What's new

A very hesitant attempt

Voe

Reputation score
Re: A very hesitant Attempt...

My two cents:

Generally it's got a good flow, yet the right arm just threw it off. Had no idea what she was doing with her hand and why her arm was raised, it just didn't have the same cadence.

Essentially I tightened up some of the general structure. Altered the facial anatomy as well.

Attachments

Crawdaddy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I prefer Vicissitudio's old face, to be honest. This one has less personality to it, with the straightened nose and the narrowed (and made-up?) eye.

Voe

Reputation score

Well, to be frank, I didn't attempt to change the expression. I think part of the conflict comes from how he drew the eyebrow over the eye cavity. When in reality, most will start while under (and in) the socket and sometimes twirl over top near the end. But to get that eyebrow up like that, and keep the flow, then you gotta open the eye a bit as well - giving a surprise look.

Some of the facial elements come off as too large, which is prone to bringing out more manly features. So gotta be careful with that. Feminine usually requires smaller and daintier structures.

Last edited:
OP
Vicissitudo

Vicissitudo

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Thanks to everyone for the comments and sorry for this late reply, I've been busy lately.

I paid attention to all the critics you guy made and I came back to the sketch to apply some changes. To me it looks better now and I am willing to attempt to shade this character differently from how I did with previous ones.
Anyway feel free to tell me if there is anything visibly wrong but also don't be too picky! There is still much I have to learn before becoming a perfectionist! :)

Again, thanks as always to everyone supporting me with encouragement words!

Last edited:
OP
Vicissitudo

Vicissitudo

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Small update...what do you think about the shading? (haven't put any highlight yet).

Last edited:
OP
Vicissitudo

Vicissitudo

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Looks great! :D
Thanks mate! :)

Slight more progress!

Once I'm done with the other hand and face I will start coloring it and add some background! :)

Last edited:
OP
Vicissitudo

Vicissitudo

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Bringing it forward...I redone the face cause it just started to look weird to me. What do you think guys?

/edit

Added skin color balancing + a temporary highlighting.

I made a big mistake without drawing the background in the first place.
Anyway I am imagining some kind of open-air porch of a luxury ville, just in front of a tropical Indonesian beach with tall islands in the background.

Last edited:
OP
Vicissitudo

Vicissitudo

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Messing around a bit with the background...

Last edited:

Crawdaddy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I haven't got much to say, Vicissitudio. Just very impressed overall.

Sin

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Wow, man I don't know how you great artists do it some times, but keep at it.
;)

OP
Vicissitudo

Vicissitudo

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Hello fellas! It's been a while again since last post! I am sorry but I had a particularly busy period at work so I hadn't much time for posting here.

Anyway here latest update! I worked a lot on the environment trying to make it look decent. The clouds are a trick, just used a "cloud brush" so are a sort of placeholder before I paint em directly.

Have good time everyone! :D

OP
Vicissitudo

Vicissitudo

Sex Demon
Reputation score

I want to be honest...I got kinda bored of this last artowork. I spent too much time on it and it became overdetailed and I had too much expectations from it. Although I surely was a great training, since I experimented some new techniques, after a brief conversation with Calmdraws (exquisite person) I don't think I will ever complete it. It just bored me. Maybe one day I redraw it.

However now I am sketching a much simpler and funny artwork which I'd like to complete before Halloween! :D

Will have pumkints, magic involved! Just a rough sketch but will post more soon!

OP
Vicissitudo

Vicissitudo

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Preparing the background. I will post more later! :)

/edit

Update! :D

Working in progress...

Last edited:

Dragontear

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

As a wise man once said; Oh my! Verily spiffing, as always, certainly the lighting is done in a appealing manner, her facial expression is rather nice to look at - avoids the 'uncanny valley' effect that can easily occur with the human face, and generally better quality each time. ^^ Keep at it!

LustFire

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

This could use a light blue backlight and primary lighting from the pumpkin, but that's assuming this is not a WIP.

OP
Vicissitudo

Vicissitudo

Sex Demon
Reputation score

As a wise man once said; Oh my! Verily spiffing, as always, certainly the lighting is done in a appealing manner, her facial expression is rather nice to look at - avoids the 'uncanny valley' effect that can easily occur with the human face, and generally better quality each time. ^^ Keep at it!
Thank you! Much appreciated! :)

This could use a light blue backlight and primary lighting from the pumpkin, but that's assuming this is not a WIP.
You've read my mind! It is actually a WIP and that's exactly what I'm working on right now! However I'm planning to add perhaps one or more candles around. As you can see the background (graves etc) is still very rough so I will work more on these!

Here, take a look! :D
Thanks for the hint anyway!

Last edited:

Mr NunSense

Lesbian Admirer
Reputation score

her facial expression is rather nice to look at - avoids the 'uncanny valley' effect that can easily occur with the human face
Curious. Do you mean that (arc/hed)? line above her upper lip?