because the NPCs talked up her amazing shuriken attack, and she didn't have it anymore when she joined the party. Just a mediocre karate chop. I recruited a boss who could use it too, and she's basically identical to the ninja, same special move and one point of stat difference.

Nice models for the monstergirls. I do like how you keep mixing up the dungeon floor gimmick.
Thanks you! Yes the Monsters need more balance. The difference shows up when they level. So they have almost the same stats on low level.
What I have planed for the next versions is to change taming so that Monsters get tamed directly when using an Item.
Im not sure when but the Ninja learn the Skill with lvl 10 or so.
And: I add some hints for taming Items. So after using a wrong Item the Monster will react to it and give a hint on what it likes to eat.

glacier

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

That's nice to hear. I got to the farmer slime who wants you to gather its chickens, but that was an incredibly frustrating puzzle. Herding the chickens is a slow and awkward experience, and if a random encounter triggers then they'll have a chance to move out of position while you don't have control. I gave up there because the price for random encounter blockers was absurdly high.

I think this game would be really improved if it was less padded. Does the random encounter rate really need to be that high? Why not cut down substantially and give players an option to trigger encounters directly? Like a summoning chamber or arena in the beginning of the dungeon. Or it could just be an event that triggers an encounter off the notmal list for its area.

Spending resources to save the game while in the dungeon makes players run back and forth between the town and dungeon while grinding. So far, you can only find food in the dungeon, so it is the most rare and irreplaceable resource in the game. Wasting food is a really bad idea. I think you should let the player save without limits and maybe let them buy cheap food from the store when it's unlocked.

Anything else... the dungeon would be way more interesting if there were more interactive objects. You could use signs and other clues to tell the player what monsters are like, what they're doing with the people they captured, and so on.

OP
sythmanG

sythmanG

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

That's nice to hear. I got to the farmer slime who wants you to gather its chickens, but that was an incredibly frustrating puzzle. Herding the chickens is a slow and awkward experience, and if a random encounter triggers then they'll have a chance to move out of position while you don't have control. I gave up there because the price for random encounter blockers was absurdly high.

I think this game would be really improved if it was less padded. Does the random encounter rate really need to be that high? Why not cut down substantially and give players an option to trigger encounters directly? Like a summoning chamber or arena in the beginning of the dungeon. Or it could just be an event that triggers an encounter off the notmal list for its area.

Spending resources to save the game while in the dungeon makes players run back and forth between the town and dungeon while grinding. So far, you can only find food in the dungeon, so it is the most rare and irreplaceable resource in the game. Wasting food is a really bad idea. I think you should let the player save without limits and maybe let them buy cheap food from the store when it's unlocked.

Anything else... the dungeon would be way more interesting if there were more interactive objects. You could use signs and other clues to tell the player what monsters are like, what they're doing with the people they captured, and so on.
There are some very nice ideas! Thank you!!! Yeah I reduce the Encounter rate on some zones. still there is an Item InGame that removes
Encounter by 100% (until you leave the zone).

Adding Save Spots in the Dungeon and Higher chance on Save Stone Drop should solve the problem .

For Food Items- I was planning something like a Food Farm in the Village. Where you can generate Food over time.

thanks again!

OP
sythmanG

sythmanG

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
(New Version 1.0.4)

Version 1.0.4:
  • Added more details to first Dungeon Maps
  • Reduce Enemy-Encounter Rate on all Maps
  • Added Save Spots inside the Dungeon
  • Monster Taming is now much Faster! (Monster decides now at each end of Battle-Turn)
  • Added New Random Shop-NPC He sells Monster Food and can appear on: A2, A6, A9 ,B4 ,B9 ,C1 ,D2 ,F1 ,F4 ,F8 ,G3 ,G6-5 ,G9
  • Fixed taming Temptressi (you get the correct monster now)
  • Tiger Cowi now eats Candy and Beefsteak
  • Fixed a Bug where INSANE Monsters do not attack after getting whiped.
  • Fixed wrong Actor Picture
  • Removed Unused Files from the Game Data to decrease game size!

szarala

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Seeds of Monsters (New Version 1.0.4) (25.February.2017)

There is a place you can get stuck on A-8 (I think it's A-8, the floor with the arrows) where you can get stuck on the west side.

Never, EVER do that. Never create a situation in a game where the only remedy is to reset.

edit: ok, I see there's an invisible teleporter there.. Still..

edit2: ok, another criticism.. don't ambush the player with boss fights (Blood Cati and the two cursed guardians)

Last edited:
OP
sythmanG

sythmanG

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

There is a place you can get stuck on A-8 (I think it's A-8, the floor with the arrows) where you can get stuck on the west side.

Never, EVER do that. Never create a situation in a game where the only remedy is to reset.

edit: ok, I see there's an invisible teleporter there.. Still..

edit2: ok, another criticism.. don't ambush the player with boss fights (Blood Cati and the two cursed guardians)
Thank you! I make the teleporter now visible. and Add a Save Event infront of this Boss.

szarala

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Thank you! I make the teleporter now visible. and Add a Save Event infront of this Boss.
Well its weird (the Blood Cati fight). The first time the dialogue starts immediately as soon as you go behind the waterfall and you're forced into the boss fight right there. After the game over, the second time I actually had to talk to her to start it.

OP
sythmanG

sythmanG

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Seeds of Monsters can now play inside a Browser!
Update Notes:
Patch V 1.0.9

This is a HUGE update!

Gameplay:

New Equipment System for Monsters!
Yes you can now Equip Gear for your fav Monsters <3 making them more individual.
Add new Equip Items (about 120 new Equiment items)

(Drop chance is higher when beating Naked Monsters "most monsters only drop loot when naked so make sure to break armor ;)"
for example Chained Angeli drops Ribbon 2Star, and when Her Armor is broken she drops Ribbon 3Star) (each Monster can equip 2 Artifacts 1x Small and 1x Big) (Big Artifacts are very rar!)

Special Raid Dungeons
+2 Raid Dungeons (A repeatable dungeon with random loot)
Raid Dungeon 1 is for Lvl 10+ Monsters at the Plain Zone,
Raid Dungeon 2 can be entered from the First Town at the Monster World
(Monsters cannot be tamed inside a Raid-Dungeon how ever! They can drop a Monster Egg.

New Zones
+The Wasteland Part 1 (lvl 30+)
+Plains (Lvl 10) Part 1 is for Low level (5maps) will continue within the next updates. (Plains is something like a second path to go.)

20+ New Monster Girls (many new EGG Monsters)
New Skills
ALL MONSTER GIRLS have now a Special Attack
rebalanced most monsters to make them more uniq.
1 New Boss Monsters with Hentai Scene
More NPCs in Towns (talk with them to get some hints)
New Quest NPC in Shadow Edge Town
New Arena to Fight, New Shops for Equipment
New Achievement (Dungeon Runner earn it after beating 10x Raid-Dungeons on Hard Mode)
+New Gamejolt.com Achievements! 40+ (Need to Login with Gamejolt Account)
New Events inside the Dungeon to make it more interesting to explore.

Balance/Fixes:

Lowered Lvl 1-20 Monster HP (Combat should be much faster now to get faster to High Level Content... I hope that new players dont give up early now)
Increas EXP gain (Faster Level for Monster Girls)
Increas ammount of EXP needet for Actor to Level Up (prevents Actor from getting to OP to Fast)
Fixed the SythmanG Picture at the Intro

Other:

New title Screen
Fixed some Engrish texts

glacier

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
Re: Seeds of Monsters (New Version 1.0.9 Online Game) (27.February.2017)

That sounds like some pretty impressive changes! Are old save files still compatible?

OP
sythmanG

sythmanG

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

yes for the offline version it should still work. How ever. I recommend to play the game from 0.
If you how ever try an old save file. pls let me know if there are any problems.

OP
sythmanG

sythmanG

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Here is Patch Part 2 of the Big 1.2.0 Patch. Now Live on "Browser Version"
(will upload offline version tomorrow)
Arena 2 is now Open
10 New Monsters (Include new Rar Type Monsters. They appear on every Map they do not fight. they Escape!)
Player need to use Handcuffs to Tame them. (Handcuffs do not have any effect on other Monsters)
New Item Handcuffs (Buy at City Shops) Used to Tame Escaping Monsters
New Monsters are now shown at the Hall of Monsters
Flow, Angeli Type Monsters Special Moves.
Add all Special Skills for the remaining Monsters.
Add more New Skills for Monsters to learn with levelups.
(Based on subclass, there are now more then 220 Skills Ingame!)
Re-Balanced "Wild Stomping (TP)" Cold Giganti Special Move (reg now more TP and Cost only 40TP)
Re-Balanced "Slime Bleach (TP)" Mega Slimei Special Move (80% Chance for Armor Break)
Re-Balanced Rar Monsters Special Move. (they are stronger now. but still not Overpowerd. but worth a try)
Re-Balanced "Lucky Strike (TP) Gambli Special Move. Deal now more Maximal DMG.
Fixed Picture Shown from Aeriesi, Parasite Angeli and Chained Angeli
Fixed Monsters appear now on H-1
Random Shop Sells now more often Fish
Changed Menue Names: Weapon = Big Artifact, Armor = Small Artifact, Key Item = Keys and Eggs
Dripping Grotto got shows now an Battlebackground
Fixed Battle Back for G-9,5
Fixed some more cut-off texts
New Gamejolt Trophies

asddsasadsda

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I have 2 question.
How get last skull ? I get Small and Medium Skull but I have 3 week find last skull and can't get.
How use Freedom Bell.

OP
sythmanG

sythmanG

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

You can get Big Skull at the "Terror Zone" when entering it from F-6,5.

You need the Freedom Bell at B-2,5 (after you finish the puzzle at B-2,0) make sure you have finished the side Quest! (the freedom bell must be repaired)
thx for playing ;)

DaBouncer

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Damn, no post here since March?

Either way, how do you do the 3 torches challenge? It's confusing as fuck and nobody has given the answer before.

OP
sythmanG

sythmanG

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Update 1.3 brings the Premium Version!

OP
sythmanG

sythmanG

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Damn, no post here since March?

Either way, how do you do the 3 torches challenge? It's confusing as fuck and nobody has given the answer before.